PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Tax

Tyburn
03-01-2010, 01:45 PM
:angry: so I'm quite annoyed at this.

The Government has told me that inorder to pay back Student Loan fees, I have to earn 15,000 GBP a year. Before Tax.

Now I earn 11.000 GBP. Before Tax

so when I got my one of Bonus Payment which is the first time I've qualified for a yearly bonus period, in four whole years. I discovered the amount was 316 GBP. Before Tax.

Fantastic I thought, Tax will be as normal. But because its a bonus they decide to charge us extra. So off goes 34 GBP to a state pension I might never get, and off goes 63 GBP on Income Tax. Fair enough I thought.

Then I discover that I've actually been Taxed 111 GBP, so I'm wondering where its gone, that extra 14 GBP, and to my horror, it says Student Loan.

So I'm wondering how the Government can make the mistake of thinking that 11, 000 GBP plus 316 GBP equates to Plus 15, 000 GBP...when obviously its not even close.

So I phone the tax office, and they keep me on hold for twenty mins, and finally put me through to what sounds like a call centre in India. I explain my problem, and the guy tells me...oh no i've missunderstood. Student Loans are payable for those who earn 15,000 GBP a year

OR

over the 1, 100 mark per month, even if its only one single month you happen to fall into that ammount of money

So I said to him

"does that mean you wont give me my fifteen pounds back, not even at the end of the tax year, because I was thinking this had to be a mistake"

and he said

"Unfortunately this is not an error, it was quite deliberate"

:cry:

Please Guys can you tutor me on how to gain my own independance so I dont need to pay taxes anymore, because this is ****ing tyranny :angry:

Neezar
03-01-2010, 01:55 PM

The Government has told me that inorder to pay back Student Loan fees, I have to earn 15,000 GBP a year. Before Tax.

so when I got my one of Bonus Payment which is the first time I've qualified for a yearly bonus period, in four whole years. I discovered the amount was 316 GBP. Before Tax.

Fantastic I thought, Tax will be as normal. But because its a bonus they decide to charge us extra. So off goes 34 GBP to a state pension I might never get, and off goes 63 GBP on Income Tax. Fair enough I thought.

Then I discover that I've actually been Taxed 111 GBP, so I'm wondering where its gone, that extra 14 GBP, and to my horror, it says Student Loan.

So I'm wondering how the Government can make the mistake of thinking that 11, 000 GBP plus 316 GBP equates to Plus 15, 000 GBP...when obviously its not even close.

So I phone the tax office, and they keep me on hold for twenty mins, and finally put me through to what sounds like a call centre in India. I explain my problem, and the guy tells me...oh no i've missunderstood. Student Loans are payable for those who earn 15,000 GBP a year

OR

over the 1, 100 mark per month, even if its only one single month you happen to fall into that ammount of money

So I said to him

"does that mean you wont give me my fifteen pounds back, not even at the end of the tax year, because I was thinking this had to be a mistake"

and he said

Please Guys can you tutor me on how to gain my own independance so I dont need to pay taxes anymore, because this is ****ing tyranny :angry:

This is what we have been trying to tell you, Dave.

Fear your government. Get a gun.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

surveyorshawn
03-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Just start dumping tea in the harbor. It worked for us.....:)

County Mike
03-01-2010, 02:17 PM
There should be a STUPID TAX. If people were taxed for doing stupid things, maybe things would improve.

Tyburn
03-01-2010, 02:18 PM
This is what we have been trying to tell you, Dave.

Fear your government. Get a gun.

That wouldnt do me no good...the call centre was in India...there is no tax office to burst into, in demanding my fifteen pounds back at gunpoint...not that you were suggesting that, or I was even thinking that...:ninja:

That could be a wicked BNP ellection slogan though couldnt it

"Fear The Government, Get A Gun"

Tyburn
03-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Just start dumping tea in the harbor. It worked for us.....:)

:mellow: oh no...I couldnt do that....I love Tea to much :laugh:

Dignity Doctor

Twinsmama
03-01-2010, 02:56 PM
come on over to the usa we don't have stupid taxes and i'm sure that our social security fund will be there when i need it:laugh::ninja::Whistle:

Play The Man
03-01-2010, 09:53 PM
You should have gone to the Brighton Tea Party http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danielhannan/100027693/what-could-be-more-british-than-a-tea-party/

What could be more British than a tea party?

By Daniel Hannan

Some British Lefties – and some Americans – are thrown by the idea of a Brighton Tea Party. After all, they point out, the original Boston Tea Party was directed against the British Crown.

Yes, it was. But where do you think its leaders drew their inspiration from? The American patriots didn’t see themselves as revolutionaries, but as conservatives. In their own minds, all they were asking for was what they had always assumed to be their birthright as freeborn Englishmen.

Part of that birthright was liberty from unjust, arbitrary or punitive taxation. The proposition that taxes ought not to be levied except by elected representatives would have been every bit as popular in Great Britain in 1773 as in America. It’s important to remember that there was a more restricted franchise in the mother country at that time than in the colonies. None the less, there are ways to infer public opinion from such data as newspaper circulation, petitions to Parliament (either for Conciliation or Coercion), and extrapolation from the views of that handful of MPs who, prior to 1832, represented a broader section of the electorate. From these sources, historians estimate that public opinion in Great Britain was similar to that in America: on both sides of the Atlantic, only around a third of the population were Tories.

The American Revolution, in other words, was inspired by British political philosophy and – more to the point – by British political practice. American patriots saw themselves as part of a continuing British tradition, stretching back through the Glorious Revolution, back through the agitations of Pym and Hampden, back even through the Great Charter to the folkright of Anglo-Saxon common law.

Naturally enough, once the fighting started, the rebel leaders began to use nationalist arguments, and subsequent historians in the US have tended to play these up. But the idea, in 1773, that Britain was a foreign country would have struck most Americans, patriot or loyalist, as ridiculous. A large majority of the British population sympathised with the arguments of the colonists. So, indeed, did the greatest British parliamentarians of the age.

“I rejoice that America has resisted,” proclaimed William Pitt the Elder setting out the case against the Stamp Act in 1766. “Three million people so dead to all feelings of liberty as voluntarily to submit to be slaves would have been fit instruments to make slaves of the rest [of us]”

“Let us get an American revenue as we have got an American Empire,” said Edmund Burke in 1775, taking up the cause of no taxation without representation. “English privileges have made it all that it is; English privileges alone will make it all it can be.”

Those British Lefties who now sneer at what they regard as the Americanisation of the British Right would do well to remember their own history. They are the political heirs of Charles James Fox, of John Wilkes, or Tom Paine. I have no doubt that if the heroes of that age – Burke or Fox or Pitt or Johnson or Swift – could be transported to our own time, they would recoil with horror at the level of taxation and state intervention.

To remind you, Labour has introduced 111 tax rises since 1997. It has taken a trillion pounds in additional taxation. And it has still left us with a deficit of 12.6 per cent of GDP.

Enough is enough. I’m not asking you to throw any chests into the Channel, but at least come to Brighton, drink some tea, and let our leaders know how you feel about their squandering of our property and our heritage. Here are the details.

Tyburn
03-01-2010, 10:05 PM
You should have gone to the Brighton Tea Party http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danielhannan/100027693/what-could-be-more-british-than-a-tea-party/

:laugh: thats Great! except the Venue will get no coverage, hence how I hadnt heard of it...I'm a Daily Mail man...the Telegraph if I cant get a Mail :unsure-1:

The problem with Brighton is...its the San Fran of England in terms of exactly the same thing...they militantly march so often, noone takes any notice...

..Tea what? again did you say :laugh:

Now if we had a tea party in Parliament Square say...or hyde park...or infact any other place (except maybe Blackpool...Think Las Vegas :laugh: )

Play The Man
03-01-2010, 10:11 PM
:laugh: thats Great! except the Venue will get no coverage, hence how I hadnt heard of it...I'm a Daily Mail man...the Telegraph if I cant get a Mail :unsure-1:

The problem with Brighton is...its the San Fran of England in terms of exactly the same thing...they militantly march so often, noone takes any notice...

..Tea what? again did you say :laugh:

Now if we had a tea party in Parliament Square say...or hyde park...or infact any other place (except maybe Blackpool...Think Las Vegas :laugh: )

Reportedly, it was a success.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danielhannan/100027834/brighton-tea-party-packed-out/

Brighton Tea Party packed out

By Daniel Hannan

Thanks to everyone who came to the Brighton Tea Party, and apologies to those who couldn’t get it. We opened and filled an adjoining room, but it was still quite a squash. The hotel manager told me afterwards that there had been more than 300 people present, not counting those who had had to be turned away. Not bad for a meeting organised with two days’ notice.

If you can run a tea-party in Brighton Pavilion – the constituency which the Greens are most hopeful of winning – you can run one anywhere. You don’t have to be a small-government Conservative to feel that taxation, spending and borrowing are currently too high.

Let me say it one more time. Gordon Brown has doubled the national debt. Every second, it rises by another 5,000 pounds. Our deficit is 12.6 per cent of GDP compared to Greece’s 12.7. All this despite the additional trillion pounds taken in taxation since 1997.

We can’t afford another month of this, let alone another five years.

Thanks to the Freedom Association for helping to put everything together, and warm thanks to James and Laragh from my office for coming to Brighton to help.

Tyburn
03-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Reportedly, it was a success.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danielhannan/100027834/brighton-tea-party-packed-out/

...and the British Government Trembled as the House of Commons shook

:laugh:

Nice idea...but a rush job...two days notice?? Brighton?? didnt make any difference...you need to think bigger...and you need to get national coverage, preferably ALL the major newspapers...The Sun, The Mail, The Mirror, The Guardian, The Times, The Express, The Telegraph. You effectively, want tea parties running in different areas of the country at the same time....your venues should be massive...Harrogate International Conference Centre, Cliffords Tower of York, The West Yorkshire Playhouse of Leeds, Centenary Square Bradford, The Market Place in Ripon, Lincoln Castle, Hyde Park London, The Greenwhich Peninsualar and O2 Arena, Manchester Evening News Arena, The National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham, The Sheffield Indoor Arena...get the Cathedrals and Churches involved, they have Seats in the House of Lords, get the Universities involved.

...and get yourself Sponcered by Tetley or Typhoo for goodness sake.

THAT will get Gordons attention...not 300 people squashed into some obscure hotel in the gay capital of Britian.

...not to be mean..I'm just saying :laugh:

If I could ever by bothered, I'd be bloody dangerous :ninja:

KENTUCKYREDBONE
03-03-2010, 10:05 AM

OR

So I said to him

and he said

So what percentage of it went to taxes? Just from this I would guess it to be pretty high.