PDA

View Full Version : Have a look at Ryan Miller's Team U.S.A. goalie mask

billwilliams70
02-01-2010, 08:03 PM
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_oly_experts__6/ept_sports_oly_experts-685961681-1264716532.jpg?ym075lCDa4I8b6u8

Ryan Miller is the goalie for the Buffalo Sabres, and this February he will be repping the United States to the fullest as the number one netman for the national team.

Here's the article. (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/Have-a-look-at-Ryan-Miller-s-Team-U-S-A-goalie-?urn=oly,216353)

Later.

Llamafighter
02-01-2010, 08:13 PM
that is sweet! thanks for posting!

Miss Foxy
02-01-2010, 08:48 PM
That's a nice mask!! Woot woot!! Go Miller...

Neezar
02-01-2010, 08:50 PM
:laugh: I love it!

billwilliams70
02-01-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm diggin' it, I think it's really cool lookin'.

Later.

matthughesfan21
02-02-2010, 12:35 AM
thats a cool mask...can't wait for the tourney to start, Miller is one of the best goalies in the olympics alongside Brodeur and Luongo in Canada, the U.S. is outmatched in most of the other areas, so he'll have to come up huge if they want to come home with a medal

J.B.
02-02-2010, 01:06 AM
That mask is definitely tight :cool:

Miss Foxy
02-02-2010, 04:25 PM
thats a cool mask...can't wait for the tourney to start, Miller is one of the best goalies in the olympics alongside Brodeur and Luongo in Canada, the U.S. is outmatched in most of the other areas, so he'll have to come up huge if they want to come home with a medalI like Quick from the Kings!!

matthughesfan21
02-02-2010, 05:35 PM
I like Quick from the Kings!!
He's turning into a good young goalie, he still has some improvements to make, but in a few years he could be one of the elite goalies in the league...Pretty cool experience for him to be in the olympics this year as well, he is the third goalie, so he won't see much time behind Miller and Thomas, but still a cool experience for a 24 year old

Miss Foxy
02-02-2010, 05:39 PM
He's turning into a good young goalie, he still has some improvements to make, but in a few years he could be one of the elite goalies in the league...Pretty cool experience for him to be in the olympics this year as well, he is the third goalie, so he won't see much time behind Miller and Thomas, but still a cool experience for a 24 year old

Hockey is such an exciting sport!! I love the Kings!! I did not even know Quick was the 3rd goalie. Thanks for the info.. Much appreciated. Go USA!!

matthughesfan21
02-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Hockey is such an exciting sport!! I love the Kings!! I did not even know Quick was the 3rd goalie. Thanks for the info.. Much appreciated. Go USA!!
its amazing

Miller is the number one, given that it is a lot of games in a short amount of time, Thomas might get a couple starts also to keep Miller fresh...Quick is 3rd which basically just means he gets to go, he won't see any ice time unless there is a blowout or injury, he just edged out Craig Anderson from the Avs for the 3rd spot....I'm rooting for the USA of course, Kane from the hawks will be one of the top guys on the team, but if Canada wins it, I won't be that disappointed, 3 hawks are on team canada

billwilliams70
02-16-2010, 07:47 PM
http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/tools/med/2010/02/ipt/1266292761.jpg?x=220&y=185&xc=1&yc=1&wc=220&hc=185&q=100&sig=QqhIBcOqwGU5ThRfR2jz4A--

VANCOUVER, British Columbia – When Ryan Miller, goaltender of the United States’ men’s hockey team, commissioned the painting of a special Olympic mask, he suspected some of it might run into trouble.

Read the rest here. (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/ice_hockey/news?slug=dw-miller021510&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

Later.

bradwright
02-17-2010, 01:02 PM
its amazing

Miller is the number one, given that it is a lot of games in a short amount of time, Thomas might get a couple starts also to keep Miller fresh...Quick is 3rd which basically just means he gets to go, he won't see any ice time unless there is a blowout or injury, he just edged out Craig Anderson from the Avs for the 3rd spot....I'm rooting for the USA of course, Kane from the hawks will be one of the top guys on the team, but if Canada wins it, I won't be that disappointed, 3 hawks are on team canada

what do you mean "IF"?:unsure-1:

VCURamFan
02-17-2010, 01:59 PM
what do you mean "IF"?:unsure-1:
Well I suppose it's theoretically possible y'all could pull a Dan Jansen & fall flat on your face in the last turn when you have a 5sec lead & blow the gold.

matthughesfan21
02-17-2010, 04:02 PM
what do you mean "IF"?:unsure-1:watch out for Russia..It's a deep field that Canada is the favorite in, but several teams(Canada, Russia, Slovakia, Sweden, USA, Findland)all have fair chances of winning...You have Luongo in goal, you know how he plays in high pressure situations...Canada should win it, but Russia is an amazing teeam also, never count out Ovie, Malkin, Kovalchuk(thats a helluva first line) there 3rd and 4th lines are solid as well, maybe not as good as Canada...THe russian D is solid, but not as many big names, and Nabokov is in goal, but he has choking issues as well, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out

rearnakedchoke
02-17-2010, 08:00 PM
watch out for Russia..It's a deep field that Canada is the favorite in, but several teams(Canada, Russia, Slovakia, Sweden, USA, Findland)all have fair chances of winning...You have Luongo in goal, you know how he plays in high pressure situations...Canada should win it, but Russia is an amazing teeam also, never count out Ovie, Malkin, Kovalchuk(thats a helluva first line) there 3rd and 4th lines are solid as well, maybe not as good as Canada...THe russian D is solid, but not as many big names, and Nabokov is in goal, but he has choking issues as well, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out

Being Canadian, I have to feel we will win this ... Now being the greatest hockey nation in the world doesnt' mean we will win it all the time. I think Russia and the US have great chances at gold.

matthughesfan21
02-17-2010, 09:42 PM
Being Canadian, I have to feel we will win this ... Now being the greatest hockey nation in the world doesnt' mean we will win it all the time. I think Russia and the US have great chances at gold.

I think you will win it also, but in such a short tourney with so many other great teams, anything can happen...A goalie standing on his head for a couple games can steal the gold, thats why the US are even being talked about in contention, because they don't have the depth of Canada or Russia at other positions...I'm excited for the US vs. Canada game on Sunday, be interesting to see how they match up against one another

rearnakedchoke
02-18-2010, 12:09 PM
I think you will win it also, but in such a short tourney with so many other great teams, anything can happen...A goalie standing on his head for a couple games can steal the gold, thats why the US are even being talked about in contention, because they don't have the depth of Canada or Russia at other positions...I'm excited for the US vs. Canada game on Sunday, be interesting to see how they match up against one another

yeah, remember Hasek in Nagano I think ... he won it for his team that year ....

matthughesfan21
02-18-2010, 03:32 PM
yeah, remember Hasek in Nagano I think ... he won it for his team that year ....
The Czech team was good of course, but he def. won it for them, he is also one of the best goaltenders of all time, so that helps haha

2002 and 2006 gold winners had great goalies as well, but the teams overall were deeper and contributed more to the win instead of just Brodeur and Lundqvist standing on their heads in 2002 and 2006...Regardless of the team around them, no team is going to win goal in spite of their goaltender, the goalies are all going to have to play well

rearnakedchoke
02-19-2010, 02:14 PM
The Czech team was good of course, but he def. won it for them, he is also one of the best goaltenders of all time, so that helps haha

2002 and 2006 gold winners had great goalies as well, but the teams overall were deeper and contributed more to the win instead of just Brodeur and Lundqvist standing on their heads in 2002 and 2006...Regardless of the team around them, no team is going to win goal in spite of their goaltender, the goalies are all going to have to play well

man, we had a tough time with the Swiss last nite ... doesn't look good ... although Hiller was amazing in the third we shoulda won that in regulation ... Sunday's game is gonna be good ...