PDA

View Full Version : Alice in Chains

timmyja
02-14-2010, 06:10 AM
They get a lot of neg. publicity due to former bandmate's drug use, but are there any fans in the forums? Just curious... I heard they were doing a tour this summer

Buzzard
02-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Hell yeah. Was really into them back in the 90's. My old roommate was friends with the original bassist Mike Starr when he lived up in Seattle. I saw them at Lollapalooza in 93 out here in VA. Haven't listened to them much since Layne died. His vocals were excellent. Angry Chair would never have been written unless he went through what he did. I have their MTV Unplugged still on VHS. Time to dust it off again, thanks for reminding me.

Saw them on cable a few weeks ago with their new singer but didn't really listen that much as other stuff was going on.

Mac
02-14-2010, 01:59 PM
yup , love alice in chains , they are a band that had such an awsome sound that is totally unique and like no other.

MattHughesRocks
02-14-2010, 03:08 PM
I watch Dr. Drew Celebrity Rehab does that count?

J.B.
02-14-2010, 06:27 PM
They are a great band, it's too bad Layne didn't make some better choices because he would still be rocking today.

Miss Foxy
02-15-2010, 02:45 AM
Heck yeah I love Alice in Chains!!!

timmyja
02-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Yeah, I concur. It's a shame what drugs can do, though. They definitely had a unique sound that could range from incredibly melodic to intensely heavy. I like their newer stuff as well, tho it definitely isn't the same knowing that Layne is gone. As for the Unplugged VHS, definitel dust it off! I'm going to try to find it on DVD.. Jerry Cantrell's solo stuff is good, too

Buzzard
02-15-2010, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I concur. It's a shame what drugs can do, though. They definitely had a unique sound that could range from incredibly melodic to intensely heavy. I like their newer stuff as well, tho it definitely isn't the same knowing that Layne is gone. As for the Unplugged VHS, definitel dust it off! I'm going to try to find it on DVD.. Jerry Cantrell's solo stuff is good, too

If you can't find it on DVD, I can easily copy it to DVD for you. Heck, you're not far from where I live so getting it to you would be no problem.

timmyja
02-15-2010, 08:01 PM
Are you from VA?

Buzzard
02-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Are you from VA?

Yes. I sent you a PM.

Spiritwalker
02-16-2010, 05:59 PM
I got to hang with them with they opened for Ozzy.. "back in the day".. fun guys.. no serious drugs at the time.. just lots of drinking!!!

timmyja
02-19-2010, 05:42 PM
I got to hang with them with they opened for Ozzy.. "back in the day".. fun guys.. no serious drugs at the time.. just lots of drinking!!!

that's awesome. I was gonna try to catch their show in richmond, but they are already sold out. I might try to get tickets for the show in DC tho, if they aren't sold out, too

J.B.
02-19-2010, 08:16 PM

To my understanding, Layne Stayley was a heroin addict his whole career, probably longer. It's too bad.