PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals beat the Packers

J.B.
01-11-2010, 12:20 AM
Logrus...here is a nice Cardinals picture for your sig!

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20100111/capt.0ddf7324fbd14c9b8411d3c091612c4b.packers_card inals_football_azmg134.jpg

Chuck
01-11-2010, 12:22 AM

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20100111/capt.0ddf7324fbd14c9b8411d3c091612c4b.packers_card inals_football_azmg134.jpg

Congrats bro!!!

logrus
01-11-2010, 12:24 AM

LMAO, you had bout 100 touchdowns to choose from why this one?

J.B.
01-11-2010, 12:35 AM
It was the first one I saw, lol

J.B.
01-11-2010, 12:36 AM
hell of a game though...that was how the playoffs need to be played!

Silverback
01-11-2010, 12:45 AM
Warner all the way

logrus
01-11-2010, 12:49 AM
hell of a game though...that was how the playoffs need to be played!

For having the #2 defense they played like utter crap. They had no answer for Breaston what so ever.

I told my buddy who was a huge Packers fan that maybe slapping them in the face the last two times was going to come back to bite us. I guess it did. :cry:

Bonnie
01-11-2010, 01:08 AM
JB, they didn't have a pic of that last play where Adams knocked the ball out of Rogers hand and the Cards picked it up and ran it in for the win? :unsure-1:

That one would have been sweet for Logrus' sig. :laugh:

Terrifc game!!!! Well, once the Packers started "playing". :laugh:

J.B.
01-11-2010, 01:49 AM
JB, they didn't have a pic of that last play where Adams knocked the ball out of Rogers hand and the Cards picked it up and ran it in for the win? :unsure-1:

That one would have been sweet for Logrus' sig. :laugh:

Terrifc game!!!! Well, once the Packers started "playing". :laugh:

I think from the replay it was just Dansby who took the ball right out of Rodgers hands, but I could be mistaken.

J.B.
01-11-2010, 01:50 AM
For having the #2 defense they played like utter crap. They had no answer for Breaston what so ever.

I told my buddy who was a huge Packers fan that maybe slapping them in the face the last two times was going to come back to bite us. I guess it did. :cry:

The Cards are an explosive offense, and if they get hot, it's hard for any defense to contain them.

I really thought the Pack was gonna take it when Rackers missed the FG and Green Bay won the OT coin toss, crazy stuff

logrus
01-11-2010, 01:55 AM
The Cards are an explosive offense, and if they get hot, it's hard for any defense to contain them.

I really thought the Pack was gonna take it when Rackers missed the FG and Green Bay won the OT coin toss, crazy stuff

Seemed like whos ever O got on the field first was going to win it, sadly Roger over threw Jennings otherwise he was going to the house. Odd though a defenseless game would be won with D lol

Best game of this post season, everything else was a blow out.

Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya
01-11-2010, 02:31 AM
That game rocked!!!!

Overtime.....sweet!!!

But, for more important things....
The Colts!!!!!!!!!!!!
Colts and Ravens coming up!!!!!!

I absolutely Love Peyton and the COLTS!
And I cant stand the Patriets, so I was happy to see Ravens win!!!!!!!

Oh, and Peyton got the MVP award, again...and again....and 1 more time..
Yep, 4th time!!!!!!!!
P, you rock!!!!!!!!!!

Robertboxerboy
01-11-2010, 02:38 AM
I honestly thought the game wasn't that good. There was no defense.

J.B.
01-11-2010, 03:54 AM
I honestly thought the game wasn't that good. There was no defense.

The Cards picked off the first pass of the game and had pressured the hell out of Rodgers all day and sacked him 3 times. Plus Woodson stripped Fitzgerald and caused a turnover, and the game ended with a defensive TD.

People forget that these are two VERY GOOD offensive teams and many experts thought this game would be a shootout. That's exactly what it was in the second half.

I thought it was great playoff football by both teams. The only thing that I actually found to just be absolutely ridiculous was Rackers completely shanking that FG at the end. Kickers are there to do one thing, and they can't be messing up in the playoffs. Unacceptable.

Bonnie
01-11-2010, 04:25 AM
I think from the replay it was just Dansby who took the ball right out of Rodgers hands, but I could be mistaken.

Adams knocked it out of Rodgers' hand...and Dansby caught it and ran it in. Below is from news quote:

Play of the game
The television networks could run highlights from this game by the dozens, but if they had to pick one play, it would the game-winner.

On third-and-6 from the Packers’ 24-yard line on the first possession of overtime, no one blocked Arizona’s blitzing cornerback Michael Adams. He had a free shot on Rodgers and knocked the ball loose just as Rodgers was trying to recoil.

The loose ball hit Rodgers’ foot and bounced into the hands of Dansby, who returned the fumble 17 yards for the game-winning touchdown just 1 minute, 18 seconds into the sudden-death period.

J.B.
01-11-2010, 04:44 AM
I think Adams knocked it out and Dansby caught it and ran it in. I could be wrong, but I watched the replay too and listened to the commentators and that's how it looked to me. :)

Let me know... :unsure:

Nope, you are right, I was actually so excited I was doing victory laps with my buddies around the living room :frantics:

I watched it again now and you are right, Adams did hit Rodgers first, but it happened really fast. Heck, I am still excited! :laugh:

Bonnie
01-11-2010, 04:59 AM
Nope, you are right, I was actually so excited I was doing victory laps with my buddies around the living room :frantics:

I watched it again now and you are right, Adams did hit Rodgers first, but it happened really fast. Heck, I am still excited! :laugh:

I know, if it wasn't for those great replays they're able to do now, we'd miss a lot. :laugh: I went and looked for an article and edited my post above, but you already posted this so ignore it. :wink:

It was the best game I've seen so far. I kept talking to the tv saying, "Come on Green Bay catch up so we can see an exciting game....and they did! :laugh:

I think if that had been the Cowboys, I would have been a wreck. :laugh:

billwilliams70
01-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Wow! What a crazy game. That sure was an entertaining job.

Later.

logrus
01-11-2010, 04:35 PM
If this was Tom Brady we would have a new tuck rule. Hey hey I''m just saying.... :unsure:

J.B.
01-12-2010, 05:20 AM
LOL

Packers fans still complain about Jerry Rice's fumble in the 98 Wildcard game too :tongue0011:

For real though, both teams can take a lot of pride in how that game was played. It broke all kinds of records. Most points, most touchdowns, most first downs, 2nd for most yards. I think there were some other Cardinals franchise records too, but I forget. Still, that was probably the best football game I have seen in a long time (not counting last years Super Bowl).

J.B.
01-12-2010, 05:50 AM
Something else I can't get enough of is the guy who does the Spanish Broadcasting for the Cardinals. They keep playing clips of him on KTAR Cardinals Radio in Phoenix....

TOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUCCCCCHHHHHDDDDDOOOOOOWWWWN ARIZONA! :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFlenJn4zL4 :rotfl:

Silverback
01-12-2010, 02:20 PM
This might come back to bite me in the rear but I say this is the year for Warner he will go all the way, I hope he does, Brenda and Kurt have done good things for the St. Louis area, Good luck Kurt, WAR WARNER.:punch::punch::punch:

logrus
01-12-2010, 04:49 PM
LOL

Packers fans still complain about Jerry Rice's fumble in the 98 Wildcard game too :tongue0011:

For real though, both teams can take a lot of pride in how that game was played. It broke all kinds of records. Most points, most touchdowns, most first downs, 2nd for most yards. I think there were some other Cardinals franchise records too, but I forget. Still, that was probably the best football game I have seen in a long time (not counting last years Super Bowl).

What sucked for me was not only was I a huge Packers fan, but I idolized Rice growing up. So part of me was mad, but part of me was glad. All in All though I wish they would have made the correct call.

The problem I had was the rule was put in play and earlier in the game was enforced even though the PAcker was being held/ tackled toward Warner. The last 2 plays were pretty deliberate on the part of the Cardinals.

Not only that but the rules in place to protect the quarterback is so messed up that to argue it would be pointless. IT just seems like rules placed are then surrounded by other rules so if something is questionable their is a cop out. Any other time it happens its illegal that game at that point it was fine. Now the league is saying it was incidental, but the earlier call was correct. Though in my opinion the earlier call is less incidental the the later one.

I wont take nothing away from the Cards they hung on and won it. With the way the Packs #2 ranked Def played, they deserved to lose.

Bonnie
01-13-2010, 07:59 PM
You know what would make Logrus' sig even better, if it could be "digital" like the picture frames nowdays. That way we could see all those exciting moments over and over! :laugh:

I thought when the Packers did that short little kick and their guy caught the ball to get control again, right after their touchdown, was brilliant. The commentators said the Packers have used it before, but I've never seen that done. But, that could be because I watch the most football at the end of the season going into the superbowl. :laugh:

logrus
01-13-2010, 09:22 PM
You know what would make Logrus' sig even better, if it could be "digital" like the picture frames nowdays. That way we could see all those exciting moments over and over! :laugh: :

That would be a 30 minute sig and probably crash the forums :laugh:

J.B.
01-13-2010, 09:30 PM
You know what would make Logrus' sig even better, if it could be "digital" like the picture frames nowdays. That way we could see all those exciting moments over and over! :laugh:

I thought when the Packers did that short little kick and their guy caught the ball to get control again, right after their touchdown, was brilliant. The commentators said the Packers have used it before, but I've never seen that done. But, that could be because I watch the most football at the end of the season going into the superbowl. :laugh:

That would be funny, but my Gif making skills are not advanced enough to handle such a long animation. :laugh:

That onside kick was a bush league move taken right out of the playbooks of a kid who is losing in a game of Madden on Xbox :cool:

Bonnie
01-13-2010, 10:48 PM
That onside kick was a bush league move taken right out of the playbooks of a kid who is losing in a game of Madden on Xbox :cool:

Hey, it worked.....beautifully. :laugh:

Don't add insult to injury to poor Logrus especially after the way they lost that game. Poor Rodgers! :laugh:

J.B.
01-13-2010, 11:25 PM
Hey, it worked.....beautifully. :laugh:

Don't add insult to injury to poor Logrus especially after the way they lost that game. Poor Rodgers! :laugh:

:laugh:

It wasn't a stab at Logrus, I was just saying that calling that onside kick was a hilarious thing to do in the 3rd quarter. You RARELY see that, and I think the only other time it was done this year was by the Packers. They are sneaky snakes!

Sure, it worked, but in that situation if they would have messed it up by not kicking it past the 40 yard line, kicking it out of bounds, or not recovering it, then the Packers fans and pundits would have ripped their coaching staff a new one. Especially if the Cardinals were to have taken advantage of the good field position and scored on the Packers defense again. That's the kind of stuff people get fired over in a playoff loss, lol.

Bonnie
01-13-2010, 11:34 PM
:laugh:

It wasn't a stab at Logrus.

I know. I was just teasing.... :laugh: