PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Day

Black Mamba
01-05-2010, 10:40 PM
I just came back home a hour ago from Wal-Mart and the stores are already prepping up for V-day. Then Costco is taking orders already for long stemmed roses ($75). I can't imagine spending that much money on something that I cannot eat. $75 can buy a killer dinner.

The only thing I do like about V-day are the teddy bears. I'm sucker for any and all teddy bears.

TexasRN
01-05-2010, 10:44 PM
I just came back home a hour ago from Wal-Mart and the stores are already prepping up for V-day. Then Costco is taking orders already for long stemmed roses ($75). I can't imagine spending that much money on something that I cannot eat. $75 can buy a killer dinner.

The only thing I do like about V-day are the teddy bears. I'm sucker for any and all teddy bears.

I'm with ya on the roses. Waste of money. I'd rather have a real plant or food, like you said. I'm just not a big fan of Valentine's Day. Seems like a way to get men in trouble for not spending enough money or not being romantic enough.

~Amy

MattHughesRocks
01-05-2010, 10:50 PM
For me it's big flowers, expensive chocolate and diamonds galore! Of course that may have something to do with me still being single:ashamed:
Oh well!:laugh:

TexasRN
01-05-2010, 10:53 PM
I'd much rather save the money and go on a nice vacation together. Someday I will travel the world.

~Amy

VCURamFan
01-06-2010, 12:38 AM

The only thing I do like about V-day are the teddy bears. I'm sucker for any and all teddy bears.Low maintenance.

I'm with ya on the roses. Waste of money. I'd rather have a real plant or food, like you said. I'm just not a big fan of Valentine's Day. Seems like a way to get men in trouble for not spending enough money or not being romantic enough.

~AmyLow maintenance.

For me it's big flowers, expensive chocolate and diamonds galore! Of course that may have something to do with me still being single:ashamed:
Oh well!:laugh:High maintnance!!! :laugh:

I'd much rather save the money and go on a nice vacation together. Someday I will travel the world.

~AmyHmmm...may have to adjust previous judgement...:unsure:

Black Mamba
01-06-2010, 01:54 AM
Ben, you may have to re-think that statement if you knew how much I spend on good underwear.:laugh: I don't go cheap on that.

But everything else I'm pretty simple on.

Silverback
01-06-2010, 02:02 AM

~Amy

Amy I have learned a long time ago, a man can never spend enough or be romantic enough, the last time I was trying to be romantic it was raining and I threw my coat over a water puddle and she stepped on my coat, the only problem was my coat was floating and the puddle was 4 feet deep, you can bet your butt that cost me but it was worth it.:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011:

VCURamFan
01-06-2010, 04:30 AM
Ben, you may have to re-think that statement if you knew how much I spend on good underwear.:laugh: I don't go cheap on that.

But everything else I'm pretty simple on.

That's not high maintenance, that's just good advertising! :wink: :devil:

MattHughesRocks
01-06-2010, 04:40 AM
Check you out! :laugh:

That's not high maintenance, that's just good advertising! :wink: :devil:

VCURamFan
01-06-2010, 04:56 AM
Check you out! :laugh:

Hey, I can spit some good game when I put my mind to it! :cool:

Primadawn
01-06-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm with Michele! Diamonds!!!!!:happydancing:

TexasRN
01-06-2010, 11:05 AM
Amy I have learned a long time ago, a man can never spend enough or be romantic enough, the last time I was trying to be romantic it was raining and I threw my coat over a water puddle and she stepped on my coat, the only problem was my coat was floating and the puddle was 4 feet deep, you can bet your butt that cost me but it was worth it.:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011:

Men can feel free to be romantic and all. I just don't think it's fair to set ya'll up on this one day out of the year where women seem to demand expensive gifts to make their man prove he loves her. Seems stupid to me.

~Amy

TexasRN
01-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Low maintenance.

Low maintenance.

High maintnance!!! :laugh:

Hmmm...may have to adjust previous judgement...:unsure:

:laugh: Thing is, I tend to pay for the vacation!

~Amy

County Mike
01-06-2010, 11:11 AM

Pics or shens.

CAMPO
01-06-2010, 01:49 PM
I like Valentines Day for a few reasons...it was the "holiday" when my hubby proposed to me (5 yrs ago this year! wow!), I like sweets....and it is a great reminder for guys to remember that "special someone" in their life to send a meaningful token on their love....whether that is diamonds, roses, card, etc... cause lets face it - most men need a little reminder from time to time :wink: :laugh:

:wub:

rearnakedchoke
01-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Everyday is Valentine's Day

Twinsmama
01-06-2010, 02:18 PM
I don't like Valentines Day much either. I don't like flowers much, don't really care for chochlate and not much on being romanced. I know I'm weird but I have this thing against men being soft and romantic. Don't bash me I said I know it's weird. I usually buy a cake or cookies or something for the kids. My anniversary is 2 weeks after Valentines Day so we do usually go out to dinner on that night. I've only gotten flowers 2 times since I've met my husband (13 years ago) and that is just fine with me. However that being said I do expect to drive around in a new truck, have a new 4 wheeler, etc. I don't want much so usually if I want something I get it.

Silverback
01-06-2010, 02:29 PM
I like Valentines Day for a few reasons...it was the "holiday" when my hubby proposed to me (5 yrs ago this year! wow!), I like sweets....and it is a great reminder for guys to remember that "special someone" in their life to send a meaningful token on their love....whether that is diamonds, roses, card, etc... cause lets face it - most men need a little reminder from time to time :wink: :laugh:

:wub:

You know Campo if we would get reminded from time to time, instead of once every blue moon we would be better at it.:wink::Whistle::tongue0011::tongue0011:

Chuck
01-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Pics or shens.

Definitely.

Miss Foxy
01-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Men can feel free to be romantic and all. I just don't think it's fair to set ya'll up on this one day out of the year where women seem to demand expensive gifts to make their man prove he loves her. Seems stupid to me.

~Amy

Yup, I am with you on this one!! It's such a cliche to get the whole candy, roses, blah blah blah...I am not the romantic type at all! I like a man that can get his hands dirty and is oblivious to the quotes I text him..:Whistle:

Primadawn
01-06-2010, 05:17 PM
I loooooove flowers! But they have to be sent to me at work where other people can see them or it doesn't count! :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
01-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Not that I'm high maintenance but I'd want something like this:w00t:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpojZ0COU3Y

Shoots like a girl
01-06-2010, 08:27 PM
I dont want cut flowers, I want a flower I can plant(so my husband can gripe about mowing around it), I dont wear the same jewelry everyday so no point in expensive stuff, and Im not big on sweets. Romance means something different to me. When he helps me do the dishes and put the laundry away hes the SEXIEST guy on the planet! :)

Black Mamba
01-07-2010, 11:05 PM
When it comes to V-day I'd like something that we can do together, especially outdoorsy. Keep it simple and fun. Hold the flowers unless they are fake or the kind I can plant. I prefer fake flowers so they last forever. Teddy bears are sweet too.

Pics or shens.

Definitely.

You wish you horny old men. :tongue0011: :laugh:

Tyburn
01-10-2010, 10:17 AM

V-Day??

Shame on your local Wal-Mart for not already stocking Easter Eggs :mellow:

:laugh:

you think I'm joking :ninja: