PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Resolutions?

Play The Man
12-28-2009, 02:09 AM
Serious question. Do you have any resolutions for 2010?

TexasRN
12-28-2009, 12:49 PM
I have never been one to make formal resolutions but I do try every year to make the next year better for myself and those I love.

~Amy

County Mike
12-28-2009, 01:48 PM
I don't make new years resolutions. I do notice a lot more people in the gym January and February though. Usually gets less crowded again in March when most of them give up.

Shoots like a girl
12-28-2009, 08:15 PM
I quit smoking 2 years ago and gained too much weight so my "goal" this year is to lose the weight! Wish me luck!

Chuck
12-28-2009, 08:22 PM
I quit smoking 2 years ago and gained too much weight so my "goal" this year is to lose the weight! Wish me luck!

Want me to buy you a pack of smokes?? :D

Silverback
12-28-2009, 08:34 PM

I wish you the very best and all the luck , but luck dont have anything to do with it, I have lost 87 lbs in the last 2 years, went thru some bad times the ending of a marriage, my mother not doing well and took a long look at myself and got in the gym, at first it was hard, went everyday and it started to get better, then got to a point where I am addicted. I also go with my 21 year old son and that is very special, and have been rolling with Mark on occasion, so get your head in it and you can do anything you set your mind to. So my resolution is to buckle down and loss the last 20 lbs.:happydancing::happydancing::happydancing:

Shoots like a girl
12-28-2009, 08:42 PM

Some days I would kill for just one smoke!!!! hehe But thanks for your support CHUCK!

Miss Foxy
12-28-2009, 08:45 PM
To lose about 40lbs so I can have that skull n bones look...:)

CAVEMAN
12-28-2009, 09:26 PM
My New Years Resolution is to be a better Christian, Father, Husband, Worker, Coach, and Teacher than I was the year before.:)

Oddtodd76
12-28-2009, 11:18 PM
My wife and I's resolution is to pay off all of our bills...up to the house and cars. Then it will be to work on paying off the cars.(that part won't get completed this coming year tho)

Chuck
12-28-2009, 11:20 PM

:blink:

Oddtodd76
12-28-2009, 11:21 PM

I sport that look! It's a good look!:laugh:

Chuck
12-28-2009, 11:23 PM
I sport that look! It's a good look!:laugh:

For a tree....

a corpse.....

a fishing pole.....

a flag pole....

a stick.....

an Ethiopian marathon runner.....

but NOT for a hot chick!!!!!! :scared0015:

bradwright
12-28-2009, 11:59 PM
My wife and I's resolution is to pay off all of our bills...up to the house and cars. Then it will be to work on paying off the cars.(that part won't get completed this coming year tho)

my New Year's resolution is to get you Todd to pay off all my bills as well.:)...just give me your address and i will send them on down so you can get to work on them right away ! !:):laugh:....no ?:unsure-1:....please ?:sad:

Oddtodd76
12-29-2009, 01:00 AM
my New Year's resolution is to get you Todd to pay off all my bills as well.:)...just give me your address and i will send them on down so you can get to work on them right away ! !:):laugh:....no ?:unsure-1:....please ?:sad:

Yes. Forward them to me. After i catch my bills up, i don't want the government catching on that i have money! Then Obama will want to tax the people that don't have bills.
I can at least make it look like i have bills. Sorry tho, i won't be paying your bills.

Oddtodd76
12-29-2009, 01:02 AM
For a tree....me hunting

a corpse.....me after work

a fishing pole.....usually attached to me

a flag pole....me again

a stick.....definitely me

an Ethiopian marathon runner.....me in high school cross country

:laugh:

Primadawn
12-29-2009, 04:28 AM
This year, my New Year's Resolution is just to get through it.

Mac
12-29-2009, 04:47 AM

ohhhh , chuck beat me to it LOL.

Silverback
12-29-2009, 05:01 AM
ohhhh , chuck beat me to it LOL.

Chuck and Mac you guys are cold,:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

Miss Foxy
12-29-2009, 03:49 PM
For a tree....

a corpse.....

a fishing pole.....

a flag pole....

a stick.....

an Ethiopian marathon runner.....

Lol.. I just want to get that look so I can see what it feels like. I have a thick curvy look and I am sick of it! :scared0011:

Twinsmama
12-29-2009, 04:19 PM
I agree w/ Chuck. curves are hot. i like women w/ some meat on their bones. dont' get too skinny!!!

I just want to be healthier! my last pepsi was about 1 month ago. No more for me. I am starting to run so hopefully i can do 5K runs. I actually look forward to going for a run....peace and quiet. I called my husband when I was about 2 miles from home and said come get me.....my IPod died!!! he laughed and that was a long run home w/ no tunes!!

Boomer
12-29-2009, 04:25 PM
Mine was to NOT go back to the middle east ... but matt already blew that one for me. :dry:

Miss Foxy
12-29-2009, 04:26 PM
I agree w/ Chuck. curves are hot. i like women w/ some meat on their bones. dont' get too skinny!!!

I just want to be healthier! my last pepsi was about 1 month ago. No more for me. I am starting to run so hopefully i can do 5K runs. I actually look forward to going for a run....peace and quiet. I called my husband when I was about 2 miles from home and said come get me.....my IPod died!!! he laughed and that was a long run home w/ no tunes!!

Thanks mama.. And wow thats awesome that you run!! Yeah no tunes suck royal ****..lol.. :)

Miss Foxy
12-29-2009, 04:28 PM
Mine was to NOT go back to the middle east ... but matt already blew that one for me. :dry:

Where is the fight again in Abu Dhabi? What's hilarious is when I read your post the song "Killing in an Arab" by the Cure was playing lol.. :ninja:

Oddtodd76
12-29-2009, 06:13 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Oddtodd76
12-29-2009, 06:14 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, i was hoping for Chicago or somewhere close!

Shoots like a girl
12-29-2009, 07:19 PM
I wish you the very best and all the luck , but luck dont have anything to do with it, I have lost 87 lbs in the last 2 years, went thru some bad times the ending of a marriage, my mother not doing well and took a long look at myself and got in the gym, at first it was hard, went everyday and it started to get better, then got to a point where I am addicted. I also go with my 21 year old son and that is very special, and have been rolling with Mark on occasion, so get your head in it and you can do anything you set your mind to. So my resolution is to buckle down and loss the last 20 lbs.:happydancing::happydancing::happydancing:

The encouragement is amazing! THANK YOU!!! I learned a few things about nutrician(sp?) when I first came here and Ive already lost some. This group of people is awesome! So glad I found you!!!:)

Jonlion
12-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Clear off Debt

Get fitter

Get a new job

Keep pressing into the Lord

VCURamFan
12-29-2009, 08:38 PM

Hahaha, that guy must really hate you or something, huh BoomTown? :laugh:

As for my resolution, they are two-fold:
1) Get a job so I can start paying my parents back
2) Get back to training BJJ & hopefully start into MT/Boxing

Black Mamba
12-29-2009, 08:49 PM
Lol.. I just want to get that look so I can see what it feels like. I have a thick curvy look and I am sick of it! :scared0011:

Curves are beautiful. :) Love them, have them, and can't live without them. I can understand if you want to tone down, which is what I've been doing for the past 4 years (water aerobics, Wii, and yoga). But definitely don't lose the curves. It's what makes you. Don't put pressure on yourself to make a size -1. Embrace your body, and love you. Like what Ru Paul said, "If you can't love yourself, then how in the hell can you love someone else?"

Black Mamba
12-29-2009, 08:52 PM
My resolution is not to make any resolutions. I just want to pass all my classes, have a healthy family, and if I have get it, have a safe knee surgery. That's still up in the air right now, but I cannot close the door on that possibilty.

Miss Foxy
12-29-2009, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the advice!! :wink:Curves are beautiful. :) Love them, have them, and can't live without them. I can understand if you want to tone down, which is what I've been doing for the past 4 years (water aerobics, Wii, and yoga). But definitely don't lose the curves. It's what makes you. Don't put pressure on yourself to make a size -1. Embrace your body, and love you. Like what Ru Paul said, "If you can't love yourself, then how in the hell can you love someone else?"

VCURamFan
12-29-2009, 08:56 PM
My resolution is not to make any resolutions. I just want to pass all my classes, have a healthy family, and if I have get it, have a safe knee surgery. That's still up in the air right now, but I cannot close the door on that possibilty.

What kind of knee surgery do you need? I had part of my meniscus removed in '04, my brother had is ACL repaired in '05, my buddy just had a joint bone fragment removal/meniscul repair this morning & it looks like my sister will need to have her meniscus repaired as well once she's done breast-feeding baby Robyn (did I happen to mention that I'm a 4x uncle as of 6 weeks ago? :happydancing:).

Chuck
12-29-2009, 11:16 PM
Keep pressing into the Lord

Get a new job

Clear off Debt

Get fitter

Fixed.... :Whistle:

MattHughesRocks
12-29-2009, 11:35 PM
Eat more meat! :w00t:

Black Mamba
12-30-2009, 02:09 AM
What kind of knee surgery do you need? I had part of my meniscus removed in '04, my brother had is ACL repaired in '05, my buddy just had a joint bone fragment removal/meniscul repair this morning & it looks like my sister will need to have her meniscus repaired as well once she's done breast-feeding baby Robyn (did I happen to mention that I'm a 4x uncle as of 6 weeks ago? :happydancing:).

Awwww, congrats. :cool:

Holy poop. :blink: That's nuts. You, your siblings and buddy are rough on their body. I'm getting a MRI this Saturday to see what's up. The docs think it may be Jumper's Knee, but I've waited 4 years on it because I was fearful of surgery. I may have done more damage by waiting. I'll get a definitive answer as to what's up soon.

Llamafighter
12-30-2009, 12:59 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
sorry, but that's funny.

I don't make resolutions, but I do take a moment as the clock is counting down to take a deep breath, say goodbye to the previous year and think about all my goals for the next year.

Congrats on being a 4x uncle, Ben. I'm a 5x-er and I freaking love it!

cubsfan47
12-30-2009, 02:59 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

VCURamFan
12-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Awwww, congrats. :cool:

Holy poop. :blink: That's nuts. You, your siblings and buddy are rough on their body. I'm getting a MRI this Saturday to see what's up. The docs think it may be Jumper's Knee, but I've waited 4 years on it because I was fearful of surgery. I may have done more damage by waiting. I'll get a definitive answer as to what's up soon.Yeah, I wrecked my knee at a New Years Eve party in London my Senior year of high school. Thanks to the AWESOME universal medical care in England, all I had for the rest of the week was ibuprofen & a ace bandage while I trekked up & down castles & all over the country-side. HURRAH FOR OBAMA CARE! :frantics:

I'm sure you'll be fine. The surgery's real quick & is no problem.

Congrats on being a 4x uncle, Ben. I'm a 5x-er and I freaking love it!Yeah, I'll be a 5x-er in June when my brother & sister-in-law have their first. :happydancing:

cheachea
12-30-2009, 06:53 PM
To get my stuff together and actually start training in BJJ. I lift weights and go to the gym so I'm in shape but I really just want to have the balls to get in there and roll. I can't figure out why it's such a challenge for me. Maybe I'm too homophobic or something. Maybe it's the fear of being choked out by a woman and being completly humiliated. I don't know what it is but I hate that I feel this way.

Jonlion
12-30-2009, 07:04 PM
Fixed.... :Whistle:

It was at the bottom to add emphasis!

:wink:

Miss Foxy
12-30-2009, 07:40 PM
Along with the body transformation which I highly doubt will occur..:unsure-1:lol.. I want to stop being so aggressive. I am nice, but when I get mad I can't help it..:punch: I need to not be so prejudice...:ashamed:

VCURamFan
12-30-2009, 07:42 PM
Along with the body transformation which I highly doubt will occur..:unsure-1:lol.. I want to stop being so aggressive. I am nice, but when I get mad I can't help it..:punch: I need to not be so predjudice...:ashamed:
Just so long as you stay the same fiery angry Hughes fan on here & deal with all the annoying trolls for us, I think we're good. :wink:

Miss Foxy
12-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Just so long as you stay the same fiery angry Hughes fan on here & deal with all the annoying trolls for us, I think we're good. :wink:

Oh yeah I will go round and round with anyone that talks or attempts to talk about Matt...HUGHES that is.. :wink:

Rev
12-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Along with the body transformation which I highly doubt will occur..:unsure-1:lol.. I want to stop being so aggressive. I am nice, but when I get mad I can't help it..:punch: I need to not be so prejudice...:ashamed:

Why do you hate us honkeys?:sad:
What did we ever do to you?

Rev
12-30-2009, 08:19 PM
I have never made a New Years resolution, but this year I am. I am gonna get back down to 175lbs and get my quarter mile sprint back under a min.

Miss Foxy
12-30-2009, 08:33 PM
Why do you hate us honkeys?:sad:
What did we ever do to you?

Oh no I am 1/2 your kind buddy.. It's against others..lol.

mikthehick
12-30-2009, 08:35 PM
I don't make NY resolutions b/c I can't keep them.

I just finished losing almost 25 pounds, so now that the weight it off, just getting lean and mean is the plan :)

I think just keeping each day holy, giving it all up to God, and living life the best I can is what I will continue doing.

Miss Foxy
12-30-2009, 08:36 PM
I don't make NY resolutions b/c I can't keep them.

I just finished losing almost 25 pounds, so now that the weight it off, just getting lean and mean is the plan :)

I think just keeping each day holy, giving it all up to God, and living life the best I can is what I will continue doing.

Congrats Kimmie on your 25lb loss you must look good!! Oh btw I seen your girl Khloe Kardashian-Odom at the Laker game. Wow, she is hot!!

mikthehick
12-31-2009, 04:55 AM
Yeah Miss Foxy, i have seen her too on the tv show. I dunno, but that family gets more annoying on tv every time i see them now...maybe I'm just growing out of it!

Miss Foxy
12-31-2009, 01:52 PM
Yeah Miss Foxy, i have seen her too on the tv show. I dunno, but that family gets more annoying on tv every time i see them now...maybe I'm just growing out of it!

She is the only one I actually like.. I cannot for the life of me stand Kim & Kourtney is an idiot...

Tyburn
01-01-2010, 12:31 PM
I need to get a new job :)