PDA

View Full Version : Cadburys has been taken over

Tyburn
01-20-2010, 12:00 PM
:sad: thats the end of good British Chocolate...its been taken over by the American Firm called Kraft :unsure-1:

cubsfan47
01-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Now people can have some chocolate on the side with their mac and cheese.

Odd that a general food processor like Kraft would buy a candy company.

Still Kraft is a well run company. I think Cadbury will have a bright future as part of that company. I may buy some Kraft shares.

I imagine that many Americans felt the same way as Tyburn when Budweiser was purchased by a foreign company. The beer is still the same though.

Or when Molson's bought Coors.

That's globalization for you.

MattHughesRocks
01-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Kraft makes all the good stuff already so the chocolate is in good hands.

J.B.
01-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Mac and Cheese Flavored Cadbury Eggs coming this Easter!!!

http://4loveofood.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/kraft_macaroni_cheese.jpg

billwilliams70
01-20-2010, 03:15 PM
Warren Buffet thinks that Kraft overpaid to get Cadbury.

Kraft went ahead with the merger because it's been trying to get in the India market for some time......

I don't think that it's an end to the delightfully delicious Cadbury Easter Eggs, I just think that Kraft owns it now.

Later.

cubsfan47
01-20-2010, 03:46 PM
Mac and Cheese Flavored Cadbury Eggs coming this Easter!!!

http://4loveofood.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/kraft_macaroni_cheese.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Tyburn
01-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Now people can have some chocolate on the side with their mac and cheese.

Odd that a general food processor like Kraft would buy a candy company.

Still Kraft is a well run company. I think Cadbury will have a bright future as part of that company. I may buy some Kraft shares.

I imagine that many Americans felt the same way as Tyburn when Budweiser was purchased by a foreign company. The beer is still the same though.

Or when Molson's bought Coors.

That's globalization for you.

American Chocolate tastes VERY different to British... :unsure-1: I hope they leave the Cadbury Company to effective home rule...like Wal-Mart did with us :laugh:

Blade
01-20-2010, 05:04 PM
Just another sign that Britain now belongs to the foreigners. :angry:

Mac
01-20-2010, 05:22 PM
They better not screw with the cadbury cream eggs . Maybe they will bring back the commercials with all the rabbits that sound like chickens , Loved those commercials when i was a kid lol.

Jonlion
01-20-2010, 06:57 PM
Sad to see it go.

Most analysts seem to think Kraft got a good deal.

From what I saw they were real keen to get into the Chewing Gum market which Cadbury has done well in.

Tyburn
01-20-2010, 07:20 PM
Just another sign that Britain now belongs to the foreigners. :angry:

:laugh: at least its owned by the Americans now...and not Continental Europe or Asia :laugh:

bradwright
01-22-2010, 01:33 AM
:laugh: at least its owned by the Americans now...and not Continental Europe or Asia :laugh:

some how i just wouldn't be so sure about that if i were you .:wink:

bj44
01-22-2010, 05:03 AM
Hahah they will prob make cadbury chocolate taste like herseys now.... Finally Brits will know what ****ty chocolate tastes like!!!

County Mike
01-22-2010, 10:59 AM
mmmmmmmmmm, cadbury easter egg

http://candyaddict.com/blog/candy_pictures/orange_cadbury_egg_inside_.jpg

Tyburn
01-22-2010, 11:45 AM
some how i just wouldn't be so sure about that if i were you .:wink:

Kraft is American :rolleyes:

bradwright
01-22-2010, 12:33 PM
Kraft is American :rolleyes:

lol....almost 70% of Kraft is owned by either other companies or mutual funds.
and believe it or not Dave i checked some of my mutual funds and as it turns out even I own a small piece of Kraft and i'm from Canada...like i said...dont be to sure about who actually owns the place.:wink:

Neezar
01-22-2010, 03:10 PM
and believe it or not Dave i checked some of my mutual funds and as it turns out even I own a small piece of Kraft and i'm from Canada...like i said...dont be to sure about who actually owns the place.:wink:

I think owning mutual funds and running the company are a little bit different. Unless, of course, you actually help run the place. :mellow:

Moral of the story: Kraft is ran/controlled by Americans.

At least it better be. :angry:

:laugh:

Tyburn
01-22-2010, 04:19 PM

Buying shares in a company doesnt mean you can change its policy. Unless you directly work for Kraft? do you?? No. I didnt think so. :tongue0011:

bradwright
01-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Buying shares in a company doesnt mean you can change its policy. Unless you directly work for Kraft? do you?? No. I didnt think so. :tongue0011:

i never disputed who actually ran the place i just pointed out that it may not be owned by Americans....so there....and if you get a chance you can pass that bit of information on to Denise as well.:tongue0011: