PDA

View Full Version : Cung Le

Crisco
12-21-2009, 07:19 PM
Anyone else really excited to play as him in EA MMA lol.

His kicks are vicious haha.

Llamafighter
12-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Anyone else really excited to play as him in EA MMA lol.

His kicks are vicious haha.

They're flashy but didn't seem to do a lot of damage. I have to watch some of his K-1 fights.
I wonder if Scott Smith will get power-ups as soon as his power gets down below 5 percent.:laugh:

Crisco
12-21-2009, 08:21 PM
They're flashy but didn't seem to do a lot of damage. I have to watch some of his K-1 fights.
I wonder if Scott Smith will get power-ups as soon as his power gets down below 5 percent.:laugh:

His spinning back kicks where putting smith on his ass the whole fight bro.

Llamafighter
12-21-2009, 09:16 PM

I thought that was more because of knocking him off balance than causing physical pain that was dropping Smith. The first one looked the worst. But none of them looked like the body kick Vera hit Randy with.
I could be wrong.

Crisco
12-21-2009, 10:41 PM
I thought that was more because of knocking him off balance than causing physical pain that was dropping Smith. The first one looked the worst. But none of them looked like the body kick Vera hit Randy with.
I could be wrong.

We all know Muay Thai beats any other striking art in power and effectiveness any day of the week but what makes the kicks vicious is that they come from all kinds of angles and unorthodox combo's.

When someone is VERY good at the kicks they become deadly. It's not like anyone can go out there and throw a spinning back head kick and have it work haha.

Just saying :ninja::laugh:

Llamafighter
12-21-2009, 11:27 PM
We all know Muay Thai beats any other striking art in power and effectiveness any day of the week but what makes the kicks vicious is that they come from all kinds of angles and unorthodox combo's.

When someone is VERY good at the kicks they become deadly. It's not like anyone can go out there and throw a spinning back head kick and have it work haha.

Just saying :ninja::laugh:

I just read your entire post as though Joe Rogan was screaming it at me from the television!

Those kicks sure are fun to watch. accurate as anything

atomdanger
12-22-2009, 12:01 AM

His "big kick" hit smiths arms,
the forced knocked him off balance, but Cung lacked the skill and power to finish.

Flashy, but not practical.

atomdanger
12-22-2009, 12:03 AM

Le has never fought in K1.
He is a Sanshou champion, but is only 16 - 0 in that.

My bad, he has 3 K - 1 fights.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
12-22-2009, 08:03 AM
He had enough power in his kicks to break Frank Shamrock's arm!

Llamafighter
12-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Le has never fought in K1.
He is a Sanshou champion, but is only 16 - 0 in that.

My bad, he has 3 K - 1 fights.

:cool:

Spiritwalker
12-24-2009, 06:14 AM
I finally saw the fight..

WOW... Le was KILLING Smith...

I wouldn't have had a problem with a first round stoppage.. Smith wasn't defending at all..

Trust me.. those kicks have power.. but spinning kicks should be delivered when the attacker is coming in.. doubles the power almost.. but Scott was starting to run.. diffused some of the power.. Le needs work on his ground game..

I do like Scott, but Damn.. Le had that fight.. just got caught.. and then it's over..

Nice fight!!!

wavetar
12-24-2009, 01:21 PM
I guess there's a good reason they call him 'Hands of Steel'. I didn't see the fight, but I gather it was similar to his KO of Pete Sell?

Spiritwalker
12-24-2009, 11:34 PM
I guess there's a good reason they call him 'Hands of Steel'. I didn't see the fight, but I gather it was similar to his KO of Pete Sell?

Not as dramatic, but yeah.. Hands down.. that was Cung Le's fight.. then Scott clipped him a good one...

KENTUCKYREDBONE
12-26-2009, 12:43 AM
I finally seen that fight online and Cung was nailing him through out the fight with vicious kicks to the body! Then it looked to me like he may have been gassing abit so he tried to Box Smith! Well I think Y'All know what happens when Smith catches somebody clean! As far as F Shamrock saying they don't hurt he's full of it! I don't think their is very many fighters that can take the kicks like Scott Smith did either!

Spiritwalker
12-26-2009, 01:15 AM
I finally seen that fight online and Cung was nailing him through out the fight with vicious kicks to the body! Then it looked to me like he may have been gassing abit so he tried to Box Smith! Well I think Y'All know what happens when Smith catches somebody clean! As far as F Shamrock saying they don't hurt he's full of it! I don't think their is very many fighters that can take the kicks like Scott Smith did either!

I thought Shamrock was sooo full of it with his commentating

KENTUCKYREDBONE
12-28-2009, 01:53 AM
I thought Shamrock was sooo full of it with his commentating

Yeah,I've heard both Shamrock's commentate and decided that Ken was much better at it than Frank!

StizzoFoShizzo
12-28-2009, 08:12 AM
LoL cungs kicks don't hurt at all, I just couldn't finish my fight with him because those same kicks broke my arm!

Frank shamrock is a joke. In the words of Max.....Him and renallo(spelling?) both need to just quit liFe!!!