PDA

View Full Version : What is the strangest thing in your fridge?

DonnaMaria
02-15-2010, 02:38 AM
:laugh:

I have a Luna moth caterpillar that is ďwinteringĒ ( in a cocoon) in the crisper drawer in my refrigerator! My girls found it last fall. My neighbors son is going to grad school to be an entomologist ( bug guy ) and he gave the girls directions on how to have it hibernate in our fridge for the winter. And apparently in a few months we will pull it out and then, hopefully it hatch and become a Luna moth. Hopefully. Otherwise I will have had this bug taking up salad space for nothing! :angry:

Itís kind of gross and I have to make sure that I donít take it out when I am putting away the groceries! But it isnít the strangest thing that I have had in my fridge ever.

That honor goes to the bat that was once in my freezer. My uncle was over once to remove a bat that had flown into my basement! And it ended up biting him!:scared0011: Animal control told him to catch it and kill it and hold onto it until it could be tested for rabies! So he did! It was in my freezer for 2 weeks in a Shoprite bag until someone from the county came to pick it up!

I made the guy go and retrieve it! I wasnít touching it!!!!

Luckily for my uncle it wasn't rabid!

Neezar
02-15-2010, 03:24 AM
Gross!!!!

MattHughesRocks
02-15-2010, 03:32 AM
You win!

Chuck
02-15-2010, 03:44 AM
I have a freezer full of frozen rats... Does that count?

MattHughesRocks
02-15-2010, 03:49 AM
What is the matter with you people?!

VCURamFan
02-15-2010, 03:53 AM
I think the "weirdest" thing I've got is mold. :blink:

DonnaMaria
02-15-2010, 02:26 PM
No one else has anything funky in their fridge?!?

Oh I don't believe that for a minute!!!!!:angry:

Mac must have something strange.........

or definately DAVE!!!!!! Maybe some Spotted Dick!:w00t:
He has got to have something!!!!!!!

TexasRN
02-15-2010, 02:36 PM
In the past I have been known to keep earthworms in the fridge. That's the weirdest thing and I haven't done that in many, many years. I guess I need to get a pole and take up fishing again.

~Amy

Twinsmama
02-15-2010, 02:46 PM
I don't think it's weird but we had a deer head in the freezer for about a month until we could get it to the taxidermist. It was in a garbage bag not just sitting there staring at you everytime you opened the door to grab a steak!

My neighbor had a rattlesnake he caught behind my house in his freezer. He put it in there alive...i don't know why.

Mac
02-15-2010, 03:03 PM
No one else has anything funky in their fridge?!?

Oh I don't believe that for a minute!!!!!:angry:

Mac must have something strange.........

or definately DAVE!!!!!! Maybe some Spotted Dick!:w00t:
He has got to have something!!!!!!!

LOL , something wierd , think of Mac lol.

Well im like twinsmama , Ive got a 12 point bucks head and hide in a trashbag in the deepfreeze right now , back when i coonhunted alot there would always be a trash bag of coonhides in there ever so often . Uhm tell ya what ,a ctually i think there ar 2 pheasants stuffed inside panty hose int hier right now waiting thier turn at the taxidermist also , the panty hose keeps the feathers down and flat .

So i guess there are some not so normal things in my freezer right now ,

a deer head , 2 pheasants and about 30 doves .

My mom works at a veterinary clinic sometimes when she isnt grooming dogs at the house and alot of times she will bring home vaccinations for her customers animals since alot of them are elderly and cant drive out of town to the veterinary office where she works . Shes not a vet , just a groomer but the vet clinics hire her to spend a day at thier clinic grooming thier customers animals . SO at any given time there are several different vaccines for dogs and horses in the butter drawer ha ha ha.

DonnaMaria
02-15-2010, 03:09 PM
See Mac!!!!! I was right!!!!!:w00t:

You did not disappoint me!!!!! :) Thank you!

And I only thought you had strange stuff in your fridge because you hunt. All hunters do. :laugh: It was nothing personal about YOU!

And anyway, what does my fridge say about ME?!?:scared0011: I don't hunt and I think I'm pretty typical. But I have a cocoon in mine right now!:scared0011: And I've HAD a bat body!

Of course I am Sicilian..........there was bound to be a body in my freezer at some point in my life...........

Twinsmama
02-15-2010, 03:10 PM
in the butter drawer ha ha ha.

we used to keep the wormer for our pigs in the butter drawer. really who actually uses it for butter??:laugh:

bradwright
02-15-2010, 04:29 PM
i have a couple of American beers in my fridge right now.....sitting right next to my Canadian beer no less!...and i dont know for the life of me how they ever got in there :unsure-1:....how weird is that ?

Oddtodd76
02-15-2010, 04:30 PM
I got nuthin to top you guys!:laugh:

flo
02-15-2010, 04:34 PM
You win!

Hands down!

CAVEMAN
02-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Breast milk! :scared0011::scared0011:

TexasRN
02-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Breast milk! :scared0011::scared0011:

That's only strange if it's someone else's....:laugh:

~Amy

TexasRN
02-15-2010, 04:47 PM
I just remembered that I once kept a batch of turkey nuts in mine so the guys could fry them up that weekend. They were actually pretty tasty. :ashamed:

~Amy

Mac
02-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Ohh , dont know how wierd it is but ive also got a cup full of Buckeyes frozen in water . You have to "winter" the buckeyes before you plant them so you can get trees, The seeds must frreze and crack so you can get them to grow., Or so i was told.

surveyorshawn
02-15-2010, 08:56 PM
Well, I have a bear, a couple of raccoons, 3 bobcats, 2 red foxes, a red squirrel, a flying squirrel, a few deer capes, and a small octopus, lol. At one time I had a bat and about 30 large rattlesnakes until my old freezer unexpectedly went out, and they all ruined. I also have meat from the bear and deer, which we have been eating on all year.

surveyorshawn
02-15-2010, 08:58 PM
Oh yeah, and a hog, dang, I bet it isn't any good now, I was supposed to take it to the butcher but forgot about it!!!

Tyburn
02-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Nothing. I have next to nothing in my fridge.

I have a packet of mince shoved into the icebox because I have no freezer, I have a bag of breaded chicken portions, which again oughta be frozen but as I shall use them later tonight it wont matter, and a load of cheese slices.

I keep my milk on the side because its cold enough in this current clime and I get through it so quickly anyway it doesnt have a chance to go off.

I discovered the best way to ensure I only eat as planned, is not to have food in the house. I'm too lazy in the middle of the night to go the few moments walk to the 24hr store...and I cant eat it if it dont exist can I

:)

MattHughesRocks
02-15-2010, 10:54 PM
Amy! Your ****ing nasty! :scared:

I just remembered that I once kept a batch of turkey nuts in mine so the guys could fry them up that weekend. They were actually pretty tasty. :ashamed:

~Amy

TexasRN
02-15-2010, 10:59 PM
Amy! Your ****ing nasty! :scared:

No, I'm just from Texas. :huh: If you didn't know what it was and I breaded it and deep fried it at a cookout, you'd love them. :laugh:

~Amy

DonnaMaria
02-15-2010, 11:22 PM
No, I'm just from Texas. :huh: If you didn't know what it was and I breaded it and deep fried it at a cookout, you'd love them. :laugh:

~Amy

:scared0011::w00t:
Oh! Oh they are REAL turkey nuts then?!? wow! I thought that was just some kind of Texas talk for ..........something else........

After Mac said the buckeyes weren't REAL buck EYES.......I didn't think the turkey nuts would be ........real...........nuts.........

J.B.
02-15-2010, 11:26 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/kwalzak/tapatio.jpg

TexasRN
02-15-2010, 11:27 PM
:scared0011::w00t:
Oh! Oh they are REAL turkey nuts then?!? wow! I thought that was just some kind of Texas talk for ..........something else........

After Mac said the buckeyes weren't REAL buck EYES.......I didn't think the turkey nuts would be ........real...........nuts.........

They are the REAL thing....turkey testicles. Like mountain oysters....I think I like this extra periods at the end of sentences thing.....seems mysterious....like I might have more to imply behind the words....:w00t:

~Amy

MattHughesRocks
02-15-2010, 11:30 PM
Yeah, remind me to never go to a cookout with you! You'd be slippin' me some balls! :scared0011:

~Amy

DonnaMaria
02-15-2010, 11:32 PM
They are the REAL thing....turkey testicles. Like mountain oysters....I think I like this extra periods at the end of sentences thing.....seems mysterious....like I might have more to imply behind the words....:w00t:

~Amy

Yeah........I love just letting the sentence linger..............

It makes the mind wander.............

TexasRN
02-15-2010, 11:32 PM
Yeah, remind me to never go to a cookout with you! You'd be slippin' me some balls! :scared0011:

Balls are great. You should try 'em sometime. :w00t:

~Amy

DonnaMaria
02-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Oh yeah, and a hog, dang, I bet it isn't any good now, I was supposed to take it to the butcher but forgot about it!!!

Okay I think maybe YOU are the winner!!!!:laugh: Definately with QUANTITY and the assorted "stuff!

Although Amy's turkey nuts might take the award for "Most Origional Item!"

DonnaMaria
02-15-2010, 11:37 PM

I'm sure Amy wouldn't be the only one who would want to feed you some.........nuts..............at a cookout............

:Whistle:

TexasRN
02-15-2010, 11:50 PM
I'm sure Amy wouldn't be the only one who would want to feed you some.........nuts..............at a cookout............

:Whistle:

She may have eaten some at cookouts in the past and just not realized.....exactly.....what they were....:Whistle:

Michelle, you've had hushpuppies, right? Ever have any that weren't all dough, that just seemed 'different'? :laugh:

~Amy

Llamafighter
02-16-2010, 02:00 AM
I just noticed nail polish on one of our condiment shelves.

Primadawn
02-16-2010, 02:07 AM
I just noticed nail polish on one of our condiment shelves.

I would think that would make it thick...I keep my lipstick in the fridge in the summer.

MattHughesRocks
02-16-2010, 02:21 AM
I'd never eat something with the word "puppy" in it either:sick:

Just forget it Amy...I'm NOT eating those balls!:laugh:

She may have eaten some at cookouts in the past and just not realized.....exactly.....what they were....:Whistle:

Michelle, you've had hushpuppies, right? Ever have any that weren't all dough, that just seemed 'different'? :laugh:

~Amy

County Mike
02-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Bunch of amateurs.

We've got some Greek yogurt in our fridge.

surveyorshawn
02-16-2010, 12:18 PM
Bunch of amateurs.

We've got some Greek yogurt in our fridge.

I'm not sure if I want to ask what that is before breakfast....lol

Silverback
02-16-2010, 12:40 PM
I'm not sure if I want to ask what that is before breakfast....lol

:sick::scratchchin::sign0094:you are so right

County Mike
02-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Haha. It's just yogurt but thicker and worse tasting.

Llamafighter
02-16-2010, 01:21 PM

It makes good spackle in a pinch!
just kidding it's good but has to have some fruit added to it.

Mac
02-16-2010, 02:41 PM

Arf lol . I cant stand the taste of yogurt anyways , i cant imagine how bad that stuff is! Ive tried all the fruity yogurts , then Becky tells me shes got some boston cream pie yogurt and its awsome , so i try it and man that stuff is just nasty no matter how they flavor it . Plus it smells like vomit , yuk dont like yogurt lol

Silverback
02-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Arf lol . I cant stand the taste of yogurt anyways , i cant imagine how bad that stuff is! Ive tried all the fruity yogurts , then Becky tells me shes got some boston cream pie yogurt and its awsome , so i try it and man that stuff is just nasty no matter how they flavor it . Plus it smells like vomit , yuk dont like yogurt lol

Mac you know the old saying,"If it smells like fish, eat it, if it smells like vomit, dont eat it".:cool::cool::cool:

VCURamFan
02-16-2010, 04:27 PM

Well, it is milk that they let go bad on purpose...

Primadawn
02-16-2010, 04:29 PM
Mac you know the old saying,"If it smells like fish, eat it, if it smells like vomit, dont eat it".:cool::cool::cool:

I don't think that's how that saying goes....:unsure-1:

eric84
02-16-2010, 07:30 PM
One time my roommate had bought a package of strawberries and left them at the front of the refrigerator. Every time you opened it you would see them right there on his side of the fridge. Well after a few weeks they were getting moldy but I didn't think anything of it because he saw them EVERY day. I figured he was doing it for a class or an experiment of some sort. They were in there for about 5 months and you couldn't see any strawberries, just a big fur of mold(looked like a chia pet of mold). Finally i asked him what he was doing with them and he goes " I thought they were yours... "

TexasRN
02-16-2010, 07:32 PM
One time my roommate had bought a package of strawberries and left them at the front of the refrigerator. Every time you opened it you would see them right there on his side of the fridge. Well after a few weeks they were getting moldy but I didn't think anything of it because he saw them EVERY day. I figured he was doing it for a class or an experiment of some sort. They were in there for about 5 months and you couldn't see any strawberries, just a big fur of mold(looked like a chia pet of mold). Finally i asked him what he was doing with them and he goes " I thought they were yours... "

:vomit:

~Amy

DonnaMaria
02-16-2010, 09:28 PM

:scared0011:

okay maybe YOU win!:scared0011:

Silverback
02-16-2010, 09:31 PM
:scared0011:

okay maybe YOU win!:scared0011:

OK What do he win:scared0015::scared0015::scared0015:

adamt
02-17-2010, 12:09 AM
i've got ten doses of tetanus vaccine and 1000 cc of penicllin.

my taxidermy freezer is a different story... we won't go there

my vet freezer is a different story..... we castrate 1000's of calves in the fall and winter and save the nuts to have a "ball" and nut fry in the spring......

VCURamFan
02-17-2010, 02:38 AM
i've got ten doses of tetanus vaccine and 1000 cc of penicllin.

my taxidermy freezer is a different story... we won't go there

my vet freezer is a different story..... we castrate 1000's of calves in the fall and winter and save the nuts to have a "ball" and nut fry in the spring......

Send some to Michelle!!!! :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing:

Silverback
02-17-2010, 03:25 AM
I don't think that's how that saying goes....:unsure-1:

Enlighten me :Whistle::Whistle::Whistle:

County Mike
02-17-2010, 11:03 AM
Enlighten me :Whistle::Whistle::Whistle:

The way I heard it.

If it smells like fish, what a dish.
If it smells like cologne, leave it alone.

Personally, the less it smells like anything, the better.

Primadawn
02-17-2010, 02:33 PM
The way I heard it.

If it smells like fish, what a dish.
If it smells like cologne, leave it alone.

Personally, the less it smells like anything, the better.

Something like that...but I heard the first line as "Smells like fish..do as you wish"...

Now frankly, I would say...if it smells like fish...go to the doctor...it doesn't rhyme or anything..but I still think it's sound advice.