PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Lashley vs. Wes Sims

billwilliams70
01-28-2010, 05:04 PM
http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop/600/_images/pictures/20090628091035_IMG_6093.JPG
The fight card for Saturday's "Strikeforce: Miami" fight card is officially complete; the promotion over the weekend added the card's final bout, Bobby Lashley vs. Wes Sims, on its Web site.

Read the rest here...... (http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AoEOzqWKpPn_9LL_l1fVEvQ9Eo14?slug=mmajun kie-Lashley_Sims_Strikeforce_Miami&prov=mmajunkie&type=lgns)....discuss all you want!

Interesting matchup for Lashley. Fighting someone with some experience even though is record isn't the best.

Whaddya think?

Later.

VCURamFan
01-28-2010, 05:35 PM
I thought Sims was supposed to fight Big Tim?

Chris F
01-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Lashley has been a bit to occupied with TNA as of late and this distraction might cost him big. I think he can take Wes but not sure it will be pretty.

billwilliams70
01-28-2010, 06:02 PM
I thought Sims was supposed to fight Big Tim?
Apparantly not. :wink:
Lashley has been a bit to occupied with TNA as of late and this distraction might cost him big. I think he can take Wes but not sure it will be pretty.
Really? I thought he gave that up.....left the world of professional wrestling behind. That speaks of his commitment to the sport of MMA though.

Later.

Max
01-28-2010, 11:24 PM

TNA only tapes like once or twice a month so he really has not lost that much training time.

Jeff Crow
01-29-2010, 02:04 AM
He wont be able to stop Lashley's take downs. If Sims dont get GnP'd out Lashley win will by decision.

J.B.
01-29-2010, 03:00 AM
Lashley left TNA, and he wasn't really doing much with them. I think he will be okay.

Chris F
01-29-2010, 06:58 AM
TNA only tapes like once or twice a month so he really has not lost that much training time.

They tape weekly every Tuesday in fact. And they have house shows which Bobby has appeared off and on. It is not his training I would worry about. Wrestling take a lot more cardio then people know. It is the distraction for mental readiness.

Chris F
01-29-2010, 06:59 AM
Lashley left TNA, and he wasn't really doing much with them. I think he will be okay.

He has not left. He was on tonight. The storyline is he is asking for his release and is beating the crap out of everyone in TNA till he gets it.

Max
01-29-2010, 08:20 PM
They tape weekly every Tuesday in fact. And they have house shows which Bobby has appeared off and on. It is not his training I would worry about. Wrestling take a lot more cardio then people know. It is the distraction for mental readiness.

not they dont, they tape a group of shows at one time, so I was wrong about them taping once or twice a month.

IMPACT - Doors open at 5:00pm. Taping begins 5:30 pm.
Live Pay Per View Event - Doors open at 6:45pm. Pre-show taping begins 7:30pm. Live airing 8pm-11pm.
February 15
February 16
March 1
March 2
March 22
March 23
March 24

add in the fact that there is an ATT in orlando and its not like Lashley is losing that much training time.

billwilliams70
02-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Well, here's some fun from after the fight.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Sims-says-Lashley-is-juiced-up-and-that-he-che;_ylt=AjE7lGCSGEWnVUikMpL6kec9Eo14?urn=mma,2167 04

Later.

Jeff Crow
02-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Well, here's some fun from after the fight.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Sims-says-Lashley-is-juiced-up-and-that-he-che;_ylt=AjE7lGCSGEWnVUikMpL6kec9Eo14?urn=mma,2167 04

Later.

He could possibly have a legit gripe if he showed a bit of offense or even some defense. I give him credit for taking the fight on a week's notice but if he was just going to have such a terrible showing and make excuses maybe he shouldn't have taken the fight.

Maybe he is planning on jumping over to TNA wrestling and working an angle to get in.:unsure-1:

rockdawg21
02-03-2010, 02:39 AM
I thought the stop was bogus too, but Wes certainly looked like he had no business in the cage that night.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
02-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Looked to me like Wes Sims may be looking for a career change! Like maybe WWE! He didn't look like he had a chance against Bobby Lashley. And to be honest I don't think Lashley is up for the top HW yet. He may get their with some more training and experience but not yet.