PDA

View Full Version : What have you watched recently?

NateR
01-04-2010, 03:31 AM
Just a generic thread for everyone to talk about what movies, TV programs, etc. that they have recently watched. This way we don't need a separate thread for every single show.

Tonight, me, Mark and Boomer went to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie. It was okay. I had trouble understanding half of what was being said by the main characters, but I'm not sure if that was a fault of the sound system or just the fact that British accents are normally pretty tough to understand.

Overall though the movie was pretty slow with not a whole lot exciting going on. I can't really recommend it.

philips4
01-04-2010, 03:34 AM
Just a generic thread for everyone to talk about what movies, TV programs, etc. that they have recently watched. This way we don't need a separate thread for every single show.

Tonight, me, Mark and Boomer went to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie. It was okay. I had trouble understanding half of what was being said by the main characters, but I'm not sure if that was a fault of the sound system or just the fact that British accents are normally pretty tough to understand.

Overall though the movie was pretty slow with not a whole lot exciting going on. I can't really recommend it.

I agree, I saw Sherlock Holmes and wasn't that impressed. I thought it was funny they used the term "ginger midget" to refer to the redhead though, is "ginger" a term used for redhead anywhere but on Southpark?

TENNESSEAN
01-04-2010, 03:54 AM
If making a choice between Sherlock Holmes and Avatar, see Avatar. It is one that you should see in the theater and in 3D.

Mark
01-04-2010, 03:55 AM
I agree, I saw Sherlock Holmes and wasn't that impressed. I thought it was funny they used the term "ginger midget" to refer to the redhead though, is "ginger" a term used for redhead anywhere but on Southpark?

Its nice that you watch the movies and then comment on them now.

philips4
01-04-2010, 04:19 AM
Its nice that you watch the movies and then comment on them now.

Huh? :unsure-1: Wasn't this thread to watch movies and comment on them? I'm confused and I'm not even blonde (with and "e" ha ha) I'm sure you are being ornery and a meanie to me but you crack me up anyway! :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
01-04-2010, 04:26 AM
I think they wanted your "review" before they went and seen it that way it could have been avoided.BUT, my money would be on that they'd have went and seen it anyway so don't worry :laugh:

billwilliams70
01-04-2010, 04:30 AM
I always watch "Man Vs Food", think that show's pretty cool. I'm lookin' forward to a few shows seasons premiers coming up soon.

Lost
LA Ink

Had no desire to see Sherlock Holmes, but I can't wait for "The Wolfman" with Sir Anthony Hopkins and Benecio Del Toro.....maybe philips4 can tell me how it is. :D

Later.

County Mike
01-04-2010, 01:02 PM
It's the off-season for most TV shows so Kelli and I watched the first season of Dexter. We started watching during the 2nd season so now it's cool to go back and see what we missed. Very cool show.

We really like Sons of Anarchy. Can't wait for that to resume. Looking forward to Big Love and 24 to start back up in January as well.

timmyja
01-04-2010, 01:30 PM
It's the off-season for most TV shows so Kelli and I watched the first season of Dexter. We started watching during the 2nd season so now it's cool to go back and see what we missed. Very cool show.

We really like Sons of Anarchy. Can't wait for that to resume. Looking forward to Big Love and 24 to start back up in January as well.

Dexter is a really cool show. I kind of had a feeling who the ice truck killer would be, but that show always ends up having a few good twists throughout the season

Llamafighter
01-04-2010, 01:53 PM
This weekend I saw Public Enemies and Transformers 2. both decent movies that I enjoyed for the most part. Transformers had a lot of excitement, and i liked the storyline. Public Enemies as actually pretty boring but well acted.

Most the TV shows I follow are on break, but I got really hooked on Sons of Anarchy.

billwilliams70
01-04-2010, 01:59 PM

Oh yeah.....the fourth season of Dexter should be coming to DVD soon. I'll be ordering that as well.......unless of course, philips4 says I shouldn't. :D

Later.

CAMPO
01-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Huh? :unsure-1: Wasn't this thread to watch movies and comment on them? I'm confused and I'm not even blonde (with and "e" ha ha) I'm sure you are being ornery and a meanie to me but you crack me up anyway! :laugh:

Ahhhh hahaha....Oh so funny you are :wink: :laugh:

CAMPO
01-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Well I recently watched Inglorious Basterds...ummmm what the heck?? It was "ok" - soooo strange!!! I know, I know...Quinten Terintino - but that was one heck of a bloody movie!! And I didn't like it when the girl died in the end b/c that jerk shot her!!!!!! :angry:

Llamafighter
01-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Well I recently watched Inglorious Basterds...ummmm what the heck?? It was "ok" - soooo strange!!! I know, I know...Quinten Terintino - but that was one heck of a bloody movie!! And I didn't like it when the girl died in the end b/c that jerk shot her!!!!!! :angry:

**SPOILER ALERT***:wink:

CAMPO
01-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Doh!!! Sorry....ooooppssss.......I didn't mean to post that - another BLONDE moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Llamafighter
01-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Doh!!! Sorry....ooooppssss.......I didn't mean to post that - another BLONDE moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

No one is more sympathetic to "Blonde Moments" than I am. It's all good.

eric84
01-04-2010, 04:47 PM

I was going to watch that movie this week!!! But I don't mind being told the end, I'm so impatient I read the back of the book first sometimes. I've heard it was an awesome movie from a lot of people, but sounds like you wouldn't recommend it... Anyone else have any thoughts on it?

Llamafighter
01-04-2010, 04:50 PM
I was going to watch that movie this week!!! But I don't mind being told the end, I'm so impatient I read the back of the book first sometimes. I've heard it was an awesome movie from a lot of people, but sounds like you wouldn't recommend it... Anyone else have any thoughts on it?

Nater and Mark both recommended it. that's good enough for me to at least watch it once.

CAMPO
01-04-2010, 05:25 PM

Well, I'm more for "less blood" and more girlie :laugh: - but it's not a bad movie...seems like more of a guy movie - I watched it with 2 of my girlfriends & we all said the same. :) Its on DVD - so rent it & it will entertain you :cool:

TENNESSEAN
01-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Inglorious Basterd was very good. it really wasnt that bloody.

billwilliams70
01-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Inglorious Basterd was very good. it really wasnt that bloody.
I thought it was good, and you're right about it not being that bloody.

Later.

Miss Foxy
01-04-2010, 06:55 PM
We recently went to see "Did you hear about the Morgans." It was better than I had anticipated.

billwilliams70
01-04-2010, 07:21 PM
We recently went to see "Did you hear about the Morgans." It was better than I had anticipated.
That looks pretty funny. I think that Hugh Grant is a pretty funny actor.

Later.

Miss Foxy
01-04-2010, 07:47 PM
That looks pretty funny. I think that Hugh Grant is a pretty funny actor.

Later.

True.. The storyline is cute..

Mark
01-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Watching the movie District 9 now....be back for the review.

Llamafighter
01-04-2010, 08:55 PM

I thought it was a pretty good movie.

Shoots like a girl
01-04-2010, 09:45 PM

I just saw it the other night. The last 20 minutes was pretty good, but everything before that was slow, boring and so much of it was reading subtitles that I was sorry I watched it. Sorry.......

Mark
01-04-2010, 09:58 PM

I give it a 5.5

billwilliams70
01-04-2010, 10:01 PM
I give it a 5.5
Thanks.

Later.

TENNESSEAN
01-04-2010, 10:11 PM
A Perfect Getaway was good.

philips4
01-04-2010, 10:25 PM
Thursday, January 7th on FOX the second season of "Fringe" starts!! Waa hoo this is my favorite tv show! Okay, its a little weird more along the lines of the X-files if I could compare it to anything, with maybe a little more blood and violence (with no aliens but perhaps a parallel universe)! Basically an FBI gal getting help w/ a crazy scientist who use to experiment on humans and his son investigate weird crimes/deaths, etc involving neuroscience, pryrokinesis, etc. and in a typical manner they are trying to stop the bad guys from all the weird things and blowing up the world (well, from the alternate universe people who wrecked their world from taking ours I think, but you get the idea)

Okay, that does sound strange when written down, certainly not a chick flick but that is why I like it!!! My next fav. new show coming back Jan. 13th on TNT is "Leverage" This stars Timothy Hutton and a group of misfits (ex. bad guys, thieves, etc.) that use their "skills" to get revenge on the big guy who has taken advantage of the small guy. Like a modern day Robin Hood.

Soo, Yes billwilliams70...... you have to watch it :wink: and Mark is that good enough of a review for you:Whistle:

Mac
01-04-2010, 11:12 PM
I always watch "Man Vs Food", think that show's pretty cool.
Later.

Me to bill ,He did one up in springfield here a month or so ago.

Mac
01-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Just watched the disney movie " UP" with the boys, thought it was one of the better ones ive seen.

as for regular tv i WONT miss the office. absolutley love that show.

Been wanting to see that district 9 so ill have to check it out .

Llamafighter
01-04-2010, 11:16 PM
I give it a 5.5

out of how many?

Mark
01-04-2010, 11:25 PM
A Perfect Getaway was good.

Yes it was.

Llamafighter
01-05-2010, 03:51 AM
Just watched the disney movie " UP" with the boys, thought it was one of the better ones ive seen.

as for regular tv i WONT miss the office. absolutley love that show.

Been wanting to see that district 9 so ill have to check it out .

yeah The Office is a can't miss. I like 30 Rock most of the time and of course Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Primadawn
01-05-2010, 04:01 AM
I watched Inglorious Basterds on NYE--typical Tarantino...it was ok but not great.

Watched "Defiance" yesterday--was really good! 2 philips4 thumbs up! :laugh:

Mark
01-05-2010, 04:13 AM
I watched Inglorious Basterds on NYE--typical Tarantino...it was ok but not great.

I give it 2 thumbs up.

VCURamFan
01-05-2010, 04:53 AM

Overall though the movie was pretty slow with not a whole lot exciting going on. I can't really recommend it.Aw man, I don't think that I could disagree with you more about this movie! I've been a big fan of Guy Ritchie's directing for awhile now & I think that his style was perfect for bringing Holmes to life. The way he jumped back to display the clues Sherlock found was awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing & can't wait for when the eventual sequel comes out!

It's the off-season for most TV shows so Kelli and I watched the first season of Dexter. We started watching during the 2nd season so now it's cool to go back and see what we missed. Very cool show.Dude, I love me some Dexter! Fantastic show, Deb's the best character ever & she only gets better as the seasons go on! :laugh:

Watching the movie District 9 now....be back for the review.O man, another fantastic movie! Made for pennies on the dollar & it came out fantastic. The way that the cinematography mirrors the protagonist's metamorphosis was awesome.

yeah The Office is a can't miss. I like 30 Rock most of the time and of course Always Sunny in Philadelphia. This. + jaun.

Black Mamba
01-05-2010, 04:56 AM
Now that I'm on break, I get to my fry my brain. :happydancing:

TV
Man Vs. Food, Taboo, Bridezilla re-runs, Plantium Weddings/Babies, Everest thingy on discovery, Big Love (new episodes next week), Steven Seagal: Lawman, Family Guy, South Park, Spongebob, Deadliest Catch re-runs, Iron Chef America, I Want To Work For Diddy 2, and dabbing alittle in True Blood.

Movies

Paranormal Activity, District 9, You Don't Mess With the Zohan, and Public Enemies

Llamafighter
01-05-2010, 01:06 PM

I liked Defiance too. I give it 3and a half out of 4 and a half.

County Mike
01-05-2010, 01:21 PM
What is "Defiance" about?

Llamafighter
01-05-2010, 01:24 PM
What is "Defiance" about?

Jews that hide out in a forest from the Nazis and Nazi sympathizers. two brothers start a mini militia and begin fighting back to protect this woodland community in the dead of winter. Lots of infighting and paranoia. it's pretty exciting.

County Mike
01-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Sounds like "Red Dawn". Cool.

Llamafighter
01-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Sounds like "Red Dawn". Cool.

yeah i guess it sort of is but with a lot more innocent women and children and elderly people instead of brat packers.

Mac
01-05-2010, 10:06 PM
yeah i guess it sort of is but with a lot more innocent women and children s.

How do you shoot women and children ?

TexasRN
01-05-2010, 10:41 PM

You don't have to lead them as much as a men since they're slower. :laugh:

~Amy

VCURamFan
01-05-2010, 10:49 PM
You don't have to lead them as much as a men since they're slower. :laugh:

~Amy
Curse you, Amy, you beat me to it!! :laugh:

TexasRN
01-05-2010, 11:14 PM
Curse you, Amy, you beat me to it!! :laugh:

:laugh: It was the first thing that came to mind.

~Amy

VCURamFan
01-06-2010, 01:28 AM
:laugh: It was the first thing that came to mind.

~Amy
It was a great movie!! :laugh:

Llamafighter
01-06-2010, 02:29 AM

You don't. you use the butt of your rifle to save bullets?

MattHughesRocks
01-06-2010, 05:47 AM
If I'm flipping the channels and come across 1ooo Ways To Die I usually watch.

Llamafighter
01-06-2010, 12:49 PM

can you name all 1,000?:w00t:

MattHughesRocks
01-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Yes, but I don't feel like it right now :rolleyes:

can you name all 1,000?:w00t:

MattHughesRocks
01-06-2010, 06:37 PM
I saw a good one the other day..this guy was riding a bike and pulling his friend who was sitting on a skateboard with a rope tied around his waist and...yep...you guessed it...the excess rope that was hanging down got caught under a parked car tire while they were turning the corner and...WA LA! The rope cut him in half:w00t:
Can you imagine being the friend on the bike turning around to see what that was :scared0011:

hughesfan4life
01-06-2010, 07:21 PM
i just watched law abiding citizen starring gerrard butler.really enjoyed it!

TexasRN
01-06-2010, 07:44 PM
i just watched law abiding citizen starring gerrard butler.really enjoyed it!

I saw that one. It was good. Of course I like most stuff he's in but that one was really good.

~Amy

Tyburn
01-06-2010, 08:34 PM
:ninja: One of my top three favourite movies was on not so long ago....and with the weather outside...its quite apt.

I present you with the BEST scene of this particular movie below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6oKlbznFno

Give Me What I Want, and I'll Go Away...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FPeFyMfHb0

It doesnt have a very happy ending... :ninja:

Tyburn
01-06-2010, 08:50 PM

:laugh: I WATCH THAT :laugh: its so funny!!! We are so alike :ashamed:

Tyburn
01-06-2010, 08:53 PM

I watched that a few months ago. I actually enjoyed it, and I didnt think I would :blink:

Tyburn
01-06-2010, 08:55 PM

I enjoyed that also. But I saw it like...when it first came out :)

Neezar
01-07-2010, 12:00 PM
You don't. you use the butt of your rifle to save bullets?

:scared0015:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Llamafighter
01-07-2010, 01:02 PM
:scared0015:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks for noticing:)

I got that from Young Guns :laugh:

notice that Mac hasn't returned with the correct answer:ninja:

County Mike
01-07-2010, 02:38 PM

In Young Guns, they used their boot heels. At least, according to Chavez when he told the story of his tribe's murder.

My favorite movie of all time.

Mac
01-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Thanks for noticing:)

notice that Mac hasn't returned with the correct answer:ninja:

LOL , sorry , i forgot i posted that till now , whether she knew it or not , Amy posted the answer

" How do you shoot women and children ?"

" you just dont lead them so much"

its a conversation between Pvt Joker and a Gunner in a chopper int he movie Full Metal Jacket.

Mac
01-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Young Guns and Young Guns 2 are both classics .

I like where Billy and the boys stop out at Mr Chisolms and the hired hands think they are gonna take down billy , Billy throws his guns out in front of him about 10 feet and says

" at the count of 3 , you go for your guns , but i garuntee , you will not make it ."

Billy = Ready?

Hired hand= yeah .... i ready

Billy = ;spits on his hands; " 1...........2..........george"

Lol , love that part

Llamafighter
01-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Young Guns and Young Guns 2 are both classics .

I like where Billy and the boys stop out at Mr Chisolms and the hired hands think they are gonna take down billy , Billy throws his guns out in front of him about 10 feet and says

" at the count of 3 , you go for your guns , but i garuntee , you will not make it ."

Billy = Ready?

Hired hand= yeah .... i ready

Billy = ;spits on his hands; " 1...........2..........george"

Lol , love that part

both great movies for sure!

TexasRN
01-07-2010, 05:29 PM
LOL , sorry , i forgot i posted that till now , whether she knew it or not , Amy posted the answer

" How do you shoot women and children ?"

" you just dont lead them so much"

its a conversation between Pvt Joker and a Gunner in a chopper int he movie Full Metal Jacket.

Full Metal Jacket is an awesome movie. I need to watch it again soon, it's been a few years since I saw it last. :laugh:

~Amy

Mac
01-07-2010, 09:14 PM
So lastnight sat down with the boys and watched Cloudy with a chance of meatballs . I was in and out on it , from what i saw it was a cute kids flick.

Then i watched district 9 .

ehhhh , dont know if i would watch it again . When it first started i was thinking along the lines of starship troopers , i really liked that movie so i thought this would be another likeable movie.

The ending sucked imo , and pretty much ruined the rest of the movie for me.

NateR
01-07-2010, 10:10 PM
I just watched Paranormal Activity. I think the girl at the video store told Mark that it was the scariest movie ever made, but he didn't seem too impressed with it when he brought it by the house this morning.

It was not that scary. Just think of The Blair Witch Project in a haunted house instead of a haunted forest and with worse acting.

You could tell they were trying really hard to work this $5000 camera into the story in a somewhat believable manner, but they just spent waaaaay too much time talking about it. In fact, I think that 90% of the spoken lines from the first half-hour of the movie had the word "camera" in there somewhere.:blink:

Now there were a couple of creepy moments that might have been a bit scary if I was watching this in a dark theater, but they somehow just don't seem to transfer too well onto DVD.

NateR
01-07-2010, 10:12 PM
So lastnight sat down with the boys and watched Cloudy with a chance of meatballs . I was in and out on it , from what i saw it was a cute kids flick.

Then i watched district 9 .

ehhhh , dont know if i would watch it again . When it first started i was thinking along the lines of starship troopers , i really liked that movie so i thought this would be another likeable movie.

The ending sucked imo , and pretty much ruined the rest of the movie for me.

I liked the ending, but only because of the possibilities of a sequel. I guess if they were to come out with a sequel that really sucks, then I wouldn't be so forgiving.

Llamafighter
01-07-2010, 11:03 PM
I liked the ending, but only because of the possibilities of a sequel. I guess if they were to come out with a sequel that really sucks, then I wouldn't be so forgiving.

Peter Jackson does pretty good with sequels, but I guess he didn't write LOTR:)

Mac
01-07-2010, 11:15 PM

I agree on a sequell , that would work out well , but i think they left alot of room to fill up and still have a good story line for a sequel, ;;;; if you get what im saying , trying to describe it without giving it away to anyone thats not seen it yet.

Im trying to say there was alot more of the original storyline that could have been continued a bit further and still not giving away the sequel storyline or polt. Maybe fade to black and come back with " 3 years later" you know and show a few minutes of something and then just cut to black to keep you waiting for a sequel . The way they did it , i have no clue , is there gonna be one ? or is it flowers made out of popcans from here on out ? i dont know.

Neezar
01-08-2010, 04:55 AM
It was not that scary. Just think of The Blair Witch Project in a haunted house instead of a haunted forest and with worse acting.

:laugh:

That paints a perfect picture.

Llamafighter
01-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Peter Jackson does pretty good with sequels, but I guess he didn't write LOTR:)

hmmm jsut realized nater was talking about paranormal Activity:laugh:
I must have skipped a page:)

Tyburn
01-08-2010, 06:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvAbGbFYAuk

Probably the best scene of Gladiator...I dont know, I cant decide :laugh: I was going to watch this tonight on my demand TV...but I cant find it ON the listings...I guess coz its now quite old :sad:

Mac
01-11-2010, 12:53 AM
watched Inglorious Bastards last night .

Absolutley Loved it . Ill be buying that one .

" Hey Donny , got a man here that wants to die for country............. Oblige him"

Llamafighter
01-11-2010, 01:39 PM

" Hey Donny , got a man here that wants to die for country............. Oblige him"

Man, I got to see this movie.

CAMPO
01-11-2010, 01:44 PM

I think that was one of my favorite lines too!! :laugh: :laugh:

Mark
01-11-2010, 02:51 PM

The best movie I seen last year.

MattHughesRocks
01-11-2010, 03:33 PM
I liked that movie a lot too. Plus...Brad Pitt...I'm buying :)

Primadawn
01-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Nate, my 15 year old daughter saw Paranormal Activity in the theater and came out crying! She said it was the scariest thing she'd ever seen and wouldn't sleep downstairs that night!

But everyone else I know that has seen it says the same as you.

Weird, because she really isn't scared by much. I'm going to have to see this one myself I guess.

Llamafighter
01-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Nate, my 15 year old daughter saw Paranormal Activity in the theater and came out crying! She said it was the scariest thing she'd ever seen and wouldn't sleep downstairs that night!

But everyone else I know that has seen it says the same as you.

Weird, because she really isn't scared by much. I'm going to have to see this one myself I guess.

Sometimes specific things can scare different people. I actually thought The Grdge was one of the scariest movies I'd seen in a while. I think looking back that it had to do with being in the theatre full of people and my reactions were soley influenced by everyone screaming.

flo
01-11-2010, 07:09 PM
We get netflix so we always have several movies around. This weekend we watched District 9 and I am Legend. They were both very good!

:happy0159::happy0159::happy0159::happy0159:

Llamafighter
01-16-2010, 04:01 PM
Watched 3 movies last night.
1. Inglorious Basterds______9 out of 10
2. Harry Potter and the Half BLood Prince_______6 out of 10
3. The Hurt Locker_______9 out of 10

Primadawn
01-17-2010, 04:43 AM
Watched 3 movies last night.
1. Inglorious Basterds______9 out of 10
2. Harry Potter and the Half BLood Prince_______6 out of 10
3. The Hurt Locker_______9 out of 10

Ahhh! good to know! The Hurt Locker is on my "to watch" list. I'm looking forward to it!

County Mike
01-17-2010, 08:54 PM
District 9 was a totally different style of movie than I expected. I liked it.

Black Mamba
01-25-2010, 01:39 AM
I saw only parts of District 9, I'm going to have to re-watch again.

Inglourious Basterds was good, but at times I felt it was little slow.

Paranormal Activity was 10x better than the stupid Blair Witch Project. I rate it a 7 out 10. As for the scare factor rating, there were certain scenes that freaked the poo out of me and I don't scare easily. The powdered scene is what did me in (the ones who've seen it know what I'm talking about).

Anyone advise getting Saw 6 on Tuesday? I haven't seen it.

County Mike
01-25-2010, 11:48 AM
Paranormal Activity was 10x better than the stupid Blair Witch Project. I rate it a 7 out 10. As for the scare factor rating, there were certain scenes that freaked the poo out of me and I don't scare easily. The powdered scene is what did me in (the ones who've seen it know what I'm talking about).

The powder scene was cool but the "dragged" scene and the hours-long staring were more freaky to me.

I like Blair Witch though. Especially if you got the DVD and watched the documentary that went with it first. If you didn't know ahead of time that it was bogus, it was done in a pretty convincing fashion.

CAMPO
01-25-2010, 02:08 PM
In the past 2 weeks I've watched:
Management (older movie with Jennifer Aniston) - it was good...totally different than I'd expected & a little odd - but she's just beautiful & awesome....so I pretty much like any movie she is in! :rolleyes:

And...No Country for Old Men...sooo strange!! But I couldn't stop watching...:blink:

Also recently watched The Hangover for the 2nd or 3rd time....it's so dang funny! :laugh:

NateR
01-25-2010, 04:35 PM
Watched Pandorum yesterday, it was pretty good. Kind of a sci-fi/horror move in the same vein as Pitch Black or Alien. There were some interesting twists in there, enough to make it enjoyable if you like bloody and violent movies.

Tyburn
01-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Watched Pandorum yesterday, it was pretty good. Kind of a sci-fi/horror move in the same vein as Pitch Black or Alien. There were some interesting twists in there, enough to make it enjoyable if you like bloody and violent movies.

Is that the movie with Cung Le in it :ninja: I think it is...he promised me he would have a better part then the one he had in fighting which made him look almost as bad as his last fight in real life :laugh:

Maldonado136
01-27-2010, 08:22 PM
watched goodfellas on tv. its pretty funny when edited. in one of joe pesci lines the word mothereffer was replaced with motherlucka. i mean what the heck is a lucka?? thats a u with an oo sound not an uh sound.

que
01-28-2010, 02:14 AM
jennifer's body (the new megan fox movie) i was suprised how good this movie actually is. i thought it was going to be horrible and cheesy but this movie is actually very well done. if you like teen horror comedy movies this is probably the best one ever made no joke 10/10

p.s. there is one ridiculously long and awesome dolly shot that is worth watching the whole movie for

Maldonado136
01-28-2010, 05:13 AM
jennifer's body (the new megan fox movie) i was suprised how good this movie actually is. i thought it was going to be horrible and cheesy but this movie is actually very well done. if you like teen horror comedy movies this is probably the best one ever made no joke 10/10

p.s. there is one ridiculously long and awesome dolly shot that is worth watching the whole movie for

lmao seriously? i never wouldve thought that movie would be anything other than crap. I cant stand megan fox. I really hope those rumors of her being catwoman in the next batman arent true because that would really suck. i think catherine zeta jones should take that role :) .

VCURamFan
01-28-2010, 06:08 AM
lmao seriously? i never wouldve thought that movie would be anything other than crap. I cant stand megan fox. I really hope those rumors of her being catwoman in the next batman arent true because that would really suck. i think catherine zeta jones should take that role :) .
THIS!!!

O man, a revisitation of the scene from Entrapment . . .:w00t: :happydancing:

Neezar
01-29-2010, 12:37 AM
Just saw Taken. I enjoyed it.

Tyburn
08-05-2010, 12:02 AM
I just watched Inception :) I enjoyed it.

But I had hoped it would be philosophically stimulating also...and it wasnt :unsure-1:

Neezar
08-05-2010, 01:50 AM
Seven Pounds. :scared0015:

Primadawn
08-06-2010, 04:37 PM
I finally watched Shutter Island. Wish I'd seen it a long time ago. Great movie--and I'm not at ALL a Leonardo DiCaprio fan

rearnakedchoke
08-06-2010, 07:13 PM
I just watched Inception :) I enjoyed it.

But I had hoped it would be philosophically stimulating also...and it wasnt :unsure-1:

you mean there wasn't enough for you to think about already? i thought it was a great movie with a great concept and lots of good twists ..... also saw toy story 3 ... didn't see the first two, but i don't think i was too lost .... oh, and rented book of eli on the weekend ... good movie too ... the coloured fella in the lead role is kinda good .. has he done anything else ??

Tyburn
08-06-2010, 08:02 PM
you mean there wasn't enough for you to think about already? i thought it was a great movie with a great concept and lots of good twists ..... also saw toy story 3 ... didn't see the first two, but i don't think i was too lost .... oh, and rented book of eli on the weekend ... good movie too ... the coloured fella in the lead role is kinda good .. has he done anything else ??

I thought it was going to be more about espinoarge and the subconscious, and less about a love story based on dreams. I mean it was good as a film, but the way it was marketted I was expecting it to carry some philosophy with it which would be intreguing. I was hoping that Inception would do for the Sub Con, what the Matrix did for Descartesian Radical Doubt.

But it didnt. :unsure-1: