PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Matt Hughes Moment.

AMJ
12-23-2009, 06:08 AM
I'm sure this thread has been done a few times, oh well.

When he came back from that cheap shot and slammed/submitted trigg could easily be considered as one of the most epic moments in any MMA fight.

Llamafighter
12-23-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm sure this thread has been done a few times, oh well.

When he came back from that cheap shot and slammed/submitted trigg could easily be considered as one of the most epic moments in any MMA fight.

I agree. at the live events they put that moment in the intro video at the perfect time.

Only because I was there I loved the moment when Hughes recovered from the headbutt and took Serra down with authority and nearly subbed him. that was awesome, and my voice box nearly ended up on the mat next to them.:happydancing:

County Mike
12-23-2009, 01:43 PM
Carlos Newton slam. That's the fight that got me interested in watching Matt's other fights.

VCURamFan
12-23-2009, 01:51 PM
I agree. at the live events they put that moment in the intro video at the perfect time.

Only because I was there I loved the moment when Hughes recovered from the headbutt and took Serra down with authority and nearly subbed him. that was awesome, and my voice box nearly ended up on the mat next to them.:happydancing:
Yeah, I didn't like seeing that part live 'cause my dinner, lunch,breakfast & most of my GI tract almost ended up next to your voice box. :sick:

My favorite moment is actually all the way back in UFC 26 when he fought Marcelo Aguiar. He's got Aguiar on his back, mashed up against the cage, right in front of Jeremy & all the rest of the guys in his corner. On the PPV, you can clearly hear them very calmly & matter of factly giving him directions and advice & then a split second later, you'll see Matt enact it. My favorite bit is when you hear Jeremy say "Hold onto his left wrist with your right hand & then throw the right elbow without letting go of his wrist." 2sec later, *clamp* goes the hand on the wrist, *slam* goes the elbow into the into the forehead, *squirt* goes the blood, "TIME!" goes the ref & then "He's done" goes the doc! :happydancing:

I dunno why, but I just love clearly hearing the great coaching & then being able to watch Matt employ it so perfectly & terribly effectively in the cage. It's awesome.

Spiritwalker
12-23-2009, 02:13 PM
Those were great,, I have to admit.. but I have several,....

When Trigg (aka Sir-Chokes-Alot)... blew the kiss at Matt during the stare down... and the shove Matt gave him.. you "KNEW'... the fight was going to be REALLY one sided...

When Matt took down Royce.. I was like.."OMG!!! WTF is he doing..." I cringed.. and then with the second hearbeat.."Why would he be worried".. turned out there was no "secret Gracie move"....

I really apperciated how Matt is no-nonsense during coaching..and how he told "what's his name" on his first coaching of TUF.. "Just hold the fence up for another 5 minutes".. How Matt would needle GSP over sushi.. making Baby Jay's face into playdough.. Or RUNNING with Trigg on his shoulder...

Damn.. there is just SOOOO many!!!

Chris F
12-23-2009, 07:32 PM
The crucifix on BJ

3dlee
12-23-2009, 09:44 PM
imma go with that final second sub of gsp since some of the others are taken

Play The Man
12-23-2009, 11:32 PM
Carlos Newton slam. That's the fight that got me interested in watching Matt's other fights.

Agree.

Tyburn
12-23-2009, 11:36 PM
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5436/51622620.png (http://img156.imageshack.us/i/51622620.png/)

about four seconds later :)

Spiritwalker
12-24-2009, 01:44 AM
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5436/51622620.png (http://img156.imageshack.us/i/51622620.png/)

about four seconds later :)

Is that UFC 45... or 52.. I disremember.. :laugh:

cheachea
12-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Yeah, I didn't like seeing that part live 'cause my dinner, lunch,breakfast & most of my GI tract almost ended up next to your voice box. :sick:

My favorite moment is actually all the way back in UFC 26 when he fought Marcelo Aguiar. He's got Aguiar on his back, mashed up against the cage, right in front of Jeremy & all the rest of the guys in his corner. On the PPV, you can clearly hear them very calmly & matter of factly giving him directions and advice & then a split second later, you'll see Matt enact it. My favorite bit is when you hear Jeremy say "Hold onto his left wrist with your right hand & then throw the right elbow without letting go of his wrist." 2sec later, *clamp* goes the hand on the wrist, *slam* goes the elbow into the into the forehead, *squirt* goes the blood, "TIME!" goes the ref & then "He's done" goes the doc! :happydancing:

I dunno why, but I just love clearly hearing the great coaching & then being able to watch Matt employ it so perfectly & terribly effectively in the cage. It's awesome.

I kid you not, I was watching that fight a couple of days ago and thought about posting something on it LOL.
I would have to say the Trigg 2 slam takes the cake. I also like the superman punch he did against Hayato Sakurai.

Tyburn
12-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Is that UFC 45... or 52.. I disremember.. :laugh:

its the first one....must be 45 :laugh:

Seeing Trigg feld like some kinda tree was really strange :laugh:

One never gets tiered of watch Frank Trigg get choked out :laugh:

Llamafighter
12-24-2009, 01:08 PM
I love the walk to the cage for the 2nd Trigg fight. This is the one that Mark surprised matt in Vegas, right? I rewatched it after hearing that story and it's cool to see the brothers go to war together.

Miss Foxy
12-24-2009, 03:58 PM
Goodness I can't limit my favorite Matt moment:blink:.. However I will say I loved at his last fight against Serra how stupid Serra looked when the fight was found in favor of Mr. Hughes.. To me seeing Serra's look of disbelief and embarrassment was great and Matt was so humble.. Oooh it burned Serra and his camp!!! :laugh::laugh:

rearnakedchoke
12-24-2009, 06:54 PM
Goodness I can't limit my favorite Matt moment:blink:.. However I will say I loved at his last fight against Serra how stupid Serra looked when the fight was found in favor of Mr. Hughes.. To me seeing Serra's look of disbelief and embarrassment was great and Matt was so humble.. Oooh it burned Serra and his camp!!! :laugh::laugh:

that was funny .... especially cuz he thinks he won the fight ...

my fav was the newton slam also ... when miletich said something to him after about the triangle, matt's response was "i was out" ... LOL .. still the only person to win via KO when being out ... hahaha ... oh, and also newton's comments afterward saying he was conscious and waiting for the ref to pull the unconscious matt off him ... LOL ...

one thing i give to carlos in that fight was the sickest sweep from full guard to mount ... too bad he got beat down twice for it ... LOL