PDA

View Full Version : Out of the mouths of babes!

DonnaMaria
01-15-2010, 04:20 PM
My pre-k kiddos in my class say funny things on a daily basis but this week they came up with some really hysterical stuff! I write everything down that they say and I will hopefully write a book someday.:laugh: I want to share some of the highlights of this week!

On Wednesday we were looking at a map of the world and I was showing them different countries on the map. When I pointed out China, one little guy, Dylan, jumped up.

Dylan: " HEY!!!!! I know a county that rhymes with China!!!!!"

Me: "You do?!? What rhymes with China?!"
( sometimes I am slow to see stuff coming!)

Dylan: "Fa-China!"

Me: (Trying to keep a straight face) "Wow! Fa-China! I haven't heard of that before!"

Dylan: "Yeah I heard about it on T.V. Fa-China! A lady was talking about Fa-China. I asked my dad about it and he told me it was a place. I asked him if he ever went to Fa-China and he told me that he went there once and he hasn't been there in a long time but he hopes he can go back there when I am older."

:laugh:

DonnaMaria
01-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Another little girl named Erica came up to me during playtime........

Erica: "Ms. H do you have any black people in your family?"

Me: "Black people? No sweetie, I don't. The people in my family are all white."

Erica: "That's a damn shame."

DonnaMaria
01-15-2010, 04:31 PM
Tyshena: "Ms. H.............did you buy your hair from the store?

Me: "No honey, it's my own hair."

Tyshena: "Are you SURE? Cause it looks like a weave."

Me: ( Letting her tug on my hair.) "See? It's really mine!"

Tyshena: "Wow. I didn't think it was real because it looks like the hair that my mommy buys at the dollar store."

Did I mention that you need REALLY thick skin to be a preschool teacher?!:laugh:

Twinsmama
01-15-2010, 05:21 PM
oh my gosh too funny. i'll chime in later when i can think of some funny things too. my kids are 5 and they keep shocking me with the things they say. my daughter says she wants to have big fat boobies like mommy when she gets bigger!! :unsure-1: ummm cute...i guess.

Me and my kids go for a bike ride almost everyday. When we first started we had only went about 1/2 mile and were almost home. She was whining so much. then out of her mouth came "mommy skinny people don't even have to excercise!" luckily she realized skinny people still need to be healthy and they can do 2 miles without all the whining now!

County Mike
01-15-2010, 06:08 PM
big fat boobies like mommy

Pics or shens!

Funny stuff DM. :)

Mac
01-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Write that Book Donna , I want the first copy!!

Fa-China . OOOOO my stomach hurts LMAO!!!!!!!

Tyburn
01-15-2010, 07:22 PM
:laugh: people also say really funny things on insurance claims you know. Like

"I saw a sad faced man slide down my windshield after stopping suddenly"

MattHughesRocks
01-15-2010, 07:51 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

CAMPO
01-15-2010, 09:45 PM
My pre-k kiddos in my class say funny things on a daily basis but this week they came up with some really hysterical stuff! I write everything down that they say and I will hopefully write a book someday.:laugh: I want to share some of the highlights of this week!

On Wednesday we were looking at a map of the world and I was showing them different countries on the map. When I pointed out China, one little guy, Dylan, jumped up.

Dylan: " HEY!!!!! I know a county that rhymes with China!!!!!"

Me: "You do?!? What rhymes with China?!"
( sometimes I am slow to see stuff coming!)

Dylan: "Fa-China!"

Me: (Trying to keep a straight face) "Wow! Fa-China! I haven't heard of that before!"

Dylan: "Yeah I heard about it on T.V. Fa-China! A lady was talking about Fa-China. I asked my dad about it and he told me it was a place. I asked him if he ever went to Fa-China and he told me that he went there once and he hasn't been there in a long time but he hopes he can go back there when I am older."

oooohhhh emmmm geeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Primadawn
01-15-2010, 10:27 PM
Fa-China!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Even funnier is the Dad's reply! lol:laugh:

Bonnie
01-15-2010, 10:37 PM
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm sure a lot of dads are hoping to revisit...... :laugh:

Kids.....they do say the darndest things! Or should I say "repeat"? :rolleyes:

hughesfan4life
01-15-2010, 10:38 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: fa-china!!!!...lol!!!.kids are just so comic

DonnaMaria
01-16-2010, 04:57 AM
This next one is an oldie but goodie.......

A few kids were playing in the house area. Four kids all together. Playing very nicely and getting along very well.

Three of the kids were black and one was white.

Along comes Dana and she wants to play in the house area. Suzie tells her that she can't play with them.

Now Dana (who was white) was a hard kid to like. She was often mean and nasty and she would even hit some of the other kids.

I assumed that the kids in the house area didn't want Dana to play because they knew she would be bossy. I would often have to break up fights between the kids and I would always encourage them to "use their words" in an effort to cut down on all the physical stuff.

So when Suzie told Dana that she couldn't play with them, Dana bunched up her little fist to hit, but then remembered to "use her words."

So she yelled "Suzie why won't you let me play?"

Thinking it was a perfect opportunity to teach communication skills, I ran over to Suzie and said.....

"Tell Dana why you don't want her to play with you."

Suzie looked really serious......and she put her hand on Dana's shoulder and looked right into her eyes and said

"This is a PARTY........and we already got one white person. Any more than that and it will bring the party DOWN!"

I was speechless!:laugh:

Dana, unable to argue with that, turned and went to play in the sand table!:laugh:

Bonnie
01-16-2010, 05:08 AM

I'm thinking we should give these kids a crack at world peace. :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
01-16-2010, 05:14 AM
I'm surprised they are playing the race card at such an early age.

DonnaMaria
01-16-2010, 05:15 AM
Dylan: "Today is my birthday!"

Me:( smiling at him ) "I know! You are getting soooooooo old!"

Dylan: (Very serious and looking a little scared) "I'M not so old! If I was so old I would look like YOU! I'm still YOUNG!"

DonnaMaria
01-16-2010, 05:20 AM

Well, I know it SEEMS that way, but they are really just kind of making observations.:laugh:

Saying someone is black or white is actually very matter of fact to them. Like pointing out that someone has brown hair or black hair. 99% of the time it's just a way of noticing differences or similarities.

And what I think is really interesting is that most of the time the kids don't even use the words "black" or "white." They use "tan" or "brown" or "pink."

According to my class I'm tan!:laugh:

MattHughesRocks
01-16-2010, 05:20 AM
Did you smack that one? :ninja:

Dylan: "Today is my birthday!"

Me:( smiling at him ) "I know! You are getting soooooooo old!"

Dylan: (Very serious and looking a little scared) "I'M not so old! If I was so old I would look like YOU! I'm still YOUNG!"

DonnaMaria
01-16-2010, 05:27 AM
Today during playtime a few kids were singing the "Pants Falling Down" chant from American Idol a few nights back.........

"Pants fallin' down......pants fallin' down
lookin' like a fool with your pants fallin' down!"

and Zachary stopped singing and said "I'm no fool, I just got no butt!"

DonnaMaria
01-16-2010, 05:32 AM
Did you smack that one? :ninja:

:laugh: Nah! He was too serious and adorable. And really, could I argue with him?!?

Old to him is his older brother who is 15. In his little world I'm ANCIENT.

I once asked my kids to guess my age.

One said 15, one said 9.........:laugh:

Then there were the ones who guessed 72........and then one said 108!:laugh:

DonnaMaria
01-16-2010, 05:43 AM
Once a little girl asked me to help her in the bathroom.

Well actually she yelled for me to help her........while she was sitting on the potty.:laugh:

"MS. H!!!!!!! I NEED YOU TO WIPE MY FRONT HINEY!!!!!!!!"

(I had never heard THAT one before.....)

I opened the door........

"You need me to help you wipe your hiney?" I asked.

"Yeah......my front one!" she said.

"Your FRONT one?!?" I repeated

"YEESSSSSSSS!!!!!" she said giggling

"Oh!" I said "I see! Well, sorry sweetie. Front or back, you are in big kid school now and you have to wipe your own!"

And I closed the door.

DonnaMaria
01-16-2010, 05:50 AM
This one didn't happen in my class but it happend to a fellow teacher of mine.

She was outside with her class on the playground and bent down to help a child tie his shoe.......

suddenly she heard the outside PA system come on.......and our principal talking..........

"Mrs. Smith, please stop your student from peeing on the building!"

Suprised and confused she looked up.....

and saw two little butt cheeks!!!!

Apparently Devon REALLY had to go!:laugh:

MattHughesRocks
01-16-2010, 06:10 AM
Oh my, I don't know what could be more funny :laugh:

flo
01-16-2010, 07:22 AM
Those are hilarious!!! I'm so glad you are sharing them! (and that you are writing them down, that would be a great book)

Now I'm going to be thinking Fa-China. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

flo
01-16-2010, 07:24 AM

Yeah, that kind of surprised me too. I would have got a spanking for any remarks like that...

Neezar
01-16-2010, 12:19 PM
I learned a good lesson over the holiday season.

My boys have had a lot in their little lifetime and aren't very grateful at times. The younger one, 5, will get mad quick if his present isn't what he wants or if it doesn't have something to do with a train. My girlfriend was bringing her little girl over to exchange presents so I was giving them a little prep talk. I told them that no matter what the present was they needed to be gracious, say thank you, and tell them Merry Christmas. They weren't paying good attention and they are boys, they like gross stuff so I said, "I don't care if it is a dog turd, you better act like you like it." They giggled and I knew they had heard.

Well, the younger one, who I was most worried about, while he is still opening his says sweetly, "Thank you and Merry Christmas!". Oh I beamed with pride thinking 'look at my little angel'. The older one, 6, opens his and says, "Well at least it isn't a dog turd!"

:scared0011::ashamed::duh:

I learned my lesson well. :laugh:

Silverback
01-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Now I know it's OK to give dog turd's for Christmas, my Christmas shopping just got easy. Boomer and Mac, you might what to smell your presents next year before you open.:scared0011::scared0011::scared0011:

MattHughesRocks
01-16-2010, 05:16 PM
:laugh::laugh::happy0198:I learned a good lesson over the holiday season.

My boys have had a lot in their little lifetime and aren't very grateful at times. The younger one, 5, will get mad quick if his present isn't what he wants or if it doesn't have something to do with a train. My girlfriend was bringing her little girl over to exchange presents so I was giving them a little prep talk. I told them that no matter what the present was they needed to be gracious, say thank you, and tell them Merry Christmas. They weren't paying good attention and they are boys, they like gross stuff so I said, "I don't care if it is a dog turd, you better act like you like it." They giggled and I knew they had heard.

Well, the younger one, who I was most worried about, while he is still opening his says sweetly, "Thank you and Merry Christmas!". Oh I beamed with pride thinking 'look at my little angel'. The older one, 6, opens his and says, "Well at least it isn't a dog turd!"

:scared0011::ashamed::duh:

I learned my lesson well. :laugh: