PDA

View Full Version : social networking sites

TexasRN
12-30-2009, 11:05 PM
Ok, I am curious about something. Do ya'll "friend" people on your friends' FB, myspace, etc accounts even if you don't know them just because they might be interesting? I get a lot of friend requests from people who have no freakin' clue who I am other than they have seen my posts on someone else's page. Some "friend" me and never do anything else but others "friend" me and then want to get to know me and chat me up. It's bizarre. Do you accept friend requests if you don't know the person requesting?

~Amy

Chuck
12-30-2009, 11:23 PM
As a general rule.... Nope.

I have 188 friends on my FB account and I personally know all but 6 of them. Three asked me to "friend" them because of Mafia Wars, 1 is a guy who posted here a few times and lives in Washington state and two are from a group of folks who were helping some stranded truck drivers get home.

So I know 182/188 of the people I have on my Facebook.

Primadawn
12-30-2009, 11:27 PM
A lot of those that friended Amy were my friends! lol :laugh:

Miss Foxy
12-30-2009, 11:27 PM
I don't accept new friends. I do have some friends I have never met and have been Myspace friends for quite some time now, but I have not accepted new friends in a while.

Primadawn
12-30-2009, 11:31 PM
Same for me--I only accept them if I KNOW them as a friend of a friend and I've had "conversations" with them on other friends' pages.

I did accept one chick who friended me because she liked my shoes...:laugh:

Silverback
12-30-2009, 11:39 PM
Same for me--I only accept them if I KNOW them as a friend of a friend and I've had "conversations" with them on other friends' pages.

I did accept one chick who friended me because she liked my shoes...:laugh:

I can see why, I like them too.:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011:

Primadawn
12-30-2009, 11:41 PM
I can see why, I like them too.:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011:

Well...let's be honest...what's not to like? :wink::ninja::wink:

Silverback
12-30-2009, 11:50 PM
Well...let's be honest...what's not to like? :wink::ninja::wink:

You are so right:shocked::fiery::whip::whip::whip:

Play The Man
12-30-2009, 11:56 PM
I don't have a social networking page so I don't have any friends.:sad:

Mac
12-31-2009, 12:36 AM
Ive gotten a couple people send friend requests on facebook that i dont know . cant really remember if i added them or not .

bradwright
12-31-2009, 01:01 AM
Ok, I am curious about something. Do ya'll "friend" people on your friends' FB, myspace, etc accounts even if you don't know them just because they might be interesting? I get a lot of friend requests from people who have no freakin' clue who I am other than they have seen my posts on someone else's page. Some "friend" me and never do anything else but others "friend" me and then want to get to know me and chat me up. It's bizarre. Do you accept friend requests if you don't know the person requesting?

~Amy

I have one question...do you have a picture of yourself up and are they mostly guys trying to befriend you Amy ?...i guess thats 2 questions...sorry.

J.B.
12-31-2009, 01:17 AM
On Myspace, yes, because I use my personal page to promote my band

On Facebook , no.

Neezar
12-31-2009, 02:12 AM
Ive gotten a couple people send friend requests on facebook that i dont know . cant really remember if i added them or not .

No, you didn't add them. :sad: They were me....all of them. :unsure-1:

:laugh:

VCURamFan
12-31-2009, 02:26 AM
No, but I've got a ton of people that met me at parties & then decided that they must now become friends with me. I just recently purged my MySpace account, I think I'm gonna need to do the same to FaceBook.

Silverback
12-31-2009, 02:28 AM

Poor Neezer, can't get on Mac's facebook, can't get to the new years eve party, 2009 is going down as a bad year, hope 2010 is a home run for you.:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011:

flo
12-31-2009, 02:44 AM
I just opened a FB account! So I'm a noob as far as that goes.

I did it to basically keep in touch with friends I made from a blog I posted on for over 5 years.

Neezar
12-31-2009, 02:56 AM
Poor Neezer, can't get on Mac's facebook, can't get to the new years eve party, 2009 is going down as a bad year, hope 2010 is a home run for you.:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011:

And that is only the tip of the iceberg! But 2010 is going to be my year! :biggrin-1:

flo
12-31-2009, 03:08 AM
That's the spirit!

Cheers and have the best year ever, Denise! :happydancing:

philips4
12-31-2009, 04:28 AM
I don't accept on FB unless I have at least met them somewhere, or "know" them from a site like this one! I bet all the guys are just friending you because of your picture!:wink: I am terrible at names though so someone could make it up I guess....but if anyone gets creepy on you and hunts you down you can just use your jj skills and put them to sleep!:punch:

TexasRN
12-31-2009, 11:00 AM
There have been a couple of guys that were obviously up to no good and just wanting to hook up but there have also been guys who sent a friend request and then never sent any messages or posted on my wall or anything. Now I have gotten into the habit of asking the mutual friend in common why their friend is wanting to be my friend and that usually gets me the answer I need. I'll friend most anyone but will cut them from my friends list as soon as they get out of hand or if they are boring. About once a month I will purge my list of folks who aren't contributing to my online entertainment. :laugh:

And Dawn, your friends are funny so they have gotten to stay. Well I cut that one guy but he wasn't interesting, just weird.

~Amy

County Mike
12-31-2009, 11:40 AM
I accept almost anyone, then delete them if they seem strange. Like Amy said, most befriend you then that's the last you hear from them.

I did go through and purge a bunch of the females that I don't actually KNOW. It was just easier than explaining to Kelli why different women are on my friends list. It's especially awkward when they leave a flirty post, she sees it and I tell her I don't even know them.

Miss Foxy
12-31-2009, 12:59 PM

ROFL!!!:happydancing:

Miss Foxy
12-31-2009, 01:02 PM
Freakin' skeezers!! Ugg on my Myspace I clearly indicate I am not on there to hook up and it urks me BIG TIME when I get a request and the moron totally copy n pasted a whole speech about how pretty I am and I seem like a good person.. WTF? Nice try, because the fool did not even take 30 seconds to read about me why on earth would I even want him on my friends list..I also cannot stand when they do HATER moves and leave overly flirty comments that's why I removed my comments!:Whistle:I accept almost anyone, then delete them if they seem strange. Like Amy said, most befriend you then that's the last you hear from them.

I did go through and purge a bunch of the females that I don't actually KNOW. It was just easier than explaining to Kelli why different women are on my friends list. It's especially awkward when they leave a flirty post, she sees it and I tell her I don't even know them.

TexasRN
12-31-2009, 01:17 PM
I dated a guy before my current bf and it ended with ugly emails. We only went out 3 times so it wasn't a big deal for me. I didn't think another thing of it but then after a couple of months he started sending friend requests on FB. I ignored them. And then just this week he sent another one. Now it's been over 8 months since I last spoke with him. Bf said to go ahead and friend him and see what he wants. He hasn't sent any messages or anything. So who knows. I'll delete him after a while. People are so weird. :laugh:

~Amy

Miss Foxy
12-31-2009, 01:20 PM
I dated a guy before my current bf and it ended with ugly emails. We only went out 3 times so it wasn't a big deal for me. I didn't think another thing of it but then after a couple of months he started sending friend requests on FB. I ignored them. And then just this week he sent another one. Now it's been over 8 months since I last spoke with him. Bf said to go ahead and friend him and see what he wants. He hasn't sent any messages or anything. So who knows. I'll delete him after a while. People are so weird. :laugh:

~Amy
What a weirdo.. I know what you mean Amy.. After my divorce I dated this really hot Marine and he totally dumped me and just a few months ago he sent a message to my daughters myspace account providing his info for her "mommy" to call him.. Big No No!!:punch:

TexasRN
12-31-2009, 01:26 PM
I accept almost anyone, then delete them if they seem strange. Like Amy said, most befriend you then that's the last you hear from them.

Bf knows who the people that actually post to me are. I haven't had to explain anything so far.

~Amy

MattHughesRocks
12-31-2009, 09:01 PM
Don't forget there's always the private setting :wink:

Miss Foxy
12-31-2009, 09:11 PM

Kudos to Michelle your a slick one girl!! :rpg013:

MattHughesRocks
12-31-2009, 09:28 PM
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o230/bedkin/Animated/smileys/bowing.gif

Tyburn
01-01-2010, 11:31 AM

~Amy

No. :)

TexasRN
01-01-2010, 12:30 PM

I have everything set so that only people I am friends with can see anything about me. You can also put your friends into lists and restrict what content they see even after you've friended them. It helps keep your family from seeing wild, drunken posts....or so I've been told. I don't do those. :laugh:

~Amy

Vizion
01-01-2010, 03:31 PM
I have friends on FB and Myspace who have 1000 + "friends" because, like JB, they are promoting a band or something. Because there is NO WAY you are personal friends with over 1000 people, who would have the time to keep up with them????

flo
01-01-2010, 10:35 PM

~Amy

That's kind of creepy, Amy. He's too persistent and might think that you friending him is encouraging - gawd only knows what's in other people's minds!

Be careful!

VCURamFan
01-02-2010, 04:16 AM
That's kind of creepy, Amy. He's too persistent and might think that you friending him is encouraging - gawd only knows what's in other people's minds!

Be careful!
That's pretty much what I htought when she friended me...:ashamed::ninja:

TexasRN
01-02-2010, 11:40 AM
That's pretty much what I htought when she friended me...:ashamed::ninja:

You liked it.

~Amy

TexasRN
01-02-2010, 11:44 AM

Be careful!

Yeah, I wondered why he was so persistent. That's why I asked the bf's opinion and let him know about it just in case something came up. The guy hasn't sent any messages or tried to contact me in any way so far. Now I'm thinking he friended me so he could show his brothers or friends who I am since I have pictures of me and several fighters on my profile. I've got Matt, Tim Sylvia, Sherk, Yves Edwards, Swick, Franklin, Shonie Carter, Robbie Lawler, and Matt Veach. So it's probably one of those, "look who I went out with" deals.

~Amy

VCURamFan
01-02-2010, 03:52 PM
You liked it.

~Amy
Never said I didn't! :frantics:

Shoots like a girl
01-04-2010, 08:40 PM
I have everything set so that only people I am friends with can see anything about me. You can also put your friends into lists and restrict what content they see even after you've friended them. It helps keep your family from seeing wild, drunken posts....or so I've been told. I don't do those. :laugh:

~Amy

I have all my stuff set to private on my FB and Myspace. I used it to stay connected to my family and friends, even my nephew in Iraq. But I have lots of pics of my kids on there so I friend NO ONE whom I dont know personally! The only person on my friends list that I dont know VERY well is ........thats right, Matt Hughes! And Ive met him and think hes a great guy! So he made my friends list of course! LOL. Cant be too careful girl, lots of crazys out there! :frantics: