PDA

View Full Version : iTunes help?

MattHughesRocks
01-03-2010, 03:57 AM
I have just 7 purchases from iTunes.My computer crashed and the hard drive had to be replaced wiping out everything.I got it fixed, reinstalled iTunes, but only 3 of the 7 purchases are there.I look in my account and it shows be the 7 I had bought but....how do I get those back into my iTunes? Is that not possible?

Help please?

MattHughesRocks
01-03-2010, 04:29 AM
Hey wheres all my help at tonight? :unsure-1:

Bonnie
01-03-2010, 04:40 AM
I've never done iTunes...is there any way to download them again or is it just a one-time deal or limited time to download? :unsure-1:

Can you contact anyone (customer service) regarding iTunes about this and see what they can do for you?

MattHughesRocks
01-03-2010, 04:53 AM
I thought this place was customer service :unsure-1:

I'll do it if no one knows here :laugh:

I've never done iTunes...is there any way to download them again or is it just a one-time deal or limited time to download? :unsure-1:

Can you contact anyone (customer service) regarding iTunes about this and see what they can do for you?

Chuck
01-03-2010, 04:57 AM

There is a way to do it. It's easy and I just can't remember how. I can tell you later tonight or maybe in tomorrow. I'm about to head to bed. :huh:

I've done it before though so don't sweat it. I'll help ya!

Bonnie
01-03-2010, 04:58 AM

The customer service here sucks. :laugh:

Now that I've said that, watch, you'll probably get 100 responses to help you. :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
01-03-2010, 05:00 AM
Yeah as long as I don't say that :laugh:

The customer service here sucks. :laugh:

Now that I've said that, watch, you'll probably get 100 responses to help you. :laugh:

Bonnie
01-03-2010, 05:07 AM
See, you already got 1 response, from Chuck. Of course, he's going to bed now. :wink:

:laugh:

Primadawn
01-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Figure it out CHuck! And don't PM her, post it here. I installed iTunes 8 and my library disappeared--it's all still there in the "purchased" tab, but how do i get it back in my library?
Come on! We're counting on you!

billwilliams70
01-03-2010, 06:33 PM
I know it wouldn't really help your cause now, but you should seriously think about backing up your files to an external as well.....just do a monthly merge of the new songs onto the external as well.

Now, I don't have iTunes, so I can't speak from iTunes experience, but this I can say....I have a Zune, and I don't use the Zune Marketplace at all. I download ALL of my music from Amazon's Digital Downloads. I DL my music to the computer, place 'em all in a "Bill's Zune File" folder and tell the Zune software where to look for the files. That way I don't have any "recent purchased" stuff out there. Should anything crash, I have my stuff backed up on an external.

With all that said, I will be switching to an iPod soon. I fought it long enough, and it's an iPod world. My wife's 09 Honda Pilot is compatible with the iPod and the iPod controls can be accessed through the steering wheel controls.....so it's kinda forcing my hand. I will be doing the very same thing with iTunes that I have done with my Zune though.

Maybe it'll help in the future.

Later.

bradwright
01-04-2010, 03:26 AM
I have just 7 purchases from iTunes.My computer crashed and the hard drive had to be replaced wiping out everything.I got it fixed, reinstalled iTunes, but only 3 of the 7 purchases are there.I look in my account and it shows be the 7 I had bought but....how do I get those back into my iTunes? Is that not possible?

Help please?

i think you just might have to re-purchase the songs you are missing but because you bought them once they give you a discounted price the second time around...:laugh:
try backing up your stuff from now on and you will avoid this problem in the future.

MattHughesRocks
01-04-2010, 03:45 AM
Yes Sir :sad:

:laugh:

I have everything burned into CD's ( I'm not an idiot:unsure-1:) I just didnt want to go thru the hassle of finding them and doing it but I am...right this very moment :frantics:

i think you just might have to re-purchase the songs you are missing but because you bought them once they give you a discounted price the second time around...:laugh:
try backing up your stuff from now on and you will avoid this problem in the future.

MattHughesRocks
01-04-2010, 04:05 AM
That's just too many new things to learn and I don't have much to work with...oh wait :unsure-1:

I know it wouldn't really help your cause now, but you should seriously think about backing up your files to an external as well.....just do a monthly merge of the new songs onto the external as well.

Now, I don't have iTunes, so I can't speak from iTunes experience, but this I can say....I have a Zune, and I don't use the Zune Marketplace at all. I download ALL of my music from Amazon's Digital Downloads. I DL my music to the computer, place 'em all in a "Bill's Zune File" folder and tell the Zune software where to look for the files. That way I don't have any "recent purchased" stuff out there. Should anything crash, I have my stuff backed up on an external.

With all that said, I will be switching to an iPod soon. I fought it long enough, and it's an iPod world. My wife's 09 Honda Pilot is compatible with the iPod and the iPod controls can be accessed through the steering wheel controls.....so it's kinda forcing my hand. I will be doing the very same thing with iTunes that I have done with my Zune though.

Maybe it'll help in the future.

Later.

Chuck
01-04-2010, 04:48 AM

NO!!!

You don't need to do that!!

I'll tell you how to do it tomorrow, I promise!! :)

MattHughesRocks
01-04-2010, 04:53 AM
And if we had a nickel for every time someone said that to us.....:sad:

NO!!!

You don't need to do that!!

I'll tell you how to do it tomorrow, I promise!! :)

atomdanger
01-04-2010, 06:08 AM

Help please?

You actually buy stuff for your ipod.... O_o

MattHughesRocks
01-04-2010, 06:32 AM
Only on occasion.

Chuck
01-04-2010, 08:00 PM

And if we had a nickel for every time someone said that to us.....:sad:

Apple may have changed it's terms of service so Brad may actually be right. I've lost music before due to a crashed hard drive and I went into: my account then into purchase history and was able to download them again.

I don't know if Apple changed it's policies or if the last time I did it they "authorized" it as I do remember talking to them before I did it.

I emailed them (Apple) and I'll let you know as soon as I get an answer.

Of course by NOW you could have emailed them yourself and figured it out! :tongue0011: