Javier Vazquez :unsure:

logrus
03-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Javier Vazquez beats Pulver.

Tyburn
03-03-2010, 11:37 PM
Javier Vazquez beats Pulver.

:angry: dont be a troll :angry:

I dont care what you say, I know loads of people are just going to say that to upset me. :ninja:

Max
03-03-2010, 11:58 PM
:angry: dont be a troll :angry:

I dont care what you say, I know loads of people are just going to say that to upset me. :ninja:

Dave there is more of a chance that you picking Pulver would be considered trolling then logrus picking against him.

With that being said Pulver by KO round 2.

Tyburn
03-04-2010, 12:06 AM
Pulver by KO round 2.

should have left it at that :rolleyes:

Maldonado136
03-04-2010, 12:08 AM
Dave there is more of a chance that you picking Pulver would be considered trolling then logrus picking against him.

exactly lol

MattHughesRocks
03-04-2010, 12:42 AM
Pulver by who cares! :happydancing:

Tyburn
03-04-2010, 11:38 AM
exactly lol

so now its trolling to support your favourite fighter is it :huh:

logrus
03-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Dave just doesn't like my history on picking the winners of the Pulver fights.

Pulver vs Penn (L)

Pulver vs Cub (W)

Pulver vs Faber (L)

Pulver vs Garcia (L)

Pulver vs Faber II (L)

Pulver vs Grispi (L)

As you can see I am officially 6-0 when picking a Jens fight. There is nobody in these forums with a better record on fight picks other then Max and Que..

Tyburn
03-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Dave just doesn't like my history on picking the winners of the Pulver fights.

Pulver vs Penn (L)

Pulver vs Cub (W)

Pulver vs Faber (L)

Pulver vs Garcia (L)

Pulver vs Faber II (L)

Pulver vs Grispi (L)

As you can see I am officially 6-0 when picking a Jens fight. There is nobody in these forums with a better record on fight picks other then Max and Que..

Dave just doesnt like you full stop :laugh:

...and as for better picks...have you kept a count of every single pick you've made, because since my return from the United States last September, I HAVE :ninja:

Tyburn
03-04-2010, 04:55 PM
okay so now I feel odd. I mentioned if you watched the video about a artical I read on the WEC homepage where Javier talked about closing the coffin lid on Jens, and because I had him as a friend on myspace from some time ago, I told him I didnt think it was a very nice thing to say.

...and he appologised :blink::unsure-1: He said he didnt mean to offend me but meant it as a figure of speech.

Its so irritating that some of these fighters who fight each other are both nice people in general.

logrus
03-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Dave just doesnt like you full stop :laugh:

...and as for better picks...have you kept a count of every single pick you've made, because since my return from the United States last September, I HAVE :ninja:

sure because I don't make picks very often, Usually just keep it to the main card, or fighter I am sumwhat interested in. Jens is easy cause I always win. Thats why I can easily remember his pay days lol. :laugh:

Tyburn
03-04-2010, 07:41 PM
sure because I don't make picks very often, Usually just keep it to the main card, or fighter I am sumwhat interested in. Jens is easy cause I always win. Thats why I can easily remember his pay days lol. :laugh:

:angry:

Well, everybodies unbeaten until they are beaten

I think he will win. :)

logrus
03-04-2010, 09:30 PM
:angry:

Well, everybodies unbeaten until they are beaten

I think he will win. :)

But he was beaten, 5 out of his last 6, and beaten bad I might add.

Tyburn
03-04-2010, 09:53 PM
But he was beaten, 5 out of his last 6, and beaten bad I might add.

well then Statistically he should win at some point soon shouldnt he.

The laugh of all this is, that when an MMA fighter that everyone loves falls on hard times...the institution feeds them cans.

Which can has Jens Pulver fought??There was BJ Penn, who is known to be one of the best fighters the world has ever seen, there has been Leonard Garcia, of contendership status, there has been Faber, twice...who the MMA media did hail a p4p best before he recently lost.

Lauzon was explained away by Jens, that he didnt focus on the fight but on his return, and you could say with Grispi it was an off night.

You know, its TRUE that he is a little older then he was...but the least you could do is show some respect, unlike, a lot of those aging Fighters...Jens Pulver is STILL fighting world class tallent, He's still fighting the best He isnt being fed anything, he hasnt been beaten by a bunch of no names, he's been beaten by only some of the best in the world...

You just havent got a clue have you. :rolleyes:

Maldonado136
03-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Lauzon was explained away by Jens, that he didnt focus on the fight but on his return, and you could say with Grispi it was an off night.

look we respect him but we also have the right to say that we dont like his chances in this fight. if he wins and proves us wrong then awesome but you act like it is insane to pick any fighter to beat pulver ever. and i would pick lauzon to beat pulver in a rematch anyway. it doesnt mean i dont respect jens. it is pointless to debate this with someone who is a hardcore incredibly biased (i couldnt find a nicer phrase to say i dont mean to be mean lol) fan. its great that you are as loyal as you are but you wont be swaying my opinions.

Tyburn
03-05-2010, 11:28 AM
look we respect him but we also have the right to say that we dont like his chances in this fight. if he wins and proves us wrong then awesome but you act like it is insane to pick any fighter to beat pulver ever. and i would pick lauzon to beat pulver in a rematch anyway. it doesnt mean i dont respect jens. it is pointless to debate this with someone who is a hardcore incredibly biased (i couldnt find a nicer phrase to say i dont mean to be mean lol) fan. its great that you are as loyal as you are but you wont be swaying my opinions.

Okay let me ask you another question.

IF Jens had beaten Grispi, Swanson, and Lauzon. Would you still think he stood no chance against Javi?

See I reckon your strongly biased by his past defeats, you think, well he lost to the best, fair enough, but he also lost to those who arent known to be good...ergo he's past it and will loose every single fight from here on, Grispi, prooves that...and Swanson by the same end means nothing.

...and yet my thoughts are also...that if Jens Pulver were to win this next fight and be matched against another, higher quality opponent, you'd probably then choose to say he would win...which is completely contradictory, in essence your only actually saying that he's only as good as his last fight...if he loses, he'll lose again, if he wins, he'll win again

I'd rather be loyal, or disloyal to a fighter...then to kinda jump like that. The phrase of only being as good as your last fight is bollox. :)

logrus
03-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Okay let me ask you another question.

IF Jens had beaten Grispi, Swanson, and Lauzon. Would you still think he stood no chance against Javi?

See I reckon your strongly biased by his past defeats, you think, well he lost to the best, fair enough, but he also lost to those who arent known to be good...ergo he's past it and will loose every single fight from here on, Grispi, prooves that...and Swanson by the same end means nothing.

...and yet my thoughts are also...that if Jens Pulver were to win this next fight and be matched against another, higher quality opponent, you'd probably then choose to say he would win...which is completely contradictory, in essence your only actually saying that he's only as good as his last fight...if he loses, he'll lose again, if he wins, he'll win again

I'd rather be loyal, or disloyal to a fighter...then to kinda jump like that. The phrase of only being as good as your last fight is bollox. :)

Thanks, but thats how people pick fights. They base it on fighter styles and fighters records. PEople also pick fighters based on if they like them or if they hate them. Sometimes they bounce back and forth.

1-5 vs 0-2 is such a boring fight anyways. One thing for certain if Jens loses he will still be around to lose a dozen more and the other guy will be let go regardless.

Tyburn
03-05-2010, 06:01 PM
1-5 vs 0-2 is such a boring fight anyways. One thing for certain if Jens loses he will still be around to lose a dozen more and the other guy will be let go regardless.

:laugh::laugh:

I watched an interview with Jens on the Sherdog front page...and he mentioned the word "commentating" See my biggest worry is what will happen to Jens when he does decide to retire...training others is fabulous...but we must not forget something...His Fathers transistion from reasonable man and excellent Jockey..happened when he could no longer compete.

Now Jens is a fabulous Commentator and it would keep him up to date, and keep him current if after he does retire he can go back to WEC colour commentary...hearing him at least voice that as an ideal has helpped calm me down.

You have to understand that he isnt the only one who suffers from Depressiona dn Anxiety :ninja: SO DO I...now usually when he fights I see a slight increase in stress...but when he fights really important fights like Faber One...I was effected for the WHOLE week before that event....and its happened again this week..iv'e been so distracted running through every possible scenario and outcome in my head...ive worried, Ive prayed, I've gone off food, I've had trouble sleeping...ive been restless, iv'e had trouble concentrating...some people on here have probably noticed the difference...someone at work even said to me this past week "he's fighting again soon isnt he..." :ninja:

So I'm sorry if you think I'm being mean, or if you think I'm a numptie...I am not, I am deeply loyal to Jens Pulver....and its worse now I've met him in person...because...with a lot of people who you love, you meet them and then you realize that...really...they kinda were a bit of a let down...but meeting Pulver was fantastic...because he was JUST like I imagined....he really IS that good in the flesh :laugh:

Now I care for him even more...and though, really this fight is no more important then the Grispi fight...which I didnt spend all week anxious about, and did manage to eventually overcome the result...for some reason...now Im that little bit more...nervous and worried. :unsure-1:

But I have faith in his abilities, I truely believe that he can fight and win against any of them. I suppose I always will. :)

Max
03-06-2010, 02:59 AM

Its not just the loses Dave its that fact that in all but 1 of them he has not even been competitive. In only 2 of his 5 losses has he made it out of round 1, the Penn fight, which he was dominated in from the start, and the first fight with Faber in which he did not win one round and on 2 of the judges score cards there was a 10-8 round. People are seeing that he is not the fighter that he once was and they are picking against him based on that, not because he lost his last fight. The same thing happened with Shogun. He had knee issues and lost to Forrest then in his fight back with Coleman he looked like crap. People questioned if we could ever get back to the way he was until he showed everyone he had returned to his former self. If Jens comes out in his next 2 fights and looks like the Jens of old then people might start picking him again

Jason 16
03-06-2010, 04:07 AM
sorry dave but they are right

Tyburn
03-06-2010, 11:46 AM
sorry dave but they are right

:angry: we'll see :angry:

Spiritwalker
03-07-2010, 03:46 AM
:angry: we'll see :angry:

Looks like we did. ( I was pulling for Jens to win.. just cause he is likable.. but it's clear he has lost a few steps)

MattHughesRocks
03-07-2010, 04:33 AM
Oh damn :cry:

flo
03-07-2010, 04:39 AM
Oh damn :cry:

Same here. :sad:

Tyburn
03-07-2010, 05:50 AM
:cry:

3dlee
03-07-2010, 06:42 AM
Really thought this would've turned out different. Sorry, bro. I am a huge og MFS fan. I even hate hearing about Big Timmy losing. He'll be back.

Tyburn
03-07-2010, 06:52 AM
I still love him you know :)

logrus
03-07-2010, 07:01 AM
Well I dunno what to say, sometimes I even surprise myself.

Tyburn
03-07-2010, 07:18 AM
It never ceases to amaze me that at times like this, some patrons still want to post and gloat

Its funny isnt it that even Javi was in tears during the after show interview of Jens...and yet some patrons on this forum cant even muster half the honour of the very man they predicted would win.

logrus
03-07-2010, 07:54 AM
It never ceases to amaze me that at times like this, some patrons still want to post and gloat

Its funny isnt it that even Javi was in tears during the after show interview of Jens...and yet some patrons on this forum cant even muster half the honour of the very man they predicted would win.

He was probably crying because deep down he realizes he can keep his job a while longer. Not only that but he beat a guy not many were giving him a chance of beating, including you...

Not only that but the praising of another fighter after a fight is just a way for the fighter to save face, keep on the good side of the company and $$$ reasons. It rarely is meant other then fighters like Hughes and others.

What did you want me to say. I wasnt surprised this was over in the first or that it ended by submission from a guy who already has 8 sub wins. Its not like Jav was a chump either, his last two loses were split which means it had to be 2 very close loses.

Lets be honest, your pissed because I went against the forum and picked Jav to win, not only that but my idiotic method for picking a winner of a fight proved to do just that, pick winners

Tyburn
03-07-2010, 10:24 AM
He was probably crying because deep down he realizes he can keep his job a while longer. Not only that but he beat a guy not many were giving him a chance of beating, including you...

Not only that but the praising of another fighter after a fight is just a way for the fighter to save face, keep on the good side of the company and $$$ reasons. It rarely is meant other then fighters like Hughes and others.

What did you want me to say. I wasnt surprised this was over in the first or that it ended by submission from a guy who already has 8 sub wins. Its not like Jav was a chump either, his last two loses were split which means it had to be 2 very close loses.

Lets be honest, your pissed because I went against the forum and picked Jav to win, not only that but my idiotic method for picking a winner of a fight proved to do just that, pick winners
No. The reason I'm shocked and saddened is because the moment the fight is over you arrive in this thread to kick all his fans whilst in the midst of their grief.

I like, and have corresponded with Javi, just last week. He even appologised for his term of phrase in one of the WEC reports...and "went against the forum" is a little much dont you think? Which members of the Forum came out in Vocal support of Jens anyway?? You might have gone against me, but I'm hardly "the forum" Logrus :laugh:

Besides...I'm not upset because Jens lost. Whether Jens wins or loses isnt something that is going to reflect on me. I know where my Loyalties lie and they are not dependant on his record. No the reason I am sad is because it must be devistating FOR HIM, and I deeply care about what happen to Him...I also worry every time that he fights that he might get seriously hurt or be killed by an injury or something...THATS what keeps me awake at night.

I'm not ashamed to say I still love and support Jens...and by the sounds of the crowd, they werent either. ONLY Randy Couture has ever managed to do this before in the entire 20 odd year history of this sport. To go beyond being a fighter and be solely accepted as a Human Being...and even he hasnt lost so many in a row and kept that ability.

People love Jens Pulver, and they always will...and he will always receive more in terms of public praise then the victor...so it was with Joe Lauzon, Leonard Garcia, Josh Grispi, Javier Valazquez. Jens Pulver just about equaled Urijah Faber when he lost in Fabers own city. You cant kill Jens no matter how many people you put up who beat him...and no other fighter in the History of MMA have ever achieved that..it IS a BIG achievement people LOVE him for WHO he is not WHAT he does...that is why he is a legend, that is why loads of people would love to see him fight again despite a five loss streak or whatever...

Do you think that will happen to someone like Georges Saint Pierre? or Anderson Silva...or even BJ Penn?? No...They are only loved en mass because of their skill...when they grow old and cant play ball, they will plummet like an anchor into oblivion.

What about Fedor...? Fedor is not loved because of who he is, nor even his record...He's loved as a "name" afew losses and he would evaporate except from history books...his position is WORSE then the above three mentioned.

...and what of Randy Couture? Yeah...he's got the same love, though it may have wained slightly with the political stunts he pulled afew years ago...it his awesome age that has saved him more then his character and record...He's still game approaching half a century...and that feat endears him to the public, even if he slows down gradually.

But could any of those? Fedor? Couture? Penn? Silva? St Pierre? looose five times in a row and be what Jens has become to the Public?

No.

I'm no longer the only one who feels like this, look at what happens when his management company is inundated with letters and the likes following a Pulver loss...look at his facebook page...I am not alone in thinking this...its the losses that has turned him from Champion into a Legendary Status all of his own...He's had the best of all worlds...He went to the top in Skills with wins, now he goes to the top in public appraisals with losses.

logrus
03-07-2010, 04:53 PM
No. The reason I'm shocked and saddened is because the moment the fight is over you arrive in this thread to kick all his fans whilst in the midst of their grief.

I like, and have corresponded with Javi, just last week. He even appologised for his term of phrase in one of the WEC reports...and "went against the forum" is a little much dont you think? Which members of the Forum came out in Vocal support of Jens anyway?? You might have gone against me, but I'm hardly "the forum" Logrus :laugh:

Besides...I'm not upset because Jens lost. Whether Jens wins or loses isnt something that is going to reflect on me. I know where my Loyalties lie and they are not dependant on his record. No the reason I am sad is because it must be devistating FOR HIM, and I deeply care about what happen to Him...I also worry every time that he fights that he might get seriously hurt or be killed by an injury or something...THATS what keeps me awake at night.

I'm not ashamed to say I still love and support Jens...and by the sounds of the crowd, they werent either. ONLY Randy Couture has ever managed to do this before in the entire 20 odd year history of this sport. To go beyond being a fighter and be solely accepted as a Human Being...and even he hasnt lost so many in a row and kept that ability.

People love Jens Pulver, and they always will...and he will always receive more in terms of public praise then the victor...so it was with Joe Lauzon, Leonard Garcia, Josh Grispi, Javier Valazquez. Jens Pulver just about equaled Urijah Faber when he lost in Fabers own city. You cant kill Jens no matter how many people you put up who beat him...and no other fighter in the History of MMA have ever achieved that..it IS a BIG achievement people LOVE him for WHO he is not WHAT he does...that is why he is a legend, that is why loads of people would love to see him fight again despite a five loss streak or whatever...

Do you think that will happen to someone like Georges Saint Pierre? or Anderson Silva...or even BJ Penn?? No...They are only loved en mass because of their skill...when they grow old and cant play ball, they will plummet like an anchor into oblivion.

What about Fedor...? Fedor is not loved because of who he is, nor even his record...He's loved as a "name" afew losses and he would evaporate except from history books...his position is WORSE then the above three mentioned.

...and what of Randy Couture? Yeah...he's got the same love, though it may have wained slightly with the political stunts he pulled afew years ago...it his awesome age that has saved him more then his character and record...He's still game approaching half a century...and that feat endears him to the public, even if he slows down gradually.

But could any of those? Fedor? Couture? Penn? Silva? St Pierre? looose five times in a row and be what Jens has become to the Public?

No.

I'm no longer the only one who feels like this, look at what happens when his management company is inundated with letters and the likes following a Pulver loss...look at his facebook page...I am not alone in thinking this...its the losses that has turned him from Champion into a Legendary Status all of his own...He's had the best of all worlds...He went to the top in Skills with wins, now he goes to the top in public appraisals with losses.

lol, I posted at like 1-2 a.m and after a bunch of people put a bunch of crying faces up. After that first statement you discredited yourself and what you wrote. Which is sad, I bet it probably was something worthwhile in reading too.

Besides, what I wrote did nothing to nobody and kicked nobody when they were down. Its you being over emotional and taking it WAY out of context.

Tyburn
03-07-2010, 05:13 PM
stop being a turd :sad:

Jason 16
03-07-2010, 05:51 PM
stop being a turd :sad:

no being a turd would be

DONT BE A

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_9F9_RUESS2E/SoMApR8aXUI/AAAAAAAAAi0/4tud-_5Es6w/s800/50-Old-and-Already-Seen-Motivational-Posters-emo.jpg

jk...... seriously dont get to down about this

Tyburn
03-07-2010, 05:59 PM
no being a turd would be

DONT BE A

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_9F9_RUESS2E/SoMApR8aXUI/AAAAAAAAAi0/4tud-_5Es6w/s800/50-Old-and-Already-Seen-Motivational-Posters-emo.jpg

jk...... seriously dont get to down about this

Jens Pulver has just Retired...and you say THAT to me :huh:

Jason 16
03-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Jens Pulver has just Retired...and you say THAT to me :huh:

Iam just kidding cheer up

Tyburn
03-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Iam just kidding cheer up

firstly...before I cheer up :ninja:

I want to know where you got that picture of me from :angry:

:laugh:

atomdanger
03-08-2010, 04:40 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/333g9eb.jpg

Oweee

VCURamFan
03-08-2010, 05:21 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/333g9eb.jpg

Oweee

OMG, Amy's going to drool over that pic!! You can seen bone & everything!!!! :happydancing:

atomdanger
03-08-2010, 06:47 AM
OMG, Amy's going to drool over that pic!! You can seen bone & everything!!!! :happydancing:

http://middleeasy.com/images/stories/organizations/wec/torstich.jpg

Not impressed with the stitch job.

VCURamFan
03-08-2010, 07:06 AM

Not impressed with the stitch job.

Dude, I think Miguel may just have become Amy's new favorite injruy - I mean fighter! :w00t:

TexasRN
03-08-2010, 10:52 AM

You know I saw it in your avatar and just had to find out where it was so I could see a bigger picture of it. :laugh: This is another wound I'd love to get my hands on. One of these days I need to print out great mma injury pictures and post them in my office at work. :)

~Amy

que
03-08-2010, 02:37 PM

this is so true.

VCURamFan
03-08-2010, 03:01 PM
You know I saw it in your avatar and just had to find out where it was so I could see a bigger picture of it. :laugh: This is another wound I'd love to get my hands on. One of these days I need to print out great mma injury pictures and post them in my office at work. :)

~Amy

Hahaha, it was too impressive for me to let it disappear with this thread. I had to carry it with me for awhile!

matthughesfan21
03-08-2010, 03:29 PM

Not impressed with the stitch job.yeah thats going to have a nice scar

VCURamFan
03-08-2010, 03:42 PM
yeah thats going to have a nice scar

That's going to end up being worse than Forrest. Every time anyone breathes on that scars, he's gonna open up!