PDA

View Full Version : What did you get?

County Mike
12-28-2009, 02:47 PM
I know Christmas isn't about what you get, but I'm still curious.

What are some of the favorite gifts you received this year?

My mom bought us the Wii Fit. So much fun.
Kelli bought me a gun safe. Electronic access code so it's nice and quick in case some fool tries a home invasion. Just because I live in NJ, doesn't mean I won't be defending myself and my family.
Kelli also bought me some hearing protection so I can practice protecting my family without going deaf.
Lots of other nice gifts, but I don't want to bore you with all the details.

Miss Foxy
12-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Oh thats great you got some good stuff!!!
Aside from the gift cards my favorite gifts were a Bath & Body Works Anti-bacterial gift set my daughter bought me. I cannot begin to tell you how her eyes lit up when I opened her gift!! She even hustled a ride to go get it and wrapped it herself..:) My 2nd favorite gift was new Von Zipper glasses that my dude got me....

Bonnie
12-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Well, I haven't actually gotten it yet, but I'm getting an iPod, probably Nano. We just have to go check 'em out and decide which one I want.

I also got some of my favorite products from a skin line I love.

My most prized gift was a key chain with a butterfly that said "Best Aunt" from my nephew. They have a "snow" store they set up at school this time of year where the kids get to pick out (all by themselves) and buy gifts for their loved ones. He even got his dog a gift. :wub:

My nephew got a Jenga game (the one in the round container); has anyone ever played? It's a lot of fun (especially playing with other adults). The longer it goes on, the more nerve-racking.... :laugh:

Bonnie
12-28-2009, 03:25 PM
Oh thats great you got some good stuff!!!
Aside from the gift cards my favorite gifts were a Bath & Body Works Anti-bacterial gift set my daughter bought me. I cannot begin to tell you how her eyes lit up when I opened her gift!! She even hustled a ride to go get it and wrapped it herself..:) My 2nd favorite gift was new Von Zipper glasses that my dude got me....

What style did you get, Foxy? They have some interesting names. :laugh:

Chuck
12-28-2009, 03:29 PM
My most prized gift was a key chain with a butterfly that said "Best Aunt" from my nephew. They have a "snow" store they set up at school this time of year where the kids get to pick out (all by themselves) and buy gifts for their loved ones. He even got his dog a gift. :wub:

My daughter got me a little mouse doorstop that she paid for and picked out all by herself in the 2nd or 3rd grade (she's in 8th now). I LOVE it, still have it and will always cherish it.

I'm definitely the hopeless romantic, sentimental one in the house... :cry:

Bonnie
12-28-2009, 04:06 PM
My daughter got me a little mouse doorstop that she paid for and picked out all by herself in the 2nd or 3rd grade (she's in 8th now). I LOVE it, still have it and will always cherish it.

I'm definitely the hopeless romantic, sentimental one in the house... :cry:

He's in the 3rd grade. His teacher called my sister saying he was upset because he couldn't find his "snow" money when he went back to the store to get something. My sister thought he was through with his Christmas shopping and had taken his money out of his backpack. The teacher was kind enough to cover his expenses. He's already learning about "loans". :laugh:

One of my most precious gifts I have is a silver pendant that has my nephew's thumbprint imprinted into the silver. He was about 3 when my sister had it done.

Miss Foxy
12-28-2009, 04:37 PM

Ahh best Aunt!! That's priceless Bon*Bon...
I got the Banshee style..Correct the names are very unique!! :unsure-1:

Oddtodd76
12-28-2009, 06:21 PM
My wife bought me a 32" flat screen and a portable fish finder.
I was kinda upset that she spent that much on me. But, I guess i could keep them...you know, just to keep her happy!:laugh:

Miss Foxy
12-28-2009, 06:22 PM
I was kinda upset that she spent that much on me. But, I guess i could keep them...you know, just to keep her happy!:laugh:

Suck it up!! It's nice when women share the wealth.. Men are always expected to wine n dine us women and that's great she put forth good effort on your gift $ or not...:wink:

Crisco
12-28-2009, 06:25 PM
I was super spoiled this Christmas.

My girlfriend got me a new 32 inch 1080 p Vizio tv

earlier in the month a vita-mix blender(IT BLENDS EVERYTHING)

Mom and Girlfriend got me the entire series of Rome from HBO on DVD

Along with a bunch of other movies and stuff like that.

I got my GF a Fendi bag for her Gift and we both went and got my parents a Nintendo Wii for Christmas.

It was a really nice Christmas I enjoyed myself despite all of the drama that occured by me this year.

Will be off to Hawaii next week and got a Devils game tonight. I've been really blessed when I sit here and list all of the love I've recieved from those around me.

God bless us... EVERYONE

Blade
12-28-2009, 06:29 PM
A Toblerone, some cider I don't like and a pair of Simpson's Christmas socks that I can't even wear until next Christmas. :angry:

Play The Man
12-28-2009, 06:33 PM
In our family, the adults didn't exchange gifts in order to give more gifts to the children.

On one side of the family there was a "Secret Santa" exchange with the adults. I received a $25 Barnes & Noble gift card and a polo shirt with built-in UV protection. My parents insisted on buying me a gift - I tried to keep costs down so I requested a subscription to Popular Mechanics ($12) and a theology book from a discount book seller ($10 - marked down from $60).

Play The Man
12-28-2009, 06:35 PM

I got my GF a Fendi bag for her Gift and we both went and got my parents a Nintendo Wii for Christmas.

It was a really nice Christmas I enjoyed myself despite all of the drama that occured by me this year.

Will be off to Hawaii next week and got a Devils game tonight. I've been really blessed when I sit here and list all of the love I've recieved from those around me.

God bless us... EVERYONE

Which island are you going to?

Miss Foxy
12-28-2009, 06:36 PM

God bless us... EVERYONE

Awesome sauce!! I am so happy for you!! Glad your year is ending on a good note :happydancing:.. Be safe on your trip bro!

Crisco
12-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Which island are you going to?

The big one and a day or two on awaho or however you spell it.

rearnakedchoke
12-28-2009, 06:53 PM
well, we skipped the gifts this year as we went on a fam vacation to Cuba a week ago ... still got the kids a few things, but the trip was worth it ...

Play The Man
12-28-2009, 06:59 PM
The big one and a day or two on awaho or however you spell it.

Oahu. Are you going to train with B.J. Penn in Hilo?

Crisco
12-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Oahu. Are you going to train with B.J. Penn in Hilo?

Na at this point id get laughed out of the gym.

I'm so out of shape it's not even a joke anymore.

Play The Man
12-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Na at this point id get laughed out of the gym.

I'm so out of shape it's not even a joke anymore.

Where are you staying on Oahu? Waikiki Beach?

Mac
12-28-2009, 07:27 PM
A Toblerone, some cider I don't like and a pair of Simpson's Christmas socks that I can't even wear until next Christmas. :angry:

Love toblerones!! man now i want one .

County Mike
12-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Love toblerones!! man now i want one .

and Cider's not bad either. :)

Crisco
12-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Not sure where I am staying my Girlfriends parents have a 5 star Time share. I think we are staying at some resort.

If I don't plan vacation myself I don't know **** about them until I'm actually there I dunno it's a character flaw.

But it does take the stress out ofi t.

Shoots like a girl
12-28-2009, 08:14 PM
It was a great Christmas for me!

Husband and kids got me so CD's I really wanted and an AWESOME DALLAS CLARK jersey! Mom and Dad did the combo thing and got the hubby and I a 20" flatscreen monitor! Yay!

The best present of the season was the phone call from my nephew in Iraq. He was feeling homesick and needed a little taste of home. We got to talk for 20 minutes!

bradwright
12-28-2009, 10:10 PM
well since you asked... my wife bought me a 60 degree vokey wedge with minimal bounce.:) and my son got me a new ipod and some video editing software so i can compete with Dave now.:)
and i also received a toblerone bar as well.:)...life is very good indeed.:)

MattHughesRocks
12-28-2009, 10:44 PM
I got some beautiful stainless steel pots and pans.Super shiny and really nice! And they will last me the rest of my life since I don't even cook! :w00t:

Chuck
12-28-2009, 11:18 PM
I got some beautiful stainless steel pots and pans.Super shiny and really nice! And they will last me the rest of my life since I don't even cook! :w00t:

You're sure going to make some lucky guy very hungry!!! I mean horn....er... happy!! I meant Happy!!!!

MattHughesRocks
12-29-2009, 12:49 AM
:applause:You're sure going to make some lucky guy very hungry!!! I mean horn....er... happy!! I meant Happy!!!!

philips4
12-29-2009, 01:21 AM
You're sure going to make some lucky guy very hungry!!! I mean horn....er... happy!! I meant Happy!!!!

Wow, really?! Shiny pots and pans make a guy horn, I mean Happy!? Hmmmm ... I gotta get me some of those! I did get a shiny new wakeboard! Now that makes me, well, happy!:Whistle: Really, I can't tell you how excited I am to use it!

que
12-29-2009, 01:51 AM

huh?

a woman not cooking for her man = making him less horn... er... happy!! not more

Oddtodd76
12-29-2009, 02:53 AM
I bought my wife a coach purse...she turned into a tard!:frantics::happydancing:
I like seeing her happy. She is just as bad as my kids at christmas!

Primadawn
12-29-2009, 04:09 AM
My youngest daughter, Maggie, shopped at "Santa's Secret Shop"--similar to the Snow Store...bought me a coffee mug--pointed out that I can sip hot cocoa from it since she knows I don't drink coffee...older sister Paige shopped too--got me some stationery. Oldest daughter got me that crazy giant cupcake pan they sell on TV--how fun!

Got gift cards and money from the parents and inlaws--a great big box of estee lauder makeup from my mom.

And my soon-to-be ex-husband got me a $60 screwdriver! No joke--I was mentioning how I'd have to actually buy some household tools since they're all his--I can't even change batteries in the kids toys without a screwdriver. So he got me some Snap-on ratcheting screwdriver with interchangable heads.
Oh...and a gorgeous black diamond ring.
He's still a good guy....for someone...

Silverback
12-29-2009, 04:52 AM
I get the same thing every year, The bill's, as long as my sons have a good Christmas then it is all that matters. :happydancing::happydancing::happydancing:

Chuck
12-29-2009, 04:57 AM
My youngest daughter, Maggie, shopped at "Santa's Secret Shop"--similar to the Snow Store...bought me a coffee mug--pointed out that I can sip hot cocoa from it since she knows I don't drink coffee...older sister Paige shopped too--got me some stationery. Oldest daughter got me that crazy giant cupcake pan they sell on TV--how fun!

Got gift cards and money from the parents and inlaws--a great big box of estee lauder makeup from my mom.

And my soon-to-be ex-husband got me a $60 screwdriver! No joke--I was mentioning how I'd have to actually buy some household tools since they're all his--I can't even change batteries in the kids toys without a screwdriver. So he got me some Snap-on ratcheting screwdriver with interchangable heads.

If you ever want to sell the screw driver I'll buy it from you!

VCURamFan
12-29-2009, 06:24 AM

I get the feeling that there's more than a slight chance she may be jamming that screwdriver...somewhere...before too much longer, so you may wanna wash it off after you get it. :laugh:

I got a coupla items & a ton of cash/gift cards:

Leather gloves from the Mom & Dad
They also pre-ordered me Sam Sheridan's new book: A Fighter's Mind
On top of that, my Dad also gave me a complete collection of the State Quarters, including the 5 territories, 4 gold dollar pieces & a $2 bill
My sister & brother-in-law got me Goodfellas on DVD (been needed to add that to my collection for awhile now)
They also bought me Glenn Beck's Arguing with Idiots, but I've got about 13 other books in line before I can get to it, including...
The 4 books Nate sent me. Can't wait to dive into those.
Finally, I got $120 in assorted gift cards, cash & checks. I've decided to funnel all that into:
http://d3f8w3yx9w99q2.cloudfront.net/921/everlast-traditional-heavy-bag-punching-bag/everlast-traditional-heavy-bag-punching-bag_0_400x360.jpg
(I've got some questions about hanging it, but that can be done in another thread (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=89922#post89922))

Any extra money left over will go towards Band of Brothers.

Primadawn
12-29-2009, 01:34 PM

I seriously thought the screwdriver was a thoughtful gift! :laugh:

Hope he wasn't giving it to me as a sign of things to come! :ninja:

Twinsmama
12-29-2009, 02:07 PM
I don't buy myself stuff during the year so Christmas is when I get spoiled. I love unwrapping presents as much as the kids. Even though it's always stuff for the house....Rich feels bad buying me house stuff but if it makes my life easier I'm happy! I got pots/pans, new deep fryer, new pants and a digital picture frame for my office. What actually made me happy was that he took the kids shopping about 2 weeks before Christmas and didn't even tell me. He is not usually thoughtful so that made me happy. I'm easily impressed.

The kids told me that he went shopping and that made me so happy I bought him a new pistol he has been wanting.....it justed dawned on me that I may have been set up....?!?

Bonnie
12-29-2009, 02:40 PM
I don't buy myself stuff during the year so Christmas is when I get spoiled. I love unwrapping presents as much as the kids. Even though it's always stuff for the house....Rich feels bad buying me house stuff but if it makes my life easier I'm happy! I got pots/pans, new deep fryer, new pants and a digital picture frame for my office. What actually made me happy was that he took the kids shopping about 2 weeks before Christmas and didn't even tell me. He is not usually thoughtful so that made me happy. I'm easily impressed.

The kids told me that he went shopping and that made me so happy I bought him a new pistol he has been wanting.....it justed dawned on me that I may have been set up....?!?

:laugh:

I'm the same way, if their is something really big $-wise we need or that will make life easier for me, I'm all for it. If we get something big for ourselves or the house prior to Christmas, anniversary or birthdays, we just say that's part of or our gift. This year I told my hubby to wait on my gift (my ipod) and let's concentrate on the kids (our nieces and nephew). I'll get my gift this coming month in January. Plus, we already knew we are going to have major house repair--two broken pipes on either side of the house and the insurance already gearing up to "refuse". :rolleyes: If that agent tells me one more time how many $1000s they are spending on reports for our problem....:angry:

I think I need to borrow Dawn's screwdriver. :ninja:

Black Mamba
12-29-2009, 09:09 PM
What I got:

Macbook Pro (along with extra 3 yr warranty)
Several Wii games (got Call of Duty Modern Warfare:happydancing: )
stuff from Federicks of Hollywood (underwear and corset)
lots of perfumes and lotions from VS and Bath and Booty
Lots of clothes
My Boots :happydancing:
A custom sign that says dramaqueen
some naughty food molds (really naughty:ninja: )
a very beautiful jewlery set from Boomer (earrings, bracelet, necklace, ring, and earrings)
Dissection kit (scapel, scissors, needles, dropper, and ruler)
2 semesters of school
Textbooks
and.... a really hot lab teacher :D

I get most of this stuff throughout the year for doing good in school and helping my Momma out. So Christmas for me isn't on Dec. 25th.

Black Mamba
12-29-2009, 09:14 PM

Snap On is a good brand, along with Craftsman. Lifetime warranty, just go into a store and exchange the jacked up one no questions asked.

A black diamond! Wow. :shocked: I've only seen those are online at VS. One year they had it on their super expensive bra.

Josh
01-02-2010, 04:36 AM
In our family, the adults didn't exchange gifts in order to give more gifts to the children.

On one side of the family there was a "Secret Santa" exchange with the adults. I received a $25 Barnes & Noble gift card and a polo shirt with built-in UV protection. My parents insisted on buying me a gift - I tried to keep costs down so I requested a subscription to Popular Mechanics ($12) and a theology book from a discount book seller ($10 - marked down from $60). What book?

Tyburn
01-02-2010, 04:59 PM
I'll show you, coz I did a video of it :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaczIFf3ZIc

Play The Man
01-02-2010, 07:40 PM
What book?

http://www.daedalusbooks.com/Products/Detail.asp?ProductID=78078&Media=Book&SubCategoryID=&ReturnUrl=%2FProducts%2FSearch%2FHomeQuickSearchRe sult.asp%3FSearch%3Dluther%26Media%3D%26image1.x%3 D0%26image1.y%3D0

I used my Barnes & Noble gift card to buy:

The Spirit of Christmas - A History of Best-Loved Carols (Free CD enclosed) (50% off after Christmas!)
The Anatomy of Motive - The FBI's Legendary Mindhunter Explores The Key To Understanding And Catching Violent Criminals
The Canterbury Tales - A Retelling by Peter Ackroyd

Of course the gift card ran out so I fired up the credit card and also bought:

Counterfeit Gods - The Empty Promises of Money, Sex, and Power, and the Only Hope That Matters by Tim Keller
The Ten Big Lies About America by Michael Medved
The Five Big Lies About American Business by Michael Medved
The Heritage Guide To The Constitution
William Shakespeare Complete Works - Commissioned by The Royal Shakespeare Company
The Annotated Christmas Carol

Josh
01-02-2010, 09:32 PM
http://www.daedalusbooks.com/Products/Detail.asp?ProductID=78078&Media=Book&SubCategoryID=&ReturnUrl=%2FProducts%2FSearch%2FHomeQuickSearchRe sult.asp%3FSearch%3Dluther%26Media%3D%26image1.x%3 D0%26image1.y%3D0

I used my Barnes & Noble gift card to buy:

The Spirit of Christmas - A History of Best-Loved Carols (Free CD enclosed) (50% off after Christmas!)
The Anatomy of Motive - The FBI's Legendary Mindhunter Explores The Key To Understanding And Catching Violent Criminals
The Canterbury Tales - A Retelling by Peter Ackroyd

Of course the gift card ran out so I fired up the credit card and also bought:

Counterfeit Gods - The Empty Promises of Money, Sex, and Power, and the Only Hope That Matters by Tim Keller
The Ten Big Lies About America by Michael Medved
The Five Big Lies About American Business by Michael Medved
The Heritage Guide To The Constitution
William Shakespeare Complete Works - Commissioned by The Royal Shakespeare Company
The Annotated Christmas Carol

I have some of Luther's stuff too. Bondage of the will is excellent.

lyndsey823
01-05-2010, 07:48 AM
I'm a little late in replying to this, been busy moving and haven't been around here in weeks!! Ugh, the joys of break ups!! lol. Well, lets see, what did I get. My parents tend to go a little Christmas Crazy.

-Maui Jim sunglasses
-$350 American Eagle gift card
-Tiffany and Co. Infinity symbol necklace
-Lots of new clothes
-Antique jewelry box to put my great grandmother's costume jewelry in
-4 new Miraculous bras from Victoria's Secret, which I have to say are the greatest bra to ever come out of that store, lol
-Set of hard cover Twilight series books (yes, i am a total DORK!! i know this)
-New car stereo so I can hook my iPhone up in my car now
-Lots of good stuff from Bath and Body Works
-Gift certificate for a cut and color from my hair stylist
-Ticket to Vegas in February for my friends bachelorette party
-$200

Primadawn
01-05-2010, 11:47 AM
I'm a little late in replying to this, been busy moving and haven't been around here in weeks!! Ugh, the joys of break ups!! lol. Well, lets see, what did I get. My parents tend to go a little Christmas Crazy.

-Maui Jim sunglasses
-Lots of new clothes
-4 new Miraculous bras from Victoria's Secret, which I have to say are the greatest bra to ever come out of that store, lol
-$200

I want to be adopted by your parents!

County Mike
01-05-2010, 12:02 PM

-Maui Jim sunglasses
-Lots of new clothes
-$200

Pics or shens

Chuck
01-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Pics or shens

This!

CAMPO
01-05-2010, 02:30 PM

They do don't they? I got my hubby a pair of VZ's & they are the style "Sidekick" (I think) - I love them on him!! :)

CAMPO
01-05-2010, 02:32 PM

-Maui Jim sunglasses
-Lots of new clothes
-$200

WOW girlie!! That's awesome :)

CAMPO
01-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Lets see...I got a watch, an amazing coat from White House-Black Market,and some cash-o-la! ;) OH & my hubby & I went to Vegas (went to a Cirque du Soleil show, did a zipline - which was totally awesome & we stayed at the beautiful Mirage!!)

Miss Foxy
01-05-2010, 04:13 PM

-Maui Jim sunglasses
-Lots of new clothes
-$200
Ohhh Twilight!! I am reading "Breaking Dawn." BTW I drive like a CULLEN!!!

lyndsey823
01-07-2010, 07:11 AM
I want to be adopted by your parents!

lol, my mom will totally adopt you!! all my friends say the same thing.

mikthehick
01-07-2010, 09:12 PM
I got a mandolin, $, a gift card, some Green Bay Packers stuff.

Oh yeah, Vince Lombardi came back from the dead to give me and my brother cheeseheads!!!

jk--my dad just wrote "To: Kim From: Vince Lombardi" on the tag, but it was still pretty cool. He was the Packers coach for 10 years, then a Redskins coach until his death in 1970. He's one of the best coaches in football history.

Tyburn
01-07-2010, 09:14 PM
welcome back :)

CAMPO
01-13-2010, 09:41 PM
I got a very nice Christmas gift from my good friend Maria. She is awesome...it means so very much that she thought of me....and I know she checks this forum sometimes (I'm telling her as many ways as I can!!!), I REALLY hope she knows how much I appreciate and love my present.
....I'd say it "fits me to a T" :wink:

:) :)

:wub:

*smooches*

County Mike
01-13-2010, 09:42 PM
I got a very nice Christmas gift from my good friend Maria. She is awesome...it means so very much that she thought of me....and I know she checks this forum sometimes (I'm telling her as many ways as I can!!!), I REALLY hope she knows how much I appreciate and love my present.
....I'd say it "fits me to a T" :wink:

:) :)

:wub:

*smooches*

Is it a bikini?

Pics or shens.

Chuck
01-13-2010, 10:36 PM
Is it a bikini?

Pics or shens.

+1 :D

flo
01-13-2010, 11:19 PM

:):) You are too funny!