PDA

View Full Version : The Girl's Thread

Black Mamba
02-15-2009, 10:10 PM
I thought it would be about time to bring back to life the girl's thread. :cool:

First topic:
The one girly thing you can't live without?

For me it's my lipgloss. I gotta have it or else my lips feel naked.

Primadawn
02-15-2009, 10:25 PM
SHOES!!! And lipgloss too--I hear you Danelle!

mikthehick
02-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Necessities for a female :)

--body wash
--shampoo and conditioner
--hair gel or leave in conditioner
--straightening iron or hair dryer with diffuser
--lip gloss
--nail polish
--EYELINER!!! and mascara if you like it
--shadows
--lotion
--dove soap
--undies and bras
--clothes--hoodies, sweaters, jeans, tshirts, pj pants, workout stuff
--SHOES!!
--a matt hughes poster
--a comfy bed
--comfy couch
--a dog
--a horse
--a pair of boxing gloves
--pair of shin pads
--ipod
--music collection
--books
--magazines
--a car
--a place to live
--a guy if you want :wink:

If ya think of other stuff plz post :)

Chuck
02-15-2009, 10:37 PM
typical woman.... 30+ answers to the one thing you can't live without...

:D

VCURamFan
02-15-2009, 10:39 PM
NOTE TO SELF: Apparently my "essentials" list is dangerously close to that of most women!:scared0011:

Bonnie
02-15-2009, 10:42 PM

--body wash
--lip gloss
--nail polish
--shadows
--lotion
--dove soap
--undies and bras
--SHOES!!
--a matt hughes poster
--a comfy bed
--comfy couch
--a dog
--a horse
--pair of shin pads
--ipod
--music collection
--books
--magazines
--a car
--a place to live

A good bag to put all this stuff in! :laugh:

Get XXXLg to carry guy and horse :Whistle:

lyndsey823
02-15-2009, 10:44 PM
hmm, the one girly thing i can't live without?? that's a tough one, probably my perfume or lotion collection. can't leave the house without smelling good!

Spiritwalker
02-15-2009, 10:52 PM

:D

POINT Set and MATCH....

Winner!!!! Da Guys!!

medic92
02-15-2009, 11:01 PM

--body wash
--lip gloss
--nail polish
--shadows
--lotion
--dove soap
--undies and bras
--SHOES!!
--a matt hughes poster
--a comfy bed
--comfy couch
--a dog
--a horse
--pair of shin pads
--ipod
--music collection
--books
--magazines
--a car
--a place to live

I don't carry that much crap for two weeks out in a truck!

Spiritwalker
02-15-2009, 11:06 PM
I don't carry that much crap for two weeks out in a truck!

Just the Hughes Poster right?

VCURamFan
02-15-2009, 11:07 PM

:D http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/theace18/boom-headshot.jpg

mikthehick
02-16-2009, 02:16 AM
Whatever....don't blame me because I listed all the stuff that I love.

Besides, the girl's won here b/c you all infiltrated the girl's thread yet again...

Suck it up buttercups :punch:

Primadawn
02-16-2009, 03:27 AM
Yep. As per usual, the girl's thread is full of posts by wannabe's...:rolleyes:

mikthehick
02-16-2009, 03:29 AM

word

Spiritwalker
02-16-2009, 03:34 AM
Originally Posted by Primadawn
Yep. As per usual, the girl's thread is full of posts by wannabe's...

word

OWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

ok guys.. buddies.. MEN!!...

You have to admit.. that was a five point palm-exploding heart technique..

Doesn't seem to bad at first.. take 5 steps.. you die.

I used to have a bumbper sticker on my old jeep.. "Girls Kick Ass!"

And they do

(btw.. I got laid many times thanks to that sticker)

mikthehick
02-16-2009, 03:36 AM
Originally Posted by Primadawn

OWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

ok guys.. buddies.. MEN!!...

You have to admit.. that was a five point palm-exploding heart technique..

Doesn't seem to bad at first.. take 5 steps.. you die.

I used to have a bumbper sticker on my old jeep.. "Girls Kick Ass!"

And they do

(btw.. I got laid many times thanks to that sticker)

I can see your hidden writing without highlighting.....:duh:

Also in response to the aforementioned accusations about me not listing one thing but more like 25, sorry--I wasn't blessed with the gift of following directions, or spelling for that matter, but I can admit weakness.

And we do kick a$$, but I don't need to go into that. PT MMA training starts Monday!!!

que
02-16-2009, 04:12 AM
i'll tell you what the one and only answer on every woman's list should be:

a kitchen.

Primadawn
02-16-2009, 04:14 AM
Spoken like a guy who doesn't plan on getting laid anytime soon...:rolleyes:

MattHughesRocks
02-16-2009, 04:18 AM
The GIRL thread is back! :w00t:

MattHughesRocks
02-16-2009, 04:23 AM
One?

Lotion
Make up
good skin care
Expensive perfume
nail polish
flowers
hair dryer
curling iron
flat iron
good shampoo & conditioner
pretty smelling bath soap
a hammer

I'm counting that as one because there's still so much more :blink:

I thought it would be about time to bring back to life the girl's thread. :cool:

First topic:
The one girly thing you can't live without?

For me it's my lipgloss. I gotta have it or else my lips feel naked.

que
02-16-2009, 04:27 AM
Spoken like a guy who doesn't plan on getting laid anytime soon...:rolleyes:

i just got laid last night on valentines, right after she cooked me dinner... from the kitchen. nice try though

every woman needs to know their true place in the household

MattHughesRocks
02-16-2009, 04:38 AM
:sign0090:

i just got laid last night on valentines, right after she cooked me dinner... from the kitchen. nice try though

lyndsey823
02-16-2009, 04:39 AM
my mom passed down her horrible cooking skills to both my sister and i! thank goodness she and i both found guys who are great cooks. that is the one thing i wish i could do better!

Chuck
02-16-2009, 03:08 PM

better a wannabe then a has been...:cool:

:tongue0011:

Primadawn
02-16-2009, 05:27 PM
better a wannabe then a has been...:cool:

Ohhhhh no you didn't!

SOMEBODY better think about a certain something that I have before they go making snarky comments to ME!!!!

Spiritwalker
02-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Ohhhhh no you didn't!

SOMEBODY better think about a certain something that I have before they go making snarky comments to ME!!!!

"Snark You"

:wink:

que
02-16-2009, 10:11 PM
:sign0090:

Primadawn
02-16-2009, 10:34 PM
Cali, I love your sig--his ear looks like some sort of sea creature! It's train-wreck fascinating!

Black Mamba
02-16-2009, 11:58 PM

Whatever happen to not kissing and telling? :blink: I guess the standards are different for guys.

Chuck
02-17-2009, 12:27 AM
Whatever happen to not kissing and telling? :blink: I guess the standards are different for guys.

Hey when it's the kids first time they tend to get a little excited ;)

mikthehick
02-17-2009, 01:40 AM
Leave it to guys to spill the beans about everything :wink:

especially around their buddies

Bonnie
02-17-2009, 03:08 AM

Standards???...guys don't have standards. :blink:

lyndsey823
02-19-2009, 03:27 AM
ok, so i need to vent. big time. and i figured, what better place than the girls' thread right?? ok, this is going to be like one of Dave's posts, long! it's been a rough 2 weeks so if you care to read on, i warned you!!

ok, a little background. i've worked at my current job at the hospital for just over 6 years now. sterile processing. we clean and sterilize all the surgery trays, get the rooms ready for surgery, make sure the surgeons have what they want, blah blah blah. occasionally i get to scrub in and assist on cases, but anyway. christy, stephanie gurjit and i have all been there together for the 6 years. after years of waiting, the four of us finally took over, lol. christy is the supervisor for mornings and i am the assistant manager; steph is the supervisor on 3p-12midnight and gurjit is her assistant. mind you, i work in a department of all young women. i always tell people, if you hate drama, never work in a hospital!! i'm sure the rest of you medical people know what i am talking about.

anyway, the job comes with your typical gossip. i admit, i play into a bit. but stay out of it for the most part because of my title. well the past month both shifts have been talking between each other, your everyday complaints that so and so isn't doing their jobs, whatever. i can tell you that power is the one thing to strain a friendship of 6 years. it's like the 4 of us are divided now, christy and i on one side, the girls on the other. and the rest of the crew floats between. well, steph called about 2 weeks ago in a panic because gurjit and sara (who usually works mornings) got into a huge blowout. sara wasn't coming back in the department, gurjit was taunting her, and so on. so christy and i go to work to try and help diffuse the situation. they were each mad at each other for talking about the other, whatever. so, we get things settled down, sara and i are in the office talking. the other 3 girls come in and for whatever reason gurjit just flies off the handle. yelling, throwing things, saying she is going to kick sara's a**, screaming. then she goes after her, christy and steph are trying to hold this tiny little girl back, and she is just breaking their holds. i'm trying to push sara out the door, gurjit is screaming that she is going to kill her, sara telling me she has seen gurjit work out at the gym and she's a machine. (which made me laugh inside, i couldn't help it!) we get them separated finally, and sara realizes she forgot her purse. we go in there, gurjit comes flying out the side door, trying to get at her again. once again the 5 of us are in this scuffle, christy gets hit in the face, steph is freaking, and now sara is screaming at gurjit trying to get to her. it was a mad house! finally the nursing supervisor comes down after paging her for over an hour and makes sara go home. i'm beat, the girls are panicked, and we are watching one of our best friends, one of our team, totally fall apart in front of us. having known gurjit, that was NOT her that night. we all kind of felt there was something more to it.

ugh, hold on, my mom is calling. i'll finish this in a bit. i'm not done venting!!

que
02-19-2009, 03:58 AM

the same thing that happened to provoking the answer out of someone, i.e. primadawn.

don't push and you shall not get the answer. it's as simple as that. :laugh:

Primadawn
02-19-2009, 04:04 AM
the same thing that happened to provoking the answer out of someone, i.e. primadawn.

don't push and you shall not get the answer. it's as simple as that. :laugh:

What the hell?

lyndsey823
02-19-2009, 04:42 AM
ok, gotta finish my rant. so all this happened on a wednesday night. thursday morning HR calls the 5 of us in, says they are doing an investigation, keep our mouths shut. so of course the whole department is buzzing about what happened. and since we are so tight lipped about it, everyone thinks THEY did something and are getting fired. lame. it's funny how much people think of themselves and remember all their faults when they are kept in the dark.

well, friday night at 10:30 christy calls me, we have to go into work ASAP. on the way she tells me gurjit was arguing with her boyfriend on the phone, went into the locker room, and took 3 big handfuls of pills. she is refusing to let steph take her across the hospital to the ER. steph thinks we can help talk her into it. we get there and she is whacked. slurring her words, can barely sit up, but she wont go. out of nowhere she said she wants to see Ervin, MY boyfriend. i'm like, WTF??!! he was a paramedic for 8 years and ran a call on her once before we met and she trusts him. (whenever anyone gets sick they call him before their doctor, lol) so i call him and tell him what is going on, he of course comes in. takes one look at her and tells her she needs to get to the ER now, he's seen too many OD's and she needs to go. she says ok, but only if he takes her. they get down there and get her stabled, the doc puts her as a 5150, and they pump her stomach. it was crazy. they let us see her and she just looked horrific. so scary, we just sat with her until the doc convinces us to leave. ervin leaves and the 3 of us go down to fill out a happening report. not even 5 minutes later, who bursts through the door?? GURJIT. charcol crap running out of her mouth, down her gown. apparently her nurse got called away and no one is watching the 5150 who downed a bunch of pills!! she goes for steph's purse on the counter and before we can get across the rooms takes all of steph's lexapro. so anyway, long story short, yeah right, the police dept come get her and take her to mental health for a 3 day stay.

here comes monday, steph, christy and i get called into a meeting with administration. instead of them being sympathetic and concerned, you know how can they fix the problems, etc. they get mad at steph for leaving her pills unattended on the counter!! at me for getting my boyfriend involved and the 3 of us for not CALLING 911. the ER was a minute walk at most. well i have a mouth on me, start getting back at them for not providing us with proper support. where were the docs and nurses while a 5150 patient just gets up and walks away?? how THEIR nursing supervisor didn't respond to any of our pages and left us to deal with it. i was then asked to leave the room, lol. so anyway, they put gurjit on paid leave and the whole department is wondering what happened. one of the girls actually got mad at us for not telling her what happened. it's been rough!! i talked to gurjit yesterday, she seems to be doing better, i hope. but she is mad at steph, she says she made too big a deal out of it. UGH!!! it never ends!!

oh and to top everything off, we had to turn around open heart trays today. and guess who forgot to push the start button on the sterilizer??? yep, ME!!! so i got my butt chewed by the heart surgeon for the last half of the day. beautiful. anyway, thats my rant, it felt good to vent!! i hope the rest of the week gets better.

Black Mamba
02-28-2009, 07:09 PM
I hope everything is going better Lyndsey, that really sucks. :sad:

Black Mamba
02-28-2009, 07:10 PM
I got a new question for yall:

man buying tampons or pads for you: ask him or do it yourself?

MattHughesRocks
02-28-2009, 07:40 PM
If he's a real man, and completely whipped :laugh: ask!

Black Mamba
02-28-2009, 07:54 PM
I've tried a few times to put myself in man's spot and imagine what they go through trying to pick out stuff for their lady. It does get confusing. :laugh:

But I wouldn't have problem asking, especially if he pissed me off and I wanted to get even with him.

lyndsey823
02-28-2009, 08:56 PM

My boyfriend has no problem buying them for me. He isn't shy, LOL. If he's out in town and I need something I just call him and he picks up whatever I need.

Primadawn
02-28-2009, 11:31 PM
I would normally do it myself..but my husband did buy them for me after I had our first baby. I thought he would be mortified, but he totally wasn't. He said, "What's the big deal? It's not like anyone's going to think they're for ME!"

Spiritwalker
02-28-2009, 11:53 PM
I would normally do it myself..but my husband did buy them for me after I had our first baby. I thought he would be mortified, but he totally wasn't. He said, "What's the big deal? It's not like anyone's going to think they're for ME!"

VERY rarely asked.. maybe 3 times in 9 years... and what's the big deal.

Hughes_GOAT
02-28-2009, 11:56 PM
if a guy doesn't want to buy them, just have him buy you some Shamwow's. cut a little section out, maybe a rectangle and there you go, problem solved.

Primadawn
03-01-2009, 12:16 AM
All I can say is, "Sham WOW!!!!"

You following me camera guy? :laugh:

Hughes_GOAT
03-01-2009, 12:18 AM
this lasts a week! (paper towels)

this lasts 10 years! (Shamwow)

i don't know, it sells itself!

Bonnie
03-01-2009, 01:04 AM
if a guy doesn't want to buy them, just have him buy you some Shamwow's. cut a little section out, maybe a rectangle and there you go, problem solved.

You know, you're a handy guy to have around. Good thinking! :ninja:

Hughes_GOAT
03-01-2009, 01:12 AM
You know, you're a handy guy to have around. Good thinking! :ninja:
hey, i just do what i can

MattHughesRocks
03-01-2009, 01:19 AM
Goat...the hot handyman
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j138/sefjoe/Handyman.jpg

:laugh:

Tyburn
03-01-2009, 01:54 AM
:scared0011: not another girls thread :mellow:

Hughes_GOAT
03-01-2009, 02:12 AM
there can never be too many girl threads

mikthehick
03-01-2009, 02:46 AM
Thank you Goat :)

Not sure if I want to answer lil D's question.....

How about what kinda makeup do you wear in the morning?

My regimen includes washing my face, concealer, eyeliner (where that everyday), and maybe some powder in winter, bronzer in summer.

Don't need a ton of it--tons of makeup on naturally pretty girls doesn't go over well with me. I look like a clown with too much on--plus it takes too long.

TexasRN
03-01-2009, 04:17 PM

Buy it myself. I know exactly when that time is coming so I just stock up beforehand if I need to. I'm pretty brand specific with that stuff so no need to make a guy go and read all the boxes to figure out exactly which ones I want. Seems like I'd be setting him up for failure.

~Amy

Miss Foxy
05-15-2009, 04:16 PM
I cannot live without my bi-monthly pedicures!!!

mikthehick
05-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Holy Thread Ressurection Batman!:laugh:

lyndsey823
05-16-2009, 10:47 PM
I cannot live without my bi-monthly pedicures!!!

ugh, i can't stand having people touch my feet!!!

Miss Foxy
05-22-2009, 04:46 PM
ugh, i can't stand having people touch my feet!!!
Really? It's the best to me!!:rolleyes: Thats why my feet are always on point! I get sickened to my stomach when I see a woman have open toes and her feet are nasty!! Sick!!

Crisco
05-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Girls... Pft

lyndsey823
05-22-2009, 11:32 PM
Really? It's the best to me!!:rolleyes: Thats why my feet are always on point! I get sickened to my stomach when I see a woman have open toes and her feet are nasty!! Sick!!

ugh, that is gross!!! i hate seeing that, and now thanks to summer being here we'll have to see it more often!!! blah. i give myself pedicures at home. feet just gross me out period.

Black Mamba
05-22-2009, 11:42 PM
I give myself pedicures at home too. Cheaper and I get to chose the type of scents I want. :cool: I use either Victoria Secret's Spa or Bath and Body mint scrub and foot soak. After that cut, snip, and once I stop being lazy find me some good nail polish.

Black Mamba
05-22-2009, 11:44 PM
Oooooohhhhhh and I gotta share some new body mists/perfumes that smell awesome! Victoria Secret Heavenly Bloom and Victoria Secret Sexy Little Things Noir. The perfume is on the pricey side so I bought the body mist of the Noir instead, and wow. Love it. I'm still saving for the Heavenly Bloom but that scent smells great.

Hughes_GOAT
05-23-2009, 01:55 AM
this is Gospel!

Miss Foxy
05-23-2009, 06:34 AM
this is Gospel!
See you got major class!! You were taught well son!!:wink: