PDA

View Full Version : Justice Is Served! 'Balloon Boy' Parents Get Jail Time, 4 Years Probation

billwilliams70
12-23-2009, 05:53 PM
A Colorado judge sentenced 'Balloon Boy' father Richard Heene to 90 days in jail and four years probation Wednesday.

Read more here.... (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,580948,00.html)

Later.

Shoots like a girl
12-23-2009, 07:58 PM
The problem is he will serve the first 30 days of his sentence in jail and then the last 60 days he will spend weekends and nights in jail so that he will be able to work during the day. I just dont feel like this is stiff enough. I was disappointed in the sentencing. :angry:

Miss Foxy
12-23-2009, 09:09 PM
The problem is he will serve the first 30 days of his sentence in jail and then the last 60 days he will spend weekends and nights in jail so that he will be able to work during the day. I just dont feel like this is stiff enough. I was disappointed in the sentencing. :angry:
I agree with you 100% this is a weak sentence!!

MattHughesRocks
12-23-2009, 09:15 PM
The sentence may not be long but I think it served it's point.

J.B.
12-23-2009, 09:26 PM
I think sending them to jail is kind of dumb.

Sure, they deserved to be punished, but why waste MORE resources on these people? The best punishment would be to make them pay back every penny they cost the authorities while they were chasing down an empty balloon and also force them to make an embarrassing public apology.

Spiritwalker
12-23-2009, 09:30 PM
The sentence PLUS paying for the "search and rescue" operation... would be more apt..

Chuck
12-24-2009, 02:10 AM
I think sending them to jail is kind of dumb.

Sure, they deserved to be punished, but why waste MORE resources on these people? The best punishment would be to make them pay back every penny they cost the authorities while they were chasing down an empty balloon and also force them to make an embarrassing public apology.

Agreed... What they did was stupid but not too criminal IMO...

The biggest thing we can do to punish this couple is to forget about them completely.