PDA

View Full Version : BLOG: Elite Performance

NateR
03-01-2010, 08:22 PM
From Matt's blog:

Last week I was out at Jeremy's again training for the fight. Once again, I learned a lot. With the elevation and the people there it's a great place to train. I believe Matt Pena has come up with a great game plan on our feet and Jeremy and the rest of the guys are preparing me for the ground. My three cornermen for this fight will be Robbie, Jeremy and Matt Pena. Here is the link to Jeremy's gym if anybody is interested: Elite Performance Gym (http://www.eliteperformancegym.com/)

This week, I'll stay here at home to train with the HIT Squad. UFC Unleashed will be down here tomorrow and I also have a guy coming down from Wisconsin to help out.

This is from a show that I did for Laserlyte. I've already watched the show, if anybody is interested they can tune into it:
http://www.matt-hughes.com/images/LL-splash-page.jpg
It actually aired last weekend, but you should still be able to catch a replay of it.

The Bible verse for this week:
Who then can condemn us? No one - for Christ died for us and was raised to life for us, and He is sitting in the place of honor at God's right hand, pleading for us! (Romans 8:34)

-matt

County Mike
03-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Kick butt on the training.

As for the show, I'll have to check it out. I assume it meant "Starring Matt Hughes", unless you spend some time staring at the hogs.

Bonnie
03-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Kick butt on the training.

As for the show, I'll have to check it out. I assume it meant "Starring Matt Hughes", unless you spend some time staring at the hogs.

:laugh: Maybe the hogs are staring at him. :scared0015:

:laugh:

I haven't heard of the "Pursuit" channel. I have DISH now...wonder if they show it.

Llamafighter
03-01-2010, 11:15 PM
thanks for the update, Matt! sounds like your doing good!

Garandshooter
03-02-2010, 01:19 AM
I think Matts cardio must be very high for this fight, because when I saw him at Sudden Impakt saturday, he looked very cut.I think he could have made weight already. I don't know much about his opponent, but I think he beat Pat Miletich in an IFL super fight. I could be wrong. Now I'm no one to be critical, but I would like to see Matt protect his chin with his hands a little more. Wouldn't it be cool if Matt got a standing KO?

Boomer
03-02-2010, 04:24 AM
WARRRR MATT!!!!!

Great blog brotha!! Good to see you hitting the training hard!!! :) Counting the days til Abu Dhabi !!!

Silverback
03-02-2010, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the update, and I'm sure everyone here appreciates you taking time from your tasks at hand to keep us informed. War Hughes.:punch::punch::punch:

Tyburn
03-02-2010, 05:11 PM
Great Blog, happy to hear things are progressing well with your training :)

hughesfan4life
03-02-2010, 06:11 PM
hey matt!,glad all is going well in prep for the fight.wish i could watch the show but we don't get the pursuit channel in the uk:cry::cry:.jeremy's gym sounds awesome,he posts about it on facebook!.great blog once again:).xx

MattHughesRocks
03-03-2010, 03:36 AM
Oh my gosh I didn't even realize that the fight was just weeks away! http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/Smileys/r0731x.gif

KENTUCKYREDBONE
03-03-2010, 10:31 AM
His branching out like that should help Matt alot! He's smart to realize that no one gym can be everything and to get help from highly trained friends like that.

J.B.
03-04-2010, 12:21 PM
I don't have DTV anymore...:sad:

where else can I watch this? :unsure-1:

Bonnie
03-04-2010, 01:58 PM
I don't have Directv anymore either JB, but I went and found this site "www.keithwarren.net" where they show full episodes of their shows including "The High Road". They didn't have the episode with Matt yet so I emailed them to ask about it and below is their response. I just checked but they still don't have it up yet. If you go to the site to check if it's up yet and you click on "Full Episodes" but they don't show it, go to "TV Schedule"--they have the episode listed there "Lightin' 'em and Stickin' Em". If it's up, it will show "Full Episode" we can click on.

Tues. 3/2/2010

The Lighten em and Stickin Em episode with Matt Hughes will probably be available later today.

We put the video for new episodes online one week after the first airing...it's usually a couple of days early. The first airing of Lightin 'em was February 26.

The show is currently not on Dish Network, but Pursuit channel is in talks with Dish to work out a deal. I suggest calling Dish customer service and requesting they add the Pursuit channel to their line-up.

Sincerely,

Sean McGee
Producer

VCURamFan
03-04-2010, 07:56 PM
OK well Bonnie/JB: whichever one of you finds this first, post a link for the rest of us!! :happydancing: