PDA

View Full Version : We are STILL a center-right country.

flo
02-20-2010, 12:05 AM
Krauthammer gets it right, again.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/18/AR2010021803413.html

Leave it to Mickey Kaus, a principled liberal who supports health-care reform, to debunk these structural excuses: "Lots of intellectual effort now seems to be going into explaining Obama's (possible/likely/impending) health care failure as the inevitable product of larger historic and constitutional forces. . . . But in this case there's a simpler explanation: Barack Obama's job was to sell a health care reform plan to American voters. He failed."

He failed because the utter implausibility of its central promise -- expanded coverage at lower cost -- led voters to conclude that it would lead ultimately to more government, more taxes and more debt. More broadly, the Democrats failed because, thinking the economic emergency would give them the political mandate and legislative window, they tried to impose a left-wing agenda on a center-right country. The people said no, expressing themselves first in spontaneous demonstrations, then in public opinion polls, then in elections -- Virginia, New Jersey and, most emphatically, Massachusetts.

NateR
02-20-2010, 12:58 AM
I would agree with this. The Democrats made the mistake of believing that the 2008 election was a mandate from the American people to steer this country down a Progressive Liberal road.

Neezar
02-20-2010, 01:51 PM
I think a lot of people say they are Liberals because they think it is hip. But in reality it scares the crap out of them just like it does us.

:laugh:

VCURamFan
02-20-2010, 03:38 PM
I think a lot of people say they are Liberals because they think it is hip. But in reality it scares the crap out of them just like it does us.

That's how most of my friends are. Every time I tell them about something Obama's doing their immediate reaction is "O c'mon, Ben, that's gotta be a joke!" :laugh: Once they realize I'm dead serious, their next question is "How come the news isn't telling us about this?" :blink: I think I'm slowly but surely getting through to them.

I've said it once & I'll say it again: Obama didn't run a better campaign, he had a better marketing strategy. That's the only thing that would be able to sway the young dumb voters of today.

Neezar
02-20-2010, 06:26 PM
That's how most of my friends are. Every time I tell them about something Obama's doing their immediate reaction is "O c'mon, Ben, that's gotta be a joke!" :laugh: Once they realize I'm dead serious, their next question is "How come the news isn't telling us about this?" :blink: I think I'm slowly but surely getting through to them.

I've said it once & I'll say it again: Obama didn't run a better campaign, he had a better marketing strategy. That's the only thing that would be able to sway the young dumb voters of today.

Most people that I know voted for a young, good looking, well spoken black man. They have NO idea what he stands for or what he plans for our country.

VCURamFan
02-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Most people that I know voted for a young, good looking, well spoken black man. They have NO idea what he stands for or what he plans for our country.
AMEN!

Denise, FTW!!!! :happydancing:

DonnaMaria
02-20-2010, 09:04 PM
This is definately a sign of the times........

I asked a student in my class to tell me the name of our president......

he didn't know......so I started to help him.....

I said........."It starts with O.........."

He yelled out........."O........OPRAH!!!!!!"

Neezar
02-20-2010, 09:55 PM
This is definately a sign of the times........

I asked a student in my class to tell me the name of our president......

he didn't know......so I started to help him.....

I said........."It starts with O.........."

He yelled out........."O........OPRAH!!!!!!"

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Did you respond with, "Oh! Soo close!"

Tyburn
02-26-2010, 09:26 PM
I would agree with this. The Democrats made the mistake of believing that the 2008 election was a mandate from the American people to steer this country down a Progressive Liberal road.

indeed. The truth is America has always been far right...and if Obama succeeds even partially, it will only just move to being Centrist

America isnt designed for the left, at least not on a large scale, not on a Government scale. only at a community level.which is the best place for the left wing anyway. :laugh:

Tyburn
02-26-2010, 09:27 PM
good looking, .

:blink: Good looking :huh:

Miss Foxy
02-26-2010, 09:29 PM
vVery well put except I dunno about good looking.. His lips are purple..lol:w00t: