PDA

View Full Version : do you remember your dreams

Tyburn
02-03-2010, 11:21 AM
I have just started keeping a record of mine...they are freaky deaky :unsure-1:

lets just say in the past two days I have had four dreams ive recollected, one was sheer horror...one was naughty...and the other two involved me dying :blink:

:laugh:

County Mike
02-03-2010, 12:08 PM
I don't always, but last night had a dream worth sharing here.

Matt Hughes and Matt Serra were in my neighborhood. We all got together for a game of backyard football. Hughes and Serra were on opposite teams and went at each other pretty hard. I was on the same team as Hughes. I was playing QB. The rest of the dream is mostly a blur.

Primadawn
02-03-2010, 12:19 PM
I frequently remember mine and they're usually pretty freaky too. The scary ones are always the most realistic.

You know what I find strange? When I see someone in a dream, and it's not what they look like in real life...but I know it's them...you know what I mean? Weird.

billwilliams70
02-03-2010, 02:43 PM
I do from time to time. There are most times though, that I will forget them almost while I'm describing them to my wife.......

Later.

Llamafighter
02-03-2010, 03:07 PM
I frequently remember mine and they're usually pretty freaky too. The scary ones are always the most realistic.

You know what I find strange? When I see someone in a dream, and it's not what they look like in real life...but I know it's them...you know what I mean? Weird.

Totally. I've had drerams where the person is actually a physical combination of 2 people.

MattHughesRocks
02-03-2010, 03:55 PM
I had a dream about a week ago that I fought Matt Hughes and won. I'm awesome! :w00t:

VCURamFan
02-03-2010, 04:01 PM
I can remember my dreams for about 30-60min after waking up. If I wait much longer than that to describe them to someone, then I lose most of the "important" details.

Bonnie
02-03-2010, 04:18 PM
I can remember my dreams for about 30-60min after waking up. If I wait much longer than that to describe them to someone, then I lose most of the "important" details.

Me too. Every once in a while I can remember what I dreamt, but for the most part I lose it after I'm awake. And, if I eat and go to sleep too soon after, I always have nightmares.

Sometimes I'll be in a situation or place (with certain people) and it will feel so familiar like that moment had already happened before, like I dreamt it and now it's come true. Anyone else ever experience that? :unsure-1:

VCURamFan
02-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Me too. Every once in a while I can remember what I dreamt, but for the most part I lose it after I'm awake. And, if I eat and go to sleep too soon after, I always have nightmares.

Sometimes I'll be in a situation or place (with certain people) and it will feel so familiar like that moment had already happened before, like I dreamt it and now it's come true. Anyone else ever experience that? :unsure-1:

I'll have deju vu in my dreams. It'll be like Groundhog Day: I'll be "living" the dream, realize it's a dream, realize I've had it before, realize I know what's going to happen next, so take preemptive measures. It's usually a nightmare of some sorts, but I'm able to out-wit the baddies. :happydancing:

TexasRN
02-03-2010, 06:19 PM
I remember most dreams. Some are good, some bad, all are freaky weird. I've been told I need to have a sleep study to see what's going on with me. I have pretty bad issues with sleep.

~Amy

Tyburn
02-03-2010, 07:17 PM
I remember most dreams. Some are good, some bad, all are freaky weird. I've been told I need to have a sleep study to see what's going on with me. I have pretty bad issues with sleep.

~Amy

:blink: issues like?? You sleep to much and cause yourself ME type fatigue? or you dont sleep and cause yourself deprivation as an insomniac? or you have a habit of just dropping off like a narcoleptic....? or sleep aponea...where you stop breathing whilst sleeping...??

I didnt know you had sleeping difficulties :sad:

TexasRN
02-03-2010, 07:29 PM
:blink: issues like?? You sleep to much and cause yourself ME type fatigue? or you dont sleep and cause yourself deprivation as an insomniac? or you have a habit of just dropping off like a narcoleptic....? or sleep aponea...where you stop breathing whilst sleeping...??

I didnt know you had sleeping difficulties :sad:

I have chronic insomnia, have had it since I was a small child. I can remember being less than 5 years old and not being able to sleep. Also, I have restless leg syndrome. And I don't go into deep stage 4 sleep. I am hyperaware while sleeping and even the slightest thing will wake me up. It causes pretty bad fatigue some days and I occasionally have to take meds for it.

~Amy

Tyburn
02-03-2010, 07:50 PM
I have chronic insomnia, have had it since I was a small child. I can remember being less than 5 years old and not being able to sleep. Also, I have restless leg syndrome. And I don't go into deep stage 4 sleep. I am hyperaware while sleeping and even the slightest thing will wake me up. It causes pretty bad fatigue some days and I occasionally have to take meds for it.

~Amy

See I have a nerve in my left arm which occasionally likes to give me shyte when I lie down, and if thats the case, I have to lie with my arm underneith me so my full body weight effectively crushes and stops the nerve from...well...i dont know how to explain the feeling..movement I get sometimes :laugh:

Now I had hyperawareness during my sleep, only for about a month during the height of my anxiety it would have been July-August 2003...it was HORRIBLE..I was afraid I'd miss something...and once awake I could never go back to sleep for ages...honnest...if someone sneezed in the next room i'd be like..."what was that!! whats happening!! what am I missing!!" :unsure-1:

flo
02-03-2010, 07:53 PM

Thirded.

flo
02-03-2010, 07:54 PM
I had a dream about a week ago that I fought Matt Hughes and won. I'm awesome! :w00t:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

flo
02-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Speaking of sleep studies, I'm willing to bet a zillion bucks that, if you have one, they recommend getting a CPAP machine.

Don't get me wrong, I think there are some people helped by them but I also think it's the latest racket.

VCURamFan
02-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Oddly enough, I just fell asleep with the TV on & had some really weird dreams thanks to the Jerry Springer show. :ninja:

flo
02-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Oddly enough, I just fell asleep with the TV on & had some really weird dreams thanks to the Jerry Springer show. :ninja:

:blink:

:Whistle:

:wink:

VCURamFan
02-03-2010, 08:27 PM
:blink:

:Whistle:

:wink:

It was kinda weird, it was just a bunch of big monsters roaring & bellowing at each other. The funniest part is when I woke up just before the end, all the contestants - I mean "guests" - were scrawny, skinny people, whereas in my dream they all made the Hulk look like a midget! :laugh:

TexasRN
02-03-2010, 10:36 PM
Speaking of sleep studies, I'm willing to bet a zillion bucks that, if you have one, they recommend getting a CPAP machine.

Don't get me wrong, I think there are some people helped by them but I also think it's the latest racket.

My brothers are both respiratory therapists. They've already said no on a CPap for me. :laugh: They would love to stick one on me and take pictures of me sleeping. I guarantee it would be on the front of their Christmas cards next year. But no sleep apnea for me, I can say with 100% certainty that apnea is not my problem. :) But yes, CPap's are all the rage nowadays. I say we make designer ones for fashionistas and sell them. We'd make a killing. :laugh:

~Amy

Mac
02-03-2010, 11:02 PM
The ones i hate the worst are the ones where i am being chased and i cant run . Like something or someone is coming to do me in and im on my hands and knees trying to get away and i just cant move , like im pulling 4 tons of dead weight behind me.

Ive also had the ones where i won the lottery and when i woke up it was still real , then as i get my marbles i just get disappointed lol.

Ive put an end to alot of folks in my dreams . One of the worse ones i can remember was i was rabbit huntin with my dad and brother , they were at one end of the field and i was at the other , I saw some fellas dressed like swat members come pouring in to the field on thier end . They put my dad and brother on thier knees and shot both of them , all of the sudden the shotgun i had in my hands to hunt rabbits turned into my 243 and i just started scoping up black ski masks as they ran across the field towards me ,until i dropped em all and then i woke up .

Had a dream a while ago where i had went uptown to have a beer and as i was walking down the street i saw my wife walking with some other fella arm in arm . I just kept my head down wlking thier direction and when i got within arms reach i threw a punch with everything i had . My arm went clear through his head and i remember holding him up with my hand sticking out the back , i turned to the folks on the sidewalk and smiled like i was holding up a stringer of fish , and then i woke up.

Wierd ehh.

TexasRN
02-03-2010, 11:09 PM
The ones i hate the worst are the ones where i am being chased and i cant run . Like something or someone is coming to do me in and im on my hands and knees trying to get away and i just cant move , like im pulling 4 tons of dead weight behind me.

Ive also had the ones where i won the lottery and when i woke up it was still real , then as i get my marbles i just get disappointed lol.

Ive put an end to alot of folks in my dreams . One of the worse ones i can remember was i was rabbit huntin with my dad and brother , they were at one end of the field and i was at the other , I saw some fellas dressed like swat members come pouring in to the field on thier end . They put my dad and brother on thier knees and shot both of them , all of the sudden the shotgun i had in my hands to hunt rabbits turned into my 243 and i just started scoping up black ski masks as they ran across the field towards me ,until i dropped em all and then i woke up .

Had a dream a while ago where i had went uptown to have a beer and as i was walking down the street i saw my wife walking with some other fella arm in arm . I just kept my head down wlking thier direction and when i got within arms reach i threw a punch with everything i had . My arm went clear through his head and i remember holding him up with my hand sticking out the back , i turned to the folks on the sidewalk and smiled like i was holding up a stringer of fish , and then i woke up.

Wierd ehh.

What a freak! :blink:

:laugh:

~Amy

Tyburn
02-03-2010, 11:09 PM

Wierd ehh.

:laugh: so you have a right shoot em up in your dreams Mac :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
02-03-2010, 11:20 PM
It's all that hunting you do Mac. Stop the madness :tongue0011:

Wierd ehh.

MattHughesRocks
02-03-2010, 11:23 PM
Mac got no love in this thread :laugh:

Mac
02-03-2010, 11:32 PM
lol , i havent had any bad ones for quite some time , the punch one was right around when me and Becky first started dating and i was a little jelous lol. The shooting one that stuck in my head was probably 7 or 8 years ago as well.

Havent had any memorable ones for awhile , well besides that damned lottery winning one .

flo
02-03-2010, 11:42 PM
They would love to stick one on me and take pictures of me sleeping. I guarantee it would be on the front of their Christmas cards next year.

~Amy

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Aren't brothers fun?

But yes, CPap's are all the rage nowadays. I say we make designer ones for fashionistas and sell them. We'd make a killing. :laugh:

I think you're on to something there...

MattHughesRocks
02-04-2010, 12:05 AM
Well, ya need some.

lol , i havent had any bad ones for quite some time , the punch one was right around when me and Becky first started dating and i was a little jelous lol. The shooting one that stuck in my head was probably 7 or 8 years ago as well.

Havent had any memorable ones for awhile , well besides that damned lottery winning one .

Bonnie
02-04-2010, 12:34 AM

Wierd ehh.

I had a dream where I caught my hubby out with some skank and I was so furious at him. And when I woke up I was still mad and I let him know it too! :angry: :laugh:

Robertboxerboy
02-04-2010, 01:36 AM
I remember the wierdest ones

I remember a couple days ago I was asleep and I dreamt my family was dead broke. Now coming from a country family, we have guns. And my dad has a plan that we were going to rob a bank. a BIG BANK. extreme security blah blah blah. Now I was worried and I went to my Dad and asked "Will we die tommorrow?". His answer, "Yes". So I was freaking out trying to spend time with everything, praying for everything. The most i could remember was spending time with my dogs. Crying my eyes out about how much I havent done with them and what I could have done and I am sorry, all of this to my dogs mind you. And then I woke up.

It was kind of depressing:cry:

Robertboxerboy
02-04-2010, 01:43 AM
I also get ones every once in awhile where someone is coming to get me/kill me and I cry for help and my voice is gone and I cannot scream.

When I was a little kid I used to have dreams about war. Like in the middle of the shyte, blasting them up and cutin em up battles. Dead in the middle bombs exploding crisis on no help no protection almost outta ammo gotta do it with my hand and rip their head of kinda stuff. real intense stuff. I would litteraly wake up with a bloody nose, my sheets off my bed. I was on the other end of the bed my pillow was ruined.

it was some insane crazy nasty stuff.

Silverback
02-04-2010, 01:48 AM

Wierd ehh.

Remind me never walk with your wife!!:scared0011::scared0011::scared0011:

Mac
02-04-2010, 02:31 AM
Remind me never walk with your wife!!:scared0011::scared0011::scared0011:

LOl , i dont get jealous anymore , i just charge a little .

Im a buisnessman through and through :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

sure hope she doesnt read that

MattHughesRocks
02-04-2010, 05:30 AM
If you were dying the next day what did you need the money for? :laugh:

I remember the wierdest ones

I remember a couple days ago I was asleep and I dreamt my family was dead broke. Now coming from a country family, we have guns. And my dad has a plan that we were going to rob a bank. a BIG BANK. extreme security blah blah blah. Now I was worried and I went to my Dad and asked "Will we die tommorrow?". His answer, "Yes". So I was freaking out trying to spend time with everything, praying for everything. The most i could remember was spending time with my dogs. Crying my eyes out about how much I havent done with them and what I could have done and I am sorry, all of this to my dogs mind you. And then I woke up.

It was kind of depressing:cry:

Robertboxerboy
02-04-2010, 07:36 PM
That is actually what I thought when I woke up lol

Tyburn
02-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Last nights dream.

So I had like real pain in my left hand, and when I looked at it it had become all dry and shreded, and you could see through the shreds to the bone. For some reason that didnt worry me, but the pain did...so I looked in and could see something moving...so I went to the tap to wash whatever it was out...and out washed this gigantic spider...and all around it appreard little babies, so I went out into the hall but they all followed me...so I ran down and locked myself in a room, and they all chased me. :laugh:

Now...Multiplying Spiders is a reoccurance in my dreams...its always the same Spider. I am not frightened of them in real life, but I do seem to be in my dream.

The hand thing, well my left hand was where I broke my fingers, and yesterday some stupid customer bashed that hand with his trolley :ninja:

CAMPO
02-08-2010, 12:34 PM
some dreams can be so REAL...then others I know I'm dreaming - but don't want it to end......................uhhh-huh.....hmmmmmmmm

CAMPO
02-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Last nights dream.

So I had like real pain in my left hand, and when I looked at it it had become all dry and shreded, and you could see through the shreds to the bone. For some reason that didnt worry me, but the pain did...so I looked in and could see something moving...so I went to the tap to wash whatever it was out...and out washed this gigantic spider...and all around it appreard little babies, so I went out into the hall but they all followed me...so I ran down and locked myself in a room, and they all chased me. :laugh:

Now...Multiplying Spiders is a reoccurance in my dreams...its always the same Spider. I am not frightened of them in real life, but I do seem to be in my dream.

The hand thing, well my left hand was where I broke my fingers, and yesterday some stupid customer bashed that hand with his trolley :ninja:

Hi! Went to Dream Moods & looked up Spiders >>>> Not sure if this is helpful to you?? :blink:
Spiders
To see a spider in your dream, indicates that you are feeling like an outsider in some situation. Or that you may want to keep your distance and stay away from an alluring and tempting situation. The spider is also symbolic of feminine power. Alternatively, a spider may refer to a powerful force protecting you against your self-destructive behavior. If you kill a spider, it symbolizes misfortune and general bad luck.

To see a spider spinning a web in your dream, signifies that you will be rewarded for your hard work. You will soon find yourself promoted in your job or recognized for your achievement in a difficult task. Spiders are a symbol of creativity due to the intricate webs they spin. On a negative note, spiders may indicate a feeling of being entangled or trapped in a sticky or clingy relationship.�It represents some ensnaring and controlling force. You may feel that someone or some situation is sucking the life right out of you. Alternatively, if a spider is spinning a web in your dream, then it could be a metaphor for the world wide web and global communication.

To see a spider climbing up a wall in your dream, denotes that your desires will be soon be realized.

To dream that you are bitten by a spider, represents a conflict with your mother or some dominant female figure in your life. The dream may be a metaphor for a devouring mother or the feminine power to possess and entrap. Perhaps you are feeling trapped by some relationship.

Tyburn
02-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Hi! Went to Dream Moods & looked up Spiders >>>> Not sure if this is helpful to you?? :blink:
Spiders
To see a spider in your dream, indicates that you are feeling like an outsider in some situation. Or that you may want to keep your distance and stay away from an alluring and tempting situation. The spider is also symbolic of feminine power. Alternatively, a spider may refer to a powerful force protecting you against your self-destructive behavior. If you kill a spider, it symbolizes misfortune and general bad luck.

To see a spider spinning a web in your dream, signifies that you will be rewarded for your hard work. You will soon find yourself promoted in your job or recognized for your achievement in a difficult task. Spiders are a symbol of creativity due to the intricate webs they spin. On a negative note, spiders may indicate a feeling of being entangled or trapped in a sticky or clingy relationship.�It represents some ensnaring and controlling force. You may feel that someone or some situation is sucking the life right out of you. Alternatively, if a spider is spinning a web in your dream, then it could be a metaphor for the world wide web and global communication.

To see a spider climbing up a wall in your dream, denotes that your desires will be soon be realized.

To dream that you are bitten by a spider, represents a conflict with your mother or some dominant female figure in your life. The dream may be a metaphor for a devouring mother or the feminine power to possess and entrap. Perhaps you are feeling trapped by some relationship.

No this is definately not a feminine object. Its an ugly looking thing, and it divides itself into more of itself...like a problem left unchecked begins to create more problems...

Its not protective, its destructive...I think the Spider actually represents a portion of my mind. The portion I dont properly know how to use and often lose control of...it has a mind of its own, and can...almost take control away from my rational mind...its hard to explain...It can have a debhilitating effect on me.

I'm pretty certain that is what it means...:ninja:

County Mike
02-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Awesome dream last night.

Me, My wife and her attractive girl friend. I was a very lucky man.

Girl from dream is coming over tonight for help with her taxes. Hhhhmmmmmmm. ;)

bradwright
02-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Awesome dream last night.

Me, My wife and her attractive girl friend. I was a very lucky man.

Girl from dream is coming over tonight for help with her taxes. Hhhhmmmmmmm. ;)

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

maybe you should let your wife read this before she gets there...:laugh: