PDA

View Full Version : Where will Matt train for Renzo?

3dlee
01-10-2010, 04:43 AM
I assume that a lot or the majority of his training will be done at the H.I.T. Squad. But, does anyone know if Matt has any plans to travel to do any training? I think for the Serra fight he did some training at Minnesota MMA and Im sure hes invited to train tons of places. I notice a lot of fighters that normally stick to one spot to train have been branching out to improve (e.g. Chuck Liddell joining Eddie Bravo at his jitz center) and was wondering if Matt planned to do the same. Thanks!

WAR MATT HUUUUUUUUUUUUGHHES!!!

ps thinking of Matt getting ready for battle coming up gets me stoked!!! :frantics: :punch: :happydancing: :w00t:

MattHughesRocks
01-10-2010, 05:16 AM
He can come out to my place anytime :rolleyes:

Tyburn
01-10-2010, 09:23 AM
wouldnt suprise me if he also uses Jeremy Horn in Utah...and enlists the help of Matt Pena, wherever he may be right now. How early does one have to go out to the middle east to acclimatize to the weather :huh:

I still really hope the venue gets changed...I dont really like the idea of Hughes going out there :unsure-1:

cheachea
01-10-2010, 11:18 AM
wouldnt suprise me if he also uses Jeremy Horn in Utah...and enlists the help of Matt Pena, wherever he may be right now. How early does one have to go out to the middle east to acclimatize to the weather :huh:

I still really hope the venue gets changed...I dont really like the idea of Hughes going out there :unsure-1:

Yeah me too, I hope they have top notch security over there.

Preach
01-10-2010, 01:25 PM

Pena is with Jeremy now in Utah

Primadawn
01-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Pena is with Jeremy now in Utah

And he's on Facebook--Dave I'm shocked you haven't found him yet!:laugh:

Tyburn
01-10-2010, 02:53 PM
And he's on Facebook--Dave I'm shocked you haven't found him yet!:laugh:

I have found him on facebook, I just havent got round to making contact yet...i've had him listed on myspace forever too. :w00t:

hughesfan4life
01-10-2010, 05:38 PM
He can come out to my place anytime :rolleyes::ashamed:mine too!!!!..

Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya
01-11-2010, 02:27 AM
I thought Pena was actually in London doing some work

Tyburn
01-11-2010, 11:46 AM
I thought Pena was actually in London doing some work
hahahahaha...I thought you were talking about someone else for a moment LMAO

AMJ
01-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Abu Dabhi is an extremely wealthy country, you don't see any sectarian violence or extremist activity there. In fact, it's economy has been much more well managed than Dubai which has seen significant economic decline. It's actually a very progressive state and should hopefully provide a good venue for Matt to defeat Renzo. ;)

Tyburn
01-17-2010, 10:34 PM
Abu Dabhi is an extremely wealthy country, you don't see any sectarian violence or extremist activity there. In fact, it's economy has been much more well managed than Dubai which has seen significant economic decline.

Abu Dabhi is not a Country, its a City, within a Country known as The United Arab Emerites...would you advocate a Vocal Christian Fighter go to that Country?

Just because you dont see any extremist activity doesnt mean there isnt anything...and its wealth is not a comfort to me...infact its because of its wealth that alarm bells ring in my head. Money equates to power. Not good.

AMJ
01-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Abu Dabhi is not a Country, its a City, within a Country known as The United Arab Emerites...would you advocate a Vocal Christian Fighter go to that Country?

Just because you dont see any extremist activity doesnt mean there isnt anything...and its wealth is not a comfort to me...infact its because of its wealth that alarm bells ring in my head. Money equates to power. Not good.

My apologies, "country" slipped out of me, I should have known better since I have been to the emirates on a few occasions. However, I don't see an issue with Matt going there and fighting. How would it be any more different if he fought in Japan or any other country for that matter, he is doing it to support his family and earn an honest living.

You have a problem with Matt Hughes fighting there yet the UAE and the United States have had a long time trade and investment relationship. Fighting in Abu Dabhi isn't going to compromise his Chrisian religion or faith.

Who cares if Matt fights there..

TexasRN
01-17-2010, 11:18 PM
Here's why I'm not worried about Matt fighting there....he's a true Christian man. That means he prayed about the decision before agreeing to do it. God will watch over him and His will shall be done in Matt's life. No need to worry about him. God has his back.

~Amy

AMJ
01-17-2010, 11:27 PM
Here's why I'm not worried about Matt fighting there....he's a true Christian man. That means he prayed about the decision before agreeing to do it. God will watch over him and His will shall be done in Matt's life. No need to worry about him. God has his back.

~Amy

Your response intrigues me, it seems like you're insinuating that going there would be detrimental to Matt? I just don't see it that way, I personally think it's a good thing to travel and expand your horizons beyond where you live.

I guess I just like to travel.

TexasRN
01-17-2010, 11:36 PM
Your response intrigues me, it seems like you're insinuating that going there would be detrimental to Matt? I just don't see it that way, I personally think it's a good thing to travel and expand your horizons beyond where you live.

I guess I just like to travel.

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that those who are worried about Matt going there should relax and let God handle it. I have traveled. All over. Including out of my own country. I plan to continue traveling and have a list of countries I am going to visit. I do not worry one bit about Matt traveling there to fight. It's not even like it will be his first time, he's fought there before.

~Amy

AMJ
01-18-2010, 12:56 AM
No, that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that those who are worried about Matt going there should relax and let God handle it. I have traveled. All over. Including out of my own country. I plan to continue traveling and have a list of countries I am going to visit. I do not worry one bit about Matt traveling there to fight. It's not even like it will be his first time, he's fought there before.

~Amy

Oh cool, my bad!

Tyburn
01-18-2010, 01:20 AM
My apologies, "country" slipped out of me, I should have known better since I have been to the emirates on a few occasions. However, I don't see an issue with Matt going there and fighting. How would it be any more different if he fought in Japan or any other country for that matter, he is doing it to support his family and earn an honest living.

You have a problem with Matt Hughes fighting there yet the UAE and the United States have had a long time trade and investment relationship. Fighting in Abu Dabhi isn't going to compromise his Chrisian religion or faith.

Who cares if Matt fights there..

Its an islamic country....I dont think the UFC should be hosting event there period. I dont think they should be doing business there period either.

Its completely different from fighting in Japan.

TexasRN
01-18-2010, 05:42 PM
Its an islamic country....I dont think the UFC should be hosting event there period. I dont think they should be doing business there period either.

What if by going there Matt or someone else influences someone to believe in the real God? We never know how one small thing will impact the world.

~Amy

Tyburn
01-18-2010, 05:47 PM
What if by going there Matt or someone else influences someone to believe in the real God? We never know how one small thing will impact the world.

~Amy
Oh I have no doubt that will probably be the case...but I am just very uneasy about it. I dont want anything to...happen to him...I cant help that I care about his wellbeing can I :laugh: I wouldnt want any fighter I was close to out there. :unsure:

Llamafighter
01-18-2010, 05:49 PM

Yeah! when has Japan ever been a threat?:rolleyes:

Tyburn
01-18-2010, 05:51 PM
Yeah! when has Japan ever been a threat?:rolleyes:

Not since Hiroshima 1945 :laugh: