PDA

View Full Version : Pick for the superbowl?

Robertboxerboy
12-29-2009, 08:04 PM
as we prepare to enter the play-offs, who are you putting your money on for the super bowl champs?

I'm all in on the Vikings.

(i'm a dolphins fan, not a vikins fan)

VCURamFan
12-29-2009, 08:10 PM
as we prepare to enter the play-offs, who are you putting your money on for the super bowl champs?

I'm all in on the Vikings.

(i'm a dolphins fan, not a vikins fan)

The Colts.

J.B.
12-29-2009, 08:15 PM
The Vikings have looked soft and it's hard for me to see them going all the way. Take Manning out of the game and the Colts are a 500 team.

In the AFC, I like the Chargers to edge out the Colts

In the NFC, I am taking the Cardinals to beat the Saints

Arizona goes back to the Super Bowl and gets the job done this time. :cool:

Yeah, I am a Cardinals fan so of course I want to see them win, but it's not like it would be a longshot for them to pull it off. Of course, I doubt anybody will really be picking them, but they didn't pick them last year either so it's all good.

Miss Foxy
12-29-2009, 08:54 PM
Saints!!!!!!!!

Chuck
12-29-2009, 11:29 PM
Steelers vs. Eagles....

OR

Colts vs. Eagles...

Maybe Chargers vs. Saints...

Nah.... screw it.....

STEELERS VS WHO CARES??

matthughesfan21
12-29-2009, 11:32 PM
The Vikings have looked soft and it's hard for me to see them going all the way. Take Manning out of the game and the Colts are a 500 team.

Yeah, I am a Cardinals fan so of course I want to see them win, but it's not like it would be a longshot for them to pull it off. Of course, I doubt anybody will really be picking them, but they didn't pick them last year either so it's all good.
Vikings could be bounced in their first game, I wouldn't be surprised because they have looked poor lately, even lost to the bears WTF:laugh:

your right about taking out manning, but he will be playing and most teams don't seem to fair to well against him, Chargers have been playing great though...that game is a toss up for me

NFC i got the eagles over the Saints only because the saints have looked poor the last 2 games

J.B.
12-29-2009, 11:37 PM
STEELERS VS WHO CARES??

I could think of certain rematch I would love to see, and don't think it would have the same outcome the second time around :wink:

Chuck
12-30-2009, 01:57 AM
I could think of certain rematch I would love to see, and don't think it would have the same outcome the second time around :wink:

This year brother I'd be happy just to make it... you can have the Lombardi :D

J.B.
12-30-2009, 02:20 AM
This year brother I'd be happy just to make it... you can have the Lombardi :D

Thank you...

I know it's a stretch, but if you don't make it, can we still have the Lombardi?

You guys got enough to spare, and one of em should be ours anyway :laugh:

rearnakedchoke
12-30-2009, 02:43 AM
Patriots

County Mike
12-30-2009, 02:57 AM
COWBOYS!

If they had a better coach.

Silverback
12-30-2009, 03:29 AM
Got to go with that, Warner all the way.:happydancing::happydancing::happydancing:

Bonnie
12-30-2009, 06:17 AM
COWBOYS!

If they had a better coach.

:w00t: There's some Texan in that Jersey boy! :w00t:

You never know, Mike. Like one of the commentators said after they won their last game, "Watch out for teams that start winning late in the season!" :happydancing:

donaldbreland
12-30-2009, 09:24 AM
I still think the Vikings have something down the stretch. I know they lost this last game but if it wasn't for the missed extra point they would have won and plus the Bears looked very good as well. I just can't count the greatest QB of all time out. Favre is the man and he will get back to the superbowl and I think they beat the Bengals by 3.

County Mike
12-30-2009, 11:41 AM
:w00t: There's some Texan in that Jersey boy! :w00t:

You never know, Mike. Like one of the commentators said after they won their last game, "Watch out for teams that start winning late in the season!" :happydancing:

Yeah, but they beat a sorry Redskins team and twice failed on 4th down attempts that they didn't need to try. Kick the field goal, get the 3 points and then stick the other team deep in their own end with a kickoff. A better team could have made the Cowboys pay for those mistakes. I'm hoping they smarten up in the playoffs.

Miss Foxy
12-30-2009, 04:12 PM
Vikings could be bounced in their first game, I wouldn't be surprised because they have looked poor lately, even lost to the bears WTF:laugh:

your right about taking out manning, but he will be playing and most teams don't seem to fair to well against him, Chargers have been playing great though...that game is a toss up for me

NFC i got the eagles over the Saints only because the saints have looked poor the last 2 games

We benched a lot of our starters we need them healthy for Superbowl that's why we did not look so hot on Sunday...:w00t:

Rev
12-30-2009, 08:43 PM
Sean Peyton cost the saints the game suday when he didnt go for it on 4th and inches. With Bell at rb, he had at least a couple yds. The Saints are still my first pick but when they play the Colts, i have to pull for the Colts. Sorry Foxy but I cant jump ship from my team.

matthughesfan21
12-30-2009, 08:55 PM
We benched a lot of our starters we need them healthy for Superbowl that's why we did not look so hot on Sunday...:w00t:
what about the week before?

Miss Foxy
12-30-2009, 09:05 PM
what about the week before?
:ashamed:

CAVEMAN
01-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Chargers and Vikings in the superbowl and right now I'm thinking Chargers.

billwilliams70
01-07-2010, 06:16 PM

The Raiders! Wait, I haven't been able to say that since 2002.

Seriously, I take the Colts over the Cardinals.

I like that my boy J.B says, "Take Manning out of the game and the Colts are a 500 team." That could very well be true, but what are the Chargers without Rivers? What are the Cardinals without Warner (Boldin's already missing practice now)? What are the Saints without Brees? What are the Packers without Rogers? The list could go on and on and on......can't it?

Later.

J.B.
01-07-2010, 08:22 PM
The Raiders! Wait, I haven't been able to say that since 2002.

I like that my boy J.B says, "Take Manning out of the game and the Colts are a 500 team." That could very well be true, but what are the Chargers without Rivers? What are the Cardinals without Warner (Boldin's already missing practice now)? What are the Saints without Brees? What are the Packers without Rogers? The list could go on and on and on......can't it?

Later.

The Cardinals and Chargers are still very talented teams without Warner or Rivers. Same can be said of the Packers and the Saints. Not of the Colts.

Yeah, I understand that taking any starting QB out of the mix will hurt a team, but the difference with the Colts is monumental. That team without Peyton Manning is garbage.

Yeah, when Warner retires, Arizona is gonna have some problems. Matt Leinart has shown some shades of promising performance however we all know he is not going to be the answer. Boldin is injured, but Boldin is always injured. He was injured during last years playoff run too when he helped us shut down the Panthers. Anquan is a guy who had to have his face reconstructed after getting clobbered against the Jets last year and he was back on the field catching TD passes in 2 weeks.

Whats funny is the scenario I picked to play out cannot even happen in the NFC. If Arizona wins against Green Bay, they will play the Saints in Round 2. Either way, I am still going to pick Arizona just because I can. :)

billwilliams70
01-07-2010, 08:28 PM
The Cardinals and Chargers are still very talented teams without Warner or Rivers. Same can be said of the Packers and the Saints. Not of the Colts.

Yeah, I understand that taking any starting QB out of the mix will hurt a team, but the difference with the Colts is monumental. That team without Peyton Manning is garbage.

Yeah, when Warner retires, Arizona is gonna have some problems. Matt Leinart has shown some shades of promising performance however we all know he is not going to be the answer. Boldin is injured, but Boldin is always injured. He was injured during last years playoff run too when he helped us shut down the Panthers. Anquan is a guy who had to have his face reconstructed after getting clobbered against the Jets last year and he was back on the field catching TD passes in 2 weeks.

Whats funny is the scenario I picked to play out cannot even happen in the NFC. If Arizona wins against Green Bay, they will play the Saints in Round 2. Either way, I am still going to pick Arizona just because I can. :)
I agree, Manning is without a doubt the leader of that team and they need him to make it in the post season. I really think though, that the other teams need their QBs just as much, especially at this time. This isn't the season, where a starting QB goes down, a game is lost and the new QB can be worked with. Those backups have to come in and produce at a VERY crucial time.......'cause if they lose it's over.

Later.

Bonnie
01-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Cowboys! :happydancing:

IF something happens to them and they're out, I'm going to root for Brett Favre (Vikings) to win it just to show all those naysayers he's still got it. :wink:

J.B.
01-07-2010, 08:50 PM
I agree, Manning is without a doubt the leader of that team and they need him to make it in the post season. I really think though, that the other teams need their QBs just as much, especially at this time. This isn't the season, where a starting QB goes down, a game is lost and the new QB can be worked with. Those backups have to come in and produce at a VERY crucial time.......'cause if they lose it's over.

Later.

I think that is just about every season though. The NFL is a tough league to get wins in. Even teams like the Lions and Raiders are capable of coming out of nowhere and handing you your butt on a platter. So, it's never good for anybody to lose a starting QB. We don't often see what happened in New England last year when Tom Brady got hurt the first game and Matt Cassel came in and played awesome, but it does happen. Heck, Kurt Warner was a backup when he led the Rams to the Superbowl in 99.

You are right that all these teams need their QB too, but I still think teams like Arizona, San Diego, Minnesota, or even Green Bay have the talent to still make the playoffs without their current starting QB's. I would not say the same about Indianapolis.

billwilliams70
01-07-2010, 08:59 PM
I think that is just about every season though. The NFL is a tough league to get wins in. Even teams like the Lions and Raiders are capable of coming out of nowhere and handing you your butt on a platter. So, it's never good for anybody to lose a starting QB. We don't often see what happened in New England last year when Tom Brady got hurt the first game and Matt Cassel came in and played awesome, but it does happen. Heck, Kurt Warner was a backup when he led the Rams to the Superbowl in 99.

You are right that all these teams need their QB too, but I still think teams like Arizona, San Diego, Minnesota, or even Green Bay have the talent to still make the playoffs without their current starting QB's. I would not say the same about Indianapolis.
I really think that Brady and Warner are exceptions to the rule, nobody thought they would do what they did.

Yes, they have the talent outside of the QB position.

Later.

J.B.
01-07-2010, 09:06 PM
I really think that Brady and Warner are exceptions to the rule, nobody thought they would do what they did.

Yes, they have the talent outside of the QB position.

Later.

You got that right bro!

Who would have thought that a grocery bagger like Warner and a 6th round pick like Brady would go on to be two of the best QB's ever? :wink:

billwilliams70
01-07-2010, 09:17 PM
You got that right bro!

Who would have thought that a grocery bagger like Warner and a 6th round pick like Brady would go on to be two of the best QB's ever? :wink:
I know.....those were two big stories and then the fact that they met in the Super Bowl.....that was cool as heck.

Later.

mikthehick
01-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Patriots have no chance this weekend against the Ravens without Tom Brady--I think his 3 cracked ribs will keep him benched, but he's still probable according to ESPN.

I LOVE the Packers, and I think they will beat the Cards this weekend (sorry JB), but we'll take it game by game.

While I do think the Vikings and Saints have a great shot, the Saints have lost their past 3 (I think). I'm not a Colts fan either--people around here are colt's fans just because they are good, and that's not legit in my opinion. They will just be fair weather fans that drift to another team who is good next year.

Chargers, Ravens, Packers, Saints, Vikings, Cowboys, Patriots

Ultimately, I think it will end up being Saints vs. Colts

J.B.
01-07-2010, 11:33 PM
I LOVE the Packers, and I think they will beat the Cards this weekend (sorry JB), but we'll take it game by game.

I forgive you, but the Chicago blood in me will never like the Packers. :wink:

mikthehick
01-08-2010, 02:41 PM
I forgive you, but the Chicago blood in me will never like the Packers. :wink:

That's ok, I don't like the bears :)

When I was in Chicago for a wedding 3 years ago, I was surprised at the amount of Packers fans! Most of those people were born in Wisco tho.

rearnakedchoke
01-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Patriots

CAVEMAN
01-12-2010, 05:37 PM
I'm still sticking with Chargers and Vikings.

Shoots like a girl
01-12-2010, 06:26 PM
THE INDIANAPOLIS COLTS ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!!

VCURamFan
01-12-2010, 06:43 PM
As much as I hate to say it (having grown up deep in the heart of Redskins country), the Cowboys are starting to look hot right now & it's all thanks to their defense. I'd hate to see them make it any further in the playoffs, but I certainly wouldn't be shocked if they moved on...

wpnsman2000
01-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Anyone but the cowgirls........

VCURamFan
01-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Anyone but the cowgirls........
O, amen, I'd hate for the D-bags to get another Ring (sorry Denise).

billwilliams70
01-12-2010, 07:56 PM
^ Still going with this pick. ^

Later.

Buzzard
01-13-2010, 05:56 AM
I'm rooting for the Chargers. 2nd favorite team next to the Redskins. Go Chargers! ZAP!

MattHughesRocks
01-13-2010, 06:27 AM
Go Redskins! :party0006:

Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya
01-14-2010, 03:22 AM
COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J.B.
01-14-2010, 01:10 PM
WAR CARDINALS!!!!

http://prod.static.cardinals.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/ARI/photos/big_red/2008_big_red_photos/lrg-2733-br5--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

rockdawg21
01-15-2010, 12:53 AM
Colts

J.B.
01-17-2010, 02:43 AM
Tough loss for Arizona today. The Saints completely dominated and beat up on an already injury plagued Cardinals team. Congrats to the Saints fans.

Bonnie
01-17-2010, 07:35 AM
The Ravens had a horrible time of it too. Interceptions like crazy, balls being knocked out of their arms left and right and then their own guy costs them the ball after they intercepted it and made a terrific run down the field all because of a stupid foul. Just wasn't their night...or the Cardinals'. :wink:

I'm anxious to see how the Cowboys do tomorrow.

Robertboxerboy
01-17-2010, 10:44 PM
I could have told you cards were gonna have a rough time. But I was not expecting that from the Ravens!

Bonnie
01-17-2010, 10:49 PM
Well, the Cowboys are out. :sad:

I didn't get to watch it, but my husband said they went the same way as the Ravens--scorewise and playwise. :wink:

I'm rooting for Brett Farve and Minnesota now.

J.B.
01-17-2010, 11:35 PM
Well, the Cowboys are out. :sad:

I didn't get to watch it, but my husband said they went the same way as the Ravens--scorewise and playwise. :wink:

I'm rooting for Brett Farve and Minnesota now.

That really is a shocker, sorry Bonnie :sad:

My buddy James is a Dallas fan and we were hoping to see a Cards / Cowboys NFC Championship, but it just wasn't our year. I am really surprised at how bad Dallas and Arizona got beat, I didn't see that coming at all.

Also, another huge shocker is the passing of Gaines Adams this morning. Strangely enough, my buddy and I were just talking about him last night when talking about the Bears and then this happened. He was only 26, a reminder of how truly precious life is.

Bonnie
01-18-2010, 03:26 AM
Yeah, that's terrible about Gains Adams. So young! I looked it up and they had an article on all the NFL guys who have died since 2007. Either they were shot, drowned, lost at sea or cardiac, and all of them young.

Life is precious and you never know when something might happen. My thing nowdays is to not take anything for granted and don't sweat the small stuff. It just isn't worth your precious time.... :wink:

County Mike
01-18-2010, 12:52 PM
My two favorite teams lost. Cowboys got destroyed and Chargers lost a close one.

Now I don't really care much about the teams that are left.

Silverback
01-18-2010, 08:55 PM
Warner couldnt get it done so come on Favre:punch::punch::punch:

VCURamFan
01-20-2010, 04:52 AM
I am SOOOO excited that the Chargers & Dallas both lost!! I hate those teams so much, I've been dreading the possibility of a Dallas/San Diego Superbowl. So excited that's not going to be happening!!!:happydancing::happydancing:

Shoots like a girl
01-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Colts and the Jets this weekend! GO BLUE!!!!! :happydancing:

flo
01-23-2010, 09:17 AM
Superbowl = Vikings vs Colts with my man Brett winning it all. :happydancing:

Miss Foxy
01-23-2010, 06:21 PM
Who dat?? NEW ORLEANS SAINTS!!!! geaux SAINTS!! :tongue0011:

J.B.
01-23-2010, 07:01 PM
I think the sexiest possible Super Bowl matchup would be the Jets and the Vikings.

How great would it be to see the Jets stick it to Favre after he used them as a rest-stop on his highway to revenge over the Packers? :laugh:

Rev
01-23-2010, 11:28 PM
Saints vs. Colts in the bowl.

Bonnie
01-24-2010, 03:50 PM
I think the sexiest possible Super Bowl matchup would be the Jets and the Vikings.

How great would it be to see the Jets stick it to Favre after he used them as a rest-stop on his highway to revenge over the Packers? :laugh:

Why do you say he used them JB? :unsure-1: The Packers traded him to the Jets and then the Jets released him; at that point, he could go anywhere he wanted. He does have a boatload of records he's broken in his impressive career. The only smudge has been this "I'm retired....no I'm not....yes I am....NO...I'm...NOT" :blink: wishywashyness.

I'm with Flo:

Colts vs. Vikings with Brett Farve winning. :happydancing: And then.....he can retire....if he wants to....or....maybe not. :laugh:

Robertboxerboy
01-25-2010, 03:46 AM
Colts/Saints. Saints get stomped, and a worthless superbowl I think

J.B.
01-25-2010, 04:23 AM
Why do you say he used them JB? :unsure-1: The Packers traded him to the Jets and then the Jets released him; at that point, he could go anywhere he wanted. He does have a boatload of records he's broken in his impressive career. The only smudge has been this "I'm retired....no I'm not....yes I am....NO...I'm...NOT" :blink: wishywashyness.

I'm with Flo:

Colts vs. Vikings with Brett Farve winning. :happydancing: And then.....he can retire....if he wants to....or....maybe not. :laugh:

He used them because we all know he never really wanted to play for them at all. He wanted to come back and be the starter for Green Bay, but they wanted to move on, so they traded him to the Jets because they did not want to release him from his contract and have him go play in the NFC North with Minnesota. They obviously were afraid he would burn them if he played in their division, which he ultimately did. They even went so far as to have an agreement with the Jets that they were not allowed to trade him to any NFC North teams during last season.

Everyone knows that ticked Favre off, and he clearly wanted to stick it to the Packers, which is why he came to Minnesota this season. Favre is a great QB, one of the best ever, but he only did the New York thing so that he could stay in the league. The Jets are a good team, and if the Bret Favre of this year was playing in New York last year, they might of had a chance at making a run. I know he was hurt last year, but I never got the impression that he wanted to be in a Jets uniform the whole time he was there.

It's not a question of if Bret Favre wants to retire or not, it never has been. That old bastard will always want to keep playing the regular season and playoffs. It's all the hard work that needs to be put in during the off-season that he don't want to, or physically cannot, do anymore. That's why held out for so long on making a decision last year, he just wanted to skip training camp. Either way, the guy is a hell of a football player, and fun to watch. I have always been a Chicago fan, so naturally I like to see Favre take it on the chin from time to time, but when you look back at all that he has done, love him or hate him you cannot deny him. :wink:

That being said, the Saints really put a beating on him today, which was actually sad to watch. I didn't like seeing it happen to Warner last week, and surprisingly I didn't like seeing it happen to Favre either. Just something about seeing an old man get hit that hard that just ain't right. I hope both of them come back next year and compete for the senior citizens bowl, but one thing is for sure. Warner will not make us wait until September to find out. :cool:

J.B.
01-25-2010, 04:32 AM
Colts/Saints. Saints get stomped, and a worthless superbowl I think

How is it a "worthless" Super Bowl?

I can understand it being meaningless to you if your team is not playing in the big game, but I am curious as to why a Colts vs Saints match-up is worthless?

I have been critical of both those teams all season long, just like any other avid football fan, but how can people keep hating on teams after they come out in the playoffs and get the job done? I mean, for real, these are the two number 1 teams from each conference and the Saints have NEVER been there before. How can that possibly be a worthless Super Bowl?

rockdawg21
01-25-2010, 04:47 AM
And I repeat...
Colts :laugh:

J.B.
01-25-2010, 05:01 AM
And I repeat...
:laugh:

I really thought the Jets were gonna beat them, and they could have done it too. That Colts team is far from perfect, but it does help that Peyton Manning is pretty much as close to perfect as a QB can get, so it all evens out.

I think that the Saints will win. I have been saying all year that even when they are in tough games they just find ways to win, and they did it again tonight. They also managed to put a ton of pressure on Kurt Warner and Bret Favre the last two weeks and if they can do that to Manning early on, the Colts are gonna be in big trouble. The Saints offense is a LOT better than the Jets and if the Saints can confuse Peyton Manning early on and force a couple 3 and outs, they will likely turn those into a lot more points than the Jets did. Everyone knows that it takes Peyton a little bit of time to get settled in, and then he comes back and bites you in the ass at the end of the game, so you gotta get a big lead on him early and force him to air it out more. That's how you beat Peyton Manning, and even then it don't always work.

Rev
01-25-2010, 05:02 AM
pull up the archives ans see who called this. i think it was the REV!!! and my girl Foxy.

I am a Colts fan but the Saints will win the bowl.
Either way I win.

J.B.
01-25-2010, 05:10 AM
pull up the archives ans see who called this. i think it was the REV!!! and my girl Foxy.

I am a Colts fan but the Saints will win the bowl.
Either way I win.

LOL

it's not really a stretch to guess that the two best teams in the league would make the Super Bowl. But it's cool, you win the prize! :laugh:

I actually completely bombed this season with my picks. I think the only two picks I got correct were Arizona over Green Bay and Minnesota over Dallas. Oh well, only one more meaningful game of football and then we get to wait again. :rolleyes:

Rev
01-25-2010, 05:15 AM
we opened our pick box today from the first day of the season.(my family and close friends do it every year)
Guess who called the Saints vs the Colts for the bowl.
This guy did.

J.B.
01-25-2010, 05:40 AM
we opened our pick box today from the first day of the season.(my family and close friends do it every year)
Guess who called the Saints vs the Colts for the bowl.
This guy did.

Okay, well THAT is impressive. :wink:

matthughesfan21
01-25-2010, 06:47 AM
so glad the Vikings lost, if they had won the absolute oversaturate of all things Brett Favre would have driven me insane, I probably would have offed myself before media week was even over

matthughesfan21
01-25-2010, 06:50 AM
LOL

it's not really a stretch to guess that the two best teams in the league would make the Super Bowl. But it's cool, you win the prize! :laugh:

I actually completely bombed this season with my picks. I think the only two picks I got correct were Arizona over Green Bay and Minnesota over Dallas. Oh well, only one more meaningful game of football and then we get to wait again. :rolleyes:
wait for football? yes, but I won't be too anxious, the real waiting for me will be from June until October 1st

Bonnie
01-25-2010, 02:48 PM
He used them because we all know he never really wanted to play for them at all. He wanted to come back and be the starter for Green Bay, but they wanted to move on, so they traded him to the Jets because they did not want to release him from his contract and have him go play in the NFC North with Minnesota. They obviously were afraid he would burn them if he played in their division, which he ultimately did. They even went so far as to have an agreement with the Jets that they were not allowed to trade him to any NFC North teams during last season.

Everyone knows that ticked Favre off, and he clearly wanted to stick it to the Packers, which is why he came to Minnesota this season. Favre is a great QB, one of the best ever, but he only did the New York thing so that he could stay in the league. The Jets are a good team, and if the Bret Favre of this year was playing in New York last year, they might of had a chance at making a run. I know he was hurt last year, but I never got the impression that he wanted to be in a Jets uniform the whole time he was there.

It's not a question of if Bret Favre wants to retire or not, it never has been. That old bastard will always want to keep playing the regular season and playoffs. It's all the hard work that needs to be put in during the off-season that he don't want to, or physically cannot, do anymore. That's why held out for so long on making a decision last year, he just wanted to skip training camp. Either way, the guy is a hell of a football player, and fun to watch. I have always been a Chicago fan, so naturally I like to see Favre take it on the chin from time to time, but when you look back at all that he has done, love him or hate him you cannot deny him. :wink:

That being said, the Saints really put a beating on him today, which was actually sad to watch. I didn't like seeing it happen to Warner last week, and surprisingly I didn't like seeing it happen to Favre either. Just something about seeing an old man get hit that hard that just ain't right. I hope both of them come back next year and compete for the senior citizens bowl, but one thing is for sure. Warner will not make us wait until September to find out. :cool:

From what you've said, it really looks like the Packers were trying to stick it to Farve so I can understand Brett wanting to stick it right back to them and he did. I really wanted to see Brett win this superbowl (once the Cowboys were out :wink:). That would have been great! As to what happened yesterday, Minnesota should be in the Superbowl with the Colts, not the Saints. Some people are gonna blame that last play of Brett's, but that's not what lost the game for them. First off, they could have done a better job of protecting Brett (especially if they had done their homework and saw how they got to Warner!); he took some brutal hits (15+ I believe) early on. Secondly, what lost them the game were all those freaking turnovers. I think maybe 2 or 3 were from the Saints knocking the ball, but the rest were all on the Vikings and their inability to HOLD ON TO THE BALL!!! :angry:

I think Brett Farve did as great a job as he could with the pressure that the Saints defense were putting on him. I mean they had 400+ yards over the Saints 200+ and the other stats...they should have won that game!

But anyways :rolleyes: now it's time for Peyton and the Colts to win it all.

And they better not screw up either! :angry:

billwilliams70
01-25-2010, 03:14 PM
Well, I picked the Colts to win the whole thing, only it was over the Cardinals......with that said, I think that they'll still spoil the Saints first Super Bowl appearance.

Later.

Miss Foxy
01-25-2010, 06:04 PM
How is it a "worthless" Super Bowl?

I can understand it being meaningless to you if your team is not playing in the big game, but I am curious as to why a Colts vs Saints match-up is worthless?

I have been critical of both those teams all season long, just like any other avid football fan, but how can people keep hating on teams after they come out in the playoffs and get the job done? I mean, for real, these are the two number 1 teams from each conference and the Saints have NEVER been there before. How can that possibly be a worthless Super Bowl?Exactly!!! Both teams earned it and deserved it!!! :happydancing: Just so happens my team made it our 1st ever Superbowl appearance!!

Shoots like a girl
01-25-2010, 07:42 PM
Ive been a Colts fan for years and am SOOOOOO enjoying our boys getting the opportunity to win another Superbowl!!! Yah! Go Blue! :happydancing:

VCURamFan
01-25-2010, 07:55 PM
Dude, I'm so stoked! I called a Saints/Colts Superbowl months ago. The games yesterday were awesome.

Shoots like a girl
01-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Hoping the Colts slaughter the Saints!

VCURamFan
01-25-2010, 08:29 PM
I honestly don't know who I'm pulling for in this Super Bowl. I admire and respect both teams so much, both for what they've done on the field as well as off of it. I also love the fact that it's #1 AFC vs. #1 NFC. They're both such high-powered offenses, you just know it's gonna be a shoot-out.

As of this moment, I think I'm pulling for the Colts, but that could easily change 15+ times between now & game time.

billwilliams70
01-25-2010, 08:30 PM
Hoping the Colts slaughter the Saints!
I think that they will, but that's just my opinion.

Later.

Shoots like a girl
01-25-2010, 08:37 PM
Well since your opinion matches mine Id say its the correct one! hehe :laugh:

Miss Foxy
01-25-2010, 09:07 PM
That's great stand by your team, but I'm sorry this will not be a slaughter for either team. It's going to be a very good game!!!Hoping the Colts slaughter the Saints!

CAVEMAN
01-25-2010, 09:07 PM
It sure was a heart breaker for the Vikings. They put up one hell of a fight to #1 offense in the NFL. I hope the Superbowl will be good. I don't see it being a lopsided victory for either team. Hopefully it will be interesting game to watch. But I definitely see this game coming down to defense.

Robertboxerboy
01-25-2010, 11:29 PM
I called Colts winning the whole thing, but over the vikings. I just can't see the Saints even coming close to beating the Colts. But I don't belive the Saints beat the vikings. I believe the Vikings beat the Vikings. Soooo many turn overs, and the Saints only caused 2 or three, the rest was there ability to not hold on to the ball themselves. Take out those turn overs the Saints didnt cause and you got Vikings/Colts in the superbowl.

Miss Foxy
01-25-2010, 11:40 PM
I called Colts winning the whole thing, but over the vikings. I just can't see the Saints even coming close to beating the Colts. But I don't belive the Saints beat the vikings. I believe the Vikings beat the Vikings. Soooo many turn overs, and the Saints only caused 2 or three, the rest was there ability to not hold on to the ball themselves. Take out those turn overs the Saints didnt cause and you got Vikings/Colts in the superbowl.

Uuum with all due respect the Vikings lost fair and square..You are not making sense..:laugh:

J.B.
01-26-2010, 01:20 AM
From what you've said, it really looks like the Packers were trying to stick it to Farve so I can understand Brett wanting to stick it right back to them and he did. I really wanted to see Brett win this superbowl (once the Cowboys were out :wink:). That would have been great! As to what happened yesterday, Minnesota should be in the Superbowl with the Colts, not the Saints. Some people are gonna blame that last play of Brett's, but that's not what lost the game for them. First off, they could have done a better job of protecting Brett (especially if they had done their homework and saw how they got to Warner!); he took some brutal hits (15+ I believe) early on. Secondly, what lost them the game were all those freaking turnovers. I think maybe 2 or 3 were from the Saints knocking the ball, but the rest were all on the Vikings and their inability to HOLD ON TO THE BALL!!! :angry:

I think Brett Farve did as great a job as he could with the pressure that the Saints defense were putting on him. I mean they had 400+ yards over the Saints 200+ and the other stats...they should have won that game!

But anyways :rolleyes: now it's time for Peyton and the Colts to win it all.

And they better not screw up either! :angry:

The truth is they screwed each other, but the Packers actually made the right decision in hindsight.

Favre came out and said he was retiring. He cried, cried, and cried about how he couldn't handle the preparation anymore and that he didn't want to play at anything less than 100%. Then, he decides at last minute before the next season that he wants to come back and start for the Packers. Well, they had been sitting on Aaron Rodgers, and wanted to get him going as their new leader, so they told Favre he wouldn't be a starter. Thats when he asked to be traded or released from his contract.

The Pack was right to go with Rodgers. I mean, look at the kid, he is great. However, they knew that telling Favre to sit the bench was a slap in the face after all the years of great football he brought to Green Bay.

Rev
01-26-2010, 02:13 AM
The saints played the worst game of the year last night. If the best vikings and the best saints show up to play, the Saints would destroy, thats right I said destroy the vikings. You cant fumble 6 times and throw 2 picks against any team and expect to win. Brett had the game in his hands and lost it for his team just like he is known for doing. I am a Colts fan but I am sooo sick of people crying about the vikings beating themselves and the saints not deserving it, if the vikings are that good then why would they have lost it for themselves. Hmmmm, the Saints didnt cost themselves the game so they must be doing something right.

J.B.
01-26-2010, 02:20 AM
Hitler agrees that the Refs screwed Favre...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urutCaKyw4E\

Tyra Banks called Favre out on losing today too..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqQYTW46BUU&feature=player_embedded

Rev
01-26-2010, 02:29 AM
lol. Awesome

Bonnie
01-26-2010, 03:06 AM
Hitler agrees that the Refs screwed Favre...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urutCaKyw4E\

Tyra Banks called Favre out on losing today too..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqQYTW46BUU&feature=player_embedded

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me, I forgot about those "playback" calls. :rolleyes: That one call especially where the football sailed completely over that Saint's head and they called pass interference on the Vikings. They must have been blind when they rewatched that one. :wacko:

I recognize that Tyra rant from an episode on her show "Next Top Model".

Those were pretty funny JB. :laugh:

J.B.
01-26-2010, 03:22 AM
It's official now, we are back on "FAVRE WATCH". Except they are also calling it "WARNER WATCH" down here in the valley, which is actually kind of ridiculous because Kurt has never played around with retirement talks and changed his mind at the last minute.

The latest on both guys is that they will go home and talk it over with their families. However, Favre said yesterday that his return to the Vikings is "highly unlikely", and Warner was quoted as saying he needs God to take away his desire to play the game of football.

Stay tuned :ninja:

Shoots like a girl
01-26-2010, 07:12 PM
If I had to be honest, I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT! I love a good game but I think it could be very one sided.

That's great stand by your team, but I'm sorry this will not be a slaughter for either team. It's going to be a very good game!!!

Robertboxerboy
01-26-2010, 09:34 PM
If I had to be honest, I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT! I love a good game but I think it could be very one sided.

Me too.

And what I ment by the Vikings beating the Vikings is that they had way too many turn overs that they caused themselves, take away those turnovers they caused, not the ones the Saints caused and the Vikings would win.

Bonnie
01-27-2010, 01:52 AM
Me too.

And what I ment by the Vikings beating the Vikings is that they had way too many turn overs that they caused themselves, take away those turnovers they caused, not the ones the Saints caused and the Vikings would win.

Totally agree! They did themselves in. Did you see the replay of that TD by the Saints where the guy (not sure if that was R. Bush or ...) stretched his arms out? In the replay you could clearly see his knees were touching the ground before he stretched into the end zone. Unfortunately, the Vikings failed to contest that one (or whatever they call it); for sure that 6+ points would have been taken back....if only.... :wink:

Shoulda....coulda... :wink:

I think these last four teams were really great. Congrats to the Colts and Saints for making it all the way. :applause:

Rev
02-08-2010, 04:46 AM
Colts/Saints. Saints get stomped, and a worthless superbowl I think:wink: good call

J.B.
02-08-2010, 04:59 AM
:wink: good call

Miss Foxy
02-08-2010, 05:00 AM
:laugh:+2!!!