PDA

View Full Version : Special Olympic Athlete Letter to Matt

Shane Lee 2
02-15-2010, 06:09 AM
The following is a letter from Michael Todd of the special Olympic powerlifting team in Mobile, AL. He gave this letter to my Bro-N-Law and he sent it to me so I could pass it on to Matt. Matt has this letter by e-mail. ( I could not upload the PDF to the site so I typed it just as the letter was written)

“I have a birthday coming up in March 21. And I want know I get one of those UFC T-shirt My size is 2x and xl
My two favorite ufc fighter is Mike Huge and Ice Man – Chuck
I watch UFC everytime on tv
I dream to be a UFC fighter”

At the time I sent the e-mail and letter Matt was more than likely warming up with Robbie for his fight with Melvin. Right before the fights I received an e-mail that from Matt’s blackberry that said, “I don't have a ufc shirt. I have my own so just tell me what u want to do.” I suggested just sending one of his shirts and an autograph. He said he just needed an address.

I am not much of a nut hugger but I believe that credit should be given when it is due. Although Matt has a new baby, was helping Robbie, is training himself, and helping his team he still took time out of his busy schedule to show this young athlete he cares and appreciates him. He not only took time to send it once, it came back (I guess some anonymous guy gave him a bad address lol), and he sent it again. This makes me proud to call Matt a friend.

The package arrived at my in-laws yesterday. Once it has been presented to the young man, I will hopefully have some pictures to share.

I think we can all appreciate this story and gain something positive from it.

TexasRN
02-15-2010, 11:13 AM
That is exactly the guy I saw at Walter Reed hospital and at the Intrepid Center. He goes above and beyond and does it with a smile. He's a fantastic role model and I'm proud to know him as a human being, not just as a famous athlete.

~Amy

Silverback
02-15-2010, 11:21 AM
The following is a letter from Michael Todd of the special Olympic powerlifting team in Mobile, AL. He gave this letter to my Bro-N-Law and he sent it to me so I could pass it on to Matt. Matt has this letter by e-mail. ( I could not upload the PDF to the site so I typed it just as the letter was written)

“I have a birthday coming up in March 21. And I want know I get one of those UFC T-shirt My size is 2x and xl
My two favorite ufc fighter is Mike Huge and Ice Man – Chuck
I watch UFC everytime on tv
I dream to be a UFC fighter”

At the time I sent the e-mail and letter Matt was more than likely warming up with Robbie for his fight with Melvin. Right before the fights I received an e-mail that from Matt’s blackberry that said, “I don't have a ufc shirt. I have my own so just tell me what u want to do.” I suggested just sending one of his shirts and an autograph. He said he just needed an address.

I am not much of a nut hugger but I believe that credit should be given when it is due. Although Matt has a new baby, was helping Robbie, is training himself, and helping his team he still took time out of his busy schedule to show this young athlete he cares and appreciates him. He not only took time to send it once, it came back (I guess some anonymous guy gave him a bad address lol), and he sent it again. This makes me proud to call Matt a friend.

The package arrived at my in-laws yesterday. Once it has been presented to the young man, I will hopefully have some pictures to share.

I think we can all appreciate this story and gain something positive from it.

Yes that is something one should appreciate, I guess it comes from being raised in the country, makes your day to hear what was done,:applause::applause::applause:

Irish Pride
02-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Very kind thing to do. :)

CAMPO
02-15-2010, 01:50 PM
aweeee!! That is sooo dang sweet! :)

matt hughes
02-15-2010, 07:24 PM
dont everyone go thinkin im a good guy.... he just caught me on a good day.

Shane Lee 2
02-15-2010, 07:38 PM

You can say that again LOL :Whistle:

TexasRN
02-15-2010, 07:44 PM

Well I guess I could tell the story of how you and Fiore were arguing over the sammiches at Walter Reed if that would make you feel better.

~Amy

VCURamFan
02-15-2010, 07:46 PM

Don't worry, Matt, they never had me fooled for a second! :cool:

J.B.
02-16-2010, 03:51 AM
very cool stuff! :)

Llamafighter
02-16-2010, 12:15 PM
This story doesn't surprise me, but it always impresses me.

Shane I look forward to seeeing the pics! are you in Australia with Foster?

Shane Lee 2
02-17-2010, 03:06 AM
This story doesn't surprise me, but it always impresses me.

Shane I look forward to seeeing the pics! are you in Australia with Foster?

Man he asked me to go and I really really really wanted too but I set up a fundraiser for the charity and the young lady named Jennifer at the Gameness Fights in Nashville on the 20th and there was no way I could let her or the charity down and not do it. But at least my logo is there on his banner and he is always good about mentioning us. God gives us choices so we can see who we really are.......

Shane Lee 2
03-09-2010, 12:06 AM
My Bro-n-law, Clint King, recently presented the items Hughes sent to Michael. The Mobile Alabama Newspaper was on hand to record the event. It made his day!:happydancing:

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae188/headhunter1975/MichaelToddandClintKing.jpg

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae188/headhunter1975/DSC_0003.jpg

Llamafighter
03-09-2010, 01:57 AM
Awesome! I couldn't be prouder to be a Hughes fan!

Silverback
03-09-2010, 02:45 AM
Awesome! I couldn't be prouder to be a Hughes fan!

Yes Sir, I am with you on that Brother, I wear my hat everyday, Team Hughes:cool::cool::cool:

Miss Foxy
03-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Matt you are a good guy!! That was a nice thing to do!!!:)

Miss Foxy
03-09-2010, 05:18 PM
My Bro-n-law, Clint King, recently presented the items Hughes sent to Michael. The Mobile Alabama Newspaper was on hand to record the event. It made his day!:happydancing:

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae188/headhunter1975/MichaelToddandClintKing.jpg

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae188/headhunter1975/DSC_0003.jpg

I have tears in my eyes.. Kudos to all involved in making this happen!! :wink:

Shoots like a girl
03-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Wow, Matt Hughes, always a class act!!! Hat is off to you Matt!~

Spiritwalker
03-09-2010, 08:27 PM
It's really cool that something so small can mean so much...

Matt being the type of person to just say..."What do you need"...

that's very cool.