PDA

View Full Version : creation

Vizion
01-05-2010, 03:18 AM
What are your thoughts on it? ((besides the MAJESTY of it that is :):):)

Was it a literal 6 day creation? Since God created time, time cannot be counted against God.

Thoughts?

NateR
01-05-2010, 03:48 AM
I have no problems believing that GOD created the universe in 6 24-hour days. He's GOD, nothing is impossible for Him.

However, with our current understanding of physics, it's entirely possible that the billions of years that science claims it took for the universe to be created and the 6 days (144 hourse) that the Bible describes are actually the same period of time, just observed from different points in the universe.

There is also the theory of Time Dilation with takes into account the expansion of the universe and its effect on how we view past events. I'll have to review Dr. Gerald Shroeder's explanation of this, but he had a formula that factored in universe's rate of expansion and he determined that the first day of creation would appear to have lasted over 8 billion years, even though it was really only 24 hours long.

Chris F
01-05-2010, 04:07 AM
All I know is he is the creator. How it happened is not as important to me. 6 days sound right to me.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
01-08-2010, 08:13 AM
If Gods six days are like ours or measured different I don't know! The Bible says he done it in six days so that's enough for me!

Mark
01-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Im a six day guy.

rearnakedchoke
01-09-2010, 01:52 PM
ithink gods 6days were written just to show an illustration of creation.... sure god could have created the world in 6 days, but it was only written that way imo for teaching purposes ...