PDA

View Full Version : Aoki's Arm Break Fight Vid-Ouch!

MattHughesRocks
01-08-2010, 03:17 AM
Japanese fight promotions Dream and Sengoku combined to close out 2009 in Japan on New Year’s Eve with Dynamite!! 2009 at Saitama Super Arena. The event featured several impressive performances, more than a couple gut checks, and some remarkable finishes. But an unseemly display by one of the top lightweight fighters in the world stole much of the event’s luster.

In a battle of lightweight champions, Dream’s Shinya Aoki immediately put Sengoku’s Mizuto Hirota on the mat and took mount with Hirota’s arm wrapped up and behind his own back. Aoki then proceeded to, quite literally, break Hirota’s arm in an odd sort of twisting armbar. The maneuver popped Hirota’s elbow out of place, leaving his forearm flaccid.

Following the finish, Aoki put himself up for non-sportsman of the year by screaming at Hirota and shoving his middle finger in the Sengoku champion’s face.

Promoters of Sengoku, World Victory Road, on Thursday condemned Aoki’s actions and called on Dream officials to reprimand their champion.

Others took Aoki’s antics a little more in stride. Jason “Mayhem” Miller, who was a guest commentator alongside Michael Schiavello and Guy Mezger on the HDNet telecast of the fight, said, “Hey, that’s the business. We’re not figure skaters.”

Even UFC president Dana White weighed in on the incident, pretty much agreeing with Miller.

“This isn’t (expletive) baseball or one of these other sports,” White said at a gathering of reporters after Saturday’s UFC 108. “Sometimes these guys hate each other. When you break a guy’s arm that you hate, flip him off, and let him know you’re glad you broke his arm, I guess, it happens sometimes.

“It’s not the greatest sportsmanship, but, ‘oh, that guy is terrible, he’s a horrible man and he shouldn’t fight anymore,’ this is the fight business, man. Crazy stuff happens in the fight business sometimes.”

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=10431&zoneid=13

Spiritwalker
01-08-2010, 04:10 AM
Antics like that would get him kicked out of the UFC...Just like Renato...

MattHughesRocks
01-08-2010, 04:13 AM
Even tho the ref didn't even try to stop it? I'd have stopped it as soon as they flipped over and I don't even ref.Babalu kept going even after the ref was pulling him off.

Bonnie
01-08-2010, 04:21 AM
Maybe someone should break Aoki's arm and then use the flaccid part to give him a bloody nose and THEN fold down all the fingers but the ONE and stick it in his face (just for good measure!)! :angry:

Sorry, that was the devil in me speaking. :ashamed:

He's out now. :)

MattHughesRocks
01-08-2010, 04:29 AM
It's up to you Bonnie! HANDLE HIM! :party0019:

Maybe someone should break Aoki's arm and then use the flaccid part to give him a bloody nose and THEN fold down all the fingers but the ONE and stick it in his face (just for good measure!)! :angry:

MattHughesRocks
01-08-2010, 04:33 AM
And I like at the end when the commentator says " that's the nature of this sport.This isn't figure skating" :laugh:

Bonnie
01-08-2010, 04:45 AM
It's up to you Bonnie! HANDLE HIM! :party0019:

I didn't care for Mayhem's or DW's comments about the matter either.

"...that's the business." Sounded pretty "deliberate" to me and the disrespectful gestures afterward just sealed it. :angry:

Bonnie
01-08-2010, 04:47 AM
And I like at the end when the commentator says " that's the nature of this sport.This isn't figure skating" :laugh:

You would! :tongue0011:

Jason 16
01-08-2010, 05:09 AM
well his arm broke because he dint tap what did you want? him to do let go . the giveing him the bird after may have been over kill

Bonnie
01-08-2010, 05:38 AM
well his arm broke because he dint tap what did you want? him to do let go . the giveing him the bird after may have been over kill

If he could have gotten it another way, "YES!". Looked like he deliberately broke the guy's arm and enjoyed it.

Matt could have broken Gracie's arm ('cause that man wasn't going to tap), but he didn't. So he just GnP'd him. :punch:

KENTUCKYREDBONE
01-08-2010, 09:37 AM
While the person in the Arm bar has the responsibility to tap neither fighter should and probably don't deliberately break an arm! If the arm break was an accident I can cut some slack. Flipping someone of after breaking their arm however is very poor sportsmanship and bad for the sport!
After watching the video it did kind of look to me as if he broke it on purpose! The antics after the fight was uncalled for as well!

Vizion
01-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Now I want to see him do awful in the UFC. Jerk.

Llamafighter
01-08-2010, 01:17 PM

Sorry, that was the devil in me speaking. :ashamed:

He's out now. :)

Here Bonnie,
Watch Fedor beat up that bad little bugger:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XisoUegzUw

Neezar
01-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Maybe he was mad and gave him the finger because the guy made him break his arm and he didn't want to have to do that. :unsure-1:

:laugh:

Bonnie
01-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Here Bonnie,

Yeah, he's quite respectful to the guy who could use him as a drill bit.

Bonnie
01-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Maybe he was mad and gave him the finger because the guy made him break his arm and he didn't want to have to do that. :unsure-1:

If they're not going to reprimand him for his lousy sportsmanship, at the very least, do it for his lousy fashion sense! :blink:

Maldonado136
01-08-2010, 02:41 PM
no one should be mad about the arm break. flipping the bird is another story but it isnt his fault that that guy is too stupid to tap.

eric84
01-08-2010, 03:34 PM
If a guy refuses to tap when your pounding his face in, you don't stop do you? This is fighting, if the guy is aware of his faculties and refuses to tap, then it only makes sense to do what you were doing. The rules don't state the only way you should win is by putting enough fear in your opponent to cause them to tap. Bird at the end wasn't needed but I didn't think it was a huge deal. I would love to see him fight BJ though and get demolished.

Spiritwalker
01-08-2010, 03:45 PM
If he "meant" to break his arm.. yeah.. I would be ticked.. but honestly I can't tell if it was intentional or not. If it was intentional.. that's actually against the rules and considered a foul in the UFC (Engaging in an unsportsmanlike conduct that causes an injury to an opponent.)

The bragging about it afterwards.. that's just wrong.. bad sportsmanship..
In the UFC that is against the rules also

MattHughesRocks
01-08-2010, 04:21 PM
That was fun to watch!

Here Michelle,

rearnakedchoke
01-08-2010, 04:38 PM
While the person in the Arm bar has the responsibility to tap neither fighter should and probably don't deliberately break an arm! If the arm break was an accident I can cut some slack. Flipping someone of after breaking their arm however is very poor sportsmanship and bad for the sport!
After watching the video it did kind of look to me as if he broke it on purpose! The antics after the fight was uncalled for as well!

he said in another interview where he was supposedly apologizing that he would have stopped if he tapped, but since he didn't he knew he was going to break it and that he wasn't going to stop cranking until there was a tap or the ref stepped in ..

i really don't have a problem with it either ... tap, snap or nap .. it's the name of the game ..

eric84
01-08-2010, 04:58 PM
If he "meant" to break his arm.. yeah.. I would be ticked.. but honestly I can't tell if it was intentional or not. If it was intentional.. that's actually against the rules and considered a foul in the UFC (Engaging in an unsportsmanlike conduct that causes an injury to an opponent.)

The bragging about it afterwards.. that's just wrong.. bad sportsmanship..
In the UFC that is against the rules also

Do you have any backing on if that is a foul or not in the UFC? I personally didn't think it was, but if it is I just wanted to see the rules regarding it. I don't see how you can give someone a foul when your supposed to be fighting them, and they refuse to tap. If anything you should give a foul to the person who refuses to tap for putting his health at risk!(which I think would be dumb too). I have never seen a rule stating anything about if your going to put someone in a submission that has the potential to break something you have to go slow to give them enough time to tap. It would be very easy to "intentionally" break something and then say you didn't think it was as bad as that because they weren't tapping.

suntereo
01-08-2010, 05:00 PM
i didnt read the whole thread and dont know of the history between the fighters but could it be possible that Aoki was so upset because the guy made him break his arm by refusing to tap. I would be pissed at some idiot that was too tough to tap when he knew it was done.

Silverback
01-08-2010, 05:43 PM
If he could have gotten it another way, "YES!". Looked like he deliberately broke the guy's arm and enjoyed it.

Matt could have broken Gracie's arm ('cause that man wasn't going to tap), but he didn't. So he just GnP'd him. :punch:

Yea that just shows what the twin's are made of, just good people.:punch::punch::punch:

Max
01-08-2010, 06:14 PM
I have no problem with Aoki breaking the arm, like other people have said if the guy does not tap thats his own fault.

Im not sure how true this is but I read somewhere that Gracie has said that the arm bar Matt had would not have broken his arm.

Llamafighter
01-08-2010, 06:47 PM
i didnt read the whole thread and dont know of the history between the fighters but could it be possible that Aoki was so upset because the guy made him break his arm by refusing to tap. I would be pissed at some idiot that was too tough to tap when he knew it was done.

That's sort of what I thought.

Bonnie
01-08-2010, 08:00 PM
I have no problem with Aoki breaking the arm, like other people have said if the guy does not tap thats his own fault.

Im not sure how true this is but I read somewhere that Gracie has said that the arm bar Matt had would not have broken his arm.

Matt was going for a kimura on Gracie (if I'm not mistaken). I have no doubt that Matt could have broken his arm if he had kept going. Besides, what else would Gracie say, but that. :rolleyes:

I don't get it--why didn't the ref just stop it and give the win to Aoki since the other guy wasn't gonna tap, yet he couldn't defend himself either. What's the difference between stopping the fight when someone is being GnP'd and can't defend themselves and this particular fight. In both the opponent is unable to defend himself. In this case, the ref could clearly see where it was leading but he lets Aoki break the arm then stops the fight. If the guy isn't going to tap, then go ahead and stop it and give it to Aoki.

I think the guy should have tapped, but I don't think Aoki should have gone ahead and broke his arm.

Max
01-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Matt was going for a kimura on Gracie (if I'm not mistaken). I have no doubt that Matt could have broken his arm if he had kept going. Besides, what else would Gracie say, but that. :rolleyes:

I don't get it--why didn't the ref just stop it and give the win to Aoki since the other guy wasn't gonna tap, yet he couldn't defend himself either. What's the difference between stopping the fight when someone is being GnP'd and can't defend themselves and this particular fight. In both the opponent is unable to defend himself. In this case, the ref could clearly see where it was leading but he lets Aoki break the arm then stops the fight. If the guy isn't going to tap, then go ahead and stop it and give it to Aoki.

I think the guy should have tapped, but I don't think Aoki should have gone ahead and broke his arm.

it was a straight armbar

http://www.thesweetscience.com/images/8773/matt_hughes_240x230_20060922.jpg

Gracie coudl have said he was not gonna tap no matter when but thats not what he said.

You cant just end a fight because someone is caught in a submission. There have been times when people have been caught in chokes and have survived. There are also cases where some people can bend in ways others cant. A shoulder lock that might make me tap might not make you tap. IMO the ref should only stop a fight in the fighter taps, goes out or something snaps.

Llamafighter
01-08-2010, 10:52 PM
That was fun to watch!

Fedor looks so quick.

Bonnie
01-08-2010, 11:11 PM
it was a straight armbar

http://www.thesweetscience.com/images/8773/matt_hughes_240x230_20060922.jpg

IMO the ref should only stop a fight in the fighter taps, goes out or something snaps.

Hmmm...I thought it was a kimura. I'm going to have to go watch it now. Not that I don't believe you, Max. :unsure-1: If you're right, I'll come back and say, "Max, you were right!" Even if it kills me! :laugh:

As for whathisname, alright already, I get it! SNAP, CRACKLE and POP, or in this case, POP, CRACKLE and SNAP!!! :tongue0011:

Llamafighter
01-08-2010, 11:53 PM
Hmmm...I thought it was a kimura. I'm going to have to go watch it now. Not that I don't believe you, Max. :unsure-1: If you're right, I'll come back and say, "Max, you were right!" Even if it kills me! :laugh:

As for whathisname, alright already, I get it! SNAP, CRACKLE and POP, or in this case, POP, CRACKLE and SNAP!!! :tongue0011:

Matt loves to go for that cross side kimura in this case I think he got the straight armbar and decided to stick with that.
He got Riggs with the Kimura that you're thinking of:)

Bonnie
01-09-2010, 12:09 AM
Yeah, I just confirmed it. :wink: I thought of that...Riggs...after Max posted "the straight arm bar". But, still had to check. :laugh:

Hey, Max, "You were right!" :)

atomdanger
01-09-2010, 12:13 AM
Antics like that would get him kicked out of the UFC...Just like Renato...

No it wouldn't.

The guy didn't tap, Mir didn't get kicked out for breaking Tim's arm.
Babalu didn't get kicked out for saying he held the choke after,
he got kicked out for holding it while the ref was trying to stop him.

Spiritwalker
01-09-2010, 01:04 AM
No it wouldn't.

The guy didn't tap, Mir didn't get kicked out for breaking Tim's arm.
Babalu didn't get kicked out for saying he held the choke after,
he got kicked out for holding it while the ref was trying to stop him.

Yes it would...

Point 1. It's in the rules...
Point 2. If a fighter is intentionally trying to do that kind of damage.. the UFC wouldn't want them.
Point 3. Mir breaking Big Tim's arm wasn't on purpose
Point 4. Renato getting booted was directly cause by him intentionally holding the RNC after Maz called the the fight... which is against the rules.. Which is what I am saying... and the fans would have none of it.

I would be willing to bet a ton of cash Mir wasn't trying to break Tim's arm..

Prize fighters or not.. this era of UFC fighter truely isn't out to really hurt someone.. most of these guys have families.. and they each know that the real money only comes from fighting...
Matt is a prime example.. he could have kept going on Royce.. the ref would have seen the break and stopped the fight.. Matt wins.. But Matt is a better class of fighter and person than UFC guys of old.. like Frank (Oh I thought we were her to fight??" after he was DQed) Shamrock.

There are errors... like Jon Jones.. honest rookie mistake... and then I seem to remember a UFC ( ? ) fighter.. grabbing the cage and stomping the face of a downed fighter.. a HW fight.. THAT guy went to town.. IMO on purpose...

atomdanger
01-10-2010, 06:26 AM
Yes it would...

Point 1. It's in the rules...
Point 2. If a fighter is intentionally trying to do that kind of damage.. the UFC wouldn't want them.
Point 3. Mir breaking Big Tim's arm wasn't on purpose
Point 4. Renato getting booted was directly cause by him intentionally holding the RNC after Maz called the the fight... which is against the rules.. Which is what I am saying... and the fans would have none of it.

1. Please show me what rule says no pushing an armlock to break?
2. the UFC has no conscience.
3. How do you know? You don't
4. that is exactly what I said,
and it is exactly what Aoki DID NOT do
the ref wasn't trying to stop it.

The UFC didn't cut babalu for attacking a cop,
and spitting in securities face,
he said before the fight he was going to hurt and punish the guy,
the UFC has NO PROBLEM with that unless it makes them look bad

logrus
01-10-2010, 07:38 AM
Atom are all your responses from a mobile device? Every time I read a post of yours it looks like something my friend would attempt to write on his blackberry. That dude has toes for thumbs too lol (thats an expression)

Anyways I don't see what all the fuss is about. The guy didn't tap and it snapped. Its nobody elses fault other then the guy on the receiving end.

Tyburn
01-10-2010, 10:55 AM
Very dissapointing I think.

Breaking the arm possibly couldnt be helpped...but the bit after that certainly could. I dont care about the arm break, I care about what that fighter did afterwards...its not the way to promote the sport.

Spiritwalker
01-10-2010, 04:09 PM
1. Please show me what rule says no pushing an armlock to break?

OK... http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=LearnUFC.Rules

22. Engaging in an unsportsmanlike conduct that causes an injury to an opponent.

Seems clear to me...

2. the UFC has no conscience.

So you say.. It doesn't appear that way to me at all.

3. How do you know? You don't

You finally got one 100% right... No I don't know.. but you can look at the fight and see Franks face.. sure is was a submission.. but if he was trying to break the arm.. it would have been more of a "jerking motion".. rather than continual pressure... so no.. I don't know that is was an accident.. but I do know how to break an arm in grappling.. and Mir is prolly 100 times better than me.. at least.. so.. it stands to reason...

4. that is exactly what I said,

Right.. you were twisting my words...

and it is exactly what Aoki DID NOT do
the ref wasn't trying to stop it.

I do not know what Aoki was trying to do.. and you do nit either .. kinda like what you said above.. I said I can't tell.. and if he was intentionally trying to break the arm.. the UFC would have none of that.. Hell he might even have a hard time getting a license cause his antics make it appear that it was EXACTLY what he was trying to do.

As far as the ref trying to stop the fight.. that isn't wa this was about.. and I bet Dan, Herb and maybe even a few others.. would have stopped it.

The UFC didn't cut babalu for attacking a cop,
and spitting in securities face,

No the UFC didn't.. They dropped him for acting like a tool... in the cage.. they dropped him cause it was a crap thing he did.. and it's against the rules.. and the fans went nuts that he did it...

28. Flagrantly disregarding the instructions of the referee.
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=LearnUFC.Rules

he said before the fight he was going to hurt and punish the guy,

And name one fighter that doesn't do that? Actually I can't remember Matt Hughes saying that.. nothing as clear as "I'm gonna hurt him"... But given some of the jerks that Matt has beat down.. it wouldn't surprise me.

the UFC has NO PROBLEM with that unless it makes them look bad

Glad you think so highly of the UFC.. make sure you get your apology from Dana on his twitter...

Max
01-10-2010, 04:56 PM

22. Engaging in an unsportsmanlike conduct that causes an injury to an opponent.

Seems clear to me...

going for a submission is not unsportsmanlike. Actions that would fall into that would be intentionally poking someone in the eyes or intentionally hitting someone in the groin.

The only thing that might have made the UFC mad was how Aoki acted after the fight was over but even that would not have gotten him kicked out of the UFC.

Tyburn
01-10-2010, 05:07 PM
going for a submission is not unsportsmanlike. Actions that would fall into that would be intentionally poking someone in the eyes or intentionally hitting someone in the groin.

The only thing that might have made the UFC mad was how Aoki acted after the fight was over but even that would not have gotten him kicked out of the UFC.

I agree...i'm not sure he meant to even break the arm. I dont think it was intentional exactly....and the UFC stand of all kinda bad behaviour up to and after a fight.

Spiritwalker
01-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Agreed.. that's why I said that Frank wasn't trying to break Big Tim's arm.. but had he intentionally tired to... he would have been booted...

And

Eye gouging and strikes to the groin are covered under different rules.

County Mike
01-11-2010, 12:27 AM
Continuing a hold when the dummy doesn't tap is NOT unsportsmanlike. Punching someone AFTER the buzzer would be. If you come out for the ref intro and the other guy kisses you, then you knock him out, THAT would also be under the "unsportsmanlike" issue.

I don't have a problem with Aoki breaking the arm. Dummy should have tapped. The gloating after was wrong though.

atomdanger
01-12-2010, 08:21 AM
Atom are all your responses from a mobile device? Every time I read a post of yours it looks like something my friend would attempt to write on his blackberry. That dude has toes for thumbs too lol (thats an expression)

Anyways I don't see what all the fuss is about. The guy didn't tap and it snapped. Its nobody elses fault other then the guy on the receiving end.

actually yes a lot of them are from my crackberry

atomdanger
01-12-2010, 08:29 AM

[QUOTE]22. Engaging in an unsportsmanlike conduct that causes an injury to an opponent.

Seems clear to me...

Unsportsmanlike, how is doing a sub unsportsmanlike?
Sometimes is very hard to tell when a break will happen, etc..
Doesn't seem clear to me at all, and nobody has never been penalized for breaking an arm during a sub, so, history would say I am right.

So you say.. It doesn't appear that way to me at all.
What has UFC done to show you they really care?
They have done a lot of people pretty dirty.

You finally got one 100% right... No I don't know.. but you can look at the fight and see Franks face.. sure is was a submission.. but if he was trying to break the arm.. it would have been more of a "jerking motion".. rather than continual pressure... so no.. I don't know that is was an accident.. but I do know how to break an arm in grappling.. and Mir is prolly 100 times better than me.. at least.. so.. it stands to reason...
Do you train in BJJ?
I don't mean to sound rude there at all, but continual pressure are how subs are applied.

I do not know what Aoki was trying to do.. and you do nit either .. kinda like what you said above.. I said I can't tell.. and if he was intentionally trying to break the arm.. the UFC would have none of that.. Hell he might even have a hard time getting a license cause his antics make it appear that it was EXACTLY what he was trying to do.

As far as the ref trying to stop the fight.. that isn't wa this was about.. and I bet Dan, Herb and maybe even a few others.. would have stopped it.
Completely your opinion, but it doesn't matter.
Fighters have openly said they are coming in to break arms, etc..
and tried to, do they get in trouble? NO.
So again, history in the UFC has shown you to be wrong here.

No the UFC didn't.. They dropped him for acting like a tool... in the cage.. they dropped him cause it was a crap thing he did.. and it's against the rules.. and the fans went nuts that he did it...

28. Flagrantly disregarding the instructions of the referee.
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=LearnUFC.Rules
Exactly, he was dropped for keeping the choke on when the ref tried to stop it,
that is NOT what Aoiki did.
So Aoiki would NOT have gotten in any trouble.

And name one fighter that doesn't do that? Actually I can't remember Matt Hughes saying that.. nothing as clear as "I'm gonna hurt him"... But given some of the jerks that Matt has beat down.. it wouldn't surprise me.
The bulk of fighters do not threaten to punish guys and really hurt them.
Watch any UFC event

Glad you think so highly of the UFC.. make sure you get your apology from Dana on his twitter...
I love MMA, but the UFC is business,
and they care about MONEY, thats it.
Maybe they have some other concerns,
but be realistic, MONEY is the bottom line, nothing else.

Spiritwalker
01-12-2010, 12:22 PM
[QUOTE=Spiritwalker;92661]OK... http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=LearnUFC.Rules

[quote]
Unsportsmanlike, how is doing a sub unsportsmanlike?
Sometimes is very hard to tell when a break will happen, etc..
Doesn't seem clear to me at all, and nobody has never been penalized for breaking an arm during a sub, so, history would say I am right.

Stop trying to fight about that..I never said trying for a submission was unsportsman like. I said intentionally trying to break his arm was.

What has UFC done to show you they really care?
They have done a lot of people pretty dirty.
[quote]

Plenty. And in a business, someone always loses.. unlike some sporting events.

[quote]
Do you train in BJJ?
I don't mean to sound rude there at all, but continual pressure are how subs are applied.

Yes I do.
Brown belt in Shuri-te Jujitsu
Purple in Brazillian.. could probably be brown if I applied myself.. Your point?

Completely your opinion, but it doesn't matter.
Fighters have openly said they are coming in to break arms, etc..
and tried to, do they get in trouble? NO.
So again, history in the UFC has shown you to be wrong here.

If you compare the amount of times that someone says they are going to do something on a promo, and actually do it.. I wonder what those numbers are....

I am talking about sportsmanship.. Additionally.. If someone is going into a fight to intentionally do something like that.. maybe they shoudl be doing something else.

Exactly, he was dropped for keeping the choke on when the ref tried to stop it,
that is NOT what Aoiki did.
So Aoiki would NOT have gotten in any trouble.

Which is what I said.. you want to argue while you agree with me? My very first post said I can't tell if he meant to do it or not.. had he meant to. I would have issues with the UFC. Given his "kid like" antics afterwards.. makes me think he probably was.."he won't submit" I will break it... either way.. lame.

The bulk of fighters do not threaten to punish guys and really hurt them.
Watch any UFC event

I get the feeling that I watch a lot more than you.

I love MMA, but the UFC is business,
and they care about MONEY, thats it.
Maybe they have some other concerns,
but be realistic, MONEY is the bottom line, nothing else.

And your point again? Not that I agree with you.. but are you just typing to see your words in text?

Neezar
01-13-2010, 05:12 AM
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff117/Vampire_Way_Leto_/Catgame.gif

flo
01-13-2010, 08:52 AM
Why didn't he tap? That was horrible, I couldn't watch the last few seconds.

I think they should kick his a$$ out. I know it's not "figure skating" as Mayhem or Dana said but it IS supposed to be a sport and if they want to allow this kind of crap, why not take off all restrictions and go back to the bad old days?

It makes me literally sick, and then the guy runs around flipping everyone off? Lovely.

And I know arms and legs get broken; I hate to see it happen and know that sometimes the fighters are too adrenalized up to tap out or they are too much of a warrior. But to DELIBERATELY break it like he did, it turns my stomach. I guess I'm more in the Damien Maya camp, defeating an opponent without hurting them, or at least without possible career ending injuries.

flo
01-13-2010, 09:00 AM
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff117/Vampire_Way_Leto_/Catgame.gif
LMAO!!!

I should have read the comments first, Bonnie, Kentucky and SpiritW already said pretty much the same thing...

Note to self: read comments first...:)

flo
01-13-2010, 09:01 AM
I am so stealing that gif!
:Whistle:

flo
01-13-2010, 09:06 AM
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1723/wtf4.jpg

heh, I had to post something to get that broken arm image out of my head.

Neezar
01-13-2010, 11:39 AM
Why didn't he tap? That was horrible, I couldn't watch the last few seconds.

I think they should kick his a$$ out. I know it's not "figure skating" as Mayhem or Dana said but it IS supposed to be a sport and if they want to allow this kind of crap, why not take off all restrictions and go back to the bad old days?

It makes me literally sick, and then the guy runs around flipping everyone off? Lovely.

And I know arms and legs get broken; I hate to see it happen and know that sometimes the fighters are too adrenalized up to tap out or they are too much of a warrior. But to DELIBERATELY break it like he did, it turns my stomach. I guess I'm more in the Damien Maya camp, defeating an opponent without hurting them, or at least without possible career ending injuries.

I couldn't watch it either. I must be getting soft in my old age. :unsure-1:

MattHughesRocks
01-13-2010, 05:21 PM
If I can watched it, you can watch it Denise. I barely flinched!

I couldn't watch it either. I must be getting soft in my old age. :unsure-1:

Spiritwalker
01-13-2010, 05:35 PM

It's the sudden thrust that makes me lean toward intentional.. but it could have been just the arm giving under the pressure.

Neezar
01-13-2010, 06:03 PM

Okay, I am going to watch it then! :w00t:

note: I love how those guys around the ring just reach in and push the fighters back in. We should have that around the cage. Have people standing around it with rulers to pop hands if the fighters grab the cage.

Neezar
01-13-2010, 06:07 PM
I will go with Intentional for $500, Alex.

:unsure-1:

MattHughesRocks
01-13-2010, 06:12 PM