PDA

View Full Version : SUPERBOWL

Rev
02-02-2010, 07:50 AM
Just read an article that said d. Freeny may not play, if not, Breeze will have time to pick the colts apart.

Shockey is still favoring his knee and toe, without him on the field, Drew wont have his easy dump off that has saved them all season.

As for all of you who have written off the Saints, just wait, this is shaping into an awesome showdown.

Thoughts? Picks? Why?

Buzzard
02-02-2010, 09:03 AM
I rooting for the Saints. I hope they can get to Manning like they did to Favre. If they can put the pressure on Manning, things could go their way. It would be nice for them to win in their first Super Bowl appearance.

Shoots like a girl
02-02-2010, 08:51 PM
I dont think Freeney is out. They havent come right out and said that. I think they will suit him up and use him if they feel like they need to. Im in Indiana and HUGE Colts fan and Freeney being out makes me a lil nervous! I think the Saints will go marching in........................with their heads hung! LOL, or thats what Im hoping for anyway! :happydancing:

Miss Foxy
02-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Saints are going to take it!!! #9 baby!!!

J.B.
02-07-2010, 11:13 PM
There needs to be a law against other sports teams besides the Chicago Bulls using Alan Parson's "Sirius" for entrance music when they are introduced.

I hate when teams do that... -1 for the Saints.

Meanwhile, the Colts chose to use The Who.... +1 Colts.

Bonnie
02-08-2010, 03:03 AM
The on-side kick should be banned I tell ya....BANNNNNNNNED! :bawling:

Congrats to WHO DAT....et al....laissez les bon temps roulez....let the good times roll... :)

J.B.
02-08-2010, 03:18 AM

Congrats to WHO DAT....et al....

I wouldn't be surprised if you actually see some sportswriters saying the same thing in the coming weeks.

I don't think it should be banned, but I do think it's a bush-league move to call it at that point in the game. I think from now on we are going to start to see special teams coordinators draw up some different formations to help try to protect against that crap in big game situations. Especially after seeing both the Packers and now the Saints pull off 3rd quarter onside kicks in the playoffs this year.

Bonnie
02-08-2010, 03:23 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if you actually see some sportswriters saying the same thing in the coming weeks.

I don't think it should be banned, but I do think it's a bush-league move to call it at that point in the game. I think from now on we are going to start to see special teams coordinators draw up some different formations to help try to protect against that crap in big game situations. Especially after seeing both the Packers and now the Saints pull off 3rd quarter onside kicks in the playoffs this year.

Yeah, it didn't seem so bad when the Cowboys did it, but now, me no like so much. :cry:

J.B.
02-08-2010, 03:30 AM
Yeah, it didn't seem so bad when the Cowboys did it, but now, me no like so much. :cry:

LOL, yeah I could care less if the Cards did it as long as they pulled it off. It's easy to mess those plays up and kick it out of bounds or not get it past the 40 yard line, then they end up giving up good field position. Thats why I don't think it should, and it probably never will, be banned.

Miss Foxy
02-08-2010, 04:27 AM
http://i50.tinypic.com/28mh9y1.jpg Need I say more?? Who dat? SAINTS!!!

Rev
02-08-2010, 04:28 AM
lol

Rev
02-08-2010, 04:30 AM
Hey foxie!!! who dat called dat game?

Miss Foxy
02-08-2010, 04:31 AM
Hey foxie!!! who dat called dat game? lol!~:laugh:

VCURamFan
02-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Are you kidding me, banning on-side kicks? Seriously???? OK, well let's ban flea-flickers, fake punts & the double reverse, while we're at it. Can't have any trickery going on, no-siree. If you don't approve of that call at that point in the game, then don't pick it next time you're playing Madden. It was the freaking Super Bowl, for crying out loud! It's their job to win it & they did, it large part because of that play. What makes it busch league? The fact that it's unexpected? The fact that it's not when you "should" kick an onsides? The fact that it's risky? That was the turning point in the game & it would have been a COMPLETELY different Super Bowl if they weren't allowed to exercise their creativity in that manner.

J.B.
02-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Are you kidding me, banning on-side kicks? Seriously???? OK, well let's ban flea-flickers, fake punts & the double reverse, while we're at it. Can't have any trickery going on, no-siree. If you don't approve of that call at that point in the game, then don't pick it next time you're playing Madden. It was the freaking Super Bowl, for crying out loud! It's their job to win it & they did, it large part because of that play. What makes it busch league? The fact that it's unexpected? The fact that it's not when you "should" kick an onsides? The fact that it's risky? That was the turning point in the game & it would have been a COMPLETELY different Super Bowl if they weren't allowed to exercise their creativity in that manner.

Calm down bro....did you not read that I clearly said I didn't think it should be banned? :huh:

And why are you bringing Madden into this? :laugh:

I never said that onside kicks were bad. I just said that they are risky plays and they only get praise when they work, which is why they are only typically called in late game situations. I even said I wouldn't care if the Cardinals did it, as long as it paid off. The term "busch league" was just the adjective I chose to describe it because of it's nature. Think about it, if the Saints would have messed that up and given the ball to the Colts with great field position, and then if they ended up losing the game, people would have been calling for somebody to get fired over that. Again, I never said it was bad or should be banned, I just said that it's risky and a bit sneaky to try pulling it off in the third quarter like that.

VCURamFan
02-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Calm down bro....did you not read that I clearly said I didn't think it should be banned? :huh:

And why are you bringing Madden into this? :laugh:

I never said that onside kicks were bad. I just said that they are risky plays and they only get praise when they work, which is why they are only typically called in late game situations. I even said I wouldn't care if the Cardinals did it, as long as it paid off. The term "busch league" was just the adjective I chose to describe it because of it's nature. Think about it, if the Saints would have messed that up and given the ball to the Colts with great field position, and then if they ended up losing the game, people would have been calling for somebody to get fired over that. Again, I never said it was bad or should be banned, I just said that it's risky and a bit sneaky to try pulling it off in the third quarter like that.

OK well then.......I guess I wasn't talking to you! :laugh:

I coulda sworn somebody said they should be banned. :unsure-1:

Bonnie
02-08-2010, 10:11 PM

Ben, I've never seen you so worked up before. :laugh: Since it was my post (which was supposed to be taken "lightly" 'cause like JB I'm totally for it if it's MY team doing it and it works :laugh:), that lead to J.B.'s.....and....yours, here's a little somethin for ya:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTwnwbG9YLE :laugh:

VCURamFan
02-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Ben, I've never seen you so worked up before. :laugh: Since it was my post (which was supposed to be taken "lightly" 'cause like JB I'm totally for it if it's MY team doing it and it works :laugh:), that lead to J.B.'s.....and....yours, here's a little somethin for ya:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTwnwbG9YLE :laugh:

Man, you're right! I don't even know hat it was that set me off (other than my little brother being hella annoying today). It's not even that big a deal!

Btw, I got a 24-VHS set for Christmas one year that was best of different cartoons. Everything from Bugs Bunny to Superman to Mighty Mouse. That Foghorn Leghorn was on there & it was always one of my favorites! :happydancing:

Bonnie
02-08-2010, 11:31 PM
Man, you're right! I don't even know hat it was that set me off (other than my little brother being hella annoying today). It's not even that big a deal!

Btw, I got a 24-VHS set for Christmas one year that was best of different cartoons. Everything from Bugs Bunny to Superman to Mighty Mouse. That Foghorn Leghorn was on there & it was always one of my favorites! :happydancing:

Yeah, they don't make 'em like that anymore. I love those oldies but goodies. :laugh:

J.B.
02-08-2010, 11:42 PM
This article says that the Saints kicker was terrified before making that kick. It also says that Sean Payton made the decision to call that play before the game ever even started.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jh-onsidekick020710&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

rearnakedchoke
02-09-2010, 01:30 AM
that on side kick was anything but bush league ... it was genius .... majority of onside kicks fail cuz they happen when the team has to do them when down late and the other team is expecting it ... payton's call was sheer genius, caught everyone off guard ... two ballsy plays, at least one of them paid off .... geaux saints ...

J.B.
02-09-2010, 01:59 AM
that on side kick was anything but bush league ... it was genius .... majority of onside kicks fail cuz they happen when the team has to do them when down late and the other team is expecting it ... payton's call was sheer genius, caught everyone off guard ... two ballsy plays, at least one of them paid off .... geaux saints ...

It was only genius because it worked :laugh:

If they would have screwed that up, win or lose, somebody would have had their ass chewed out. I'm sorry, but 7 or 8 times out of 10 that kick fails, and thats why you don't take that kind of chance at the very beginning of the second half when the score is 10-6.

Onside kicks fail mostly because they are low percentage by design. Sure, catching the opponent out of formation and the element of surprise does help. However, it's still not easy for kickers to consistently kick those because it's so hard to judge how the ball will bounce. Still, teams are obviously starting to practice it and trying to sneak it in there more, so I bet you will start to see special teams coordinators make small adjustments to help get some extra protection up front in the event that happens.

Miss Foxy
02-09-2010, 04:36 PM

True dat!!! People are so funny no matter what argument or debate the Saints freakin' won fair and square!! haha...:happydancing:

VCURamFan
02-09-2010, 04:38 PM
True dat!!! People are so funny no matter what argument or debate the Saints freakin' won fair and square!! haha...:happydancing:
I think the funniest part of the whole onside kick was that Reis had to spend about half an hour on the bottom of that pile, holding the football between 1 hand & his right butt-cheek! :laugh:

rearnakedchoke
02-09-2010, 04:41 PM
I think the funniest part of the whole onside kick was that Reis had to spend about half an hour on the bottom of that pile, holding the football between 1 hand & his right butt-cheek! :laugh:

yeah, that was the slowest removal of bodies from a pile up ever ... but i guess indy had to try and pry it loose while they could ... they knew they got played like chumps and tried to grab it back ...

VCURamFan
02-09-2010, 04:44 PM
yeah, that was the slowest removal of bodies from a pile up ever ... but i guess indy had to try and pry it loose while they could ... they knew they got played like chumps and tried to grab it back ...
Exactly. Ries said that his forearms were burning by the time the refs finally called it right. I can't even imagine what (if any) "ulterior" methods were being employed to try & "persuade" him to let go! :scared0011: :laugh:

rearnakedchoke
02-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Exactly. Ries said that his forearms were burning by the time the refs finally called it right. I can't even imagine what (if any) "ulterior" methods were being employed to try & "persuade" him to let go! :scared0011: :laugh:

yeah ... lucky he was wearing a jock ... or something else may have been burning ... LOL

J.B.
02-09-2010, 04:56 PM

Nobody in here denied that the Saints won fair and square.

We were just discussing the call to kick it onside at the start of the 3rd quarter when the score is 10-6.

Some people think it was a stroke of football genius, I think it was a risky call that was unnecessary and could have potentially cost them the game. I'm not mad that they did it, or got it back. I could care less about Indy or New Orleans to be honest. :laugh:

VCURamFan
02-09-2010, 04:56 PM
yeah ... lucky he was wearing a jock ... or something else may have been burning ... LOL
:scared0011: :blink: :ninja:

Miss Foxy
02-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Nobody in here denied that the Saints won fair and square.

We were just discussing the call to kick it onside at the start of the 3rd quarter when the score is 10-6.

Some people think it was a stroke of football genius, I think it was a risky call that was unnecessary and could have potentially cost them the game. I'm not mad that they did it, or got it back. I could care less about Indy or New Orleans to be honest. :laugh:

Just an FYI I never stated anyone particular in the Matt Hughes forum. And it's cool you don't care about either team maybe your team will be there next year..:laugh:

J.B.
02-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Just an FYI I never stated anyone particular in the Matt Hughes forum. And it's cool you don't care about either team maybe your team will be there next year..:laugh:

I understand that, I was just kinda clarifying what was said in this thread.

I also didn't mean it with any malice when I said I could care less about those teams. Just like any fan, I'm loyal to my teams, and I'm sure there are very few around here who give a crap about the Cards! :laugh:

rearnakedchoke
02-09-2010, 06:34 PM

I also didn't mean it with any malice when I said I could care less about those teams. Just like any fan, I'm loyal to my teams, and I'm sure there are very few around here who give a crap about the Cards! :laugh:

cards are awesome ... pujols for MVP!

J.B.
02-09-2010, 06:58 PM
cards are awesome ... pujols for MVP!

Yeah, I was definitely not talking about those Cards. :rolleyes:

But any team that beats up on the Cubs is okay with me.:)

Miss Foxy
02-09-2010, 07:16 PM

I also didn't mean it with any malice when I said I could care less about those teams. Just like any fan, I'm loyal to my teams, and I'm sure there are very few around here who give a crap about the Cards! :laugh:My ex-husband loves the Cards!! I did not mean any bad as well you already know me so don't ever trip :) And I mean that sincerely maybe your team next year. Dude, I have gotten so much crap for liking the Saints, but I loved Brees on the Chargers and when he went to the Saints so did I!! I think it's great to be loyal to your teams whether they are winning or not now thats a fan!

J.B.
02-09-2010, 07:47 PM
My ex-husband loves the Cards!! I did not mean any bad as well you already know me so don't ever trip :) And I mean that sincerely maybe your team next year. Dude, I have gotten so much crap for liking the Saints, but I loved Brees on the Chargers and when he went to the Saints so did I!! I think it's great to be loyal to your teams whether they are winning or not now thats a fan!

Brees is the man, no question there.

Next year is a crap-shoot for the Cards with the big question lingering at QB, but we will see. Thats why they play the game! :)

Rev
02-09-2010, 09:57 PM
Unless your team is the Cards.:wink::laugh:JK

J.B.
02-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Unless your team is the Cards.:wink::laugh:JK

:rolleyes:

Watch it! :punch:

:laugh:

Rev
02-09-2010, 10:16 PM
:laugh:had to do it dude.:laugh: