PDA

View Full Version : what would yall think about tuf: legends

3dlee
12-28-2009, 08:58 PM
it would be a lot like the comeback, except fighters 35+the prize: one fight - a title shot. one last shot at fame for these guys. if they win the belt ofcourse they get like a 6 fight deal. thoughts?

Chuck
12-28-2009, 09:04 PM
it would be a lot like the comeback, except fighters 35+the prize: one fight - a title shot. one last shot at fame for these guys. if they win the belt ofcourse they get like a 6 fight deal. thoughts?

That sounds exactly like the comeback show brother... :huh:

County Mike
12-28-2009, 09:16 PM
I prefer seeing the young fighters trying to make a name for themselves. The "legends" have already made a name and shouldn't have to endure the house for a final shot.

Crisco
12-28-2009, 09:35 PM
It could be interesting tbh but not sure how good it would be.

Chris F
12-28-2009, 09:39 PM
I think the up in comers and unknowns are better for the show. Case in point TUF 10. I trully did not see Roy not winning and figured Kimbo would loose and still be a focal point. No names like season 1 was great.

MattHughesRocks
12-28-2009, 09:39 PM
TUF isn't old enough to have "legends" yet.

J.B.
12-29-2009, 03:31 PM
They should do a celebrity TUF, that might actually make the show worth watching again.

billwilliams70
12-29-2009, 03:55 PM
I think they should do a TUF with the fighters from previous seasons that came up short and didn't get that six-figure contract.

Later.

County Mike
12-29-2009, 03:58 PM
They should do a Matt Hughes Forum TUF. All of us living in that house, training and stuff.

billwilliams70
12-29-2009, 04:18 PM
They should do a Matt Hughes Forum TUF. All of us living in that house, training and stuff.
That would be fun! There would have to be a karaoke room though. :happydancing:

Later.

donaldbreland
12-30-2009, 07:19 AM
That would be unfair. I would hate to have to put a whippin on most of you, but if we had to. I'm calling out Atomdanger or Buc Nasty. lol

Rev
12-30-2009, 07:36 PM
That would be unfair. I would hate to have to put a whippin on most of you, but if we had to. I'm calling out Atomdanger or Buc Nasty. lol

I call the liberals and Canadians!!! lol jk about the Canucks, all u GSP fans chill out "A"

County Mike
12-30-2009, 07:48 PM
I just want to cause drama in the house. :)

Spiritwalker
12-30-2009, 11:37 PM
I kinda like the idea of Former Champs... training 1 guy...

take 10 former champs all weight classes..

they take 1 fighter. train them for 6 weeks... then the fighters fight...

If their fighter wins.. they get mad bucks.... or a title shot.. which ever they want.

Tyburn
12-31-2009, 01:23 AM

that would be good. I want to be on Psykojojos team :w00t:

Spiritwalker already wants a piece of me, Max wanted a piece of me

So...they can fight...and winner gets me :happydancing:

I'd love it also because we could have that age old fight between Mike and Andreas...I'd love to have seen them both put their money where their mouths were :ninja:

County Mike
12-31-2009, 12:25 PM
I'd love it also because we could have that age old fight between Mike and Andreas...I'd love to have seen them both put their money where their mouths were :ninja:

I don't remember any words with Andreas. I vaguely remember Spiritwalker challenging me (or maybe it was vice-versa).

Tyburn
12-31-2009, 12:45 PM
I don't remember any words with Andreas. I vaguely remember Spiritwalker challenging me (or maybe it was vice-versa).

You are not the Mike I'm thinking of :laugh:

Spiritwalker
12-31-2009, 05:48 PM

I think it was mutual... :laugh:

TexasRN
12-31-2009, 05:56 PM
You are not the Mike I'm thinking of :laugh:

That Mike is probably in jail. :unsure-1:

And I would bet on Andreas winning that fight. :wink:

~Amy

County Mike
12-31-2009, 05:59 PM
I don't know if I remember that Mike. What was his forum name?

VCURamFan
12-31-2009, 08:18 PM
I don't know if I remember that Mike. What was his forum name?

You don't know him. He was gone before I even joined the boards.

TexasRN
12-31-2009, 08:21 PM
You don't know him. He was gone before I even joined the boards.

Ya'll didn't miss too much.

~Amy

VCURamFan
12-31-2009, 08:26 PM
Ya'll didn't miss too much.

~Amy

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've gathered.:Whistle:

Tyburn
01-01-2010, 12:18 PM
That Mike is probably in jail. :unsure-1:

And I would bet on Andreas winning that fight. :wink:

~Amy

Its more like Andreas being in Jail and Mike winning that fight actually. :tongue0011:

wavetar
01-01-2010, 08:36 PM
I call the liberals and Canadians!!! lol jk about the Canucks, all u GSP fans chill out "A"

Well, ok, but since I don't train MMA, all my fights will take place on the ice, each fighter with skates on, and wearing oversized jerseys for pulling over your heads! :laugh:

County Mike
01-02-2010, 04:24 AM
Well, ok, but since I don't train MMA, all my fights will take place on the ice, each fighter with skates on, and wearing oversized jerseys for pulling over your heads! :laugh:

Works for me. :)

Been playing Ice Hockey for about 20 years.

wavetar
01-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Works for me. :)

Been playing Ice Hockey for about 20 years.

Crap. Ok, in that case we also need to drink a dozen Canadian beer of choice beforehand...your aim might be off, and I might not feel as much.

County Mike
01-02-2010, 02:15 PM
OK. I'm not much of a drinker so I think 12 Canadian beer's might do me in.

Molson Ice!!!

Jonlion
01-03-2010, 07:11 PM
I am gonna presume Britain beats America by a landslide again!!!!!!!! :wink:

I'd love it!

Robertboxerboy
01-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Wait haven't we beat you guys in Ice Hockey before? Wait maybe that was a the Soviets? I don't remember:blink:

Buc Nasty
01-12-2010, 02:03 PM

Its on like donkey kong, biiiiyatch!

:laugh:

Buc Nasty
01-12-2010, 02:05 PM
I'd love to see all the previous coaches and some new ones in some sort of tournament with one fighter each, although it would make training a nightmare!

If the fighters were evenly matched my pick would be Jens, I think he's been the best coach yet.

VCURamFan
01-12-2010, 05:18 PM
I'd love to see all the previous coaches and some new ones in some sort of tournament with one fighter each, although it would make training a nightmare!

If the fighters were evenly matched my pick would be Jens, I think he's been the best coach yet.
I disagree. Matt's won every season he's been on.

Buc Nasty
01-12-2010, 06:04 PM
I disagree.

Good for you.

I'm not trying to be an ass here but in TUF6 he was 2-6 in the first round and the team were not united at all. They got better as it went on but Danzig won that through experience, not through some vast improvement on the show. If you look at some of the guys in TUF5 they improved noticeably under Jens.

If Big Baby had won the most recent season would you say Rampage is a better coach than Rashad?

Thought not!

VCURamFan
01-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Good for you.

I'm not trying to be an ass here but in TUF6 he was 2-6 in the first round and the team were not united at all. They got better as it went on but Danzig won that through experience, not through some vast improvement on the show. If you look at some of the guys in TUF5 they improved noticeably under Jens.

If Big Baby had won the most recent season would you say Rampage is a better coach than Rashad?

Thought not!
And Tommy made to the final based on what, Team sarah's fear of gingers? :laugh:

Tommy was as green as Mac was experienced, so the only way he survived that season was by doing what 6 of his teammates failed to: listening to Matt. On top of that, Team Hughes was 6-6 in the house & had the only two finalists. Crappy showing in the first round, yeah, but they pulled it out in the end. If an NFL starts the season 2-6, makes it into the play-offs at 8-8, then goes on to win the Superbowl, are you going to tell me they're not really the season champions just because they bickered in the lockerroom alot? Don't play dumb, Buc, it doesn't suit you.

Buc Nasty
01-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Of course Matt helped but its ridiculous to say 6 people not listening to Matt = 6 losses. You know that is the reason they all lost do you? That's playing dumb! Tommy got through because he was one of the naturally strongest guys there. They could have been trying but just didn't have the skill or strength to carry out Matt's instructions. I only referred to the team spirit because it obviously affected them and part of Team Pulver's success came from that unity and the fact they worked hard for each other. Over the course of each series if I could have been a participant on that show (regardless of weight) I'd have chosen team Pulver (BJ fan here!) because he looked to me like the best mentor, I hope he coaches once he's done fighting.

Tyburn
01-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Good for you.

If you look at some of the guys in TUF5 they improved noticeably under Jens.

Jens did Exceptionally well....lets not forget on this show, whilst there was animosity between Matt Hughes and Matt Serra...there should never have been much doubt that Matt Hughes was the better, more skilled, more professional, both in terms of himself, but also his team. Now in the case of Jens Pulver and Jay Penn...let us not kid ourselves...that would be like putting Matt Hughes as an opposite Coach to Georges Saint Pierre. Surely you see the difference. Whilst one hopes that The Formers are more skilled, more practised, better people, better teachers, and can beat the latters...the fight at the end, and the tension throughout are going to be closer and more taught. Penn isnt just someone with bad blood against Jens, he was a nemesis...he is known for his teaching school, he is known for his ethos about gaining knowledge...he is already a coach....Neither Jens, Nor Hughes were at the time...and Matt Serra doesnt count :laugh: We all saw his efforts of coaching with Joey Scarolla...:rolleyes:

As For Mac Danzig...I dont think he's in a better place now for having won it do you. :ninja: As I recall wasnt Danzig the trouble maker...some sorta foolish animal philanthropist, who hated religion and pretty much hated his team....apart from the flies...I remember the bloody flies....:laugh:

Tyburn
01-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Over the course of each series if I could have been a participant on that show (regardless of weight) I'd have chosen team Pulver (BJ fan here!) because he looked to me like the best mentor, I hope he coaches once he's done fighting.

He's already got a place in Idaho. His Gym is called "Driven" :w00t: More Accurately its Driven TC (Training Centre) I think it has close links with a clothing brand of the same name...I also think its more a collaboratory effort then a solo project. But there we are.

Buc Nasty
01-13-2010, 09:13 AM
:)