PDA

View Full Version : The USAF welcomes witches

TexasRN
02-02-2010, 01:53 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584500,00.html (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584500,00.html)

"When I first arrived here, Earth-centered cadets didn't have anywhere to call home," said Sgt. Robert Longcrier, the lay leader of the neo-pagan groups on base.
"Now, they meet every Monday night, they get to go on retreats, and they have a stone circle.""

The Air Force has "Earth Centered cadets....." :laugh:

~Amy

Jeff Crow
02-02-2010, 02:04 AM
So sad...

DonnaMaria
02-02-2010, 02:10 AM
Shouldn't they be "Sky centered"?!:huh: They ARE a part of the Air Force.

Earth centered.......that would be more of an Army druid-wiccan-kinda person.

ya know?!?:wink::laugh:

flo
02-02-2010, 02:19 AM
Oh brother, what next?

NateR
02-02-2010, 02:57 AM
We had these guys in the Army as far back as 1995. One of my roommates in Ft. Hood was a Wiccan as was his "wife" (they got married in some tree ceremony). I was actually stationed alongside several of them during a couple of different duty stations. When I was in Korea, we even had a guy who walked around in a cape during his off duty hours. :laugh:

As far as I can remember, they were never more than slugs as soldiers. Out of shape, no motivation, always going on sick call, just overall very poor quality military personnel.

Jeff Crow
02-02-2010, 03:18 AM
We had a Wiccan guy when I was in Germany who just sat in his room weaving baskets. He ended up getting kicked out for consistently being late to work.

NateR
02-02-2010, 03:23 AM
We had a Wiccan guy when I was in Germany who just sat in his room weaving baskets. He ended up getting kicked out for consistently being late to work.

Why these people join the military is beyond me.

VCURamFan
02-02-2010, 03:28 AM
A buddy of mine in high school band (clarinet player) was dating a flute player who said she was Wiccan. She brought in her "wand", which I pointed out looked suspiciously like a twig off a Paradise Tree. She told me that any piece of wood could be a wand as long as you "anoint it with Olive Oil". Next band period, I took my buddy's clarinet, put a coupla drops of oil on it & asked her to cast a spell. She was not amused. :laugh:

Jeff Crow
02-02-2010, 03:28 AM

I still haven't figured out how some of them slide through basic training.

Llamafighter
02-02-2010, 03:56 AM
A buddy of mine in high school band (clarinet player) was dating a flute player who said she was Wiccan. She brought in her "wand", which I pointed out looked suspiciously like a twig off a Paradise Tree. She told me that any piece of wood could be a wand as long as you "anoint it with Olive Oil". Next band period, I took my buddy's clarinet, put a coupla drops of oil on it & asked her to cast a spell. She was not amused. :laugh:

one time at band camp..:laugh::laugh::laugh:

VCURamFan
02-02-2010, 03:58 AM
one time at band camp..:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hey, that's not funny. :ninja: :blink: :scared0015:

:laugh:

Llamafighter
02-02-2010, 03:59 AM
Hey, that's not funny. :ninja: :blink: :scared0015:

Hey, you oiled your buddy's clarinet!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

VCURamFan
02-02-2010, 04:05 AM

I know! You don't know how not amused she was! :scared0011: :scared0011: :scared0011:

MattHughesRocks
02-02-2010, 04:10 AM
Who else would be dumb enough to pay them? :laugh:

VCURamFan
02-02-2010, 04:17 AM
Who else would be dumb enough to pay them? :laugh:

Obama?

flo
02-02-2010, 10:07 AM
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

TexasRN
02-02-2010, 11:27 AM

This statement sounds so wrong for so many reasons..... :unsure-1:

~Amy

Spiritwalker
02-02-2010, 11:30 AM

I REALLY thought you were going somewhere else with that towards the end...:Whistle:

TENNESSEAN
02-02-2010, 04:02 PM

:w00t::w00t:Llama's:cool:

Rev
02-02-2010, 06:21 PM
I had a cousin who just decide to become wiccan or whatever. The guy has always been a real peace of dirt, not being mean but he was always in trouble and trying to be different. I had already surrendered to the ministry so the family didnt want to tell me for some reason.:rolleyes: whatever.
So at our Christmas party that year he shows up in all black and sporting a cape. WOW. I just started laughing cause he looked rediculous. He got mad and tried to fight me, he thought because I was a minister(youth pastor at the time) I would back down and cower from him.

He was wrong.:devil: heh heh heh:punch:
He didnt wear the cape after that night, my aunt still hardly speaks to me.

TexasRN
02-02-2010, 06:32 PM
I had a cousin who just decide to become wiccan or whatever. The guy has always been a real peace of dirt, not being mean but he was always in trouble and trying to be different. I had already surrendered to the ministry so the family didnt want to tell me for some reason.:rolleyes: whatever.
So at our Christmas party that year he shows up in all black and sporting a cape. WOW. I just started laughing cause he looked rediculous. He got mad and tried to fight me, he thought because I was a minister(youth pastor at the time) I would back down and cower from him.

He was wrong.:devil: heh heh heh:punch:
He didnt wear the cape after that night, my aunt still hardly speaks to me.

:laugh: I have an aunt who claims to be Wiccan. She hates me. :rolleyes:

~Amy

Miss Foxy
02-02-2010, 08:35 PM
My mom was into that for a while.. :frantics: My grandma decided to start calling her Broom Hilda lol!!:stirthepot:

Tyburn
02-05-2010, 08:21 PM
I knew a woman once called Rebekah Wenham, She used to be involved in Wiccan practises, and she used to sit in the Library at Lunctime and do tarot readings for people :blink:

North Yorkshire also has quite a centre for the Druid strand of Pagenism...they like to visit Whitby on certain dates...one being...yesterday infact :laugh:

Robertboxerboy
02-05-2010, 08:46 PM
I used to have a girl on the bus that claimed she was wiccan. she was mean too, let me tell you! Since she was so mean to every body we would make fun of her in rebellion. Just cause we werent gonna take her crap.

So when day she was talking to another friend (gothic....jeez) about how she cut her hand open and had to get a bunch of stitches and when they were in the hospital she was laughing at the sight of it and the pain. She said "my parents think im messed up", and one of my buddies turned around and said "listen to you! you are!". She threw orange juice at us lol.

VCURamFan
02-06-2010, 05:28 AM
I used to have a girl on the bus that claimed she was wiccan. she was mean too, let me tell you! Since she was so mean to every body we would make fun of her in rebellion. Just cause we werent gonna take her crap.

So when day she was talking to another friend (gothic....jeez) about how she cut her hand open and had to get a bunch of stitches and when they were in the hospital she was laughing at the sight of it and the pain. She said "my parents think im messed up", and one of my buddies turned around and said "listen to you! you are!". She threw orange juice at us lol.

Hahahaha, I've been in that exact same situation!! :happydancing: