PDA

View Full Version : Should Drug Testing be Stricter?

J.B.
01-22-2010, 03:39 AM
This is an issue I feel is sort of looming over all major sports right now, but in the last few weeks we have seen it really take front and center in the world of the "fight-game" since the breakdown in talks between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Since this issue involves the same testing that is implemented in MMA, I wanted to hear more people's opinions on the issue. This is NOT about the Floyd/Manny debacle. There is already a thread about that in the sports section, and I am happy to debate that topic there. I don't mind relevant discussion, but all the Floyd is gay and Manny is on "roids" talk can go there.

What I want to know is if MMA fans around here think that testing for performance enhancing drugs should be stricter, or if it is fine the way it is per each individual athletic commision? :huh:

MattHughesRocks
01-22-2010, 04:07 AM
I think they are fine.We just need to know that they aren't on anything when they're fighting.Don't care if someone smoked a joint the week before.For roids...like anything else, just have it out of your system before testing time and keep testing time like it is.

J.B.
01-22-2010, 04:34 AM
I think they are fine.We just need to know that they aren't on anything when they're fighting.Don't care if someone smoked a joint the week before.For roids...like anything else, just have it out of your system before testing time and keep testing time like it is.

You don't think it matters if the athletes are using illegal drugs to enhance their training?

I'm not being confrontational by any means. I am just really curious about the issue and what people think about it, but, are you saying that it's okay to use any substance as long as you test clean on fight night? :huh:

Spiritwalker
01-22-2010, 04:43 AM
No matter .. if weed is illegal, then it's illegal.

IMO... there should be drug testing at the time a fight is signed for... during the time leading up to the fight... (random)... and the week before the fight..

J.B.
01-22-2010, 04:54 AM
No matter .. if weed is illegal, then it's illegal.

IMO... there should be drug testing at the time a fight is signed for... during the time leading up to the fight... (random)... and the week before the fight..

We are clear that this is about more than weed, right? :unsure:

:laugh:

MattHughesRocks
01-22-2010, 05:09 AM
I don't know how long they take to get out of their systems but I'm going to guess it's more then a few weeks to be sure? Whatever they do to enhance their ability wouldn't sustain for that long after they stop using them? If not, then what about regular testing upto 8 weeks before the fight then the usualy right after.I have to admit, I didn't think this all the way through nor do I even know how the drugs work when taken:ninja:

You don't think it matters if the athletes are using illegal drugs to enhance their training?

I'm not being confrontational by any means. I am just really curious about the issue and what people think about it, but, are you saying that it's okay to use any substance as long as you test clean on fight night? :huh:

J.B.
01-22-2010, 05:59 AM
I don't know how long they take to get out of their systems but I'm going to guess it's more then a few weeks to be sure? Whatever they do to enhance their ability wouldn't sustain for that long after they stop using them? If not, then what about regular testing upto 8 weeks before the fight then the usualy right after.I have to admit, I didn't think this all the way through nor do I even know how the drugs work when taken:ninja:

Thats the thing, we basically know now that there are drugs an athlete can cycle out his body within a matter of hours.

Testing should be random, period.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
01-22-2010, 10:04 AM
I like the idea of Random testing plus fight night testing!

logrus
01-22-2010, 04:09 PM

Look lower, sheesh :Whistle:

Thats the thing, we basically know now that there are drugs an athlete can cycle out his body within a matter of hours.

Testing should be random, period.

Other then the weight loss steroid, I still don't know of any that are undetected in that short of time frame. The shortest I know of is about 1-3 days that allows a user to get size and strength along with muscle endurance. Of course I am out of date in terms of the newer forms of steroids as some of my info is a bit old.

To answer MHR comment. The time off cycle depends on the brand, the strength and the time a user is on the cycle. Since there is a time span needed to reach peak performance. The length can be anywhere from 1-3 days, and up until 18 months for a user to become undetected.

Second, the long term effects are still present after use and after a users tests become clean. Lets say your bench has been stuck at 200 pounds for 8 reps for a couple months, on a steroid you could see that bench shot up to 250 pounds in a matter of weeks. Now lets say your cycle has ended and your past the detection time. Taking into account a clean unhurt off cycle. Your 250 bench would still be 250 for 8, it could go down a few pounds and then again it could also go up a bit. The point is from the original time your +50ish stronger then you originally were.

If your giving me an 8 week untested window I can take 12 different steroids and easily pass a test before and after a fight.

Tyburn
01-22-2010, 07:10 PM
I think its about time they did random tested...oh...and I think when they bring in the Random testing...tey should make no big announcement about when it will commence...lets catch a few shall we...lets phone them up and say...Drugs Test, tommorow, 10am. Thanks" and watch some grown men burst into tears.

Then the UFC should have the courage of their convictions and dare to lay off high callibre fighters who indulge in the art of cheating..

BUT...NOONE must test Matt Serra, or Frank Trigg...that fight HAS to take place...drugs or no drugs :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
01-22-2010, 07:21 PM
I'm now voting for testing right after the fight only.My votes are always subject to change.

logrus
01-22-2010, 07:27 PM
I'm now voting for testing right after the fight only.My votes are always subject to change.

Then they are really not your votes... :ninja:

J.B.
01-22-2010, 08:50 PM
So what was your vote Logrus? I know you have not heard of the drugs I keep mentioning that can cycle out so fast, and I have said many times that I don't really know much about the specifics of PED's, only what I have read from people that are supposed to experts. Even Keith Kizer of the NSAC has said that this is a cat and mouse game and that new drugs are constantly being designed to beat the testing.

I personally don't understand why anybody would be against random blood and urine testing in all sports. Telling the user when and how the test is going to be kinda defeats the purpose of issuing the tests in the first place.

Tyburn
01-22-2010, 08:56 PM
Even Keith Kizer of the NSAC

I didnt say I thought the SACs should be incharge of this campaign...CA has proven that they cant keep chain of custody...and the UFC is way to political and bias.

We need an outside firm...completely independant from the UFC and from the SAC

J.B.
01-22-2010, 08:57 PM

My problem with ONLY testing after the fight is that it does nothing to combat use of illegal PED's during training. We know that the athletes who use that stuff are beating the tests all the time, so making the standards even more lax would not help the problem at all.

Not to mention that, if a fighter wanted to, he could skip out on taking the post fight test. It's not like they can force him to do it, they can just fine and suspend him. If they refuse testing before a fight, the commission won't sanction the fight in first place.

J.B.
01-22-2010, 09:02 PM
I didnt say I thought the SACs should be incharge of this campaign...CA has proven that they cant keep chain of custody...and the UFC is way to political and bias.

We need an outside firm...completely independant from the UFC and from the SAC

I never said that you said that...lol

I was simply referring to something Kizer has said.

I actually agree with you that the athletic commissions are part of the problem. I think that they basically just give the tests to send out a public perception that they are doing things to keep the sports clean but they don't do the things that NEED to be done, such as random blood testing, because they don't want to damage the reputation of the sport by exposing a lot of it's biggest stars. I think they have the same problem in the NFL, NBA, and obviously Major League Baseball.

Tyburn
01-22-2010, 09:05 PM
I never said that you said that...lol

I was simply referring to something Kizer has said.

I actually agree with you that the athletic commissions are part of the problem. I think that they basically just give the tests to send out a public perception that they are doing things to keep the sports clean but they don't do the things that NEED to be done, such as random blood testing, because they don't want to damage the reputation of the sport by exposing a lot of it's biggest stars. I think they have the same problem in the NFL, NBA, and obviously Major League Baseball.

I didnt say you said I did. I just thought i'd clarify what might be an assumption that I might just have been saying "add more drugs tests" when thats not what im saying...im saying "get a different company to add more drugs tests" LOL

J.B.
01-22-2010, 09:11 PM
I didnt say you said I did. I just thought i'd clarify what might be an assumption that I might just have been saying "add more drugs tests" when thats not what im saying...im saying "get a different company to add more drugs tests" LOL

gotcha! :laugh:

I agree though. I think there needs to be a universal standard outside of the athletic commissions. They say that they follow the World Anti-Doping Agency testing guidelines, but the truth is that they follow their own version of what the WADA guidelines suggest. I know, because I actually took the time to read it.

Also, each state is completely different in it's policies, which just makes for total chaos on the matter. We should have ONE set of standards, and it should be instituted by an outside organization, such as the USADA. That goes for both Boxing and MMA in my opinion.

Tyburn
01-22-2010, 09:14 PM
gotcha! :laugh:

I agree though. I think there needs to be a universal standard outside of the athletic commissions. They say that they follow the World Anti-Doping Agency testing guidelines, but the truth is that they follow their own version of what the WADA guidelines suggest. I know, because I actually took the time to read it.

Also, each state is completely different in it's policies, which just makes for total chaos on the matter. We should have ONE set of standards, and it should be instituted by an outside organization, such as the USADA. That goes for both Boxing and MMA in my opinion.

I aggree too...nothing that has a vested interest in sport...but something that has an interest in drugs awareness...because as soon as they have a vested interest, or get friendly...they become...compromised :ninja::laugh:

J.B.
01-22-2010, 10:30 PM
Here is a great interview with Travis Tygart from the USADA I just came across that says the testing done by the state athletic commissions are a joke.

http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/index.ssf/2010/01/usadas_travis_tygart_current_d.html

bradwright
01-23-2010, 12:56 AM
every single sport out there should have random drug testing on a regular basis,MMA included.....but they wont...money is much more important to some people then the welfare of the people that make them their money....thats just a fact of life that i'm sorry to say may never change.

logrus
01-23-2010, 02:53 AM
So what was your vote Logrus? I know you have not heard of the drugs I keep mentioning that can cycle out so fast, and I have said many times that I don't really know much about the specifics of PED's, only what I have read from people that are supposed to experts. Even Keith Kizer of the NSAC has said that this is a cat and mouse game and that new drugs are constantly being designed to beat the testing.

I personally don't understand why anybody would be against random blood and urine testing in all sports. Telling the user when and how the test is going to be kinda defeats the purpose of issuing the tests in the first place.

Cause Kizer is an idiot along with NSAC so what ever those idiots say I tend to ignore 99.9% of the time. I know in a previous thread you mentioned experts but I never seen who these experts were. (nothing personal, I have a low attention span)

I voted "yes", though I don't see it happening in sports any time soon."its a shock that an owner can pay a football player or baseball player 10million a year but can't afford a 250$ drug test. Its pretty simple, fans want there favorite team or player to win, to break records, owners want those players and teams to win cause that puts the asses in the seats and the Benjis in their pocket."

Spiritwalker
01-23-2010, 02:57 AM
We are clear that this is about more than weed, right? :unsure:

Agreed... that's why I said how fighters should be tested. But the whole pot thing is just annoying...

J.B.
01-23-2010, 04:33 AM
Cause Kizer is an idiot along with NSAC so what ever those idiots say I tend to ignore 99.9% of the time. I know in a previous thread you mentioned experts but I never seen who these experts were. (nothing personal, I have a low attention span)

I voted "yes", though I don't see it happening in sports any time soon."its a shock that an owner can pay a football player or baseball player 10million a year but can't afford a 250$ drug test. Its pretty simple, fans want there favorite team or player to win, to break records, owners want those players and teams to win cause that puts the asses in the seats and the Benjis in their pocket."

Those experts are people like Travis Tygart from the USADA, who I just posted an interview with a couple posts above this one, and of course Victor Conte who ran BALCO. There were some quotes from other doctors as well and I think they were in that thread, but I know they are in reports on Boxingscene.com and Yahoo Sports Boxing section. Basically the general message they all have is that the testing needs to be completely random and it must include blood and urine.

I agree with you about the NSAC, and it shocks me that through the whole fiasco with Manny and Floyd that so many people jumped up to defend the NSAC. I think the reason their testing is lax is the same reason it is lax in other major sports. They don't want to expose a problem and make their sport look bad. I'm glad you agree testing needs to be stricter, unless it's Floyd asking for it, lol

Take a look at this list of doping cases. It's ridiculous, and there are a bunch names that are not even on the list that probably should be. Then you see some surprising names on there too, like Dennis Hallman (the guy who beat Matt twice), I never knew he was a doper. Go figure.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_doping_cases_in_sport

J.B.
01-23-2010, 04:43 AM
Agreed... that's why I said how fighters should be tested. But the whole pot thing is just annoying...

I could care less about a fighter smoking pot, but if they fail their drug test for it when they are in training or on fight night then they are just stupid. They know the banned substances list includes illegal recreational drugs like marijuana, so they should have no problem with not using it during those times.

However, the idea that pot is a performance enhancer is quite a stretch. I remember having that debate on these forums right after they overturned the Nick Diaz win over Takanori Gomi. Another hilarious fiasco in fight history.

Robertboxerboy
01-23-2010, 05:20 AM
I think it is pretty strict as it is. I don't know what else more they can do to make sure their athletes are not juicing.

J.B.
01-23-2010, 05:28 AM
I think it is pretty strict as it is. I don't know what else more they can do to make sure their athletes are not juicing.

Random Blood and Urine testing would be a good start. :wink:

MattHughesRocks
01-23-2010, 05:31 AM
Ok, so...my current vote is YES on random testing. The only problem would be...what about the fighter that gets a one fight deal, not really under a long term contract, who can "randomly" test them?

J.B.
01-23-2010, 05:41 AM
Ok, so...my current vote is YES on random testing. The only problem would be...what about the fighter that gets a one fight deal, not really under a long term contract, who can "randomly" test them?

Well, under the WADA guidelines, they would be able to be randomly tested the entire time they are involved in the sport/company. What they do is they have a group of people design a structure for testing in each individual sport, based on a bunch of different information and variables. However, that structure is not information that is made privy to the athletes. They use that structure to randomly test all the participants, and then they also take other things into account when they decide to single certain athletes out for extra testing. For instance, if a certain guy has a dramatic improvement in his performance, or exhibits signs that may suggest use of banned substances, or even if there are rumors, then they may decide to do more testing on that person over another one.

The WHO, you are asking about would be any outside organization that would be conducting the tests with the WADA standards, such as the USADA who handles the Olympics. However, this really wouldn't even be an issue if the state athletic commissions were doing the job properly in the first place.

MattHughesRocks
01-23-2010, 05:51 AM
Say your fighter Joe Blow fighting at an underground sports arena.Someone sees you, wants to pay you to fight in 8 weeks.You didn't get tested before, your a nobody, when does testing start? The minute you sign a contract? You could have been juicing for years.

J.B.
01-23-2010, 05:57 AM
Say your fighter Joe Blow fighting at an underground sports arena.Someone sees you, wants to pay you to fight in 8 weeks.You didn't get tested before, your a nobody, when does testing start? The minute you sign a contract? You could have been juicing for years.

Sure could. However we can't really do much to combat that hypothetical.

All we could do would be to test Mr. Blow thoroughly and randomly for the 8 weeks leading up the fight. Then, if he continued to compete he would have to be subject to the testing at any time. This would definitely take some cooperation from the companies or governing bodies involved in the sport.

Also, I am not saying that it's 100% foolproof either. It really is a cat and mouse game.

logrus
01-23-2010, 06:44 AM
Those experts are people like Travis Tygart from the USADA, who I just posted an interview with a couple posts above this one, and of course Victor Conte who ran BALCO. There were some quotes from other doctors as well and I think they were in that thread, but I know they are in reports on Boxingscene.com and Yahoo Sports Boxing section. Basically the general message they all have is that the testing needs to be completely random and it must include blood and urine.

I agree with you about the NSAC, and it shocks me that through the whole fiasco with Manny and Floyd that so many people jumped up to defend the NSAC. I think the reason their testing is lax is the same reason it is lax in other major sports. They don't want to expose a problem and make their sport look bad. I'm glad you agree testing needs to be stricter, unless it's Floyd asking for it, lol

Take a look at this list of doping cases. It's ridiculous, and there are a bunch names that are not even on the list that probably should be. Then you see some surprising names on there too, like Dennis Hallman (the guy who beat Matt twice), I never knew he was a doper. Go figure.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_doping_cases_in_sport

The list is funny with a huge group of pot heads and people who didnt show for a test. I can't really count those as steroid abuse since nothing was actually tested. Also some of the sports cracked me up. Roids for speed walking? haha

It doesn't have to do with making the sport look back. It has to do with lost revenue and missed opportunity do to a star player being out. When you think about it nobody in the chain is willing to break it. Players don't rat each other out, the Coach doesn't do anything, the owner doesn't do anything, the main man with the league aint doing nothing.

MattHughesRocks
01-23-2010, 06:57 AM
Well, let me sleep on this.See what I can come up with tomorrow :wink:

Sure could. However we can't really do much to combat that hypothetical.

All we could do would be to test Mr. Blow thoroughly and randomly for the 8 weeks leading up the fight. Then, if he continued to compete he would have to be subject to the testing at any time. This would definitely take some cooperation from the companies or governing bodies involved in the sport.

Also, I am not saying that it's 100% foolproof either. It really is a cat and mouse game.

J.B.
01-23-2010, 07:49 AM
The list is funny with a huge group of pot heads and people who didnt show for a test. I can't really count those as steroid abuse since nothing was actually tested. Also some of the sports cracked me up. Roids for speed walking? haha

It doesn't have to do with making the sport look back. It has to do with lost revenue and missed opportunity do to a star player being out. When you think about it nobody in the chain is willing to break it. Players don't rat each other out, the Coach doesn't do anything, the owner doesn't do anything, the main man with the league aint doing nothing.

The point is that those are considered banned substances. even if it is just pot. Also, not submitting a mandatory test is as good as failing that test in the eyes of the WADA. There are also some big name stars on that list too who were using real PED's. Like Shane Mosley, James Toney, Fernando Vargas, Josh Barnett, Vitor Belfort, Chris Leben, Nate Marquart, Kevin Randleman,Ken Shamrock, Shawn Sherk, Tim Sylvia, Mark McGwire, A-Rod, Roger Clemens, Carl Lewis, Rashard Lewis, Shawne Merriman, etc. Those are just Americans too.

Sure, you have your cases where a mistake can be made when taking some of these supplements from the health store, such as the case with Roy Jones and a lot of other people on that list. However, when you are using needles to inject designer steroids (Mosley), or you lie about it (McGwire), or you get caught multiple times (Toney), then you just look shady. I'm not saying the list is perfect, but it does show us that there is a problem that needs to be dealt with across the board.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
01-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Random testing in order to keep your Pro licence sounds like a good idea to me! It may not be completely fool proof but I think it would help alot! As far as I'm concerned they can even put a bunch of names in a hat and draw for who gets tested. Then on top of that if you have any reason to suspect them test them.
I remember when I read Kurt Angles book he said in his collage Wrestling days it seemed like he was always getting drug tested! That's the way it should be!

logrus
01-23-2010, 05:54 PM
The point is that those are considered banned substances. even if it is just pot. Also, not submitting a mandatory test is as good as failing that test in the eyes of the WADA. There are also some big name stars on that list too who were using real PED's. Like Shane Mosley, James Toney, Fernando Vargas, Josh Barnett, Vitor Belfort, Chris Leben, Nate Marquart, Kevin Randleman,Ken Shamrock, Shawn Sherk, Tim Sylvia, Mark McGwire, A-Rod, Roger Clemens, Carl Lewis, Rashard Lewis, Shawne Merriman, etc. Those are just Americans too.

Sure, you have your cases where a mistake can be made when taking some of these supplements from the health store, such as the case with Roy Jones and a lot of other people on that list. However, when you are using needles to inject designer steroids (Mosley), or you lie about it (McGwire), or you get caught multiple times (Toney), then you just look shady. I'm not saying the list is perfect, but it does show us that there is a problem that needs to be dealt with across the board.

I know their considered a banned substance, I just can't seem to assosiate pot with a PED. Thats just a personal opinion on this subject. An besides who knows about the missed drug testings, it could be anumber of reasons and being a user is just one of them. What if I tore my knee and didn't make my testing, ehhh see what I mean.

Nate and Sherk pretty much proved they were innocent of the charge. Nate had a supplement coded with PEDish type drugs and Sherk proved
CSAC was a bunch or morons as well. They reduced Toneys ban and his defense was someone tainted his water bottle . lol

rockdawg21
01-23-2010, 06:03 PM
They reduced Toneys ban and his defense was someone tainted his water bottle . lol
What can I say? I had to pee really really bad after I took my PEDs :Whistle:

atomdanger
01-23-2010, 06:09 PM
I think as long as you're blood testing inside a month of the fight,
then its good enough.

I don't know what the standard is now,
if if every fighter even blood tests.

J.B.
01-23-2010, 06:51 PM
I know their considered a banned substance, I just can't seem to assosiate pot with a PED. Thats just a personal opinion on this subject. An besides who knows about the missed drug testings, it could be anumber of reasons and being a user is just one of them. What if I tore my knee and didn't make my testing, ehhh see what I mean.

Nate and Sherk pretty much proved they were innocent of the charge. Nate had a supplement coded with PEDish type drugs and Sherk proved
CSAC was a bunch or morons as well. They reduced Toneys ban and his defense was someone tainted his water bottle . lol

I don't associate Pot with PED's either. What I am saying is that if the substance is banned, then it is banned, and the fighters should not be testing positive for it. As for missing a test, if you can provide a reasonable excuse that is one thing, but lying about it or outright ignoring it is unacceptable. Think about it like an ACTUAL test, like in high school. If you don't show up to class, or don't fill out the little circles with a number 2 pencil, what happens? You fail the test.

With Sherk and Nate, I vaguely remember the details of their cases, so I can't comment too much on them. However, like I said, Roy Jones was implicated in a similar fashion with an over the counter supplement and then he proved his innocence, so we know that mistakes can be made by both the athletes and the commissions. However, what happened with Roy also happened in 1999, things are slightly more advanced now.

Still, when you bring up James Toney, it's hard to look past being busted twice. The time he claimed somebody spiked his "water bottle" was the second time he was busted for the same the drug. It just reeks of bullcrap, and Toney is a top ten ATG bulls**t talker.

That's what has made the Manny situation so compelling. It seems that this is exactly how it starts. First with suspicion, maybe a rumor Then a total denial or contradicting story that leaves a shadow of doubt. Then, out of nowhere, the ball drops and we find out that our favorite athlete is juicing. Now, again, I'm not saying it means Manny is guilty, but it just shows how skeptical people have become of athletes in the past 15 years when it comes to PEDs, and why a lot of people think we need stricter testing.

atomdanger
01-23-2010, 10:48 PM
That's what has made the Manny situation so compelling. It seems that this is exactly how it starts. First with suspicion, maybe a rumor Then a total denial or contradicting story that leaves a shadow of doubt. Then, out of nowhere, the ball drops and we find out that our favorite athlete is juicing. Now, again, I'm not saying it means Manny is guilty, but it just shows how skeptical people have become of athletes in the past 15 years when it comes to PEDs, and why a lot of people think we need stricter testing.

15 years of testing clean should be enough proof Manny isn't juicing.
Rumors are horrible, if a guy tests clean for 15 years and people are still suspicious then you might as well assume that every pro athlete is using.

atomdanger
01-23-2010, 10:50 PM
I think blood testing should happen the day after the fight.

J.B.
01-24-2010, 01:19 AM
15 years of testing clean should be enough proof Manny isn't juicing.
Rumors are horrible, if a guy tests clean for 15 years and people are still suspicious then you might as well assume that every pro athlete is using.

Right, cuz Barry Bonds and all the rest were dropping dirty for all those years....:rolleyes:

I'm not gonna make this a big pissing match about Manny, it's already been beaten to death. This is about the testing, and we know the testing is inadequate. Just because a person passed the tests from the AC's don't mean they are always clean. Look at Shane Mosley, he never failed a drug test and he was forced to admit to a grand jury that he lied and he had been using EPO.

I think blood testing should happen the day after the fight.

Can you explain why you believe it should happen the day after the fight?

Also, does that mean you don't think any blood testing should be done before a fight?

J.B.
01-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Here is an interview with Victor Conte I just came across today. Lots of interesting info on what he thinks of the current testing and how athletes can beat the system.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYoElrXBBRc&feature=player_embedded

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnGa3nmzRo0&feature=player_embedded

logrus
01-29-2010, 09:10 PM
Here is an interview with Victor Conte I just came across today. Lots of interesting info on what he thinks of the current testing and how athletes can beat the system.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYoElrXBBRc&feature=player_embedded

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnGa3nmzRo0&feature=player_embedded

Victor contradicts himself a few times. If so many are very low detection span, then why give the max cut off date of 10 days.

Nice to see Victor is back working with athletes again. I hate to say it but being the biggest cheat in all of sports and allowing him to work with any sport is a shame.

atomdanger
01-30-2010, 03:10 AM
Right, cuz Barry Bonds and all the rest were dropping dirty for all those years....:rolleyes:

I'm not gonna make this a big pissing match about Manny, it's already been beaten to death. This is about the testing, and we know the testing is inadequate. Just because a person passed the tests from the AC's don't mean they are always clean. Look at Shane Mosley, he never failed a drug test and he was forced to admit to a grand jury that he lied and he had been using EPO.

Can you explain why you believe it should happen the day after the fight?

Also, does that mean you don't think any blood testing should be done before a fight?

Seriously, I know we go back and forth, but your arguments with me get stupid.
Is Barry Bonds tested before every game like a fighter is a fight?
NO, BASEBALL ANALOGIES DO NOT WORK FOR MMA

I didn't say I don't think NONE should be done before the fight,
I am saying that too close to the fight and its going to hurt your training.
Ever given blood? Or had blood taken? You're woozy, and shouldn't even drive,
let alone do something like TRAIN.
I weigh 230lbs, and I am lightheaded and out of it when I give blood,
I can only imagine a guy who weighs 100lbs less would feel.

Blood testing can pick up on things taken months ago,
so taking blood the day after a fight when its not going to effect your training is just as effective.
Day before the fight / Day after the fight would have the exact same results.

atomdanger
01-30-2010, 03:13 AM
The bottom line is banned substances do not leave you with more skill,
most are used to building muscles.
If I am the better fighter I am going to beat you, drugs or not.
I would be all for blood testing after a fight,
but I think blood testing within 15 days of a fight is completely unfair.