PDA

View Full Version : Moday Night wars (WWE vs TNA)

Chris F
01-04-2010, 07:29 PM
I know there are but a few Wrestling fans on here. But I am curious who will watch tonight and which show will the tune into.

Spiritwalker
01-04-2010, 07:52 PM
I was a pro wrestling fan in the late 70s early eights... it was fun then.. I have pics of me with some old school wrestlers...

I have watched a few of each lately.. and I wound't let my kids watch that crap....

Even the Diaz punks "behave" better than most pro wrestler do in thier spots...

Shoots like a girl
01-04-2010, 08:51 PM
I started watching WWE(WWF) with my grandfather when I was a very little girl. I grew up on it and even though hes been gone for years I still watch faithfully every Monday and Friday nights! I dont order the PPV's like I do the UFC fights but have a genuine love for the athletes. Its VERY entertaining! I even got a kick out of Shamrock in the professional wrestling business!

County Mike
01-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Hulk Hogan is with TNA now. I doubt I'll watch, but if I do, it will only be to find out what storyline they're going with for him. As a kid, I loved to watch wrestling. Now, it doesn't really interest me anymore.

J.B.
01-04-2010, 09:02 PM
I don't think I would go so far as to give this the title of Monday Night Wars just yet, although it definitely has the potential to go there. When the original Monday Night Wars took place between WWF and WCW, it was one of the best eras the business has ever seen.

That being said, I will probably tune in to RAW just because the idea of Bret Hart's return to WWE is much more interesting, and carries more mystique than seeing Hogan on TNA. The rumor is that Bret is going to face off against Vince at Wrestlemania this year, and that would rule because it's here in Phoenix and me and a couple buddies are going.

Chris F
01-04-2010, 11:33 PM
I don't think I would go so far as to give this the title of Monday Night Wars just yet, although it definitely has the potential to go there. When the original Monday Night Wars took place between WWF and WCW, it was one of the best eras the business has ever seen.

That being said, I will probably tune in to RAW just because the idea of Bret Hart's return to WWE is much more interesting, and carries more mystique than seeing Hogan on TNA. The rumor is that Bret is going to face off against Vince at Wrestlemania this year, and that would rule because it's here in Phoenix and me and a couple buddies are going.

Yeah I think I will watch TNA from 7-8 and then Raw the rest of the time because of Bret Hart.

Spiritwalker it has cleaned up a lot as of late. TNA is more edgy but WWE has gone PG.

logrus
01-05-2010, 12:20 AM
Brets the only reason why I am tuning in tonight, otherwise I havent watched the WWE in over a year. Same story lines with the same results.

Chris F
01-05-2010, 12:31 AM
Brets the only reason why I am tuning in tonight, otherwise I havent watched the WWE in over a year. Same story lines with the same results.

sad but true. Right now on TNA so far Jeff Hardy and Ric Flair are there and Scott Hall and X Pac were there already.

J.B.
01-05-2010, 12:36 AM
I will laugh if TNA is actually successful at competing with WWE, they've got enough big names to do it, but all who have tried thus far have ultimately failed.

J.B.
01-05-2010, 12:38 AM
LOL at Bobby Lashley's wife saying that nobody can compete with him in MMA :laugh:

logrus
01-05-2010, 12:47 AM
I hope Bret arrives with Hogan and sticks it to the WWE. Now that would be priceless.

Chris F
01-05-2010, 12:48 AM
LOL at Bobby Lashley's wife saying that nobody can compete with him in MMA :laugh:

Strikeforce is making him quits so this was the best storyline they could come up with. He needs to focus on MMA anyhow.

I doubt tna will compete. To many senior citizens now.

Chris F
01-05-2010, 12:49 AM
I hope Bret arrives with Hogan and sticks it to the WWE. Now that would be priceless.

:laugh: That would be. Bret screwing Vince. Not gonna happen he is already there and it is more of a favor for his Nephew and Niece. They will get a big push in return for Bret coming back.

Chris F
01-05-2010, 01:12 AM
Looks like Bret is getting his apology

J.B.
01-05-2010, 01:32 AM
That was pretty cool to watch. I definitely never thought I would see Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels shake hands, and certainly not in a WWE ring.

SteveT
01-07-2010, 02:17 AM

I tuned in just to watch Brett Hart return and host Raw. The segment with Shawn Michaels was pretty cool but I didn't like the end of the show.

sad but true. Right now on TNA so far Jeff Hardy and Ric Flair are there and Scott Hall and X Pac were there already.

Hardy and Flair are with TNA now? I thought Hardy was dealing with his 'legal' issues?

J.B.
01-07-2010, 03:00 AM
I tuned in just to watch Brett Hart return and host Raw. The segment with Shawn Michaels was pretty cool but I didn't like the end of the show.

Personally I loved the end. I thought it was cool to see Bret and Vince actually working together again. Both men had to swallow a lot of pride to do that, and I think it was good for the fans. I think it finally brought some closure to what happened in 1997 and sets up a nice storyline for Bret to have a final run in the WWE and finish his career on a high note, rather than a controversial one.

Neezar
01-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Personally I loved the end. I thought it was cool to see Bret and Vince actually working together again. Both men had to swallow a lot of pride to do that, and I think it was good for the fans. I think it finally brought some closure to what happened in 1997 and sets up a nice storyline for Bret to have a final run in the WWE and finish his career on a high note, rather than a controversial one.

And what happened in 1997?

Chris F
01-07-2010, 05:15 PM

google Montreal screwjob

Chris F
01-07-2010, 05:16 PM

Hardy and Flair are with TNA now? I thought Hardy was dealing with his 'legal' issues?

Yeah Flair is doing some stuff wiht them and Yes Jeff has a lot of legal issues but has signed because he likes the light schedule of TNA sot hat he can still do his art and music.

Chris F
01-07-2010, 05:18 PM

He sigend a short term deal so my guess is WM 26 and the end of this once and for all. Bret vs Vince in a street fight. SInce both men can barely walk anymore this is about all they can pull off.

J.B.
01-07-2010, 07:51 PM
He sigend a short term deal so my guess is WM 26 and the end of this once and for all. Bret vs Vince in a street fight. SInce both men can barely walk anymore this is about all they can pull off.

I know, I can't wait. I will be there live and in person!

J.B.
01-07-2010, 08:00 PM

Bret was going to leave the WWF to go on to the WCW, but at the time he was still the reigning WWF Champion. The last PPV match he had scheduled was Survivor Series in Montreal 1997 and because it was in Canada, Bret had a big issue with losing the belt to Shawn Michaels in his home country.

Bret offered to come out the following night on Monday Night Raw and vacate the title and announce his plans to leave, but Vince did not like that idea and instead rigged the match in Montreal to screw Bret out of the title, even though Bret had thought they agreed he was going to win. Shawn Michaels put Bret in his own move, the sharpshooter, and the ref immediately called for the bell, even though Bret never tapped out.

So, it was a real-life screwjob in a business full of fake ones. :laugh:

It was surreal when it happened though, because you could just tell that what you were watching was NOT part of the script. Bret spit right in Vinny Mac's face, and later punched him in the jaw backstage.