PDA

View Full Version : Lone Survivor Ghost Writer Patrick Robinson Speaks Out

VCURamFan
02-17-2010, 03:23 PM
I just go this article sent to me on Facebook. I can't even find the words to describe how angry this situation makes me:

I have been reading with growing consternation reports of the forthcoming court martial of the three US Navy SEALs who captured Ahmed Hashim Abed, believed by the US military to be one of the most dangerous and vicious jihadists currently operating in Iraq.

The US high command in the Middle East pinpoints him as the mastermind behind the shocking murders and mutilation of four US contractors working for Blackwater in 2004 – burned alive in their vehicle and strung from the girders of a steel bridge over the Euphrates River while a baying mob below chanted DEATH TO THE INFIDEL.

It’s so darned easy to take the SEALs for granted, because they are men who would march into hell on our behalf. They are men who are sworn to defend their nation, men whose creed is so well-known: "I have been chosen to defend those who cannot defend themselves. If I am knocked down, I will get up. Every time. I am never out of the fight."

The Americans stormed in and grabbed this Hashim Abed character, risking gun-fire, booby traps, hidden bombs and God knows what else. Thereafter Hashim Abed instantly did what they all do – claimed be had been punched in the stomach by one of the SEALs. And then, later, that one of them had whacked him in the mouth and made his lip bleed.

Within days, three of the SEALs were informed they would face a court martial, charged with hitting a detainee, dereliction of duty, lying, and probably cheating, swearing, laughing, whatever. It was an entire litany of ‘offenses’ so utterly risible, and given Hashim Abed’s likely track record, the entire country should rise up in protest.

I know we have a bleeding-heart Liberal in the White House, but this situation is only just on the north side of lunacy.

Because every time one of these incidents finds its way into print, and America’s finest warriors are pilloried for their actions, it’s just more chipping away at their morale, their confidence, their sense of duty, and perhaps above all their belief in themselves and their country.

The SEALs mostly operate in places where they are up against mass-murders, killers, bombers and races of people, Arabs, Pashtuns, Pathans and Persians who profoundly wish us all dead.

Does it not beggar belief that these Liberals think they can be treated like law-abiding American citizens, rather than knife-wielding maniacs whose public vow is to see all of us either dead or converted to Islam?

It’s pointless trying to argue the case for the military, because no Liberal has ever been wrong about anything. Any one of them will tell you that. But it should be remembered that my non-fiction book, LONE SURVIVOR was so named because Marcus Luttrell was the only survivor. The other 19 American special combat heroes were all dead. And they were dead because Marcus and his team were afraid to make the tough military decision, because they might end up in jail for murder right here in the US of A.

The death of those 19 in Afghanistan was 100 percent down to Liberal views, philosophy and laws. And now there are three SEALs facing court-martial entirely on the word of a captured terrorist, at the urging of a vast but child-like section of the American electorate.

The names of the three, all Special Ops Petty Officers, the front line of US military muscle, are Matthew McCabe, 24; Jonathon Keefe, 25, from Yorktown. And Julio Huertas, 28.

Their Trial will almost certainly be held in Iraq where it is most convenient for their accuser, Hashim Abed. Never mind they are American citizens, and entitled to a trial right here at home in front of their peers. All I know is they seem right now to be playing in the face of a stacked deck.

And I will be making every effort to help them. I will donate to the costs of their defense with a percentage of my royalties from my next book, INTERCEPT – a thriller about Guantanamo Bay and beyond.

Right now I am constantly thinking about how this all came to pass. Who was the military officer who wrote down these terrible accusations against the SEALs – attacking their honor, their competence, trying to put them behind bars for ‘failing to safeguard’ this appalling little terrorist? Just who the hell was this judicial midget?

I don’t suppose we will ever know. But I guess he knows. And he probably has many years to contemplate his accusations, made so vividly against the SEALs.

He’ll probably go to his grave still considering the day he raised his hand against Matthew, Jonathan and Julio, his own countrymen, who, in the face of terrible danger, were just trying to do their best.

Whoever that officer is, may God have mercy upon his soul.

--Patrick Robinson : February 2010

To pre-order Intercept, visit amazon.com, or click the link below. Some of the proceeds will be given to help defend the SEALs.

http://www.amazon.com/Intercept-Patrick-Robinson/dp/1593155840/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1266335024&sr=8-1 (http://www.amazon.com/Intercept-Patrick-Robinson/dp/1593155840/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1266335024&sr=8-1)

Amazon.com: Intercept (9781593155841): Patrick Robinson: Books
www.amazon.com

If anyone on Fb wants to get these updates, too, then just become a fan of Marcus Luttrell's book Lone Survivor. Here's hte link, it's well worth:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=feed&story_fbid=723517603016&id=25510371#!/group.php?gid=42753031876

County Mike
02-17-2010, 03:48 PM
This stuff really ticks me off. I just ordered "Lone Survivor" on audio CD. (Never have time to read so I listen to books while driving.)

If the new book comes out on CD, I'll likely order that too. Hopefully proceeds from that will also go to help defend the SEALs.

NateR
02-17-2010, 03:52 PM
This is why Liberals are the scum of the earth.

Llamafighter
02-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Luttrell's book changed a lot of my views with his inside peek into the life and the constant risk these SEALS take.
This story ticks me off.

Llamafighter
02-17-2010, 03:57 PM
This is why Liberals are the scum of the earth.

was the officer that turned them in a liberal?

NateR
02-17-2010, 05:15 PM
was the officer that turned them in a liberal?

Even if he isn't, he's acting like one, which is just as bad.

TexasRN
02-17-2010, 05:26 PM
I got it in my FB inbox too. Stories like this just anger me beyond words. How dare someone make these guys out to be anything other than heroes.....

~Amy

Llamafighter
02-17-2010, 05:47 PM
Even if he isn't, he's acting like one, which is just as bad.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
that's true

atomdanger
02-18-2010, 12:55 AM
Didn't we discuss this already?

The problem wasn't what they did, but they all made false reports and lied on record.
Its a no no.

*shrug*
I have no problems with roughing up bad guys,
but in the US if I lie in court paperwork I face felony charges.
The same rules should apply to soldiers. Be honest in your paperwork/reports.

TENNESSEAN
02-18-2010, 04:31 AM
Didn't we discuss this already?

The problem wasn't what they did, but they all made false reports and lied on record.
Its a no no.

*shrug*
I have no problems with roughing up bad guys,
but in the US if I lie in court paperwork I face felony charges.
The same rules should apply to soldiers. Be honest in your paperwork/reports.

you need to lay off the rainbow stew and come back to the real world.

atomdanger
02-18-2010, 05:53 AM

Right, so you're fine with people committing felonies?
Or?
I have no problem with them roughing the guy up,
but falsifying reports IS NOT something they should be doing.

Rev
02-18-2010, 07:24 AM
Right, so you're fine with people committing felonies?
Or?
I have no problem with them roughing the guy up,
but falsifying reports IS NOT something they should be doing.

I used to work as a prision guard and people would falsify reports all the time but they didnt call it that, they called it "building a case":laugh:

Play The Man
02-18-2010, 07:35 AM

:laugh:

atomdanger
02-18-2010, 08:29 AM
I used to work as a prision guard and people would falsify reports all the time but they didnt call it that, they called it "building a case":laugh:

Doesn't mean they weren't doing wrong.