PDA

View Full Version : The Book of Eli

TexasRN
01-17-2010, 11:56 AM
Good movie. I enjoyed it. The beginning was a little slow but it has a really good message. Denzel did a great job with it. After it's out on video I may have to watch it again just to see if I can pick up all the clues.....

~Amy

billwilliams70
01-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Go see it.

We saw it last night and I think it's a very good movie.

Later.

TexasRN
01-17-2010, 11:07 PM
I posted about it in the entertainment section. I agree that people should go see it. Bf and I truly enjoyed it.

~Amy

billwilliams70
01-17-2010, 11:49 PM
I posted about it in the entertainment section. I agree that people should go see it. Bf and I truly enjoyed it.

~Amy
My bad......can a super duper moderator please merge the threads then? It would be greatly appreciated!

Later.

billwilliams70
01-17-2010, 11:52 PM
Ahhhh, yes, the clues. I want to see it again to pick up on the clues.

Later.

TexasRN
01-18-2010, 11:34 AM
My bad......can a super duper moderator please merge the threads then? It would be greatly appreciated!

Later.

I tried merging once and it went wonky. :laugh: It's not one of my strongest mod qualities.

~Amy

MattHughesRocks
01-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Amateur!

:duck:

TexasRN
01-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Amateur!

:duck:

So you do it then, bigshot. :laugh:

~Amy

Psykojojo
01-19-2010, 09:18 PM
Awesome movie! Tell me you didn't get goose bumps (stop if you haven't seen it yet) when he slams that rapist guys head off the bar, grabs him by the throat and whispers in his ear all disguisted "I know you. Your a murderer of innocent travelers on the road, your going to be held accountable for what you've done, do you know that? Do you?"

TexasRN
01-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Awesome movie! Tell me you didn't get goose bumps (stop if you haven't seen it yet) when he slams that rapist guys head off the bar, grabs him by the throat and whispers in his ear all disguisted "I know you. Your a murderer of innocent travelers on the road, your going to be held accountable for what you've done, do you know that? Do you?"

Did you see the ending coming? I have got to see it again when it's on DVD.

~Amy

billwilliams70
01-19-2010, 09:50 PM
I got 'em!

I didn't see the twist coming.

Later.

Psykojojo
01-20-2010, 02:35 AM
Did you see the ending coming? I have got to see it again when it's on DVD.

~Amy

I sorta did, not because i'm a smart dude, but because my wife and I are constantly trying to figure it out before the other does, it's like a little competition, so I pay attention to EVERYTHING and consider all possibilities. It actually ruins movies for me sometimes, not often, but sometimes

TexasRN
01-20-2010, 10:45 AM
I sorta did, not because i'm a smart dude, but because my wife and I are constantly trying to figure it out before the other does, it's like a little competition, so I pay attention to EVERYTHING and consider all possibilities. It actually ruins movies for me sometimes, not often, but sometimes

I knew there'd be a twist and I figured out part of it. Just not the big part.

More people need to hurry up and go see this movie!!!

~Amy

Tyburn
01-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Did anybody watch the end credits?

Did anyone catch the Directors name :ninja:

....Albert and Allen Hughes :huh: ...aka "The Hughes Brothers" :laugh: I kid ye not...I'm afraid im a stickler for these little details...you know...like the fact the monologue ends something like "I did fight the good fight, I did keep the faith" and then the words "Directed by The Hughes Brothers"

:ninja::laugh::ninja::laugh::ninja:

Of course I checked on IMDB...I half expected to find they were blank Pseudonymns...I cant think why :laugh:

But they are not although they ARE also twins...and their Birthday is April Fools.... hahahaha....I must spend WAY to much time on here...I cant see the name without thinking of the fighter anymore :laugh:

GOD has a dry sense of humour :laugh:

That was one film that suprised me all the way through...I did not see the end coming like that AT ALL LOL

Vizion
01-22-2010, 12:26 AM
Just came from that movie. Save your money for Avatar. This movie was incredibly predictable and very boring. I would still rate it 2 our of 5 stars.

The very ending was terrible.

TENNESSEAN
01-22-2010, 01:31 AM
It was good go watch it.

TexasRN
01-22-2010, 01:31 AM
Just came from that movie. Save your money for Avatar. This movie was incredibly predictable and very boring. I would still rate it 2 our of 5 stars.

The very ending was terrible.

I've heard Avatar was not all that great.

~Amy

Vizion
01-22-2010, 04:45 PM
I've heard Avatar was not all that great. Well, it is subjective. I liked Avatar. Book of Eli, eh, wait for the DVD would be my advice.

Tyburn
01-22-2010, 04:46 PM
Well, it is subjective. I liked Avatar. Book of Eli, eh, wait for the DVD would be my advice.

It would be nice if you told us WHY you dont like it?

rearnakedchoke
01-22-2010, 05:50 PM
Well, it is subjective. I liked Avatar. Book of Eli, eh, wait for the DVD would be my advice.

what about getting the bootlegged version of both?