PDA

View Full Version : DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES??????

VCURamFan
02-22-2010, 01:57 AM
:happydancing::happydancing:AMERICA BEATS CANADA IN HOCKEY!!!!!:happydancing::happydancing:

Silverback
02-22-2010, 01:59 AM
:happydancing::happydancing:AMERICA BEATS CANADA IN HOCKEY!!!!!:happydancing::happydancing:

I just seen it, and yes I do, Good Job Boys.:happydancing::happydancing::happydancing:

matthughesfan21
02-22-2010, 02:02 AM
this is an upset for sure but compared to the real miracle on ice, this isn't even close...Canada struggled against the swiss and the us was given a shot in this tournament IF Miller stood on his head, which is exactly what he did today(42 saves on 45 shots and some huge saves) he outplayed one of the greatest goaltenders of all time....Canada isn't finished yet, they will be back in the medal round, but if Miller continues to play like this, the US shot at gold continues to improve

bradwright
02-22-2010, 02:17 AM

actually i think i'm even happier about the US win over Canada then you are Ben....i made a thousand bucks on a bet where some knuckle head gave me 10 to 1 odds on a hundred dollar bet:laugh:....but in the finals my money will be on Canada.:)

VCURamFan
02-22-2010, 02:26 AM
this is an upset for sure but compared to the real miracle on ice, this isn't even close...Canada struggled against the swiss and the us was given a shot in this tournament IF Miller stood on his head, which is exactly what he did today(42 saves on 45 shots and some huge saves) he outplayed one of the greatest goaltenders of all time....Canada isn't finished yet, they will be back in the medal round, but if Miller continues to play like this, the US shot at gold continues to improveO yeah, I know, but to beat Canada in Canada today was huge for us. It was one heck of a game, too, especially following that tight one between Russia & the Czech Republic.

actually i think i'm even happier about the US win over Canada then you are Ben....i made a thousand bucks on a bet where some knuckle head gave me 10 to 1 odds on a hundred dollar bet:laugh:....but in the finals my money will be on Canada.:)

NICE! Congrats on the big win! :happydancing:

Silverback
02-22-2010, 02:45 AM

Good now buy Mac a Birthday present:happydancing::happydancing::happydancing:

J.B.
02-22-2010, 04:33 AM
I was down at US Airways Center tonight for the Suns/Kings game and when they announced that the USA had beaten Canada the whole stadium went crazy, it was awesome.

matthughesfan21
02-22-2010, 04:47 AM
I was down at US Airways Center tonight for the Suns/Kings game and when they announced that the USA had beaten Canada the whole stadium went crazy, it was awesome.they really care that much down there? you'd think if they did, they'd actually go support the hometown team a little more

J.B.
02-22-2010, 04:55 AM
they really care that much down there? you'd think if they did, they'd actually go support the hometown team a little more

We might not have much "ice" here, but we are definitely still VERY proud Americans, don't get it twisted. :wink:

Phoenix is a very transient city. MOST people who live here are first generation or part-time residents. So, it's not just the Coyotes who suffer, it's all of the Phoenix sports teams. Nobody gave two craps about the Cardinals 4 years ago except for me and old snowbirds who were alive when they were the Chicago Cardinals. Now they are winning, and people are on board.

Of course, there are the die-hard fans of the Suns, D-Backs, Cardinals, and Coyotes, but for the most part many of the sports fans here in Arizona are fans of other teams. A lot of the people cheering probably didn't even care much about the Coyotes, but they are still Americans who like Hockey.

County Mike
02-22-2010, 11:23 AM
It was an awesome game. Miller was fantastic. Getting the bye should help a lot. Very physical games and I'm sure the extra game-off will help the players feel stronger through the remaining games.

The Russia-Czech game was exciting as well.

ERStettin
02-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Yep, Miller definetly won that game for them. I was watching it here in the Canadien Theater in Kandahar. My buddy and I were the only Americans in the whole place. When Zach put that last goal it (A GREAT goal by the way), the majority got up, cussing and stomping out.....lol. The Canucks love their hockey, but today it wasn't to be.

USA are the World Junior Champs after beating Canada for the title this year and now, hopefully they can take a Gold medal home from the Olympics in Canada. If they do that, the Canucks here are going to hear it from me. ;)

Silverback
02-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Yep, Miller definetly won that game for them. I was watching it here in the Canadien Theater in Kandahar. My buddy and I were the only Americans in the whole place. When Zach put that last goal it (A GREAT goal by the way), the majority got up, cussing and stomping out.....lol. The Canucks love their hockey, but today it wasn't to be.

USA are the World Junior Champs after beating Canada for the title this year and now, hopefully they can take a Gold medal home from the Olympics in Canada. If they do that, the Canucks here are going to hear it from me. ;)

I hope that happens, so you can rub it in, stay safe my friend...:punch::ninja::punch:

rearnakedchoke
02-22-2010, 02:24 PM
that was a great game .. obviously a little dissapointed, but i think we still have a chance against russia .. yes, we gotta get past the germans, but if we can't do that with ease, than we don't belong in the medal hunt ..

this is almost payback for us taking gold on US soil in 1992, but miller was amazing and the US deserved the win ...

matthughesfan21
02-22-2010, 02:48 PM

USA are the World Junior Champs after beating Canada for the title this year and now, hopefully they can take a Gold medal home from the Olympics in Canada. If they do that, the Canucks here are going to hear it from me. ;)Ryan Kesler scored the last goal not Zach Parise...the world juniors featured the us losing to canada and then beatiing them later in the gold medal game, the game was fantastic btw

VCURamFan
02-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Top 5 Goals of Sunday, including (but not limited to) that sick deflection off Crosby's stick to make it 4-3 & Ovenchkin leveling Jagr! :laugh:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/assetid=5e0ee02d-96cd-4df5-957a-9ec88ec58653.html#showdown+sunday+top+goals

Also, here's all 8 goals of the US/Canada game: http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/assetid=d28c5c66-fc4c-40d6-972a-4024ef5f8458.html?chrcontext=goal#goals+game+u+s+c anada

VCURamFan
02-24-2010, 09:17 PM
USA defeats Switzerland 2-0 to make it to the Final 4. next comes Russia vs. Canada. WAR NORTH AMERICA!!!

Silverback
02-24-2010, 09:28 PM
USA defeats Switzerland 2-0 to make it to the Final 4. next comes Russia vs. Canada. WAR NORTH AMERICA!!!

WAR USA

rearnakedchoke
02-25-2010, 02:22 AM

beat the russians 7-3 ... didn't see that coming .... looks like we may get a can vs usa finals ...

VCURamFan
02-25-2010, 03:07 AM
beat the russians 7-3 ... didn't see that coming .... looks like we may get a can vs usa finals ...

I know, right? Let's make the top of the medal stand all North America, people!!! :happydancing:

matthughesfan21
02-25-2010, 04:29 AM
I know, right? Let's make the top of the medal stand all North America, people!!! :happydancing:can't happen, a European team is at least guaranteed bronze

VCURamFan
02-25-2010, 04:41 AM
can't happen, a European team is at least guaranteed bronze

That's why I said "Top of".

Dern young kids with their loud music...:muttering:

bradwright
02-25-2010, 12:19 PM
I know, right? Let's make the top of the medal stand all North America, people!!! :happydancing:

i'm with you Ben,i hope both the US. and Canada make it through to the finals.
it was a very good game between the two of them the other day and i for one would love to see them play again.
but they both have some work to do before that,so i would just like to say good luck to the USA. in their game against Finland....i'll be watching ! !....and yes...even cheering them on !:)

Bonnie
02-25-2010, 05:26 PM
Hey, don't leave out the ladies! The ladies final is today, USA vs CANADA! :w00t:

Go USA ladies!!!

rearnakedchoke
02-26-2010, 12:31 AM
Hey, don't leave out the ladies! The ladies final is today, USA vs CANADA! :w00t:

Go USA ladies!!!

Canada up 2-0 with less than a minute .... Good game ladies ...

VCURamFan
02-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Holy crap, is anyone watching the US/Finland game right now? :blink:

US was up 6-0 after 13min of play!! :happydancing:

matthughesfan21
02-26-2010, 11:11 PM
I was worried about Finland because of solid goaltending and olympic experience, but they didn't show up today, they started off strong but goaltending let them down and they gave up after a few goals and the USA wanted this bad and thrashed them in that first period...Glad Kane played well and got 2 goals :)

bradwright
02-26-2010, 11:44 PM
Holy crap, is anyone watching the US/Finland game right now? :blink:

US was up 6-0 after 13min of play!! :happydancing:

actually i didn't see the game....cant believe it was on in the afternoon:sad:...but i'm glad the US won...now we just need Canada to get by Slovakia so we can have an all north American final.:)

rearnakedchoke
02-27-2010, 03:11 PM
I was worried about Finland because of solid goaltending and olympic experience, but they didn't show up today, they started off strong but goaltending let them down and they gave up after a few goals and the USA wanted this bad and thrashed them in that first period...Glad Kane played well and got 2 goals :)

yeah, the US were just relentless .... kipper just looked so out of it for some reason and wanted out after the third goal ... but it was too late by then .... the canada game was good too ... i thought for sure the slovaks would tie it up there in the end ... gold medal game is gonna be good ...

matthughesfan21
02-27-2010, 05:58 PM
yeah, the US were just relentless .... kipper just looked so out of it for some reason and wanted out after the third goal ... but it was too late by then .... the canada game was good too ... i thought for sure the slovaks would tie it up there in the end ... gold medal game is gonna be good ...

it should be another great game, the americans can't play the style they did yesterday though...They have to approach it the same as last time, they don't have the talent or depth to come out and outskate, outhit, and outshoot the Canadians...They have to play solid D, have great goaltending, and capitalize on their chances when they get them

matthughesfan21
02-28-2010, 08:44 PM
IF you guys aren't watching this USA Canada game right now, start watching it...One period left, Canada up 2-1..Canada has showed up to play by the US is showing tons of heart sticking with them and giving them a hell of a game, Towards the end of the 2nd period the momentum started turning towards the US....This game has been absolutely fantastic and if you aren't watching, you are missing out

Rev
02-28-2010, 08:56 PM
I hate to admit it but the Canadiens are clearing the center like its going out of style. great hockey by both teams. I cant believe that idiot centered the puck in front our goal and let Canada pick it off for the goal. I hate cheap goals like that but they are still goals. Great heads up play.

matthughesfan21
02-28-2010, 09:00 PM
I hate to admit it but the Canadiens are clearing the center like its going out of style. great hockey by both teams. I cant believe that idiot centered the puck in front our goal and let Canada pick it off for the goal. I hate cheap goals like that but they are still goals. Great heads up play.

it's not like he just braiinfarted and turned it over...He was being pressured by the strong forecheck from Richards, he should have cleared it around the boards, but he had to make a quick decision, and just happened to make the wrong one

Rev
02-28-2010, 09:04 PM
yeah but you NEVER clear to the front of your own goal.
Miller has to be the best in history. that dude is the man

matthughesfan21
02-28-2010, 09:11 PM
yeah but you NEVER clear to the front of your own goal.
Miller has to be the best in history. that dude is the man
of course not, but those kind of mistakes happen when you are being pressured, i attribute that to the strong forecheck of Richards....Miller is the man but best in history is a bit of a stretch...Patrick Roy, Dominik Hasek, Ken Dryden, Glenn Hall, Terry Sawchuk, and Vladislav Tretiak could all be debated...oh and Brodeur also...Miller may have his name in that group one day, but not quite yet

Rev
02-28-2010, 09:12 PM
if USA would keep someone in front of the goal to pick up rebounds we might get a second chance or two! what is the problem?

matthughesfan21
02-28-2010, 09:28 PM
GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!WHAT A GAME....LOVE IT

Rev
02-28-2010, 09:31 PM
Look at my last post!!!!!!

matthughesfan21
02-28-2010, 09:35 PM
Look at my last post!!!!!!good call:laugh:

it helps that they had 6 guys out there with the empty net, and luongo was looking shaky and let that one save drop right out of his glove to give the US another chance...Luongo choking like he always does in pressure situations

Rev
02-28-2010, 09:39 PM
LOL come on man, that dude is awesome. but yeah he did choke.

matthughesfan21
02-28-2010, 09:39 PM
after such an amazing game, this game will be finished in sudden death OT or a shootout...talk about being on the edge of my seat, this game could end at any moment...wow, this is the true super sunday imo

matthughesfan21
02-28-2010, 09:43 PM
LOL come on man, that dude is awesome. but yeah he did choke.he is an awesome goalie(in non pressure situations) when something is at stake, he folds, he only gave up 2 today, but he was shaky all day...if you want another example please refer to 2009 Western Conference Semifinals Game 6, Blackhawks vs. Luongo, with the series on the line...He gives up 7 goals:laugh:

bradwright
02-28-2010, 10:08 PM
he is an awesome goalie(in non pressure situations) when something is at stake, he folds, he only gave up 2 today, but he was shaky all day...if you want another example please refer to 2009 Western Conference Semifinals Game 6, Blackhawks vs. Luongo, with the series on the line...He gives up 7 goals:laugh:

would you like me to show you some stats on Miller ?
if you think giving up 2 goals in a gold medal game is shaky then you dont know much at all about hockey.

anyway i would just like to say it was a heck of a game and it could have went either way,i just hope everyone enjoyed it.
the USA has nothing to be upset about...taking Canada to over time in the gold medal game is very good indeed...good game and good luck next time....we look forward to it.:)

rearnakedchoke
02-28-2010, 10:22 PM
great game my american friends ... i will now be able to sleep tonite ... hopefully our boys are out on the ice in a bit smoking some stogies and drinking some beers ...

matthughesfan21
02-28-2010, 10:22 PM
would you like me to show you some stats on Miller ?
if you think giving up 2 goals in a gold medal game is shaky then you dont know much at all about hockey.

anyway i would just like to say it was a heck of a game and it could have went either way,i just hope everyone enjoyed it.
the USA has nothing to be upset about...taking Canada to over time in the gold medal game is very good indeed...good game and good luck next time....we look forward to it.:)did you watch the game? he was making saves but didn't seem confident, pucks dropping out of his glove, he just didn't have a feel of the puck...If the USA had the pressure in front of Luongo that the Canadians did in front of miller(bodies in front of the net, 2nd chances, etc.) he would have given up way more than 2, he was struggling to find pucks at times just from unscreened shots....oh and if you want to question how well I know hockey, bring it on, i'll hold my own, just because I'm not from canada doesn't mean i don't know the game

bradwright
02-28-2010, 10:27 PM
did you watch the game? he was making saves but didn't seem confident, pucks dropping out of his glove, he just didn't have a feel of the puck...If the USA had the pressure in front of Luongo that the Canadians did in front of miller(bodies in front of the net, 2nd chances, etc.) he would have given up way more than 2, he was struggling to find pucks at times just from unscreened shots....oh and if you want to question how well I know hockey, bring it on, i'll hold my own, just because I'm not from canada doesn't mean i don't know the game

tell me then my hockey friend....how many shots on goal were there ?

you dont know nearly as much about the game as you think you do if you really think Luongo played bad.

Silverback
02-28-2010, 10:29 PM
great game my american friends ... i will now be able to sleep tonite ... hopefully our boys are out on the ice in a bit smoking some stogies and drinking some beers ...

Those sissy's will be drinking Milk and eating candy stogies, the women are much more Butch then the men, from Canada I mean.:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011::Whistle: :Whistle::Whistle:

matthughesfan21
02-28-2010, 10:33 PM
tell me then my hockey friend....how many shots on goal were there ?

you dont know nearly as much about the game as you think you do if you really think Luongo played bad.
from which side, I think the Canadians had 38 or 39 shots and the americans about 35 maybe 36,...I didn't say he played bad, I said shaky, theres a difference...bad means letting in goals, shaky means making the saves but not looking impressive in the process, sure he made the saves and I guess that's all that really matters, but he wasn't looking too confident between the pipes

bradwright
02-28-2010, 10:35 PM
Those sissy's will be drinking Milk and eating candy stogies, the women are much more Butch then the men, from Canada I mean.:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011::Whistle: :Whistle::Whistle:

nothing wrong with a nice glass of milk from time to time.:)

bradwright
02-28-2010, 10:36 PM
from which side, I think the Canadians had 38 or 39 shots and the americans about 35 maybe 36,...I didn't say he played bad, I said shaky, theres a difference...bad means letting in goals, shaky means making the saves but not looking impressive in the process, sure he made the saves and I guess that's all that really matters, but he wasn't looking too confident between the pipeshttp://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=102630&posted=1#post102630

he dropped one puck...big deal:rolleyes:
so what your saying then is if he wasn't so shaky he would have had a shut out ?

matthughesfan21
02-28-2010, 10:40 PM
he dropped one puck...big deal:rolleyes:
so what your saying then is if he wasn't so shaky he would have had a shut out ?
dude, quit twisting my words...first of all he dropped a couple pucks in regulation, then he at times would have trouble feeling the puck when he'd have it between his legs to cover it, thats just an instinct for goalies(a feel for the puck) and it wasn't all there for him today...I'm not saying he played awful, but I've seen Luongo much more sure of himself between the pipes before...I'm not the only one who felt Luongo was shaky today either, commentators and analysts were saying it all game...I'm sorry for saying Luongo wasn't at his top form today, I must have struck a nerve with you

bradwright
02-28-2010, 10:44 PM
dude, quit twisting my words...first of all he dropped a couple pucks in regulation, then he at times would have trouble feeling the puck when he'd have it between his legs to cover it, thats just an instinct for goalies(a feel for the puck) and it wasn't all there for him today...I'm not saying he played awful, but I've seen Luongo much more sure of himself between the pipes before...I'm not the only one who felt Luongo was shaky today either, commentators and analysts were saying it all game...I'm sorry for saying Luongo wasn't at his top form today, I must have struck a nerve with you

he only dropped one puck...the other times he did it on purpose to keep the play from being whistled down.
the only reason i commented on your post was because you dont understand hockey that well and i thought i would help you out with that.

you mean American commentators ?...they said it once in the dieing seconds of the third.

matthughesfan21
02-28-2010, 10:49 PM
he only dropped one puck...the other times he did it on purpose to keep the play from being whistled down.
the only reason i commented on your post was because you dont understand hockey that well and i thought i would help you out with that.

you mean American commentators ?...they said it once in the dieing seconds of the third.there were other times were he made a glove save but it popped back out, but it was no big deal because no one was around him, I know there were times where he didn't cover the puck and just dropped it out, but whatever man, thank you for bringing your great Canadian wisdom to help us stupid americans understand your sport...you can try to insult my knowledge about hockey all you want if it makes you feel better about yourself, but you'll be wrong...anytime you'd like to talk hockey when it doesn't involve USA vs. Canada(because biases will be involved) I'll be happy to...I don't know everything about hockey(who really does?), but I know the game a hell of a lot more than you are trying to give me credit for

Silverback
02-28-2010, 10:49 PM
nothing wrong with a nice glass of milk from time to time.:)

I hope you know my friend, I was only joking,(milk may be to strong):ninja::ninja::ninja:

bradwright
02-28-2010, 11:02 PM
there were other times were he made a glove save but it popped back out, but it was no big deal because no one was around him, I know there were times where he didn't cover the puck and just dropped it out, but whatever man, thank you for bringing your great Canadian wisdom to help us stupid americans understand your sport...you can try to insult my knowledge about hockey all you want if it makes you feel better about yourself, but you'll be wrong...anytime you'd like to talk hockey when it doesn't involve USA vs. Canada(because biases will be involved) I'll be happy to...I don't know everything about hockey(who really does?), but I know the game a hell of a lot more than you are trying to give me credit for

why would you assume i think all Americans are stupid when it comes to hockey ?
if your 21 beside your name indicates your age then i have played hockey longer then you have been alive so i think i might just have you in the knowledge department.

the thing i dont understand is why you are so bitter...did it really mean that much to you that your team beat the Canadian team ?

i say be proud...it wasn't that long ago that the US wasn't even considered to be in the top 5 in international hockey.
infact some people in your country didn't have them doing very well this time either because they booked flights home for the team for 9:30 this morning....well before the gold medal game was even to be played.

anyway like i said before the game could have went either way and we as Canadians look forward to the next time....good game boys.:)

matthughesfan21
02-28-2010, 11:04 PM
Brad, I think if we were to have a discussion on hockey in general, it would be far more enjoyable and productive than this one...We have biases in this situation, you seem to like Luongo and are somewhat overcrediting his performance...on the flipside, I absolutely hate Luongo, and I am being a little to hard on him, it should probably be seen somewhere in the middle...Also, I am sorry for the sarcastic comment about canadian wisdom in my prior post, just a little bummed by the game and said that in spite

matthughesfan21
02-28-2010, 11:09 PM
why would you assume i think all Americans are stupid when it comes to hockey ?
if your 21 beside your name indicates your age then i have played hockey longer then you have been alive so i think i might just have you in the knowledge department.

the thing i dont understand is why you are so bitter...did it really mean that much to you that your team beat the Canadian team ?

i say be proud...it wasn't that long ago that the US wasn't even considered to be in the top 5 in international hockey.I have no doubt that you know hockey and are knowledgable in the game, and yes you have been playing longer than you have been alive, but I am not ignorant to hockey either, I have been watching hockey my whole life and I play as well

I am sorry for being bitter, it was just such a hard fought game that I was bummed at the end especially with Crosby being the one getting the game winner...I am very proud of our boys, they weren't even expected to medal due to the lack of experience and they showed a lot of heart and proved they belonged...Congrats to canada, they have a great team and a great set of guys...I am curious to see how good the USA team could be in 4 years with more experience, but unfortunately it looks like Bettman won't let the happen

bradwright
02-28-2010, 11:13 PM
I hope you know my friend, I was only joking,(milk may be to strong):ninja::ninja::ninja:

we like water as well up here so thats okay.:)

i have a friend that happens to be the president of Molson's up here and he told me about a time he was at a brewers conference in the states.
he said after the first day was over him and the president of Coors and the president of budweiser went to bar to wind down a bit...well when they got there the bartender asked the guy from Coors what he would like and he said give me Coors,he said okay and then proceeded to ask the Bud pres what he wanted and he said give me a Budweiser...he then turned to my friend and asked him,he replied, give me a Coke..the bartender paused for a minute and then said okay then,what ever you want.
after the guys got there drinks and sat down the Pres from Coors asked him why he was drinking a coke if he was the president of Molson's up in Canada...he said well...you guys weren't drinking beer so i thought i wouldn't either.:)

matthughesfan21
02-28-2010, 11:15 PM

i have a friend that happens to be the president of Molson's up here and he told me about a time he was at a brewers conference in the states.
he said after the first day was over him and the president of Coors and the president of budweiser went to bar to wind down a bit...well when they got there the bartender asked the guy from Coors what he would like and he said give me Coors,he said okay and then proceeded to ask the Bud pres what he wanted and he said give me a Budweiser...he then turned to my friend and asked him,he replied, give me a Coke..the bartender paused for a minute and then said okay then,what ever you want.
after the guys got there drinks and sat down the Pres from Coors asked him why he was drinking a coke if he was the president of Molson's up in Canada...he said well...you guys weren't drinking beer so i thought i wouldn't either.:):laugh::laugh::laugh:

rearnakedchoke
02-28-2010, 11:24 PM
yeah, canadian beer does taste much better ... LOL ... but enough of the bickering ... i would be pissed if canada lost, so i ain't gonna rub it in .. what matters is that it was a great game, the gold medal is back in the western hemisphere and by the looks of the last few big major tourneys, the Canada and US rivalry is getting better and better

matthughesfan21
02-28-2010, 11:27 PM
yeah, canadian beer does taste much better ... LOL ... but enough of the bickering ... i would be pissed if canada lost, so i ain't gonna rub it in .. what matters is that it was a great game, the gold medal is back in the western hemisphere and by the looks of the last few big major tourneys, the Canada and US rivalry is getting better and betteragreed on all points

J.B.
02-28-2010, 11:38 PM
If your gonna hype a game as being the biggest one the sport has seen in 30 years, I'm glad it went down the way it did.

Well...with the exception of America losing that is....lol

Still, this is not just about Hockey, these are the Olympics, and no fan of Team USA on the whole should be too disappointed. We did awesome, and brought home a record number of medals, and even though we ended up with the Silver medal in Hockey, we still beat Canada once.

Canada got a lot of flack this year for a lot of things, but I think all in all it was still a great Winter Games, with the exception of the Georgian Luger's death. With that being said, I congratulate Canada. I am happy that you guys ended up getting higher in the medal count after a slow start. I'm not sure I agree that it was the best idea to put over 100 million dollars into that "Own The Podium" campaign, but I also think it's great that Canada showed so much support for all of their athletes, you guys should be proud.

bradwright
02-28-2010, 11:40 PM
agreed on all points

yes and i'm sorry if i offended you with my comments...i'm just glad you show enough interest in the game to be bothered by the out come...and believe me i would never rub it in either.

matthughesfan21
02-28-2010, 11:45 PM
yes and i'm sorry if i offended you with my comments...i'm just glad you show enough interest in the game to be bothered by the out come...and believe me i would never rub it in either.

thank you, I was disappointed that the US lost, but when you get to thinking about it, they were never expected to ever be playing in that game, much less take the Canadians to OT...They battled and showed true heart, and they proved they belong...Much congrats to the canadians, they did their country proud and they are an outstanding group of guys...I'm happy for all of them even if I don't like a couple, but I am proud of all of them that step out there and put it all on the line...Hopefully Keith, Toews, and Seabrook get two championships this year:wink:

rearnakedchoke
02-28-2010, 11:47 PM
If your gonna hype a game as being the biggest one the sport has seen in 30 years, I'm glad it went down the way it did.

Still, this is not just about Hockey, these are the Olympics, and no fan of Team USA on the whole should be too disappointed. We did awesome, and brought home a record number of medals, and even though we ended up with the Silver medal in Hockey, we still beat Canada once.

Canada got a lot of flack this year for a lot of things, but I think all in all it was still a great Winter Games, with the exception of the Georgian Luger's death. With that being said, I congratulate Canada. I am happy that you guys ended up getting higher in the medal count after a slow start. I'm not sure I agree that it was the best idea to put over 100 million dollars into that "Own The Podium" campaign, but I also think it's great that Canada showed so much support for all of their athletes, you guys should be proud.

100 million? damn, i heard it was 17 mill ... still, when i heard that, i thought it was the stupidest thing ever .... i mean, go out there and do your best and don't worry about what others do ... it was still a great showing for us ... and we set a record for most gold medals won in a winter olympics which is cool ... i think this makes up for our dubious record of being the only host to never win gold on home soil ... AND WE DID IT TWICE .. LOL

but thanks man, i think they are gonna bid for 2022 in Quebec city, so that would be cool ... being from Toronto, i think we are done with bidding for the summer games for a while

bradwright
02-28-2010, 11:52 PM

a lot of things went wrong and yes the death of the Georgian Luger Nodar Kumaritashvili was very tragic....i know all Canadians feel the pain of his family and Country and we wish it would have never happened.:sad:

J.B.
03-01-2010, 12:05 AM
100 million? damn, i heard it was 17 mill ... still, when i heard that, i thought it was the stupidest thing ever .... i mean, go out there and do your best and don't worry about what others do ... it was still a great showing for us ... and we set a record for most gold medals won in a winter olympics which is cool ... i think this makes up for our dubious record of being the only host to never win gold on home soil ... AND WE DID IT TWICE .. LOL

but thanks man, i think they are gonna bid for 2022 in Quebec city, so that would be cool ... being from Toronto, i think we are done with bidding for the summer games for a while

I literally just heard on the radio on my way home, not even 30 minutes ago, that it was over 100 million. In fact, when I heard it I thought of you guys here on the forum and I wanted to bring it up. They could have been wrong, because 100 million dollars immediately seemed a bit outrageous to me, not sure though, me and my buddy both heard it :unsure-1: :laugh:

I am like most fans when it comes to the Olympics though, there is only a handful of sports that actually interest me, and then I will watch the other events when I get a chance just to cheer for my country.

J.B.
03-01-2010, 12:12 AM
a lot of things went wrong and yes the death of the Georgian Luger Nodar Kumaritashvili was very tragic....i know all Canadians feel the pain of his family and Country and we wish it would have never happened.:sad:

No doubt the whole world shares that sentiment.

I think Canada did a great job considering the little things that were out of their hands. There are always problems to some degree at every Winter and Summer games.

bradwright
03-01-2010, 12:14 AM
I literally just heard on the radio on my way home, not even 30 minutes ago, that it was over 100 million. In fact, when I heard it I thought of you guys here on the forum and I wanted to bring it up. They could have been wrong, because 100 million dollars immediately seemed a bit outrageous to me, not sure though, me and my buddy both heard it :unsure-1: :laugh:

I am like most fans when it comes to the Olympics though, there is only a handful of sports that actually interest me, and then I will watch the other events when I get a chance just to cheer for my country.

actually that doesn't bother me so much because the money for the most part would go into training athletes,and for me thats okay.

but if you really need something to laugh at try this.
our government spent 75 million for three cruise ships to anchor in the harbour so the extra police from different parts of Canada and around the world would have some where to stay...could have used that money a little better i would have to say.

J.B.
03-01-2010, 12:38 AM
actually that doesn't bother me so much because the money for the most part would go into training athletes,and for me thats okay.

but if you really need something to laugh at try this.
our government spent 75 million for three cruise ships to anchor in the harbour so the extra police from different parts of Canada and around the world would have some where to stay...could have used that money a little better i would have to say.

Both things seem way overpriced to me, but I am no expert on the standard when it comes to government spending on the Olympic games. I actually feel compelled to do some research now...:ninja:

Buzzard
03-01-2010, 07:56 AM
Didn't get to see much of the Olympics this year. Saw some Curling last week I think it was and a few speed skate races. Saw Apolo Ohno get DQ'd. Saw some downhill skiing and ski/shoot events. Congrats Canada on an impressive Olympic performance in the Hockey bout. Missed it dang it.

Spent the day hanging with a friend playing 3 games of Madden 08 on PC and one game of NHL 08 on PC via the internet, lost 10-6. Just started playing the NHL and my thumbs are a bit sore after 3 20 minute periods.

I need a lot more training to get my game up on the Hockey, but my Football skills are holding my own.

Congrats to all the medal winners USA, you made the Country and Me proud.

I really miss going to hockey games. When I lived in SoCal I got to see the Kings on numerous times. It was a guys dream as I've never seen so many women at a sporting event. It was the same here when I saw the Caps play in D.C., only I saw twice as many women due to the fact that my friends and I were hammered. How we made it home was beyond me. Luckily the lesson learned didn't involve the police much.

Buzzard
03-01-2010, 08:04 AM

after the guys got there drinks and sat down the Pres from Coors asked him why he was drinking a coke if he was the president of Molson's up in Canada...he said well...you guys weren't drinking beer so i thought i wouldn't either.:)

Lived in California and beer was 3.2 there, could drink a lot of it and maintain. Moved back to Virginia and could get a mean buzz off a six-pack since the beer out here was 5.0 or something. I'd much rather drink Jack Daniels or some Johnny Walker, some Tequila too is fun except for the Mexico trip we had. Thought we were going to Mexican jail that night and a night on an earlier trip where a friend of ours punched a bouncer in a strip joint. How we managed to escape and thinking about it still sends shivers down my spine.

rearnakedchoke
03-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Lived in California and beer was 3.2 there, could drink a lot of it and maintain. Moved back to Virginia and could get a mean buzz off a six-pack since the beer out here was 5.0 or something. I'd much rather drink Jack Daniels or some Johnny Walker, some Tequila too is fun except for the Mexico trip we had. Thought we were going to Mexican jail that night and a night on an earlier trip where a friend of ours punched a bouncer in a strip joint. How we managed to escape and thinking about it still sends shivers down my spine.

Nevermind .. Did you post the LIST?