PDA

View Full Version : This is EERIE . Just Tragic.

Mac
01-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Ok , so im flippig through the local news website thismorning and come across a story .

This young fella from here "28" was dating this young girl from Festus Missouri "24". She had 2 little kids . Well she had come up here to visit her boyfriend and they were driving down one of the rural blacktop two lane highways in a little saturn station wagon when a 47 year old drunk driver in a ford pickup truck crossed the center line and hit them head on . Both the young woman and her young boyfriend were killed instantly . The drunk driver walked away with scratches and bruises. Luckily the 2 children had stayed at home in Missouri.

Now this is the eerie part . I read the news story and it didnt give any of the information i posted above , i just kind of pieced that together , all the news story had was details on the wreck and the names . So i thought i would check facebook to see if either of them looked familiar seeing as how this is a small town and the guy was only a year younger than me.

I find the girl has a face book profile , when i look at her wall ,wellll . check out her last status update. It just makes your heart sink .
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?v=wall&ref=search&id=100000394134817

She wrote that at 11:31 , and was killed by a drunk driver at 8:00 that evening .

Here is a link to the news story on it
http://www.shelbycountynews.net/default.asp?sourceid=&smenu=1&twindow=&mad=&sdetail=13062&wpage=1&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=&ccatm=&restate=&restatus=&reoption=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=&rebed=&rebath=&subname=&pform=&sc=1708&hn=shelbycountynews&he=.net

Neezar
01-18-2010, 06:08 PM
What does it say? :unsure-1:

Mac
01-18-2010, 06:11 PM
What does it say? :unsure-1:

This is what she wrote at 11:31 , its her last update. Like i said , was killed later in the day at 8:00 by a drunk driver

Lynne Polette : is with my man. wish i could stop time and stay here foreverYesterday at 11:31am

NateR
01-18-2010, 06:51 PM
The drunk driver walked away with scratches and bruises.

:angry:

This guy should be sent to prison for the rest of his life (death penalty would be preferred), then have all of his property and assets seized, sold off at auction and the proceeds donated to those kids.

Mac
01-18-2010, 06:55 PM

This guy should be sent to prison for the rest of his life (death penalty would be preferred), then have all of his property and assets seized, sold off at auction and the proceeds donated to those kids.

Couldnt agree more.

Blade
01-18-2010, 10:11 PM
This is what she wrote at 11:31 , its her last update. Like i said , was killed later in the day at 8:00 by a drunk driver

Did you see the comment under her status saying 'you did it!' :scared0015:

Oddtodd76
01-19-2010, 01:15 AM
Did you see the comment under her status saying 'you did it!' :scared0015:

I couldn't believe it.

Spiritwalker
01-19-2010, 02:15 AM

Nothing wrong with that!!!!

octagon junkie
01-19-2010, 03:29 AM
God bless them all.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
01-19-2010, 07:21 AM
Drunk drivers must be made to stop! One of my cousins daughters was killed by a drunk driver while on the way to the hospital to have a baby. The drunk only got 5 years out of it even though he killed 2 people and crippled another!

Oddtodd76
01-19-2010, 11:05 AM
This is why i hardly ever drink. and if i do drink i have a Designated driver.I couldn't imagine trying to live with myself if i did something like that. I hope he gets a nice boyfriend that trades him off for smokes, when he gets to prison.

Llamafighter
01-19-2010, 01:33 PM
That's horrible. I feel so bad for the kids.

rearnakedchoke
01-19-2010, 08:22 PM

when i was 20, i had a 24 year old buddy killed by a drunk driver ... he was a multiple offender and got 2 years less a day .. he was out in less than 8 months ... this guys punishment should be severe ...

eric84
01-19-2010, 08:22 PM
I have no respect for drunk drivers, and don't buy into the argument that they should receive less of a sentence because they were impaired. I also feel they should raise the consequences for getting a DUI, something like first time license suspended for a year, second time its gone for good. I have a relative who got 3 dui's within a year, and the relative did a month in prison, license suspended for a year. That may seem harsh, but considering 3 times caught, let alone all the times they weren't pulled over, it's just a pat on the hand in my eyes.

Very sad for the kids and family members, hopefully they get taken care of out of a settlement for this.

hughesfan4life
01-19-2010, 08:33 PM
how terribly sad.those poor kids.:cry:

Miss Foxy
01-19-2010, 08:48 PM
How sad..:sad: OMG... God bless them all...As for the rat bastard he needs to go to prison for the rest of his life!!!!

Oddtodd76
01-20-2010, 02:22 AM
my buddy went on the call for that wreck. he is pretty shook up about it.

Tyburn
01-22-2010, 06:27 PM
I'm not a fan of anyone who drinks and drives...even if they arent over the legal limit....you shouldnt impair yourself period..

I'm also not fond of people using mobile telephones whilst driving...with the exception of hands free kit...its illegal in England.