PDA

View Full Version : where have you lived?

Tyburn
01-28-2010, 09:49 PM
How many places of residence have you been through?

I was born in a house on Newark Road, which is a main arterial road that leads into Lincoln from the North Hykeham suberb. My Family had only just moved to the city, and had already moved house from Brant Road (another arterial road entering Lincoln from Bracebridge Heath) I lived their from 1982-1985 I dont remember a thing about it :laugh:

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5973/81737526.jpg (http://img96.imageshack.us/i/81737526.jpg/) This is me in that House :laugh: I must have been about four/five years old because :ashamed:

Then my Family moved to the Swallowbeck suberb of Lincoln. We had a detached House with a huge back Garden which was loaned to us for pennies from the council. I lived in that house from 1986-2000. It was the sorta dream house you'd want to raise children in, it had a back Garden, one Side Garden with a pond, and a front Garden, it had three fully matured apple trees on the property (one was a cooker) and one pear tree. It had two conservatories (one was taken down) a single Garage Two porches, Three gated entrances, two at the front and one at the side (but the side one wasnt in use) on the ground floor it had a big lounge and dinning room, then three Bedrooms, a small toilet, a kitchen, a small reception room as part of the corridor and a lobby. Upstairs was a major bathroom, another bedroom and a large study, there was undereves storage on that level the length of the building and also a loft above. (we only lacked a celler :laugh:)

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/9837/img006gc.jpg (http://img191.imageshack.us/i/img006gc.jpg/)

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5479/img005o.jpg (http://img96.imageshack.us/i/img005o.jpg/)

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/9361/img004c.jpg (http://img638.imageshack.us/i/img004c.jpg/)

The family arrived in Harrogate on August 8th 2000 and took up residence in a three leveled Terrace in the Dragon Estate. The property has a tiny front and back garden, no Garage so on street parking only although there is a back road. On the ground floor it has a living room, a dinning room, a kitchen, a washroom and a toilet. It has a tiny cellar beneith. The next level has two bedrooms and a bathroom, and the top level has two bedrooms and a tiny toilet with a tiny undereve storage area and a small loft above. I dont really like the house very much, but it was my base when I was at University or back from London. so primarily I lived their for August 2000, between July and August 2003 and September 2005-February 2006

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/2013/img003xd.jpg (http://img402.imageshack.us/i/img003xd.jpg/)

Revis Barber Halls of Residence room G8 was my first room on the Laisteridge Lane off campus at The University of Bradford. I lived their from September 2000-September 2001 I loved that little room. it had everything I needed except for a toilet. These were shared with the corridor :unsure:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5262/img002ee.jpg (http://img237.imageshack.us/i/img002ee.jpg/)

Talbot Street of Bradford was where the Ill-fated attempt at a student house share tried to occure. The House was a tiny Terrace of three floors, a Livingroom and Kitchen on the ground floor (no dinning room) Two Bedrooms on the first floor with the toilet and two Bedrooms on the top floor. We did have an expansive cellar though...unfortunately the house was run down and in terrible conditions and in a problem area of bradford. When you turned the light on in the cellar, you could see it through the Kitchen floor :unsure-1: Then someone on our street started to poisen all the rats...and one died in the walls, so we had to excavate the staircase to retrieve the corpses which began to odour the house :wacko: Eventually we abandoned the property. I lived there from September 2001-March 2002

Dennis Bellamy Halls of Residence room J18....and yes...the lift never worked :angry: This was a solitary time as I was also kinda in hiding from certain people who were out to get me :ninja: I lived their from April - September 2002.

Charles Morris Halls of Residence Room B16 this was the best halls of residence ever, the rooms were massive, but there was still shared lavs :laugh: I lived in this hall for much of my anas horibilis :cry: from September 2002 - July 2003

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/1127/img007bx.jpg (http://img638.imageshack.us/i/img007bx.jpg/)

Pearman Street in London. You know this house was so unsuitable and so...horrible. I mean it was a nasty end terrace, terribly modern but sorta clinically cold. It had a front yard and back garden, on the ground floor was the Kitchen/dinning room, Lounge, Toilet, prayer room, and conservatory. On the first floor there was three bedrooms and a bathroom, and on the top floor another two bedrooms. My room was smaller then the room I had in University Halls. it was like a cell :scared0011: The house ozzed saddness if that is possible. The place held an atmosphere of dispair...although it became better in my second year of Saint Paul's Cathedral Lay Community...it still wasnt fantastic. I lived their from September 2003-August 2005

Granville. I now live on the first floor of a Terrace house which has been converted into three flats. the appartment has a kitchen, a bathroom, a bedroom and a living room. Its pretty shyitty in terms of condition...there is a mould problem, their is no heating, and the roof in the bloody bathroom ended up IN the bath about two months after I moved in due to a leak in the roof :laugh: but I have lived in this flat EXACTLY four years to the DAY :w00t:

Where would you like to live next?

I could see myself living in Liverpool, and equally I could see myself living in Chicago.:cool:

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/6436/pict0182.jpg (http://img638.imageshack.us/i/pict0182.jpg/)

TexasRN
01-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Born: Ft Knox, Kentucky
Moved to: Cucamonga, California
Overseas to: Kaiserslaughtern, Germany (sp?)
Back to the states to: Gatewood, Missouri
Then: El Paso, Texas
Moved back to: Gatewood, Missouri
Back to Texas to: Groesbeck, Texas
Then: Thornton, Texas
On to: Groesbeck, Texas
On my own to: Kosse, Texas
Then: Mexia, Texas
Married and moved to: North Charleston, South Carolina
Shipped to: Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Then: Kittery, Maine
From there to: Groton, Connecticut
On to: East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
To: Rockport, Texas
Different house but still in: Rockport, Texas
From there to: Tomball, Texas
Different house but still in: Tomball, Texas
Now: Cary, North Carolina
Next month moving to: Raleigh, North Carolina

Phew, I'm tired just listing those places. Probably I even left one or two out. :laugh:

~Amy

flo
01-28-2010, 10:14 PM
Heh. My list reads like Amy's as I was also a military brat :-)

flo
01-28-2010, 10:15 PM
Kiitery, I love that name!

If I'm ever in Maine I will definitely go there. :)

flo
01-28-2010, 10:16 PM
Sheesh. Kiitery=Kittery

:ashamed:

TexasRN
01-28-2010, 10:24 PM
Sheesh. Kiitery=Kittery

:ashamed:

:laugh: It's a nice little town right on the border of NH. It's coastal and rather small. York is close and it probably still has tons of outlet stores. My son was born in York, in one of their 3 delivery rooms right before a snow storm. They moved me to pediatrics the next day because they had too many women in labor and I was doing well. :unsure-1: I have good memories of those places.

~Amy

Miss Foxy
01-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Los Angeles, CA
San Diego, CA, North Richland Hills, Texas...Cross your fingers hopefully Washington next...

bradwright
01-28-2010, 11:04 PM
could i include jails Dave ?:unsure-1:

Tyburn
01-28-2010, 11:06 PM
could i include jails Dave ?:unsure-1:

Yes. They are legal places of Residence also...just like a ship would be if you were in the Navy :laugh:

Oddtodd76
01-28-2010, 11:11 PM
Wow! I have only lived within one county...Macon County.
Decatur, Blue Mound, Mt. Zion, Illinois

MattHughesRocks
01-28-2010, 11:19 PM
California, southern and northern. Damn I'm so cool :cool:

Primadawn
01-28-2010, 11:47 PM
Born: Belleville, IL
Then: Piedmont Missouri
Then at age 2: Steelville Missouri
at 18:Canton Missouri
Then: Jacksonville, Florida
Then: Steelville, Missouri
Then: Waynesville Missouri
Then: Ft. Leonard Wood Missouri
Then: Ft. Drum, NY
Then: Hallstead Pennsylvania
Soon: Steelville, MO (sensing a pattern here?):laugh:

flo
01-29-2010, 12:11 AM
:laugh: It's a nice little town right on the border of NH. It's coastal and rather small. York is close and it probably still has tons of outlet stores. My son was born in York, in one of their 3 delivery rooms right before a snow storm. They moved me to pediatrics the next day because they had too many women in labor and I was doing well. :unsure-1: I have good memories of those places.

~Amy
Sounds like a good place to visit, and now I'll be sure to remember the name. :)

Neezar
01-29-2010, 12:42 AM
Alabama
Tennessee
California

Jeff Crow
01-29-2010, 12:50 AM
Nokomis, Illinois
San Antonio, Texas
Witchita Falls, Texas
Spangdahlem, Germany
Ft. Walton Beach, Florida
Osan, Korea
Clovis, New Mexico
Goldsboro, North Carolina

I actually didnt move out of Nokomis, IL till I was joined the military at 21.

J.B.
01-29-2010, 12:57 AM
Imma do the short version of my list...

Chicago and Phoenix. :wink:

TexasRN
01-29-2010, 02:27 AM
So far, I'm winning! :happydancing: Dave, what do I get?

~Amy

NateR
01-29-2010, 02:47 AM
If we're talking about homes, not just towns, then:

Springfield, Illinois - 1 house
Buffalo, Illinois - 1
Houston, Texas - 2
Belen, New Mexico - 3
Santa Fe, New Mexico - 4
Ft. Sill, Oklahoma - 2
Darmstadt, Germany - 1
Alamogordo, New Mexico - 1
Ft. Gordon, Georgia - 1
Ft. Hood, Texas - 5
Taszar, Hungary - 2
Slovanski Brod, Croatia - 2
Camp Steel Castle, Bosnia - 2
Camp Bedrock, Bosnia - 1
Uijongbu, South Korea - 2
Ft. Bliss, Texas - 1
Alamogordo, New Mexico again - 1
Hillsboro, Illinois - 2

Silverback
01-29-2010, 11:55 AM
Born: Belleville, IL
Then: Piedmont Missouri
Then at age 2: Steelville Missouri
at 18:Canton Missouri
Then: Jacksonville, Florida
Then: Waynesville Missouri
Then: Ft. Leonard Wood Missouri
Then: Ft. Drum, NY
Then: Hallstead Pennsylvania
Soon: Steelville, MO (sensing a pattern here?):laugh:

Oh no, Steelville, Mo. I am there quite a bit, Wildwood Springs Lodge, a lot of good music and good times.:cool::cool::cool:

Primadawn
01-29-2010, 03:04 PM
Oh no, Steelville, Mo. I am there quite a bit, Wildwood Springs Lodge, a lot of good music and good times.:cool::cool::cool:

NO WAY!!! WHY? Why do you go to Steelville? Floating?

Once I move back, you will definitely have to let me know if you're going to be there.

Wildwood has gone through many incarnations. What are they doing with it now? Just open as a bar, or do they have the rooms open too? I have lots of crazy memories from that place!:laugh:

Llamafighter
01-29-2010, 03:09 PM
Grew up in Wells County Indiana (20 yrs)
Moved to Ft Wayne , IN (for 7 years)
Moved to Nahsville, TN (for a year)
Moved to Orlando, FL (for a month)
Back to Angola, IN (only for a few weeks)
Moved to Astoria, NY (Queens) (5yrs)

MattHughesRocks
01-29-2010, 03:37 PM
What about where everyone has gone willingly :laugh: Not counting places that your parents drug you to, where have you lived as adults?

Silverback
01-29-2010, 08:05 PM
I know people that live about 5 mins. from Wildwood, as far as Wildwood, one of the coolest places ever, they have Bands come in and you go there for the weekend, have dinner stay in the rooms and then party with the bands all night, Bands like Poco, America, Firefall(one of my fav.) Ozark Mountain Daredevils,the list goes on and on, the place is great, yes and do a lot of floating, look forward to running into you there.:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011:NO WAY!!! WHY? Why do you go to Steelville? Floating?

Once I move back, you will definitely have to let me know if you're going to be there.

Wildwood has gone through many incarnations. What are they doing with it now? Just open as a bar, or do they have the rooms open too? I have lots of crazy memories from that place!:laugh:

NateR
01-29-2010, 08:14 PM
What about where everyone has gone willingly :laugh: Not counting places that your parents drug you to, where have you lived as adults?

The only place where I have moved to 100% of my own free will has been Hillsboro, IL. Everything else was influenced/forced by either my parents or the US Army.

VCURamFan
01-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Born & raised in Mechanicsville, VA
Moved to Richmond, VA (15min SW) for college
Moved back to Mechanicsville, VA after graduation.

Shortest list! :happydancing:

Mac
01-29-2010, 08:46 PM
Shelbyville Illinois.

Actually i guess back when i was 2 years old , we moved down by cowden " 5 miles from shelbyville" lol but didnt live there a full year i dont think .

But ive only been out of this state maybe 5 or 6 times. and none of em were vacations really. none of the trips involved me being out of illinois for 24 hours ha ha ha.
4th grade st louis zoo trip .
about 5 years ago we took Boone to the st louis zoo .
picked up a motor in indiana
sold it on ebay and delivered it to georgia
had to go pick up a family member from ohio.

And thats the extent of my travels . never been to Chicago and dont plan on it , If Matt fights there ill make the drive , But thats the only reason i can ever see me going there.

Twinsmama
01-29-2010, 08:55 PM
I've lived in 2 houses. My parents from the time I was born until I moved into my own a few weeks before we got married. They are probably only about 5 miles apart.

:tongue0011::tongue0011: Ben now whose got the shortest list!!??!!:laugh:

Black Mamba
01-30-2010, 03:48 AM
Lived: Imperial Beach, CA
Lived: Honolulu, HI
Lived: Back to Imperial Beach, CA
Currently reside: San Diego, CA (borderline San Ysidro, 2 miles from the Mexico border)

MattHughesRocks
01-30-2010, 03:42 PM
La Mirada Ca
Spokane Wa
Pico Rivera Ca
Whittier Ca
Hesperia Ca
Apple Valley Ca
Bakersfield Ca
La Mirada Ca (again)
San Clemente Ca
Huntington Beach ( 2 places)
Irvine ( 2 places)
Silverado Ca ( in Modjeska Canyon)
Irvine (again)
Redwood City Ca
San Carlos Ca

All as an adult and I think I'm missing a couple of places :unsure:

VCURamFan
01-30-2010, 04:23 PM
I've lived in 2 houses. My parents from the time I was born until I moved into my own a few weeks before we got married. They are probably only about 5 miles apart.

:tongue0011::tongue0011: Ben now whose got the shortest list!!??!!:laugh:
My sister:

She lived in my parents' place all through college (commuted to a place only about 20-30min away) & then got married & moved into my great-grandparents' place. Its yard backs up right to ours. You had to go a whole friggin' 5 miles! :tongue0011:

CAMPO
02-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Florida....Florida...Florida :tongue0011:

philips4
02-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Wow Amy, I get dizzy reading where you have lived! Sounds more like a world tour schedule than where someone has lived! :blink: I say you win that one hands down!

I was born and raised in Kennewick, Washington, then I graduated and started the "of your own free will moves" to:

Pullman, WA
Maui, HI
Portland, OR
Seattle, WA
Las Vegas, NV
Hoffman Estates, IL
San Marcos, CA

I still live in San Marcos, CA (San Diego) and have to say that CA wins, hands down over all those states!! :cool:

Miss Foxy
02-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Lived: Imperial Beach, CA
Lived: Honolulu, HI
Lived: Back to Imperial Beach, CA
Currently reside: San Diego, CA (borderline San Ysidro, 2 miles from the Mexico border)
Omg I had a house in IB!! I always used to buy my wine at the IGA on Palm!! Small world!! I miss it there I used to ride my bike on the strand..SD is the place to be!

rearnakedchoke
02-08-2010, 06:14 PM
man i suck ... Toronto ... that is it

Silverback
02-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Hey, its not nice to stick your tongue out, someone told me that once!!:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011:Florida. ...Florida...Florida :tongue0011:

Silverback
02-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Pacific, Mo., Golden Meadow, La., Elsberry, Mo.,Winfield, Mo., Deadwood, SD., St. Louis, Mo.But have worked all over.:Whistle::Whistle::Whistle:

surveyorshawn
02-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Born in Milton, FL
Pensacola, FL
St. Augustine, FL
Norfolk, VA
Wiggins, MS
San Diego, CA
back to Wiggins, MS
Fruitland Park, MS
Wiggins, MS
Perkinston, MS
Mississippi State University
Starkville, MS
Wiggins, MS
Perkinston, MS
Wiggins, MS
Hattiesburg, MS
Oak Grove, MS
Wiggins, MS

MattHughesRocks
02-11-2010, 12:18 AM
Can't get enough of Wiggins huh? :laugh:

surveyorshawn
02-11-2010, 12:24 AM
Can't get enough of Wiggins huh? :laugh:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Yeah, it had that kind of yo-yo effect on me, lol

I live on family property there and kept coming back! Next goal, the midwest or Pacific Northwest!!

DonnaMaria
02-11-2010, 12:28 AM
NJ. Only NJ

*sigh*:unsure:

DonnaMaria
02-11-2010, 12:36 AM
I think Sicilians are genetically programmed to live on the east coast. How many Sicilians do you know living out west?! We arrived on the boat from Sicily and we stayed here. We moved a little bit into Philly but that was it!:laugh:

surveyorshawn
02-11-2010, 12:36 AM
NJ. Only NJ

*sigh*:unsure:

I've visited there once! Moving a lot is no fun!! I'm about to do it again too. I don't see how Amy does it!!

DonnaMaria
02-11-2010, 12:38 AM
On the flip side we have DAMN good pizza here! You haven't eaten REAL pizza until you eat a pie made by a Sicilian! :)

DonnaMaria
02-11-2010, 12:39 AM
I've visited there once! Moving a lot is no fun!! I'm about to do it again too. I don't see how Amy does it!!

North NJ or South NJ?! They are two completely different areas. Totally different. They should be different states! :laugh:

surveyorshawn
02-11-2010, 12:55 AM
North NJ or South NJ?! They are two completely different areas. Totally different. They should be different states! :laugh:

I went to Atlantic City, Mays Landing, Barrington, and across the river into Philly. You're right, the pizza is amazing!! So is the philly cheese steak!! I guess there's nothing like the real thing!! And just to think, I grew up thinking Pizza Hut was Italian food! Lol

DonnaMaria
02-11-2010, 01:44 AM
I went to Atlantic City, Mays Landing, Barrington, and across the river into Philly. You're right, the pizza is amazing!! So is the philly cheese steak!! I guess there's nothing like the real thing!! And just to think, I grew up thinking Pizza Hut was Italian food! Lol

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! Oh NO! No no no no NO!!!! Oh no! :frantics::scared0015:

Oh you poor thing!!!!! :cry:

Honestly........Pizza Hut.......is Italian fast food. It's nothing like the real stuff.

My sister lives in OK, and her friends make her cook all the time!

DonnaMaria
02-11-2010, 01:45 AM
Don't ask me how she ended up in OK. It's a mystery...........:wacko:

surveyorshawn
02-11-2010, 01:58 AM
Don't ask me how she ended up in OK. It's a mystery...........:wacko:
Lol, it's a mystery how I wound up in NJ for a week :ninja:, but I enjoyed being there! AC was fun, and I ran the Rocky steps in Philly (got my pic taken doing it too!). Everyone in that part of NJ was Italian or Irish, so I fit in with my last name, just not my accent, lol. However, the Italians and Irish didn't seem to get along that well, even when they were married to each other, lol

DonnaMaria
02-11-2010, 02:02 AM
Lol, it's a mystery how I wound up in NJ for a week :ninja:, but I enjoyed being there! AC was fun, and I ran the Rocky steps in Philly (got my pic taken doing it too!). Everyone in that part of NJ was Italian or Irish, so I fit in with my last name, just not my accent, lol. However, the Italians and Irish didn't seem to get along that well, even when they were married to each other, lol

Ha! :laugh:It's because they both are stubborn, with big mouths and hot tempers. :rolleyes::laugh:

BUT the Italian food is MUCH better.......but the Irish have better beer! ;)

surveyorshawn
02-11-2010, 02:06 AM
Ha! :laugh:It's because they both are stubborn, with big mouths and hot tempers. :rolleyes::laugh:

BUT the Italian food is MUCH better.......but the Irish have better beer! ;)

I agree on both counts, lol...and my last name starts with O' lol!