PDA

View Full Version : Drug Testing / food stamps + cash benefits

atomdanger
02-25-2010, 01:23 AM
I've always wondered why we don't drug test people who get food stamps and stuff?
Anybody else have an opinion on this?

I know right now any random Joe who makes under "X" amount can get 200 dollars in food stamps.
The problem is every crackhead on earth signs up, then sells them for 100 cash, and buys drugs.

Drug testing isn't cheap, but these aren't high level athletes,
even the cheap urine tests would work. Seems to make sense to me,
if they fail, fine them for the cost of the test.

MattHughesRocks
02-25-2010, 01:26 AM
Hell yeah...but it'll never happen.You can practically get your food stamps while your in line at the methadone clinic getting your free drugs. :mellow:

Chris F
02-25-2010, 01:32 AM
Better yet all these jobs no one allegdedly wants that the illegals are needed for should be mandatory to recive any benifit, or they can opt to do a Min. Wage job at least do something other then sitting on ones backside and enjoying the fruits of another's labor. And also churches need to do more so taxes are not raised to do what they should have been doing all along. If they stopped building mini Mecas's they could feed a lot of people.

CAMPO
02-25-2010, 02:11 AM
this has always annoyed the crap outta me! I totally understand that some people really do need assistance, that's fine - but if it is honest.

But nope, almos every retard, druggie, drunk & lazy butt that takes the time to apply for govt help can get it....rather than going to find a job & make an honest living.

I can remember my mother buying groceries for herself, me & my 2 bros food with food stamps, but she had enough cash to buy her beer & ciggs....UGH...never EVER made any freaking sense.
:angry:

will it ever change? I sure hope so! Not very likely, but hope is a good thing, no matter what :)

MattHughesRocks
02-25-2010, 02:27 AM
It just goes with the outfit Campo :laugh:

this has always annoyed the crap outta me! I totally understand that some people really do need assistance, that's fine - but if it is honest.

But nope, almos every retard, druggie, drunk & lazy butt that takes the time to apply for govt help can get it....rather than going to find a job & make an honest living.

I can remember my mother buying groceries for herself, me & my 2 bros food with food stamps, but she had enough cash to buy her beer & ciggs....UGH...never EVER made any freaking sense.
:angry:

will it ever change? I sure hope so! Not very likely, but hope is a good thing, no matter what :)

Chris F
02-25-2010, 02:37 AM
Most school now have on site social workers and they force parents to apply. another reason why we took our kids out of the Govt's indoctrinations centers (public schools)

CAMPO
02-25-2010, 02:38 AM
It just goes with the outfit Campo :laugh:

I was so embarassed when she did that, I felt like I was cheating the system & I was only 10!!! At least I learned & knew better!!! :huh: :)

Spiritwalker
02-25-2010, 02:53 AM
I was so embarassed when she did that, I felt like I was cheating the system & I was only 10!!! At least I learned & knew better!!! :huh: :)

I know exactly what you mean.. my family would sell them for 50% off...

was totally ashamed...

When they switched to the "credit card" looking card.. it became a bit harder.. but I am sure it still goes on.

Chris F
02-25-2010, 02:57 AM
I know exactly what you mean.. my family would sell them for 50% off...

was totally ashamed...

When they switched to the "credit card" looking card.. it became a bit harder.. but I am sure it still goes on.

It does. My wife sees it all the time at Wal Mart people actually exchange cash right in her line.

J.B.
02-25-2010, 03:59 AM
Drug testing people on government aid is a good idea in theory, but it's just not realistically worth it.

First of all, where do you draw the line? Can a person not have booze in their system if they are on food stamps? A majority of the people who are actually addicts abusing the system are alcoholics, not users of hard street drugs like crack, heroin, or meth.

Second, the majority of people on food stamps are NOT drug abusers. It may seem that way in some neighborhoods, but overall they are a small number of people in the system and we would end up spending more money on testing everyone then we would save money by weeding out a handful of people who abuse the system.

eric84
02-25-2010, 04:19 PM
As mentioned, some people get food stamps but some how have money for cigarettes and booze. And I don't think this is a small minority, from my experience its a majority. Why are we paying for people to drink and smoke? That is definitely not a necessity and no one should be given assistance for those things, which is exactly what this is doing.

rearnakedchoke
02-25-2010, 04:47 PM
this whole food stamp thing is weird to me ... i don't even know if we have them up here in canada ... any canadians know if we have an equivalent to food stamps?

Miss Foxy
02-25-2010, 05:26 PM
Drug testing people on government aid is a good idea in theory, but it's just not realistically worth it.

First of all, where do you draw the line? Can a person not have booze in their system if they are on food stamps? A majority of the people who are actually addicts abusing the system are alcoholics, not users of hard street drugs like crack, heroin, or meth.

Second, the majority of people on food stamps are NOT drug abusers. It may seem that way in some neighborhoods, but overall they are a small number of people in the system and we would end up spending more money on testing everyone then we would save money by weeding out a handful of people who abuse the system.

I agree I think the government should implement mandatory Depo shots to the women who have been on the system and keep having children and also the girls that get abortions and Medical (California's equivalent to Medicaid) pays for the procedure!

Buzzard
02-25-2010, 08:43 PM
As mentioned, some people get food stamps but some how have money for cigarettes and booze. And I don't think this is a small minority, from my experience its a majority. Why are we paying for people to drink and smoke? That is definitely not a necessity and no one should be given assistance for those things, which is exactly what this is doing.

If I recall correctly, you can't use that money for cigarettes or booze, so we aren't paying for them to drink or smoke.

I agree I think the government should implement mandatory Depo shots to the women who have been on the system and keep having children and also the girls that get abortions and Medical (California's equivalent to Medicaid) pays for the procedure!

I thought folks wanted a smaller government with less power. Why stop there, why not forcibly sterilize anyone the government deems unfit? Hello Big Brother.

County Mike
02-25-2010, 08:51 PM
why not forcibly sterilize anyone the government deems unfit? Hello Big Brother.

That's a good idea. Make them come into an office to get their welfare checks, food stamps, etc. Before they can get their check, they have to take a shot that sterilizes them for about a month. Not permanent, just a month. If they want the following month's check, same deal. Repeat until they get a job and no longer need assistance.

J.B.
02-25-2010, 09:02 PM

How can you say it's the majority? What proof do you have of that?

I helped run a charity for years back in Illinois that dealt directly with the poorest people in our community, and 95% of the people we helped were on some form of government aid. Sure, there are plenty of addicts who abuse the system, and they are pretty easy to spot, but they are hardly the majority. The majority of people in the system are older people who are disabled or can't get a job, single moms with way too many kids, and families where the husband lost his job. Not to mention, most people in the system don't get enough assistance to cover the monthly cost of groceries, so they are forced to use their own personal income or go to other resources, such as charities like the one my grandparents started.

As for people having extra money for smokes and booze, it may not be a necessity, and if I had family that was on food stamps I would certainly be putting my extra money into other avenues, but I am not going to verbally stone the people who do that as long as they are still providing for their families first. It's dehumanizing enough for most of these people to even be on food stamps, they don't need people like me who have been blessed enough to not need government assistance criticizing them when we don't know each person's individual situation.

logrus
02-25-2010, 10:13 PM
I thought folks wanted a smaller government with less power. Why stop there, why not forcibly sterilize anyone the government deems unfit? Hello Big Brother.

Naaa, they are probably looking for another thing to cry about. What better then being taxed to support the 1.5 billion it would cost to test them every year.

NateR
02-25-2010, 11:03 PM
Better solution. Do away with food stamps and only offer food. When I was a kid we lived on food stamps for a while and also got food from the government food program (I'm sure lots of other people remember the government cheese, peanut butter, etc. that used to be handed out).

If someone needs food, then they can go in at any time to collect a predetermined amount of food based on how many adults and children they have to feed for one week. They can only choose from the foods offered and get no money, certificates, credit cards, or stamps of any kind. They only get actual food (breads, milk, eggs, cheese, pastas, peanut butter, canned meats, cold cuts, butter.... or they could be prepackaged MRE style meals)

Of course, the food could theoretically be traded for alcohol or drugs, but it wouldn't be nearly as valuable. Because it doesn't need to be really high quality food. Just enough to keep people sustained while they seek employment or other methods of income. In other words, the food should not be so good that people would be willing to live off of it for more than a few weeks.

Also, this should be solely the jurisdiction of State governments. The Federal government should have no part in providing food for its citizens.

J.B.
02-25-2010, 11:15 PM
Better solution. Do away with food stamps and only offer food. When I was a kid we lived on food stamps for a while and also got food from the government food program (I'm sure lots of other people remember the government cheese, peanut butter, etc. that used to be handed out).

If someone needs food, then they can go in at any time to collect a predetermined amount of food based on how many adults and children they have to feed for one week. They can only choose from the foods offered and get no money, certificates, credit cards, or stamps of any kind. They only get actual food (breads, milk, eggs, cheese, pastas, peanut butter, canned meats, cold cuts, butter.... or they could be prepackaged MRE style meals)

Of course, the food could theoretically be traded for alcohol or drugs, but it wouldn't be nearly as valuable. Because it doesn't need to be really high quality food. Just enough to keep people sustained while they seek employment or other methods of income. In other words, the food should not be so good that people would be willing to live off of it for more than a few weeks.

That is a great idea Nate.

I was thinking about another option that could help cut back on some of the people applying for help when they don't REALLY need it also...

Most charities, like the one I was involved in, get money from the government to help people. Before these people come into the DES office to apply for aid, they should have to provide proof that they have reached out to at least 3 local charities for assistance. We are already giving tons of money to these charities for that reason, so the people should be exercising those options first before getting on welfare/food stamps.

atomdanger
02-25-2010, 11:47 PM

Also, this should be solely the jurisdiction of State governments. The Federal government should have no part in providing food for its citizens.

Good idea.
A lot less people would bother signing up for actual food.

atomdanger
02-25-2010, 11:48 PM
I think the part that bothers me the most is the help for cash and food stamps is based on "need".

So a single mom who is working and trying her best and maybe has 1 kid,
or a person who just needs a little help and is struggling gets no help,
or very little help.
While a lady with 5 kids from 5 guys gets the most help,
because she "needs" the most.

J.B.
02-25-2010, 11:52 PM
I think the part that bothers me the most is the help for cash and food stamps is based on "need".

So a single mom who is working and trying her best and maybe has 1 kid,
or a person who just needs a little help and is struggling gets no help,
or very little help.
While a lady with 5 kids from 5 guys gets the most help,
because she "needs" the most.

The system is not perfect, and the one thing I have seen over and over again when working with charity is that a LOT of the people getting help are not even getting enough money or food stamps to actually feed them and their families for the month.

In fact, that is MOST USED reason when people come to our charity asking for help. (we provide groceries, gift cards, and other forms of emergency help)

J.B.
02-26-2010, 12:02 AM

First of all, why are you addressing Foxy as if she represents for the entire forum?

Secondly, she makes an excellent point about people who do abuse the system and keep having children when they cannot provide for the ones they have. Also, the state should not being paying for abortions, that is a no-brainer. The "slippery slope" argument is ridiculous and blatant pot-stirring.

TexasRN
02-26-2010, 12:20 AM

Government cheese was the best tasting cheese I've ever had in my life. No lie. The powdered milk was gross but mom used it to cook with and would often make biscuits with it and it worked out just fine. I also remember when dad was in the Army he would bring home MREs and we'd eat those when we went camping. There's nothing wrong with giving those out instead of money or debit cards or food stamps. It may even create jobs since we'd need a bigger production line of them and would help make it harder for the people who cheat the system.

~Amy

rearnakedchoke
02-26-2010, 01:30 AM

I think that is what they do up here .. we are always donating to food banks and have never heard of food stamps ....

Buzzard
02-26-2010, 04:03 AM
First of all, why are you addressing Foxy as if she represents for the entire forum?

I didn't. If you read, I addressed the point made by Foxy about forced Depo injections and asked why stop there. Was it because I used the term "folks" when saying that I thought most "folks" wanted a smaller less intrusive government? Are you one of the "folks" who wants a bigger more intrusive government? How did you come to your conclusion, as I certainly stated no such thing. Am I now required to check in with you on how I post? If I was addressing the entire forum, I wouldn't have quoted Foxy.

Secondly, she makes an excellent point about people who do abuse the system and keep having children when they cannot provide for the ones they have. Also, the state should not being paying for abortions, that is a no-brainer. The "slippery slope" argument is ridiculous and blatant pot-stirring.

Nowhere in my post did I say that the state should be paying for abortions. I agree that there are "folks" who do abuse the system. A Big Brother system of forced injections is not the path that I want taken. I made no such comment stating that if the Depo injections were forced, that it would lead to forced sterilization of anyone the government deemed unfit. I merely stated why stop there. You can put your spoon down now.

Chris F
02-26-2010, 04:11 AM
I didn't. If you read, I addressed the point made by Foxy about forced Depo injections and asked why stop there. Was it because I used the term "folks" when saying that I thought most "folks" wanted a smaller less intrusive government? Are you one of the "folks" who wants a bigger more intrusive government? How did you come to your conclusion, as I certainly stated no such thing. Am I now required to check in with you on how I post? If I was addressing the entire forum, I wouldn't have quoted Foxy.

Nowhere in my post did I say that the state should be paying for abortions. I agree that there are "folks" who do abuse the system. A Big Brother system of forced injections is not the path that I want taken. I made no such comment stating that if the Depo injections were forced, that it would lead to forced sterilization of anyone the government deemed unfit. I merely stated why stop there. You can put your spoon down now.

Buzzard is right. Forced injections is not constitutional nor is it the right thing to do. Better to just have a flat rate for help and if you have more kids that is your burden not the taxpayer. There are many charities out there that will see that your kids are fed. If you want more then MRE's then get a job and buy it. Fact is most food stamp people buy convenience stuff like frozen pizzas and the highest quality meats and steaks. SO this is the reason why they run out. If they shopped my frugally they wouls have more then enough to eat. I lived on less the 20.00 a month for groceries for 2 years so I know it can be done. Sure you eat a lot of ramen but I did what i had to do based on my job at the time.

NateR
02-26-2010, 04:20 AM
Buzzard is right. Forced injections is not constitutional nor is it the right thing to do.

I agree with Buzzard and ChrisF, I would NEVER under any circumstances accept the idea of forced sterilization of ANYONE based on their economic status. Never.

J.B.
02-26-2010, 04:39 AM

You didn't have to Buzz. My point is that you lump everybody together around here.

BTW, did you post that list yet?

I don't agree with what Foxy said when it comes to forced injections. I was just pointing out that she makes a good point when it comes to people who keep having kids when they can't provide for the kids they already have.

You made a "slippery slope" argument that I feel is weak. If you want to give a more detailed one, I will gladly respond accordingly. :)

Bonnie
02-26-2010, 07:22 AM
They just had a story on our local news about a charity that was set up to distribute food to people who needed help. The charity was getting a lot of food from the Houston Food Bank. The only problem was people were being turned away by the folks running the charity because they said they didn't have any more food. Can you guess why they didn't have food for the people their charity was set up to help?

Yep, those fine folks who set up this particular charity would pick out the best stuff and distribute it amongst themselves. The news camera caught 'em on tape loading up their SUVs and cars, taking the stuff home and unloading it.

J.B.
02-26-2010, 07:28 AM
They just had a story on our local news about a charity that was set up to distribute food to people who needed help. The charity was getting a lot of food from the Houston Food Bank. The only problem was people were being turned away by the folks running the charity because they said they didn't have any more food. Can you guess why they didn't have food for the people their charity was set up to help?

Yep, those fine folks who set up this particular charity would pick out the best stuff and distribute it amongst themselves. The news camera caught 'em on tape loading up their SUVs and cars, taking the stuff home and unloading it.

Let's not think this is all charities though :)

Bonnie
02-26-2010, 07:52 AM
Let's not think this is all charities though :)

Absolutely. I wanted to say that, like you did about not all people who go for help are scamming the system, but I couldn't think so I just left it. I figured you would probably mention it. :)

Miss Foxy
02-26-2010, 02:42 PM
I would rather see forced injections to people that have abortions that us taxpayers pay for. That's just me and my thoughts!! The thought of people uninsured that really need the medical care, and can't makes me sad :sad:..What's even more sadder is that abortions are a covered benefit for recipients under the California Medi-Cal system..

rearnakedchoke
02-26-2010, 02:51 PM
I would rather see forced injections to people that have abortions that us taxpayers pay for. That's just me and my thoughts!! The thought of people uninsured that really need the medical care, and can't makes me sad :sad:..What's even more sadder is that abortions are a covered benefit for recipients under the California Medi-Cal system..

Then what are they going to do about fat people who come in for food stamps? tell them they are eating too much and only get a few food stamps? i get your point, but where does it end? they can test for drugs, but a lot of people drink and smoke, so then what?

i say get rid of the food stamps idea and give people real food ... that way you won't have people wasting their stamps on twinkies .. (i don't even know if that is possible)

Miss Foxy
02-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Then what are they going to do about fat people who come in for food stamps? tell them they are eating too much and only get a few food stamps? i get your point, but where does it end? they can test for drugs, but a lot of people drink and smoke, so then what?

i say get rid of the food stamps idea and give people real food ... that way you won't have people wasting their stamps on twinkies .. (i don't even know if that is possible)

I totally agree with your last paragraph. I just get really touchy with the Abortion topic and the fact that I am in the medical field and have to pay these out is very hard I feel like I am a culprit.:cry:

Miss Foxy
02-26-2010, 03:02 PM
If I recall correctly, you can't use that money for cigarettes or booze, so we aren't paying for them to drink or smoke.

Buzz when it comes to stuff like this I am radical with my thoughts and ideas. We know this would never happen. So for the meantime I will wish upon a star...haha. We will always have kinks in the system..

rearnakedchoke
02-26-2010, 03:15 PM
I totally agree with your last paragraph. I just get really touchy with the Abortion topic and the fact that I am in the medical field and have to pay these out is very hard I feel like I am a culprit.:cry:

that's rough .. and puts you in a tough situation ... just know it isn't your fault and you aren't the culprit ... you gotta do your job to feed your family and can't control the actions of others and rules the gov't stipulate ....

CAMPO
02-26-2010, 03:20 PM
It does. My wife sees it all the time at Wal Mart people actually exchange cash right in her line.

Pretty pathetic...very sad...wish there was something I could do to change the world!!! :punch:

Buzzard
02-26-2010, 03:49 PM
You didn't have to Buzz. My point is that you lump everybody together around here.

If I had wanted to lump everyone together when replying to Foxy's post, I would have started the post with a QR or a GR, meaning Quick Reply or General Reply. Since I quoted Foxy, my comment was in response and directed to her post and her post only. I am quite capable of quoting those I wish to respond to, and do so when addressing individual posts. Just like I am responding to your post and your post only in this response. It's not that hard to see who I respond to, and I feel you are just trying to stir the pot.

BTW, did you post that list yet?

I'll post the list tomorrow.

I don't agree with what Foxy said when it comes to forced injections. I was just pointing out that she makes a good point when it comes to people who keep having kids when they can't provide for the kids they already have.

You made a "slippery slope" argument that I feel is weak. If you want to give a more detailed one, I will gladly respond accordingly. :)

I didn't make a "slippery slope" argument. I would have if I would have stated that if they force Depo injections it will lead to forced sterilizations down the road to folks the government deems unfit. However that is not what I stated and you know it. Put the spoon down now and back away from it.:)

Rev
02-26-2010, 05:01 PM
never fails.:cry::bawling:

Miss Foxy
02-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Pretty pathetic...very sad...wish there was something I could do to change the world!!! :punch:

When you decide to save the world call me up I got your back chica!! Batman and Robin!! Except we are girls.:unsure-1: lol!!

Miss Foxy
02-26-2010, 05:33 PM
that's rough .. and puts you in a tough situation ... just know it isn't your fault and you aren't the culprit ... you gotta do your job to feed your family and can't control the actions of others and rules the gov't stipulate ....
zukriā:wink:

rearnakedchoke
02-26-2010, 06:27 PM
ahlan bekka (sp?)

Chris F
02-26-2010, 06:58 PM

No wonder the state is bankrupt. Sure gld I left that evil place. I am all for states rights but I bet they use federal $$$ as well and funnel it in there. SO that would be illegal.

Chris F
02-26-2010, 06:59 PM

It is and they do buy losts of soda chip snacks and such. They should make it more like WIC and force them to buy good food and the generic brands

rearnakedchoke
02-26-2010, 08:54 PM
It is and they do buy losts of soda chip snacks and such. They should make it more like WIC and force them to buy good food and the generic brands

yeah, that makes no sense ... you should have to buy actual food with those stamps ... but man, it would be nice to just live on ho-hos and yoo-hoo ... LOL

Tyburn
02-26-2010, 09:22 PM
what are food stamps :mellow:

J.B.
02-26-2010, 11:28 PM
If I had wanted to lump everyone together when replying to Foxy's post, I would have started the post with a QR or a GR, meaning Quick Reply or General Reply. Since I quoted Foxy, my comment was in response and directed to her post and her post only. I am quite capable of quoting those I wish to respond to, and do so when addressing individual posts. Just like I am responding to your post and your post only in this response. It's not that hard to see who I respond to, and I feel you are just trying to stir the pot.

:rolleyes:

Quit acting like you don't lump everybody together around here. When you said "folks" that typically would imply that you are talking about the people on this forum.

I'll post the list tomorrow.

Exactly.

You talk a big game, and when somebody calls you out on your crap you either don't respond or you dance around it.

I didn't make a "slippery slope" argument. I would have if I would have stated that if they force Depo injections it will lead to forced sterilizations down the road to folks the government deems unfit. However that is not what I stated and you know it. Put the spoon down now and back away from it.:)

Oh please, just stop the nonsense. You clearly were implying that if we do "X" we might as well do "Y", it's the same thing, but you just wanna try and nitpick at phrasing rather than address the actual point about people who keep having kids they do not take care of.

Play The Man
02-27-2010, 05:53 AM
what are food stamps :mellow:

A government welfare benefit to help people buy food from grocery stores with government assistance. I think at one time actually "stamps" were issued but I think nowadays they give the recipient a card similar to a credit card.

Buzzard
02-27-2010, 07:09 AM
:rolleyes:

Quit acting like you don't lump everybody together around here. When you said "folks" that typically would imply that you are talking about the people on this forum.

Bzzzzt wrong. When I say "folks" I mean the general population, not just the "folks" here on this forum. If I wish to limit my response to only those people in this forum, I will state that.

Do you not agree that most or many "folks", both here and in our general population, appear to want a smaller less intrusive government, especially when it comes to forced medical procedures? With the seemingly high amount of Conservative Republicans in here, I would believe it to especially hold true in this forum. Isn't that what Republicans want?

Exactly.

You talk a big game, and when somebody calls you out on your crap you either don't respond or you dance around it.

The only thing I can recall not addressing is a post of Mark's asking me to check out a possible Noah's Ark remains. I believe that I have made a good effort to address comments and questions posed to me. Can you refresh my memory on what I haven't responded to and what I have danced around? WADR, it's fine that you wish to defend the comment by Foxy, but I think she is mature enough to stand on her own two feet and express her opinion without you sticking your nose in it. In fact, she did respond to it and stood up for her beliefs.

As for the list comment, check out this earlier post made by me. You and others fell for it hook, line, and sinker on numerous occasions.

Have a great night/morning/day all. BTW, I would never actually make a list of those I consider suck-ups, that too was to keep the mood light. Sorry to disappoint you all, though I could keep the joke going by saying I'll post the list tomorrow each and every following day.

I could have sworn that I posted something earlier in regard to the list being a joke by saying "how do you keep forumites in suspense", I'll tell you tomorrow. I spent over 15 minutes searching for it but only came up with the above quote showing me stating that it was a joke. Also, I wouldn't have posted any such list because Mark asked me not to, but instead to PM him if I did make one. Perhaps my forumite reference was in a PM. I'm not going to intentionally defy a request from the forum administers and post it.

If you really want to know who is on the list, I'll post it tomorrow.:wink:

Oh please, just stop the nonsense. You clearly were implying that if we do "X" we might as well do "Y", it's the same thing, but you just wanna try and nitpick at phrasing rather than address the actual point about people who keep having kids they do not take care of.

I don't believe that what I stated is a slippery-slope argument. To compromise, I say that even if it is, my point about forced injections still stands. I know what I said and the context in which I said it. I did address the point when I replied I didn't want mandatory injections. I went no further on stating how I would fix the problem because I hadn't taken the time to think out a workable solution. Instead of focusing your energy on nitpicking, why don't you put forth a solution and post your ideas on how to fix it? You seem to be focusing on non-existent words when you are trying to read between the lines.

Again, put down your spoon.:) You seem intent trying to rile me up with your petty nonsense instead of stating your opinion on forced injections. It's not going to work. If you made a statement regarding forced injections, my apologies for missing it. I'll have to look again to see what it was.

J.B.
02-27-2010, 08:17 AM
Bzzzzt wrong. When I say "folks" I mean the general population, not just the "folks" here on this forum. If I wish to limit my response to only those people in this forum, I will state that.

Do you not agree that most or many "folks", both here and in our general population, appear to want a smaller less intrusive government, especially when it comes to forced medical procedures? With the seemingly high amount of Conservative Republicans in here, I would believe it to especially hold true in this forum. Isn't that what Republicans want?

You are arguing semantics. Yes, most people and most republicans want a much smaller government. Nobody is arguing that.

My point in this is simply that you generally lump most of the people on this forum together. You have been doing it the entire time you have been here. It radiates from your posts and is clear as day. You see this forum as a large group of Christian conservatives, which for the most part it is, but you are neither of those things and you constantly seem to be antagonistic.

The only thing I can recall not addressing is a post of Mark's asking me to check out a possible Noah's Ark remains. I believe that I have made a good effort to address comments and questions posed to me. Can you refresh my memory on what I haven't responded to and what I have danced around? WADR, it's fine that you wish to defend the comment by Foxy, but I think she is mature enough to stand on her own two feet and express her opinion without you sticking your nose in it. In fact, she did respond to it and stood up for her beliefs.

Spare me... this is a message board, and people are free to respond to anything that is written. I never said I had to defend Foxy, I was simply pointing out more of your crap.

As for the list comment, check out this earlier post made by me. You and others fell for it hook, line, and sinker on numerous occasions.

I never expected you to post a list because you were just stirring the pot as usual.

I could have sworn that I posted something earlier in regard to the list being a joke by saying "how do you keep forumites in suspense", I'll tell you tomorrow. I spent over 15 minutes searching for it but only came up with the above quote showing me stating that it was a joke. Also, I wouldn't have posted any such list because Mark asked me not to, but instead to PM him if I did make one. Perhaps my forumite reference was in a PM. I'm not going to intentionally defy a request from the forum administers and post it.

If you really want to know who is on the list, I'll post it tomorrow.:wink:

I guess you missed the point.

Regardless of if you post "the list" or not, you still implied that a lot of forum members just suck up to Nate. I personally, and I'm sure many others, could care less, but you still said it and it was a lame comment, so it's fair game to keep calling you on it.

I don't believe that what I stated is a slippery-slope argument. To compromise, I say that even if it is, my point about forced injections still stands. I know what I said and the context in which I said it. I did address the point when I replied I didn't want mandatory injections. I went no further on stating how I would fix the problem because I hadn't taken the time to think out a workable solution. Instead of focusing your energy on nitpicking, why don't you put forth a solution and post your ideas on how to fix it? You seem to be focusing on non-existent words when you are trying to read between the lines.

Again, put down your spoon.:) You seem intent trying to rile me up with your petty nonsense instead of stating your opinion on forced injections. It's not going to work. If you made a statement regarding forced injections, my apologies for missing it. I'll have to look again to see what it was.

Again, you are arguing semantics. I stated that I don't agree with giving forced injections, and that is my personal opinion, so we agree on that much.

However, the issues that Foxy brought up do need to be addressed. I never said I had a perfect solution to the problem, but I certainly don't think that what she suggested in regards to depo shots for women who are on welfare and have multiple children would lead to mandatory sterilization of anybody the government deems unfit. When you try to bridge that gap by the power of suggestion through the form of question, you are inherently proposing a "slippery slope" argument. Regardless, I think there are other ways we can address the problem without resorting to anything like that.

I could care less about riling you up, there are plenty of things that you say that I either ignore or don't even read. Heck, on rare occasions I even agree with you. So it's not like I am intent on following you around to argue with you, but from time to time I catch something you say and feel compelled to call you out on it.

Neezar
02-28-2010, 03:55 AM

When you use this phrase it usually means that someone has responded to "bait" that was put forth. Would you mind explaining what you were fishing for with your bait?

Rev
02-28-2010, 04:23 AM
When you use this phrase it usually means that someone has responded to "bait" that was put forth. Would you mind explaining what you were fishing for with your bait?
I myself would also like to know what trolls fish for.

Buzzard
02-28-2010, 04:49 AM

I stated I could make a list of suckups jokingly, and Mark said not to post anything due to possible feeling getting hurt but to PM him them. It was never my intention to do that and if it were, I wouldn't have due to Mark's request. See, I try to play nice.

Buzzard
02-28-2010, 04:52 AM
I myself would also like to know what trolls fish for.

I'd like to know what trolls fish for too. JB, what are you fishing for?:laugh:I kid, I kid.

Have a great night all and a positive tomorrow.

J.B.
02-28-2010, 05:07 AM
I'd like to know what trolls fish for too. JB, what are you fishing for?:laugh:I kid, I kid.

Have a great night all and a positive tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm the troll who has been posting here for almost 5 years.

Get a grip.

I stated I could make a list of suckups jokingly

http://ethicsoup.typepad.com/.a/6a00e554e81be388340120a58210a4970c-320wi

You are just saying that now because everybody called you out and asked you to post the list.

FAILSAUCE!

Tyburn
02-28-2010, 11:58 AM
A government welfare benefit to help people buy food from grocery stores with government assistance. I think at one time actually "stamps" were issued but I think nowadays they give the recipient a card similar to a credit card.

:blink: how bizzare. Our Government used to issue Food stamps (yes actual stamps) that you could stick in your RATION BOOK after the war...So far as I know that died when food stopped being rationed after the War :blink:

Buzzard
02-28-2010, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I'm the troll who has been posting here for almost 5 years.

Glad to see that you now acknowledge your place.

Get a grip.

Practice what you preach. Wow, you can post funny pictures. Glad to see that your special education classes paid off.

You are just saying that now because everybody called you out and asked you to post the list.

FAILSAUCE!

Seeing that you are still trolling and lacking reading comprehension, lay off the booze. Since you can't comprehend what was posted in earlier posts, I see no need to re-post anything for your benefit. Failsauce? Maybe you should lay off the trollsauce. BTW, I'll post the list tomorrow.:laugh:

Tyburn
02-28-2010, 03:49 PM

Practice what you preach. Wow, you can post funny pictures. Glad to see that your special education classes paid off.

Seeing that you are still trolling and lacking reading comprehension, lay off the booze. Since you can't comprehend what was posted in earlier posts, I see no need to re-post anything for your benefit. Failsauce? Maybe you should lay off the trollsauce. BTW, I'll post the list tomorrow.:laugh:

Buzzard...its always...tomorrow...tomorrow...tomorrow...thats a real problem with you isnt it...the avoidance of a major claim, or something intrinsically you.

"i'll publish a suck up list" you say...so when we all say "alright then Buzzard...please do" you basically fall silent..."tomorrow...I'll post tomorrow..."

p.s As for Trolls, J.B and I have been known to radically dissagree in political threads...but you know, there is a difference between J.B and some others, like Spiritwalker...and that is that J.B at least listens to what I'm saying and responds to that. He doesnt fail to give an answer when asked, her doesnt drop to attacking me personally...thats why You and Spiritwalker have been named in my video blogs as "Forum Naughties" whereas someone like J.B has not.

But incase you are wondering, there are also reformed Trolls on this forum that are regular posters, people who in the past have been suspended and the likes, and when they've come back and behaved they have been accepted.

so...there is hope for all of you Troll, or not :laugh:

J.B.
02-28-2010, 04:07 PM

Hmm, lets's see. You come on here and constantly antagonize people and then you get butthurt when I throw it back in your face? If you don't like that I call you out for being a douchebag, then you can easily put me on ignore.

I responded to you with a clear and rational response that you ignored and you came back talking more weak sh*t and called me a troll, what did you expect me to come back and say? "I kid I kid"? Like that lame puppet dog that is famous for arguing with Eminem? :huh:

What is else is there to comprehend? You said you could make a list of suckups. It was a douchebag thing to say, and clearly you realize that now because you are acting as if it was a joke the whole time. Nobody ever really cared about the actual list, it was just to call you out for being an idiot.

J.B.
02-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Buzzard...its always...tomorrow...tomorrow...tomorrow...thats a real problem with you isnt it...the avoidance of a major claim, or something intrinsically you.

"i'll publish a suck up list" you say...so when we all say "alright then Buzzard...please do" you basically fall silent..."tomorrow...I'll post tomorrow..."

p.s As for Trolls, J.B and I have been known to radically dissagree in political threads...but you know, there is a difference between J.B and some others, like Spiritwalker...and that is that J.B at least listens to what I'm saying and responds to that. He doesnt fail to give an answer when asked, her doesnt drop to attacking me personally...thats why You and Spiritwalker have been named in my video blogs as "Forum Naughties" whereas someone like J.B has not.

But incase you are wondering, there are also reformed Trolls on this forum that are regular posters, people who in the past have been suspended and the likes, and when they've come back and behaved they have been accepted.

I don't ever have to get personal with you, because you don't do that stuff and you and I are totally cool with each other.

Buzzard and I on the other hand, that is a different story.

Buzzard
02-28-2010, 05:36 PM

Okay, since you wish to act stupid, I'll treat you that way. When I said I would post a list, it was a joke. Then Mark said not to post a list but to PM it to him so as to not get feelings hurt. I would not defy Mark's request even if it wasn't a joke to appease you. It still being a joke, I stated it to be one shortly after original post, and then made more jokes in the realm of "Q: How do you keep a moron in suspense? A: I'll tell you tomorrow." You must be a moron to keep asking for it when it was obviously a joke to anyone with some common sense. If you weren't so dense, you would understand, but I guess it's my fault for giving you the benefit of the doubt. Sorry to be so blunt, but since you can't grasp subtlety, I had to go down this path. Do you get it now or do I have to type more slowly so you can understand it?

Tyburn, your video blogs aren't worth my time. The few that I did view I consider wastes of my time, and from the amount of views that they had, I would guess that most folks thought them a waste of theirs too. Whoop-de-do, I got named as a forum naughty in a rarely viewed video. Oh noes, what am I going to do?

JB has attacked me personally, and seems to respond to posts I make solely to push buttons.

I rarely wonder about any drivel that you post. I do wonder why I waste some of my time reading them though.

Hmm, lets's see. You come on here and constantly antagonize people and then you get butthurt when I throw it back in your face? If you don't like that I call you out for being a douchebag, then you can easily put me on ignore.

I don't come on here to antagonize people, I come here to offer my point of view. For the most part they differ from those on here. The only butt hurting here is yours from sitting on the big stick and twisting. Oh, wow, you called me another name, you're so cool. I will give you one prop though. You at least have a grasp on the language unlike Tyburn who throws his educational credentials around yet couldn't pass a remedial spelling test. I don't think you are ignorant, just an ass.

I responded to you with a clear and rational response that you ignored and you came back talking more weak sh*t and called me a troll, what did you expect me to come back and say? "I kid I kid"? Like that lame puppet dog that is famous for arguing with Eminem? :huh:

No you didn't. You made wrong assumptions on my intent, and when I told you, you resorted to your tried and true petty crap. As Crisco would say, get your panties out of a knot. The comment that wrapped your panties up was a joke, but your head I guess was too far up your butt along with the stick for you to see it. No joke there.

What is else is there to comprehend? You said you could make a list of suckups. It was a douchebag thing to say, and clearly you realize that now because you are acting as if it was a joke the whole time. Nobody ever really cared about the actual list, it was just to call you out for being an idiot.

Aw, the little troll got caught in a joke and now his feelings are hurt. Pity party for JB. You were punk'd like the punk you are. Get over it. I've never changed my stance on it being a joke. It was from the get go, but you are too dense to realize it and are the actual idiot for constantly bringing it up. Nice try at diverting, didn't work though.

BTW, I'll post the list tomorrow.

I don't ever have to get personal with you, because you don't do that stuff and you and I are totally cool with each other.

Which one of you is the oil and which of you the vinegar?:wink:

J.B.
02-28-2010, 06:06 PM
JB has attacked me personally, and seems to respond to posts I make solely to push buttons.

I don't come on here to antagonize people, I come here to offer my point of view. For the most part they differ from those on here. The only butt hurting here is yours from sitting on the big stick and twisting. Oh, wow, you called me another name, you're so cool. I will give you one prop though. You at least have a grasp on the language unlike Tyburn who throws his educational credentials around yet couldn't pass a remedial spelling test. I don't think you are ignorant, just an ass.

Until then, I didn't call you anything. I just pointed out your bullsh**t. I only push your buttons when you push mine or act like a typical jackass.

You are the one who took it to the next level, and that's fine with me. I could care less what some douchebag like you thinks or says about me. I don't care about your list, your lame joke, or weak excuses. You are an antagonist and you have been for as long as I can remember.

Don't sit there and act like you don't dish it out.

No you didn't. You made wrong assumptions on my intent, and when I told you, you resorted to your tried and true petty crap. As Crisco would say, get your panties out of a knot. The comment that wrapped your panties up was a joke, but your head I guess was too far up your butt along with the stick for you to see it. No joke there.

Hey Buzzard, I think you're a lame ass bitch and easily the most annoying member of this forum.

Oh, wait...I was just joking.:rolleyes:

Aw, the little troll got caught in a joke and now his feelings are hurt. Pity party for JB. You were punk'd like the punk you are. Get over it. I've never changed my stance on it being a joke. It was from the get go, but you are too dense to realize it and are the actual idiot for constantly bringing it up. Nice try at diverting, didn't work though.

BTW, I'll post the list tomorrow.

Not that I care, but I highly doubt that anybody sees me as the troll in this scenario. I also don't know how you can possibly think you punked anybody when all you did was make an ignorant comment that made people think you are a jackass. That's right, call it a joke, we all know you LOVE everybody around here, and that you never start pointless arguments about Christianity or Politics just to stir the pot, and that you never make generalized comments about the majority of the forum. :rolleyes:

Which one of you is the oil and which of you the vinegar?:wink:

See, and you call me a troll? :laugh:

I wouldn't even bother punching you in the mouth, you already got one set of bleeding lips. True story.

Anyway, you can Buzz all you want from here on out. I'm not gonna derail this thread any further.

My apologies to everybody with the exception of Buzzard.

Tyburn
02-28-2010, 06:33 PM
1) Okay, since you wish to act stupid, I'll treat you that way. When I said I would post a list, it was a joke.

2) Then Mark said not to post a list but to PM it to him so as to not get feelings hurt.

3) You must be a moron to keep asking for it when it was obviously a joke to anyone with some common sense. If you weren't so dense, you would understand, but I guess it's my fault for giving you the benefit of the doubt.

4) Sorry to be so blunt, but since you can't grasp subtlety, I had to go down this path. Do you get it now or do I have to type more slowly so you can understand it?

5) Tyburn, your video blogs aren't worth my time. The few that I did view I consider wastes of my time, and from the amount of views that they had, I would guess that most folks thought them a waste of theirs too. Whoop-de-do, I got named as a forum naughty in a rarely viewed video. Oh noes, what am I going to do?

6) I don't come on here to antagonize people, I come here to offer my point of view. :

1) you mean you didnt expect us to call you out on your foolishness, I know
2) Yes, I know that also :ninja:
3) we dont call people names here Buzzard.
4) im making a point Buzzard, this is how you act all the time, you say something, you get called out on it, you fail to produce the goods, mainly because you never expected to be called out in the first place...I half expect you to tell the next person who asks "I've already told you the answers to that one" like you always say that when you dont want to actually answer a very simple question. Attacking me, will not disuade me Buzzard. I have stamina that you can only dream of :laugh:
5) and to think last time we spoke about your apperance in my Centenary blog you said ...and I quote "im honoured" The best thing about my video blogs, is that I dont do it for your benefit. I do it because I enjoy it, and I have quite a number of subscribers actually, and many people have viewed my videos (possibly not the blogs, but some of the others) You shouldnt put peoples achievements down Buzzard...when you have matched me on youtube, then you might have a point I suppose...but your hardly osbourneandmccarty are you :laugh:
6) your a liar. You come on here to only offer your point of view if it will offend people. Thats why your limited to a few sections that hold controversial threads. Thats why your always in the politics section, sometimes in the Christianity section...and basically nowhere else. I gotcha all figured out Buzzard, and may I add...it wasnt hard :laugh:

mscomc
03-01-2010, 06:14 AM
geeze, where was I when all this started :laugh:

Buzzard
03-01-2010, 08:16 AM
1) you mean you didnt expect us to call you out on your foolishness, I know

1. No, I didn't expect you understand what was written. I was correct.

2) Yes, I know that also :ninja:

2. If you knew that, then why did you ask me to knowing it would be going against an admins request? I respect Mark's position and wasn't going to go against his wishes.

3) we dont call people names here Buzzard.

3. Hey Tyburn, if you are going to puff out your chest and tell people what to do, do it across the board and don't single out just the folks who don't kiss up to you. You hold no position of respect here, and right now I have very little for you.

4) im making a point Buzzard, this is how you act all the time, you say something, you get called out on it, you fail to produce the goods, mainly because you never expected to be called out in the first place...I half expect you to tell the next person who asks "I've already told you the answers to that one" like you always say that when you dont want to actually answer a very simple question. Attacking me, will not disuade me Buzzard. I have stamina that you can only dream of :laugh:

4. You make no point. What goods have I failed to produce? Don't expect me to cater to your ignorance because you have trouble with reading comprehension and are unable to read through posts to find answers previously posted.

5) and to think last time we spoke about your apperance in my Centenary blog you said ...and I quote "im honoured"

5. I guess sarcasm doesn't convey well without the :rolleyes: emoticon. Do you honestly think I gave a darn about that? I was trying to be civil and polite.

5) The best thing about my video blogs, is that I dont do it for your benefit. I do it because I enjoy it, and I have quite a number of subscribers actually, and many people have viewed my videos (possibly not the blogs, but some of the others) You shouldnt put peoples achievements down Buzzard...when you have matched me on youtube, then you might have a point I suppose...but your hardly osbourneandmccarty are you :laugh:

5. If you enjoy making your videos, have at it. I apologize for my rude comment about it.

6) your a liar. You come on here to only offer your point of view if it will offend people. Thats why your limited to a few sections that hold controversial threads. Thats why your always in the politics section, sometimes in the Christianity section...and basically nowhere else. I gotcha all figured out Buzzard, and may I add...it wasnt hard :laugh:

6. I'll admit that I have lied in my life, but my statement wasn't a lie. If my point of view and thoughts offend people, that's not my problem or intent. I would rather offend people with an honest answer than lie to them to appease them. When I respond and participate in a thread, it's because the topic interests me. There are also many topics that interest me which I don't respond to. These are ones where I would probably be in agreement and my saying I agree will add nothing to them. I always welcome an opposing viewpoint because it offers a perspective which I may have overlooked. You can pat yourself on the back all you like, but don't hurt yourself because you don't have me figured out at all.

I redid my reply to you because my first draft was quite rude, and I don't wish to resort to that level. While it was good to get it off my chest, it went against the principles that I am trying to hold myself accountable to.

Until then, I didn't call you anything. I just pointed out your bullsh**t. I only push your buttons when you push mine or act like a typical jackass.

You stuck your nose in without adding anything solely to accuse me of something I didn't do. Your assumptions showed you to be the ass that you are. You then took offense when I defended myself. You accuse me of lumping everyone in this forum together; another weak and untrue assumption. Face it, you have no clue in knowing what my intentions are or were when you butted in.

You are the one who took it to the next level, and that's fine with me. I could care less what some douchebag like you thinks or says about me. I don't care about your list, your lame joke, or weak excuses. You are an antagonist and you have been for as long as I can remember.

Don't sit there and act like you don't dish it out.

You stick your nose in, make false accusations, and then get offended when I defend my position. Oh but you do care or else you wouldn't have brought it up numerous times. You then revert to your tired, lame name calling. Call me names all you wish, it just goes to show that you have nothing else.

The only thing I called you was a troll, because you were acting like a troll singling me out with false accusations.

Why do you feel that I am an antagonist? Is it because I have opposing views and express them, daresay even to the admins if I am in disagreement with them? I speak my mind, and if yours isn't strong enough to express your views without taking it personally than that is something you should work on.

Hey Buzzard, I think you're a lame ass bitch and easily the most annoying member of this forum.

Oh, wait...I was just joking.:rolleyes:

Yawn

GTFO, your jokes are weak. If this were a joke contest, I have already kicked the crap out of you numerous times.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that. FIGJAM much?

Not that I care, but I highly doubt that anybody sees me as the troll in this scenario. I also don't know how you can possibly think you punked anybody when all you did was make an ignorant comment that made people think you are a jackass. That's right, call it a joke, we all know you LOVE everybody around here, and that you never start pointless arguments about Christianity or Politics just to stir the pot, and that you never make generalized comments about the majority of the forum. :rolleyes:

I don't care if others see you as the troll in this scenario. What matters to me is how I saw it and how you acted when I defended my position.

Show me pointless arguments I make about Christianity and Politics just to stir the pot. Additionally link me if you will to comments you believe I made which generalized about the majority of the forum. Put up or shut up. The only person I would say I dislike on this forum is you, but you may be different in person and my opinion of you might change if I actually knew you. I don't like many of the views that people on here hold, but that is different than me not liking them personally.

See, and you call me a troll? :laugh:

Yes, I call you a troll in regards to your response to me. It sucks that I had to stoop to your level. I feel so dirty.

I wouldn't even bother punching you in the mouth, you already got one set of bleeding lips. True story.

Ooh, am I supposed to be scared?:rolleyes: I withhold my retort here because it wouldn't be polite in mixed company and I don't wish to sink to the level of scum in which you reside.

CAMPO
03-01-2010, 12:42 PM
When you decide to save the world call me up I got your back chica!! Batman and Robin!! Except we are girls.:unsure-1: lol!!

You'll be at the top of my list girlie! :w00t:

County Mike
03-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Much more interested in watching Campo and Miss Foxy fight crime than reading the nonsense between Tyburn, JB and Buzzard (and whoever else is currently forum-fighting).

Let's see Foxy and Campo in some super-hero outfits. :)

Neezar
03-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Much more interested in watching Campo and Miss Foxy fight crime than reading the nonsense between Tyburn, JB and Buzzard (and whoever else is currently forum-fighting).

:laugh:

Have I told you lately how awesome you are? :wub:

CAMPO
03-04-2010, 04:13 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::wink:

VCURamFan
03-04-2010, 08:55 PM

:happydancing::happydancing::happydancing:THIS!!!! :happydancing::happydancing::happydancing: