PDA

View Full Version : Joey Villasenor signs with Strikeforce

Tyburn
01-21-2010, 12:48 PM
:)

I just want all of you to know that I've just signed a brand new 4 fight deal with Strikeforce! My first fight will be in mid to late March and I am super excited to get back in the cage an do what I love.

This contract assures me of 3 fights per year and that sounds great!
I WILL be attending Strikeforce Miami Live next Friday, so if you're there look for me.

Please go watch an exclusive video of me signing the contract and breaking the news, just paste the following link into your browser.

LINK: http://jacksons.tv/index.php/jacksonsmma-fightlife/187-joey-villasenor-signs-new-strikeforce-deal

can't express how MUCH you all mean to me now and over the years with all your awesome support, I always know that when I get in that cage I have an army along with me.

Thanks so much!

Miss Foxy
01-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Yaay!! I like him we have the same last name:)

Tyburn
01-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Yaay!! I like him we have the same last name:)

Are you a relation?

:huh:

Is it your Maiden name, or have you married into the family, because if its the former, then even if its not down your particular branch, trace the ancestry back far enough and you will find almost certainly, you are related :)

Miss Foxy
01-21-2010, 06:37 PM
Are you a relation?

:huh:

Is it your Maiden name, or have you married into the family, because if its the former, then even if its not down your particular branch, trace the ancestry back far enough and you will find almost certainly, you are related :)
No Villaseņor is my married name. I kept the name for the kids so the world don't see me as having a different name than my children. The name is not common...

Tyburn
01-21-2010, 07:05 PM
No Villaseņor is my married name. I kept the name for the kids so the world don't see me as having a different name than my children. The name is not common...

ohh...well then your Husband and Children are related...but I'm afraid to tell you, that you wont be...the Lineage is passed down through the Male Line usually (of course not necc...afterall, if you had chosen to keep your Maiden name, and your children either did, or double barrelled it with that of your Spouse, then you would have/could have carried on the lineage) ...but...generally speaking that is only a recent ideal, it would never have happened more then a century ago...and of course if the branch for Joey was within the time period...your Husband would probably know him because he wouldnt be very far removed from him at all (A brother/cousin)

But whats in a name anyway :laugh:

rearnakedchoke
01-21-2010, 07:31 PM

you should change your name back and change your kids names .... more pot stirring ... LOL

Tyburn
01-21-2010, 07:42 PM
you should change your name back and change your kids names .... more pot stirring ... LOL

:rolleyes: Why should she? its custom that the Woman loses her Maiden name upon marriage because she is married to her Husband...he is head of the house, His name therefore is kept...afterall, she has as her Maiden name...her Father Patriarchal linage...not her Mothers Maiden name anyway...Women go from one Male (Father) to another (Husband) in terms of line

Looked at in that way...there is no real Matriarchy...because even her Mother Maiden name will be....her Husbands Patriarchy.

Take mine for example...the two Patriarchal lines are Duff (after my Father) and Clipsham (after my Maternal GrandFather) So even when Mother was growing up, she held her FATHERS not her Mothers name...Her Maiden Name was already a naturalized Patriarchy....even if she decided she wanted to have her Mothers name...that would also be a Patriarchy from her Mothers Father....it doesnt matter what name they choose to have...short of making one up by double barrell, the Womans name is Patriarchal...and even if the Woman did just that...made up her own name, or double barrelled...she would either have all women, in which case the name would die out...or she would bear sons with her name...the instant they Marry...the name is Patriarchal because their wives change their names...I guess you can still hold it for the generation whilst the original woman lives as being matriarchal...but she will die eventually :laugh:

Miss Foxy
01-21-2010, 07:54 PM

LOL!!!:laugh:

rearnakedchoke
01-22-2010, 01:11 AM
:rolleyes: Why should she? its custom that the Woman loses her Maiden name upon marriage because she is married to her Husband...he is head of the house, His name therefore is kept...afterall, she has as her Maiden name...her Father Patriarchal linage...not her Mothers Maiden name anyway...Women go from one Male (Father) to another (Husband) in terms of line

Looked at in that way...there is no real Matriarchy...because even her Mother Maiden name will be....her Husbands Patriarchy.

Take mine for example...the two Patriarchal lines are Duff (after my Father) and Clipsham (after my Maternal GrandFather) So even when Mother was growing up, she held her FATHERS not her Mothers name...Her Maiden Name was already a naturalized Patriarchy....even if she decided she wanted to have her Mothers name...that would also be a Patriarchy from her Mothers Father....it doesnt matter what name they choose to have...short of making one up by double barrell, the Womans name is Patriarchal...and even if the Woman did just that...made up her own name, or double barrelled...she would either have all women, in which case the name would die out...or she would bear sons with her name...the instant they Marry...the name is Patriarchal because their wives change their names...I guess you can still hold it for the generation whilst the original woman lives as being matriarchal...but she will die eventually :laugh:

i know that .. but i don't think foxy is still married to that guy . but i could be wrong

Tyburn
01-22-2010, 12:47 PM
i know that .. but i don't think foxy is still married to that guy . but i could be wrong

The names are still patriarchal. unless she creates a completely new surname by deed poll :)

Miss Foxy
01-22-2010, 04:36 PM
You are correct divorce was finalized December 2007....:happydancing:

rearnakedchoke
01-22-2010, 05:14 PM
You are correct divorce was finalized December 2007....:happydancing:

see, i listen too .. haha