PDA

View Full Version : On the run British Escapee updates his facebook...

Spiritwalker
12-24-2009, 03:54 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/12/23/uk.fugitive.facebook.prison/index.html

:laugh::scared0015::cry:

Sad Funny and scary all at the same time...

London, England (CNN) -- British police have appealed for information about the whereabouts of an escaped prisoner who has been telling the world via Facebook about his life as a fugitive.

Craig Lynch, 28, escaped Hollesley Bay open prison near Suffolk, eastern England, back in September, but has continued to update his Facebook status regularly -- describing everything from his meals to who his next girlfriend will be.

County Mike
12-24-2009, 11:19 AM
What's an "open prison"? I guess it was a little TOO OPEN since he managed to escape.

Blade
12-24-2009, 01:00 PM
What's an "open prison"? I guess it was a little TOO OPEN since he managed to escape.

It's a prison with more relaxed rules and privileges for inmates who are well-behaved or nearing the end of their sentences. The 'open' part refers to the fact that as part of their re-integration back into society, the inmates are allowed out into the community on a day or weekend release occasionally and they have to return by a set time on a specified date, so I guess this guy either didn't go back to the prison when he was supposed to or if he was being accompanied he gave the guy the slip.