PDA

View Full Version : Thief in Houston airport

TexasRN
01-03-2010, 01:59 AM
This forum reaches a lot of people so let me just say if the thief who stole my son's bag with his Christmas presents in them at the Houston (IAH) airport this evening reads this, he/she should be horribly ashamed of themselves. What kind of evil do you have to be to steal Christmas presents from a child? And yes, whoever did it knew it was a child's bag. It had his new iPod, PSP, and new Wii game in it. Turn it in or rot in hell you SOB.

*sorry for the language for those of you who are innocent

~Amy

Silverback
01-03-2010, 03:05 AM
This forum reaches a lot of people so let me just say if the thief who stole my son's bag with his Christmas presents in them at the Houston (IAH) airport this evening reads this, he/she should be horribly ashamed of themselves. What kind of evil do you have to be to steal Christmas presents from a child? And yes, whoever did it knew it was a child's bag. It had his new iPod, PSP, and new Wii game in it. Turn it in or rot in hell you SOB.

*sorry for the language for those of you who are innocent

~Amy

I believe the rot in hell part is really to good for them, some people now a days just think it is so much easier to just take what don't belong to them. I have had my truck broke into twice and yes it will pi-- you off to no end, thought about running 440 to it and letting them break into it again and hope I find a well baked thief on it the next day. Sorry that happened to your son's stuff Amy.:punch::punch::punch:

Oddtodd76
01-03-2010, 03:59 AM
So, it was actually stolen? it didn't get lost or redirected?

Oh, that would pi** me off!

Bonnie
01-03-2010, 04:07 AM
Amy, you think it was one of the baggage people because that has happened before at airports--just like with postal workers (no offense to honest postal workers and baggage handlers).

Hope someone turns it in with everything still in there. I know it's a longshot, but you never know.... :wink:

Llamafighter
01-03-2010, 04:27 AM
This really pisses me off. I hope they catch the dirty bastard.

TexasRN
01-03-2010, 12:03 PM
It was stolen somwhere on the shuttle ride but he didn't notice when it happened, just noticed that it was all of a sudden gone after he had sat down with it. Of course others had gotten off and on by the time he realized it. So it was purposefully stolen from beside him.

~Amy

MattHughesRocks
01-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Amy, one time my son grabbed the wrong bag at the airport.Didn't notice until we got home and he had a suitcase full of granny panties.We drove back to LAX and his was sitting there unclaimed.Maybe someone took it by mistake and may return it to the airport.Worth checking with them.

It was stolen somwhere on the shuttle ride but he didn't notice when it happened, just noticed that it was all of a sudden gone after he had sat down with it. Of course others had gotten off and on by the time he realized it. So it was purposefully stolen from beside him.

~Amy

TexasRN
01-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Amy, one time my son grabbed the wrong bag at the airport.Didn't notice until we got home and he had a suitcase full of granny panties.We drove back to LAX and his was sitting there unclaimed.Maybe someone took it by mistake and may return it to the airport.Worth checking with them.

This was a child's skater-boy looking backpack on the shuttle. I am still hoping it does turn up but I seriously doubt it will. There are a lot of evil jerks out there.

~Amy

Buzzard
01-04-2010, 01:56 AM
I hope he gets it back. If not, a valuable lesson was learned. Never let go of your possessions while in a crowded area. Thieves are everywhere and are quite clever in distraction techniques.

Play The Man
01-04-2010, 02:29 AM
TexasRN, I know it might be a pain, but I would file a police report. I doubt they would investigate much, but if there were enough reports of thefts, it might indicate a ring of thieves. If they have a lot of reports they might investigate and catch these criminals. If they found a cache of stolen goods and you had a report, perhaps you could get them back. I know it is a long shot.

I don't know much about insurance policies, but would your homeowner's policy cover the loss if you had a police report?

TexasRN
01-04-2010, 12:14 PM
TexasRN, I know it might be a pain, but I would file a police report. I doubt they would investigate much, but if there were enough reports of thefts, it might indicate a ring of thieves. If they have a lot of reports they might investigate and catch these criminals. If they found a cache of stolen goods and you had a report, perhaps you could get them back. I know it is a long shot.

I don't know much about insurance policies, but would your homeowner's policy cover the loss if you had a police report?

The ex did file with airport security and PD there. Plus we have friends watching ebay and craigslist to see if the stuff is sold together just on the off chance that the thief is a dumba$$. Evidently there has been a huge string of robberies around the Houston area over the last few weeks. At least it was done covertly and not by gunpoint out at the car. That's what I keep telling myself. He's mildly traumatized over losing his things but was not at all physically threatened.

~Amy

Play The Man
01-05-2010, 09:07 PM
It won't help with what already happened, but for future protection, you could get an invisible uv light pen and mark your valuables with your driver's license number. It would be a way to prove that the valuable are yours.

http://www.conceptek.com/

TexasRN
01-05-2010, 09:10 PM
It won't help with what already happened, but for future protection, you could get an invisible uv light pen and mark your valuables with your driver's license number. It would be a way to prove that the valuable are yours.

http://www.conceptek.com/

Oh, that's cool! Thanks.

~Amy

VCURamFan
01-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Man, Amy, I'm sorry to hear what happened. That little prick deserves to get ... well, polite company & all that, nevermind. I know it's gotta be even more frustrating not having an direct target to release your anger & frustration on.