PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe that 1990 was 20 years ago?

NateR
02-09-2010, 04:28 AM
Man, I feel old. :sad:

Oh yeah, my 20 year high school reunion is coming up next year. :scared0015:

Mac
02-09-2010, 04:30 AM

You know , theres a reason you feel old .:wink:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mac
02-09-2010, 04:46 AM
ohh cmon , that was a good one , dont leave the joke hanging in mid air , fire back with somethin lmao!

matthughesfan21
02-09-2010, 04:51 AM

Oh yeah, my 20th birthday is coming up this year:punch:

Just trying to make you feel a little more old:wink::laugh:

NateR
02-09-2010, 04:57 AM
ohh cmon , that was a good one , dont leave the joke hanging in mid air , fire back with somethin lmao!

Unfortunately, I can't think of anything to disagree with. I am old. :)

Mac
02-09-2010, 05:03 AM

Cmon Nate , its not as funny when i have to put myself down for you , Ill give you some starting points , Im losing my hair , im turning 30 this month , youve always got the hole goat epidemic to fall back on . :laugh::laugh::laugh:

NateR
02-09-2010, 05:08 AM
Cmon Nate , its not as funny when i have to put myself down for you , Ill give you some starting points , Im losing my hair , im turning 30 this month , youve always got the hole goat epidemic to fall back on . :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well, I've never been good at the whole insulting my friends thing; but I am taking notes on your list there, so I should have an adequate response for next time. :wink:

Mark
02-09-2010, 05:09 AM
youve always got the hole goat epidemic to fall back on . :laugh::laugh::laugh:

What are you talking about?

NateR
02-09-2010, 05:13 AM

Yeah, I don't recall any correlations being made between Mac and goats, so that was a new one to me as well. :unsure:

Neezar
02-09-2010, 05:44 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Neezar
02-09-2010, 05:45 AM

I am older than you. :sad:

NateR
02-09-2010, 05:58 AM
I am older than you. :sad:

Imagine how Michelle is going to feel when she reads this thread. :unsure-1:

:Whistle:

Buzzard
02-09-2010, 06:09 AM

You young whippersnappers and your talk of being old. I still feel like a teenager inside, my body tells me otherwise though.

VCURamFan
02-09-2010, 03:37 PM
Just to help put everything in perspective for ya', Nate, here's a list of the important stuff from 1990:

Movies:

Dances with Wolves
Days of Thunder
Dick Tracy
Die Hard 2
Ghost
Godfather III
Goodfellas
Home Alone
The Hunt for Red October
Pretty Woman
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Total Recall

Novels:

Jurassic Park
The Bourne Ultimatum

Video Games:

Super Mario World
Final Fantasy III
Commander Keen 1-3 (I used to love this game as a kid!!)
Test Drive III

Money:

Gas was $1.34/gallon
A cell phone was $325

History:

The Gulf War began
Germany re-united
Somking banned on domestic flights
X rating replaced with NC-17
Spotted Owls vs. the Logging industry
Dr. Kavorkian kills his first
Hubble telescope launched
Jim Henson died

Twinsmama
02-09-2010, 04:01 PM
yes nate you need to hurry and get married and start having kids.....

speaking of which where is Michelle???:laugh::laugh:

Besides you are not old you are just wise and mature!!!

Llamafighter
02-09-2010, 04:06 PM

I think mac is saying that he has some affection towards goats.:unsure-1:

We should run with that :w00t:

MattHughesRocks
02-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Are you kidding? I'm laughing my ass off.All you "young" people feeling old.Hell I can still do somersaults and I can go all. night. long. :w00t:

MattHughesRocks
02-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Bite your tongue! I'm too old to be woken up in the middle of the night for babies!:blink:

yes nate you need to hurry and get married and start having kids.....

speaking of which where is Michelle???:laugh::laugh:

Besides you are not old you are just wise and mature!!!

VCURamFan
02-09-2010, 04:31 PM
Hell I can still do somersaults and I can go all. night. long. :w00t:

Bite your tongue! I'm too old to be woken up in the middle of the night for babies!:blink:
I'm getting conflicting messages here...:unsure-1:

MattHughesRocks
02-09-2010, 04:44 PM
I'm still young enough for fun stuff.Too old for sucky stuff :frantics:

I'm getting conflicting messages here...:unsure-1:

VCURamFan
02-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Man, you've hit the age sweet-spot!! :w00t:

MattHughesRocks
02-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Yeah, I'm in my prime :laugh:

Man, you've hit the age sweet-spot!! :w00t:

VCURamFan
02-09-2010, 04:53 PM
Yeah, I'm in my prime :laugh:
Yeah, something like that...:Whistle:

Twinsmama
02-09-2010, 05:04 PM

:laugh::laugh: I feel the same way!! :laugh::laugh:

CAMPO
02-09-2010, 06:07 PM
20 years....thanks Nate for putting it into perspective & reminding me that my 10 yr HS Reunion is this summer. =P

No worries though...I'm not dreading getting older...I try to embrace each year & learn more & experience what this life has in store for me....NOT claiming that the aging process doesn't annoy me at times - but it is what it is..."ain't nothin' I can do!" Can't Fight it...:punch:

Maldonado136
02-09-2010, 07:05 PM

me too! mine is in two weeks i think.

Maldonado136
02-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Just to help put everything in perspective for ya', Nate, here's a list of the important stuff from 1990:

Movies:
[LIST]
Dances with Wolves
Days of Thunder
Dick Tracy
Die Hard 2
Ghost
Godfather III
Goodfellas
Home Alone
The Hunt for Red October
Pretty Woman
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Total Recall

Novels:

Jurassic Park
The Bourne Ultimatum

Video Games:

Super Mario World
Final Fantasy III
Commander Keen 1-3 (I used to love this game as a kid!!)
Test Drive III

this just shows how awesome the 90s were. at least to me anyway. music was great, movies were great, tv shows were great. this last decade has be awful when it comes to those things.

Llamafighter
02-09-2010, 07:24 PM
I'm loving my 30's, actually:)

VCURamFan
02-09-2010, 07:44 PM
this just shows how awesome the 90s were. at least to me anyway. music was great, movies were great, tv shows were great. this last decade has be awful when it comes to those things.
Yeah, & this was just in 1990 alone, not counting anything else that happened in the next 9yrs of the decade.

County Mike
02-09-2010, 08:01 PM
I graduated in 1991.

College that is.

You're only as old as the person you feel.

Black Mamba
02-09-2010, 08:02 PM
I'm going to be turning 21 this year. :happydancing: Woohooo Vegas here I come! Thunder from Down Under here I come!

The 90s rocked. I'm glad I grew up during that era. These last 10 years, I don't envy the youngsters who grew up in it.

Tyburn
02-19-2010, 08:54 PM
:unsure: I dont remember much in a logical order until about 1993...before then I really just have broken memories which arent in any order really :laugh:

NateR
02-19-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm going to be turning 21 this year. :happydancing: Woohooo Vegas here I come! Thunder from Down Under here I come!

The 90s rocked. I'm glad I grew up during that era. These last 10 years, I don't envy the youngsters who grew up in it.

I didn't think any decade could be as bad as the 90s, until we got to the 00's.

The 80s were the decade to grow up in.

Black Mamba
02-20-2010, 02:54 AM
I didn't think any decade could be as bad as the 90s, until we got to the 00's.

My Mom told me I would have fit in perfect in the 80s since I love 80s music so much. So it might have been the perfect decade for me to grow up in.

From a technological stand point, I'm glad I grew up in the 90s. Computers sky rocketed during that time. I remember getting our first computer and having high speed internet (Cox). Cartoons were awesome during the 90s too. And I'll also say the 90s was the last true decade for kids to be kids.

From a world stand point, yes the 90s weren't so hot. I remember the times of my Dad being gone for 6 months at time on the ship to the middle east. He was part of the crew protecting the no fly zone, they were on 5 minute alert. I remember the West Pacs he went on...the 90s at times were rough also.

mscomc
02-20-2010, 05:15 AM
In continuing with how great the 90's were....

What were some of your guy's favourite TV shows? Seeing is how im 24.., favourite cartoons were:

1) pinky and the brain
2) anamaninacs
3) Batman: the animated series
4) teenage mutant ninja turtles

... please tell me someone else remembers these :laugh:

Mac
02-20-2010, 05:48 AM

Ditto

Had the saturday night music video show " Night Flight" , Big wheels , The Fall guy on tv

NateR
02-20-2010, 05:53 AM

What were some of your guy's favourite TV shows? Seeing is how im 24.., favourite cartoons were:

1) pinky and the brain
2) anamaninacs

The best cartoons of all time came out of the 80s:

1. GI Joe
2. Transformers
3. He-Man
4. Thundercats
5. Silverhawks

Even the short-lived Star Wars spin-off cartoons, Ewoks and Droids, were better than anything that came out of the 90s.

Tyburn
02-20-2010, 12:48 PM
2) anamaninacs

:ashamed: I Recall :laugh:

VCURamFan
02-20-2010, 03:45 PM

1) pinky and the brain
2) anamaninacs

Technically speaking, Pinky & the Brain were part of the Anamaniacs, much like Bugs & Daffy were part of Loony Toons. :laugh:

mscomc
02-20-2010, 05:44 PM
The best cartoons of all time came out of the 80s:

1. GI Joe
2. Transformers
3. He-Man
4. Thundercats
5. Silverhawks

Even the short-lived Star Wars spin-off cartoons, Ewoks and Droids, were better than anything that came out of the 90s.

Man! you ARE old!!! :laugh:

i used to watch GI JOE and transformer re-runs all the time as a kid. Hey, I know its not from the 80's technically, but...did you ever watch the X-MEN cartoon?

mscomc
02-20-2010, 05:47 PM
Technically speaking, Pinky & the Brain were part of the Anamaniacs, much like Bugs & Daffy were part of Loony Toons. :laugh:

ahhhh TOUCHE! it was still a good show:) you know all this 90's talk, i started watching old animaniac clips. Hindsight, its realllllly funny. They have so many little cameos, by real people (like bill clinton playing the sax, remember?).

heres one thats good, it even has that guy freakazoid in it (remember him?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NLrjVnMO7k :laugh::laugh:

Mac
02-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Ok , here is reaching back in the archives , Only a handful of folks here will even remember this . Im betting Nater knows it .

It was on pbs , and seeing as how we only had 3 channels lol , we watched pbs .

Name of the show was The write Channel with Rb Bugg . The thing that sticks in my head the most is the Palabra Jot Bugg said at the end . It started back in the 70's but pbs ran it well into the 80's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GeQv1eWm-o

NateR
02-20-2010, 11:46 PM
did you ever watch the X-MEN cartoon?

Yes, I hated it. Only because I had been reading the X-Men comics for over 8 years at the time and the cartoon butchered all the storylines.

I was 19 or 20 when the X-Men cartoon premiered.

Black Mamba
02-20-2010, 11:49 PM

1) pinky and the brain
2) anamaninacs

I miss those shows....:cry:

Also can't forget:

Darkwing Duck, The Beetleborgs, Power Rangers (the OG one), Goosebumps, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Tail Spin, The Jetsons, Gargoyles, Aladdin: The Series, Flintstones, Guts, Global GUTS, Double Dare (not the 2000 ones), Figure It Out, All That (the first series not the newer one), Ren and Stimpy, Cat Dog, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Josie and the Pussycats, Speedracer, Scooby Doo, Blues Clues (Steve in it), Arthur, The Magic School Bus, Winnie the Who, Salior Moon, The Amanda Show, Clarissa Explains It All....

I know there's more. :laugh: And yes I was a tv junkie back then, I knew the schedule by heart. Now I'm a reality show and Neil Patrick Harris junkie.

NateR
02-21-2010, 12:26 AM
Ok , here is reaching back in the archives , Only a handful of folks here will even remember this . Im betting Nater knows it .

It was on pbs , and seeing as how we only had 3 channels lol , we watched pbs .

Name of the show was The write Channel with Rb Bugg . The thing that sticks in my head the most is the Palabra Jot Bugg said at the end . It started back in the 70's but pbs ran it well into the 80's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GeQv1eWm-o

I do remember that show.

Speaking of PBS, does anyone else remember Commander Mark?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-Igf5O6Bfg

This was the show that actually inspired me to start drawing back in the mid-80s.

mscomc
02-21-2010, 12:32 AM
I miss those shows....:cry:

Also can't forget:

Darkwing Duck, The Beetleborgs, Power Rangers (the OG one), Goosebumps, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Tail Spin, The Jetsons, Gargoyles, Aladdin: The Series, Flintstones, Guts, Global GUTS, Double Dare (not the 2000 ones), Figure It Out, All That (the first series not the newer one), Ren and Stimpy, Cat Dog, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Josie and the Pussycats, Speedracer, Scooby Doo, Blues Clues (Steve in it), Arthur, The Magic School Bus, Winnie the Who, Salior Moon, The Amanda Show, Clarissa Explains It All....

I know there's more. :laugh: And yes I was a tv junkie back then, I knew the schedule by heart. Now I'm a reality show and Neil Patrick Harris junkie.

man, i still love a good arthur episode. I watch it with my neices and nephews all the time. "the brain" was the best.

Rev
02-21-2010, 01:33 AM
I miss the 80s sometimes. Music and tv shows rocked and the Movies, well, Wow!

Rev
02-21-2010, 01:34 AM
The cartoons and kid shows started getting trashy in the 90s.

Silverback
02-21-2010, 02:23 AM
I think mac is saying that he has some affection towards goats.:unsure-1:

We should run with that :w00t:

Saying a affection is quite the understatement, and Mac, as we fixed the water in your goat "stable" today Mark, Nate, and myself came up with some good Mac goat jokes.:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011:I mean Mark and Nate, I dont know how myself got put in this post!!!

Mark
02-21-2010, 02:26 AM
Saying a affection is quite the understatement, and Mac, as we fixed the water in your goat "stable" today Mark, Nate, and myself came up with some good Mac goat jokes.:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011:I mean Mark and Nate, I dont know how myself got put in this post!!!

jokes and some statements are the truth.

Mac
02-21-2010, 02:36 AM
jokes and some statements are the truth.

When i talked to nate on the phone he said he found some dried up , used up , well lubed carcass laying beside the barn . ANd shaggy red hair all around . I think we know who has the problem here.

Silverback
02-21-2010, 02:52 AM
When i talked to nate on the phone he said he found some dried up , used up , well lubed carcass laying beside the barn . ANd shaggy red hair all around . I think we know who has the problem here.

I do not know in what you speak of,"carcass laying beside the barn", I was to busy trying to do the task at hand. But I can tell you there was a couple of them sporting some bling bling that said I belong to the man know as MAC DADDY, I ask what that was all about and all Mark would say was dont ask.:scared0011::scared0011::scared0011:

NateR
02-21-2010, 02:59 AM

So do you have April 1st marked on your calendar? :Whistle:

Mac
02-21-2010, 03:00 AM
So do you have April 1st marked on your calendar? :Whistle:

Yup Sure do !!!! Marks new kids are gonna be born right ? And from what i hear , Silverback has a whole litter on the way with the neighbors Beagle :laugh::laugh:

Silverback
02-21-2010, 03:07 AM
Yup Sure do !!!! Marks new kids are gonna be born right ? And from what i hear , Silverback has a whole litter on the way with the neighbors Beagle :laugh::laugh:

Sharp my friend sharp:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011:

Mac
02-21-2010, 03:10 AM
Sharp my friend sharp:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011:

Sharpest fork in the light socket !!

Silverback
02-21-2010, 03:24 AM
Sharpest fork in the light socket !!

Is that the same as the shortest fork in the goat socket.:scratchchin::scratchchin::scratchchin:

Silverback
02-21-2010, 03:43 AM
Wait a minute thats not Nate playing dress up is it?????
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=36&pictureid=407

NateR
02-21-2010, 06:30 AM

How did I get dragged into this?:scared0011:

This is payback for the whole auger wagon fiasco isn't it? :Whistle:

Silverback
02-21-2010, 01:38 PM
How did I get dragged into this?:scared0011:

This is payback for the whole auger wagon fiasco isn't it? :Whistle:

Ok we are even,Deal??:Whistle:

cubsfan47
02-21-2010, 03:06 PM

You both are young punks. At 62 the only thing I have to say is "Get off my lawn.":tongue0011:

Silverback
02-21-2010, 03:36 PM

What is that goat looking at, Darth or the boots????:mischievous::neenerneener::winking0071: