PDA

View Full Version : BLOG: Training

NateR
02-19-2010, 01:00 AM
From Matt's blog:

I'm driving home from the gym as we speak, had another good practice. Right now, I'm hitting 2-a-days and will start my morning running here in a bit.

Last week, I went to Jeremy's and worked with him and Pena and I really feel like I picked up a lot. Not only on the stand up side, but on the ground as well. One thing I'm not bashful about is recognizing that you can go to another place and learn something. Some people feel that their gym knows everything and I just don't see it that way. I'll probably go out to Jeremy's three more times before this fight. I've already talked with him and he's going out to corner me as well.

The HIT Squad's doing well and this week I've had some great practice. I'm lifting weights and getting my cardio in at the gym and I can tell a difference when I get in front of a mirror. I've always been lucky in that after I worked out, it doesn't take me long to see the results.

I do apologize about the late blog, but with a 6-week-old baby at the house and me training for a fight, I've been busy. By the way, Katelyn is doing well, she's on a set schedule and it's working out great.

One thing I did want to comment about was the Trigg/Serra fight. The fight went like I thought it would if they were going to stay on their feet. I don't know why Frank would have done that. I always viewed Frank as a dangerous fighter when he gets on top of somebody. There is no doubt that Frank has a suspect jaw, so why would he stand and trade with somebody that throws like Matt Serra does? I would have liked to have seen Frank take him down and seen what would have happened there.

This weekend is the fight in Australia and HIT Squad's own Brian Foster is matched up with Chris Lytle on the card. Good luck to Brian, I think it's a great match up. As long as Brian keeps his hands up and keeps it a fight, not a boxing match, I think he'll be fine. I didn't go out to the fight, I wanted to stay home and concentrate on training. But like I said, training is going good. My body is definitely on the road for the fight in April.

Here is the Bible verse for the week:
For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men. (1 Peter 2:15)

-matt

PS - Happy Belated Birthday, Boomer! Also, Mac's birthday is coming up on the 22nd, so Happy Birthday, Mac!

Llamafighter
02-19-2010, 01:07 AM
From Matt's blog:

Great to hear everything (family and training) are going great, Matt. Wish you all the best in your preparations and glad the family is healthy.
Mark

MattHughesRocks
02-19-2010, 01:37 AM
Pictures in just your shorts or I call shenanigans! :w00t:

:rolleyes:

The HIT Squad's doing well and this week I've had some great practice. I'm lifting weights and getting my cardio in at the gym and I can tell a difference when I get in front of a mirror. I've always been lucky in that after I worked out, it doesn't take me long to see the results.

Mac
02-19-2010, 01:57 AM
Hey Thanks!

Silverback
02-19-2010, 02:01 AM
I wish you the best on every front,(family, fight, and life itself) Best of luck and good fortune!!!:):):)

Boomer
02-19-2010, 02:26 AM
Pictures in just your shorts or I call shenanigans! :w00t:

Man ... surprised you included "shorts" in that. Thats good for you. You feel'n ok? :huh:

:D

Great to hear from yea Matt!! Glad to hear all is good with training and the family.

MattHughesRocks
02-19-2010, 02:34 AM
No not really. Got me down don't ya? :laugh:

Man ... surprised you included "shorts" in that. Thats good for you. You feel'n ok? :huh:

:D

Great to hear from yea Matt!! Glad to hear all is good with training and the family.

Boomer
02-19-2010, 02:38 AM
You got me worried ... michelle . Go to the doctor and get your dirty mind back ... this clam person is no fun. :sad:

MattHughesRocks
02-19-2010, 02:50 AM
Trust me...I'm working on it. I don't like it either:laugh: Now back to the subject...Matt Hughes...training....shorts no shirt!:applause:

You got me worried ... michelle . Go to the doctor and get your dirty mind back ... this clam person is no fun. :sad:

Boomer
02-19-2010, 02:56 AM
Trust me...I'm working on it. I don't like it either:laugh: Now back to the subject...Matt Hughes...training....shorts no shirt!:applause:

How about one from UFC 98 training to hold you over

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m123/boomermatt75/IMG_4117.jpg

VCURamFan
02-19-2010, 03:56 PM
Great blog, Matt. So stoked to here that Jeremy'll cornering you in Abu Dhabi, that's tight!!

Tyburn
02-19-2010, 04:30 PM
I would have liked to have seen Frank take him down and seen what would have happened there

:laugh: I would have liked to see the result of that too. :laugh:

hughesfan4life
02-19-2010, 06:24 PM
:)hi matt!,thanks for another great blog!.glad to hear the training is going to plan and your wee lassie is doing well.all the best.xx

Boomer
02-19-2010, 09:26 PM
haha .. thanks for b-day wish brotha. Had a good one.

Bonnie
02-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Great blog, Matt. So stoked to here that Jeremy'll cornering you in Abu Dhabi, that's tight!!

Yes, this is exciting! :w00t:

Is Mark going? :unsure-1:

No, Llama, not you, the other Mark...."The Mark" as Denise says. :laugh:

VCURamFan
02-20-2010, 02:56 PM

No, Llama, not you, the other Mark...."The Mark" as Denise says. :laugh:
I'd guess not. Wouldn't want anyone accusing Mark of doing Matt's fighting for him! :laugh:

Bonnie
02-20-2010, 04:22 PM
I'd guess not.

Well, I hope he does get to go. If Matt is like me, I always feel better (calmer and stronger inside) when my twin is with me. :ninja: It's a twin thang.... :laugh:

NateR
02-20-2010, 10:15 PM

Mark's not going to go. April is planting season.

Llamafighter
02-20-2010, 10:53 PM

Will you be helping out this season?

NateR
02-20-2010, 11:50 PM
Will you be helping out this season?

I'll help out where ever I can, but there's not much for me to do during planting season.

Llamafighter
02-20-2010, 11:52 PM
I'll help out where ever I can, but there's not much for me to do during planting season.

Are you going to Abu Dhabi?

NateR
02-20-2010, 11:57 PM
Are you going to Abu Dhabi?

Nope. There's no way I could afford that plane ticket.

Bonnie
02-21-2010, 04:27 AM

:sad: Doesn's DW know when planting season is!

Which means no great pics! :sad: Not that that's the only reason I'm sad you're not getting to go, Nate.

VCURamFan
02-21-2010, 02:42 PM

Well Matt's gonna be taking a ton of training equipment, right? Why not just empty out one of his suitcases & hide in the duffel? :frantics:

Tyburn
02-21-2010, 03:12 PM

:mellow: but arent you a vital part of His Entourage :huh:

Who is going to video him whilst he is out there :unsure-1: this SUX EGGS if you cant go :sad:

VCURamFan
02-21-2010, 03:32 PM

Agreed! I think the entire forum should go on strike until Matt agrees to take NateR with him & get him another press-pass for this fight!
:punch: :punch: :punch: STRIKE FOR NATER! NO SCABS!! VIVA LA NATER!!!! :punch: :punch: :punch:

EDIT: 5,000 post! :happydancing:

Tyburn
02-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Agreed! I think the entire forum should go on strike until Matt agrees to take NateR with him & get him another press-pass for this fight!
:punch: :punch: :punch: STRIKE FOR NATER! NO SCABS!! VIVA LA NATER!!!! :punch: :punch: :punch:

EDIT: 5,000 post! :happydancing:

I agree...but can we do something else...rather then going on strike...because I love to post...and so do you.

I know

DARE YOU to start a thread in the Matt Hughes Section entitled "Petition for NateR to go to The Middle East" or something of that nature...you could launch a poll...and see if others feel the same way we do...if we get a majority in the next week that say Nathan should...we send the linkey-doo in a PM to Hughes...if not...we delete the thread and pretend we never thought Nathan valuable enough to go anyway :laugh::laugh: I would start it....but I dont want to add a "Berschmarck" on my reputation as a Moderator :mellow:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

VCURamFan
02-21-2010, 04:03 PM
I agree...but can we do something else...rather then going on strike...because I love to post...and so do you.

I know

DARE YOU to start a thread in the Matt Hughes Section entitled "Petition for NateR to go to The Middle East" or something of that nature...you could launch a poll...and see if others feel the same way we do...if we get a majority in the next week that say Nathan should...we send the linkey-doo in a PM to Hughes...if not...we delete the thread and pretend we never thought Nathan valuable enough to go anyway :laugh::laugh: I would start it....but I dont want to add a "Berschmarck" on my reputation as a Moderator :mellow:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dave, your entire reputation is a serious of bad threads! :laugh:

NateR
02-21-2010, 04:39 PM

Who is going to video him whilst he is out there :unsure-1: this SUX EGGS if you cant go :sad:

I told Matt that he should get a press pass for Boomer, so he can fill in for me this time around.

TexasRN
02-21-2010, 04:45 PM
I told Matt that he should get a press pass for Boomer, so he can fill in for me this time around.

:w00t: A Boomer tale that is officially from the PRESS!! Since Nate can't go, that's a great idea!

~Amy

VCURamFan
02-21-2010, 04:46 PM

Dude, that's not a half-bad idea!! :w00t:

You just gotta get him out to Hillsboro now so he can get some reps in behind the lens!! :happydancing:

Tyburn
02-21-2010, 05:19 PM
Dave, your entire reputation is a serious of bad threads! :laugh:

I know that, you know that...but THEY dont know that :ninja:

:laugh:

Tyburn
02-21-2010, 05:20 PM

Yes, Boomer would be a good person to cover for you :)

Llamafighter
02-21-2010, 06:00 PM

GREAT IDEA!!
maybe the news station in Charlottesville would do a Boomertale from Abu Dhabi

VCURamFan
02-21-2010, 06:55 PM
GREAT IDEA!!

Holy crap, that's an awesome idea!! It could be an ongoing story, with him showing people prepping for the trip (Matt, Jon, Veach, Marc, Jeremy, etc.) & then show clips of the action once he gets back. He'd be like a field correspondent!!

Boomer
02-22-2010, 06:18 PM
GREAT IDEA!!

I should have my own show up and going by then. :wink:

VCURamFan
02-22-2010, 06:26 PM
I should have my own show up and going by then. :wink:
Cool! Then that means you'll be able to send me to Abu Dhabi as a field correspondent!! :happydancing: