PDA

View Full Version : =(

Robertboxerboy
02-07-2010, 07:17 PM
I got into a wreck =(. And I had people in my car before my 90 days were up. So I am hoping they are nice to me and just make me take a defensive drivers course. Or they could take my license away until I am 18 =(

Mark
02-07-2010, 07:25 PM
crazy kid.

DonnaMaria
02-07-2010, 07:36 PM
wow!

Was everyone okay? Did you get a ticket? Is the car a total loss?

Robertboxerboy
02-07-2010, 07:44 PM
I got the probationary ticket and Faliure to yield. But on the Failure to yield he wrote that I had an obstruction of view because of all the cars that were parked along the side of the road. Everyone was fine. And the car was only 300 dollars so yeah its totalled but at least it wasnt a couple grand. And honestly, there was no way she was going the speed limit. The limit is 20 and the car got killed. And at 20 miles an hour you can stop your car.

DonnaMaria
02-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Well at least everyone was okay. That's something to be thankful for.

Is this your first accident?

I had my first accident ever last December. I had 22 years of driving without an accident. And since December I have had two. :blink: One was my fault and the other was the other drivers.

Life sucks sometimes.

Mark
02-07-2010, 08:25 PM
And let that be a lesson to you!

Bonnie
02-07-2010, 08:43 PM
I've never gotten a ticket yet since I started driving (knocks on wood). My husband... :rolleyes:

The only accident I've had it was the other guy's fault. We both pulled into the grocery parking lot and all of a sudden he stops. Then he starts backing up fast :scared0015: and I'm totally caught off guard....trying frantically to put it in reverse....but never make it. :wink:

When we get out of our vehicles he explains that he was trying to be nice and let this car turn in front of him into a lane. He says, "I'll never do THAT again!" Duh! I wish he hadn't done it THEN! He backed into me hard and messed up my brand new Honda---$3,000+ worth! :cry:

The funny part was when we exchanged our info come to find out he not only lived in my neighborhood, but he actually lived on the same street! :laugh: When I contacted his insurance, he had already called. His agent asked me to describe what happened. When I was done, he said, yeah that's what his guy said happened. A lot of people lie, but this guy was stand-up--much respect! :)

J.B.
02-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Ahhh, the perils of teenage driving... :laugh:

Good luck with traffic court, glad nobody was hurt. :wink:

Llamafighter
02-07-2010, 10:30 PM
Glad no one was hurt. What happened? were you paying attention or goofing off with your pals?

Tyburn
02-08-2010, 01:57 AM
wowser...I'm sorry to hear you were in an accident :sad:

Robertboxerboy
02-08-2010, 02:03 AM
Ok some more info.(I was a little shookin up earlier)

The officer wrote me a faliure to yield but wrote it off also because I had "Obstruction of View" with all the cars parked along side the road, so i couldnt see her coming. They gave her a speeding ticket for going 40 in a 20 I believe. So I dont really think it was my fault because if your going 20 in a 20, you can easily stop before you hit a car.

And I dont think they will take my lisence away because A)this is the first time I have ever been in trouble with the law, ever, no wrecks no tickets, no warnings, no laws broken for anything, ever. B) They didnt take my license at the scene, so I will easily take defensive driving or a 60 day suspension I think. And I can handle that.

Miss Foxy
02-08-2010, 04:05 AM
Don't be so sure your going to get off scott free. Rules/laws are implemented for a reason this is not something that should be taken lightly regardless of your clean record you broke a law..

adamt
02-08-2010, 12:36 PM
i agree with miss foxy and i will add...

i don't have much patience for people who break laws and endanger others. If you want to poach deer, smoke weed, make moonshine, that's fine, just do it on your own time and property.

But a car is a two ton weapon that a little old lady or a 14 year old kid could use to kill ,though by accident, any one else. And that is taken way too lightly sometimes.

I have no use for lawbreakers that break the law and put other people at risk, especially drunk drivers. And it sounds like you're lucky you're just wanting your license to stay good, and you're not worried about what degree of manslaughter you're going to get convicted on.

Tyburn
02-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Ok some more info.(I was a little shookin up earlier)

The officer wrote me a faliure to yield but wrote it off also because I had "Obstruction of View" with all the cars parked along side the road, so i couldnt see her coming. They gave her a speeding ticket for going 40 in a 20 I believe. So I dont really think it was my fault because if your going 20 in a 20, you can easily stop before you hit a car.

And I dont think they will take my lisence away because A)this is the first time I have ever been in trouble with the law, ever, no wrecks no tickets, no warnings, no laws broken for anything, ever. B) They didnt take my license at the scene, so I will easily take defensive driving or a 60 day suspension I think. And I can handle that.

Well I'm glad noone is hurt, and that you dont seem to be in much trouble, but PLEASE take care. You now know what can happen if your not concentrating or dont stop when you should at a turning...next time you might not be so lucky...so make a promise to yourself that from now on you are going to be more careful...dont beat yourself up about it...but make sure that you dont let YOURSELF completely off the hook, you must vow to follow the Highway Code (if you have such a document in the U.S...I'm sure you do)

Let this event be one that you learn from, life is all about learning, and now you have learned something really important.:ninja: Be positive rather then negative about this like some of the people in this thread...who advocate braking one law but not another...or who will be mean to you with stage whispers :ninja:...thats unkind, and unhelpful. What you need to do is give thanks that noone was hurt, and pledge not to break the law in that way again.

:)

Tyburn
02-08-2010, 01:24 PM
i agree with miss foxy and i will add...

i don't have much patience for people who break laws and endanger others. If you want to poach deer, smoke weed, make moonshine, that's fine, just do it on your own time and property.
But a car is a two ton weapon that a little old lady or a 14 year old kid could use to kill ,though by accident, any one else. And that is taken way too lightly sometimes.

I have no use for lawbreakers that break the law and put other people at risk, especially drunk drivers. And it sounds like you're lucky you're just wanting your license to stay good, and you're not worried about what degree of manslaughter you're going to get convicted on.

I havent much patience for people who pick and choose which laws to justify breaking. :ninja: I'm not saying your wrong, but I certainly AM saying that that is not right :ninja:

Mark
02-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Glad no one was hurt. What happened? were you paying attention or goofing off with your pals?

Great question! But just because U are always goofing off with your pals in the car doesn't mean he was.

Llamafighter
02-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Great question! But just because U are always goofing off with your pals in the car doesn't mean he was.

it's Lumpy and Eddie's fault. They're always foolin'.

Robertboxerboy
02-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Thanks Mark and Dave

lets see as far as miss foxy saying i hope to get out scott free, umm i want to know where you misunderstood me. I know what happened was wrong. But insurance was 200 a month and now will pry double, thats clost to 6 thou a year, do you call the "scott" free? And that also adds some points to my license so if i do anything wrong I WILL loose my license. My fine is a 100 dollars, trust me there is nothing easy about this at all. and For defensive driving it is 40 dollars to rent the dvd, 30 dollars to sign up for the test over the internet, and another 30 to return the dvd.

and adam. Just because I got in a wreck, doesnt make me a bad kid, what you are making it out to be. And you also make it sound like i didnt care about the other person in the wreck, yes i screamed and shouted, probably made a sailor blush. But as soon as I was done and out of the car I was all about the operator of the opposite vehicle and asking them if they wanted an ambulance and if everyone was ok, WHILE I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH 911. I dont know if you were taught a couple things like teenagers make some stupid mistakes but we do. There is a reason they call crashes "accidents" not "on-purposes".

and she got a speeding ticket because the damage that was done could not happen if she was only going 20.

I take responsibility for the accident, my actions, everything. I think of myself as a stand-up man. So dont think I am just trying to shrug this off and forget about the whole situation. A car coming full speed at the side of my car will for ever be cemented into my memory

flo
02-08-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm glad no one was hurt, too.

{{Robert}}

Well, it's probably for the best, now it's out of the way and I bet it makes you more alert to your surroundings. Same thing happened to me years ago right after I got my license and it sort of made me more cautious.

Well, maybe not. :)

Robertboxerboy
02-08-2010, 09:04 PM
thanks flo.

adamt
02-09-2010, 01:19 AM
I havent much patience for people who pick and choose which laws to justify breaking. :ninja: I'm not saying your wrong, but I certainly AM saying that that is not right :ninja:

Yeah that didn't come off quite like i meant, but i still maintain that endangering someone else when you break a law is way worse than just endangering only yourself

Robert, I didn't mean to come off like a hard!@#, and only you know the whole of the story, and flo is entirely right, one close call can be all the difference you need to appreciate how dangerous driving can be, I had a dog once that got bonked on the head while chasing cars and he never chased another one, I hope this accident gives you enough instinct to never have another one....

My apologies for being too gruff, i guess i just took your opening post a little wrong. It seemed like you got caught red handed and just wanted pity, but i don't think that is what you meant. You just got caught being a dumb kid like everyone else has been.

And no i never implied you didn't care about the other person, however, caring about them after a wreck is a little late, don't you think?

Besides it sounds like it was all their fault anyways, so no worries

adamt
02-09-2010, 01:21 AM

so you don't have much patience for daniel? He pick and choosed laws he wanted to break didn't he

Robertboxerboy
02-09-2010, 01:47 AM
Yeah I didnt Learn alot. One thing they didnt teach us in drivers ed was when at an intersection and there are alot of cars along the side of the car you should come out slowly. Which I will do now. I will explain more in my next vid blog. But I will never take that route again. The officer that was there was really awesome about everything he said that he has wrecked at that intersection before and the ladies brother in law said he and his dad have wrecked at that intersection. so i will not be taking it again.

and apology accepted :)

Robertboxerboy
02-10-2010, 09:38 PM
So I got fined 100 dollars. Which I payed that day. The BMV say they wont do anything this time but next time I will probably have to go to a hearing. They are not making me take defensive driving but my dad is going to talk to my insurance agent and see if I take defensive driving if it will help lower my insurance or not. If it will I will be fine taking it. So now we are only really worried about another vehicle. We are using my bank account this time which has about 2 grand in it. And if I am paying for it I am getting a Truck. A small one tho. Probably an S-10 or somthing, maybe a ranger. Any ideas on what a nice small truck would be?