PDA

View Full Version : New Spider Man movie being made with new director/actors

que
01-18-2010, 06:37 AM
tonight on the red carpet for golden globes tobey maguire confirmed rumors that they are making a new spider man movie but it will have a new director and a new actor playing peter parker.

does anyone thinks this is actually a good idea? what is the point of rehashing the spider man series so SOON? i mean i could understand someone making a new version in like 20 years, but it's only been 2 years since the last one

Vizion
01-18-2010, 10:57 AM
does anyone thinks this is actually a good idea? what is the point of rehashing the spider man series so SOON? i mean i could understand someone making a new version in like 20 years, but it's only been 2 years since the last one Hollywood thinks its a great idea. The Spiderman franchise is a huge cash-cow for them, and that's allthat matters.

County Mike
01-18-2010, 11:54 AM
The did it with Batman. Quite a few actors have played Batman in the last 20 years - with different directors, storylines, etc.

We even had two different Jokers.

NateR
01-18-2010, 01:34 PM
I think something in the contract states that if they let too much time go by without making a sequel then they lose the rights to the Spider-Man character.

Of course, I would prefer that because this would allow Marvel to sell the rights to Paramount and they could do crossovers with Iron Man.

However, it appears that Sony would prefer to just rush together a poorly thought out reboot than risk losing the franchise. Although after the crapfest that was Spider-Man 3, I think a reboot might be necessary.

logrus
01-18-2010, 02:38 PM
From what I heard Sony didn't like the script and wanted Parker to be back at high school, Another source says that Sony also wanted this picture to be in 3-D which Raimi was supposedly clueless on. Those two seem to be popping up the most.

Nate did Spidey and Iron-Man ever partner up in the comics cause I don't remember it. Well other then the New Avengers series that is but that was pretty recent.

ufcfan2
01-20-2010, 11:53 AM
I've also heard they had some differences on what villains to be in the movie..Director wanted the Vulture and studio wanted others? I'm sure there were other issues as well.
The other rumor was Robbert Patterson aka Edward from Twilight was in talks to be Peter Parker.

hughesfan4life
01-20-2010, 06:05 PM
I've also heard they had some differences on what villains to be in the movie..Director wanted the Vulture and studio wanted others? I'm sure there were other issues as well.
The other rumor was Robbert Patterson aka Edward from Twilight was in talks to be Peter Parker.:):):)i'm a huge comic book fan and love spiderman,was dissapointed to hear toby mcguire wasn't gonna continue as peter parker but the possible rumour of the lovely robert pattinson being a possible replacement makes me a verrrrry happy lassie!!!!!:biggrin:

VCURamFan
01-20-2010, 06:24 PM
The other rumor was Robbert Patterson aka Edward from Twilight was in talks to be Peter Parker.

Are you freaking kidding me?? Wow, great to see that Spiderman's gonna turn into a hodge-podge-of-crap-movies franchise to rival Batman. :banghead:

Spiritwalker
01-20-2010, 06:30 PM
Are you freaking kidding me?? Wow, great to see that Spiderman's gonna turn into a hodge-podge-of-crap-movies franchise to rival Batman. :banghead:

Hey.. the first two Keaton Batmans were great!!!

The last two have been fantastic

Spiritwalker
01-20-2010, 06:31 PM

I don't mind additional actors.. but I don't think that the series needs a reboot. Just ignore Goblin and the New Goblin..

Spiritwalker
01-20-2010, 06:33 PM
I just hate these ideas of "Rebooting"

They did it in the moview... with Batman and Hulk...

Granted with Batman and Hulk.. the improvments were HUGE!!!!!!

But in comics.. it isn't needed. IMO.. just change the story line..

Peter David was the best example.. his run on The Hulk was FREAKING GREAT.. and once he left.. what has happened to that book.. EVERYTHING!!! and none of it good.

NateR
01-20-2010, 07:40 PM
From what I heard Sony didn't like the script and wanted Parker to be back at high school, Another source says that Sony also wanted this picture to be in 3-D which Raimi was supposedly clueless on. Those two seem to be popping up the most.

Nate did Spidey and Iron-Man ever partner up in the comics cause I don't remember it. Well other then the New Avengers series that is but that was pretty recent.

Not much until recently. But Paramount also has the rights to Thor, Captain America, the Avengers and most of all The Hulk! I would love to see a Spider-Man vs. Hulk movie.:cool:

Who owns the rights to the X-Men? Now THAT is a movie franchise that desperately needs a reboot. Could you imagine putting Spider-Man, Hulk and Wolverine in one movie?

NateR
01-20-2010, 07:44 PM
I just hate these ideas of "Rebooting"

They did it in the moview... with Batman and Hulk...

Granted with Batman and Hulk.. the improvments were HUGE!!!!!!

But in comics.. it isn't needed. IMO.. just change the story line..

Peter David was the best example.. his run on The Hulk was FREAKING GREAT.. and once he left.. what has happened to that book.. EVERYTHING!!! and none of it good.

I actually preferred the original Hulk movie and didn't like the second one as much.

Anyways, when the movies take tons of liberties with the comic book characters, then reboots don't bother me so much. The Spider-Man films did pretty good with Spider-Man himself, but they pretty much butchered all the villians in the films (with the possible exception of Doc Oc from Spider-Man 2, still one of the greatest superhero movies of all time to me).

So if a Spidey reboot would give us more comic book accurate versions of Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Venom and a non-emo Sandman, then I'll keep my mind open.

Shoots like a girl
01-22-2010, 07:11 PM
I have a 5 year old son whose gonna be hacked when he sees that Toby wont be playing Peter Parker. Geez, why didnt they call and ask my boy if that was ok first? :rolleyes:

Spiritwalker
01-22-2010, 07:17 PM
I actually preferred the original Hulk movie and didn't like the second one as much.

Anyways, when the movies take tons of liberties with the comic book characters, then reboots don't bother me so much. The Spider-Man films did pretty good with Spider-Man himself, but they pretty much butchered all the villians in the films (with the possible exception of Doc Oc from Spider-Man 2, still one of the greatest superhero movies of all time to me).

So if a Spidey reboot would give us more comic book accurate versions of Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Venom and a non-emo Sandman, then I'll keep my mind open.

What did you like about the first one??

I did like the com,ic book frames.. a bit..

NateR
01-22-2010, 07:28 PM
What did you like about the first one??

I did like the com,ic book frames.. a bit..

Just a better story overall, especially the background of how Banner became the Hulk. The 3D Hulk model looked better as well, the new version just felt unfinished or rushed. The movie kind of lost it's way in the end, but there was still enough there that I thought it was a good film. The second Hulk movie was really just set up for the upcoming Avengers film.

And did I mention Jennifer Connely? :wub:

VCURamFan
01-22-2010, 07:42 PM
What's so special about...

http://goremasternews.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/jennifer-connelly.jpg

O, right. Nevermind!

Spiritwalker
01-22-2010, 07:56 PM
Just a better story overall, especially the background of how Banner became the Hulk. The 3D Hulk model looked better as well, the new version just felt unfinished or rushed. The movie kind of lost it's way in the end, but there was still enough there that I thought it was a good film. The second Hulk movie was really just set up for the upcoming Avengers film.

I thought the first hulk looked fake as can be.. and The "madder hulk gets.. the bigger he gets"... come on!! lame..

Hulk Poodles???? Hulk Frogs.. ewwwwww

Dad was some form of Absorbing Man????? That was just bad...

New Hulk looked very realistic.. Eric Bana was a decent Bruce...

But Ed Norton was GREAT.. and the way he became the hulk was a cool homage to the TV show....

I didn't like Abomination cause he didn't have the ears.. but I understood...

Tim Roth was EXCELLENT!!!!

She was better than Liv as far as looks.. acting.. either or..