PDA

View Full Version : Shaq scores 28,000 points

J.B.
01-20-2010, 01:23 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=Al.VKouZ_ghsBRFRVO63Sam8vLYF?gid=201001 1905&prov=ap

He may be old and slow, but ya gotta give the big guy credit, he is in an elite club of players. Truth be told, I miss his hilarious interviews with the Phoenix press but he was way too pricey for his actual on court value.

28,000 points is something only him and 4 others have done. Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Karl Malone, Michael Jordan, and Wilt Chaimberlain. That's pretty much basketball royalty right there. Way to go Shaq. :cool:

rearnakedchoke
01-20-2010, 03:48 PM
Just think if him and the stilt could hit more than 50% of their free-throws ... LOL ..

did it against my team too ...

J.B.
01-20-2010, 04:02 PM
He's just so freakin huge...

It really does seem like he has been around forever, it's crazy.

Gotta love Shaq, great player and great personality

billwilliams70
01-20-2010, 04:18 PM
I like him. I think that he's a great guy.

He recently called out his teammate/"client" asking him and the NBA's other big names (Kobe, Carter, etc) to participate in the Dunk Contest at the All-Star game.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Shaq-talking-LeBron-into-Slam-Dunk-Contest-?urn=nba,214715)

Later.

J.B.
01-20-2010, 04:22 PM
I like him. I think that he's a great guy.

He recently called out his teammate/"client" asking him and the NBA's other big names (Kobe, Carter, etc) to participate in the Dunk Contest at the All-Star game.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Shaq-talking-LeBron-into-Slam-Dunk-Contest-?urn=nba,214715)

Later.

I saw that too, and that is cool that he wants to put up money to donate to charity for the victims in Haiti. I hope Kobe, Vince, and Lebron actually do it.

Miss Foxy
01-20-2010, 04:28 PM
I can't stand that jerk. I am so glad he got outta LA.... GO LAKERS!!!!

J.B.
01-20-2010, 04:31 PM

He brought you 3 titles! :laugh:

billwilliams70
01-20-2010, 04:39 PM
I saw that too, and that is cool that he wants to put up money to donate to charity for the victims in Haiti. I hope Kobe, Vince, and Lebron actually do it.
I think that's cool too, would love to see the dunk contest with all of them in it!

Later.

rearnakedchoke
01-20-2010, 07:38 PM

if you don't like him .. what do you think of the rapist on the team ...

Miss Foxy
01-20-2010, 08:54 PM

He was not guilty of rape...

billwilliams70
01-20-2010, 09:08 PM
So, when did you become a judge?

Kobe Bryant was not found guilty of rape. If I remember correctly, the charges were dropped right? Not because a settlement was reached, but they were just dropped.....I could be wrong though.

GO LAKERS!

Later.

Miss Foxy
01-20-2010, 10:05 PM

Kobe Bryant was not found guilty of rape. If I remember correctly, the charges were dropped right? Not because a settlement was reached, but they were just dropped.....I could be wrong though.

GO LAKERS!

Later.:sign0011:

mscomc
01-21-2010, 12:32 AM

GO LAKERS!

Later.

Ok maybe he didnt get convicted.... but i still think that this is UNDENIABLE PROOF, that there is something fishy going on....:laugh:

http://www.mrdiggles.com/img/no-means-no.jpg

rearnakedchoke
01-21-2010, 01:34 AM
He was not guilty of rape...

true, and oj wasn't convicted of murder

mscomc
01-21-2010, 01:59 AM
Good point....

GSP never found guilty of any wrongdoing
Michael Jackson (RIP) never found guilty of anything

Miss Foxy
01-21-2010, 04:24 PM
OJ went to trial Kobe didnt.. Charges were dropped..

billwilliams70
01-21-2010, 04:36 PM
What does that have to do with the Kobe Bryant situation? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! If you think that OJ is guilty, guess what? The American Justice system has failed you, it failed the Goldman family, and it failed the family of Nicole Brown. OJ wasn't convicted because his defense attorney did his job. When in reality, the American Justice system did EXACTLY what it was supposed to do in the case of The People VS Simpson. Innocent until proven guilty. My belief of OJ's innocence or guilt has no bearing on the case and the outcome of that trial.....none.

Kobe Bryant's charges were dropped, it didn't even make it to trial, why? Because the girl dropped the charges against him. Why would somone drop the charges and NOT receive monetary compensation? Riddle me that Batman?

Jeez, you can't compare OJ to Kobe to Michael Jackson to GSP, it's all seperate!

Later.

rearnakedchoke
01-21-2010, 04:43 PM
Kobe Bryant Colorado civil case settled
(Agencies)
Updated: 2005-03-02 09:11

Los Angeles Lakers basketball star Kobe Bryant and the woman who accused him of sexual assault in a criminal case that tarnished his reputation and threatened his career have agreed to settle a civil lawsuit arising from the now-dropped charges, ABC reported on Tuesday.
Lawyers for Bryant and the woman had no immediate comment on the report. Bryant had been scheduled to give a deposition in the woman's civil suit against him in a Denver Federal District Court last Friday but it was canceled amid speculation that the case was near settlement.

ABC News quoted sources as saying that Bryant and his accuser have agreed to a settlement for emotional and other injuries she said she sustained in connection with the case. ABC said details of the settlement were still being worked out and could be reached by the end of the week.

The woman worked at a posh Colorado resort where Bryant stayed in June 2003. Bryant admitted having sex with her but he insisted it was consensual. She said she had been raped and criminal charges were brought against Bryant.

The Eagle, Colorado sexual assault case against Bryant was dropped last September at the woman's request after she said she would not testify and instead would institute a civil lawsuit against him for damages.

Her decision came as jury selection was to begin and after the court had mistakenly posted her name and sealed documents containing personal information about her on the Internet.

Bryant issued an apology to the woman, saying that while he believed the sex had been consensual, "I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did."

billwilliams70
01-21-2010, 04:49 PM
^There's egg all over my face, so I apologize to you for saying otherwise.

However, it still never went to trial and he was never found guilty of what you are calling him and judging him as.

Later.

rearnakedchoke
01-21-2010, 06:00 PM
^There's egg all over my face, so I apologize to you for saying otherwise.

However, it still never went to trial and he was never found guilty of what you are calling him and judging him as.

Later.

nah, i wasn't really judging him ... just trying to stir the pot .... i like kobe, so no biggie for me ... i don't think he raped anyone ... just starting discussion ... LOL ... i thought there was no money involved either til i saw this ..

Miss Foxy
01-21-2010, 06:35 PM
nah, i wasn't really judging him ... just trying to stir the pot .... i like kobe, so no biggie for me ... i don't think he raped anyone ... just starting discussion ... LOL ... i thought there was no money involved either til i saw this ..

Just because she received money does not make him guilty.. It's easier to pay her off. Also in the US if there was adequate evidence to point him as a rapist the District Attorney would have prosecuted with or without her testimony.. End of story. Anyways stop stirring pots homie j/k

billwilliams70
01-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Word.

Later.

bj44
01-22-2010, 05:58 AM
Kobe is an amazing player but everybody know shaq was the man during those 3 championships, Kobe was a sidekick!!!!

Miss Foxy
01-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Kobe is an amazing player but everybody know shaq was the man during those 3 championships, Kobe was a sidekick!!!!Hopefully this was a joke? Your post that is..:laugh:...Shaq did not do ***t for LA other than create drama...Oh and miss free throws continously...

rearnakedchoke
01-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Hopefully this was a joke? Your post that is..:laugh:...Shaq did not do ***t for LA other than create drama...Oh and miss free throws continously...

he did win 3 finals mvp's in those three championships, so i'd say he did something ... but i could understand if you hate the guy ...