PDA

View Full Version : Irritating office peeves!!!

Miss Foxy
12-21-2009, 05:46 PM
I am soooo annoyed here at work...I have my headset off and I have to listen to the sounds of people sneezing and when I say God Bless they ignore me!!!!!! Urr and also people walking around not picking up they're feet the sound is so annoying!! dragging n shuffling...RAAWWWRR...What other peeves do you have?

County Mike
12-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Sounds like you're a little cranky today. My pet peeve is the office ladies who get annoyed at everything too easily. :)

Just playing with you. I really HATE when people come to work obviously sick and contagious. I don't need their sickness. Also, when people use speakerphone EVERY time they're on the phone. If you're the only person on your end of the conversation, pick up the handset and stop yelling.

Miss Foxy
12-21-2009, 06:10 PM
Sounds like you're a little cranky today. My pet peeve is the office ladies who get annoyed at everything too easily. :)

Just playing with you. I really HATE when people come to work obviously sick and contagious. I don't need their sickness. Also, when people use speakerphone EVERY time they're on the phone. If you're the only person on your end of the conversation, pick up the handset and stop yelling.

Lol!! I am cranky huh?!! Teehee:ashamed:.. I am so with you on the speakerphone non-sense!! Or when they get a cool new ringtone (so they think) and it rings aloud and they don't pick it up till the song is almost done..Like seriously!!

rearnakedchoke
12-21-2009, 06:18 PM
i hate it when the people in the offices on either side of me complain about the volume of the snoring ... jeez ... get a life

NateR
12-21-2009, 06:56 PM
My pet peeve is the office ladies who get annoyed at everything too easily. :)

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Blade
12-21-2009, 07:11 PM
I hate every single thing about offices.

J.B.
12-21-2009, 07:15 PM
I love the Office :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pw_eX97TUw&feature=related

Crisco
12-21-2009, 07:15 PM
My office is a human resources nightmare lol.

Llamafighter
12-21-2009, 07:32 PM
I hate when I bring in my lunch and everyone is so curious about what I'm eating. When I'm in the pantry heating it up, when i'm walking it back to my desk, when I'm eating at my desk.
I've actually responded "my lunch" when someone asked me what was in the container.

Miss Foxy
12-21-2009, 07:39 PM
I hate when I bring in my lunch and everyone is so curious about what I'm eating. When I'm in the pantry heating it up, when i'm walking it back to my desk, when I'm eating at my desk.
I've actually responded "my lunch" when someone asked me what was in the container.
Good one!! I hate that too!!!!!!!:cool:

Oddtodd76
12-22-2009, 03:01 AM
I hate having to be politically correct and professional. Boo freaking hoo!
Everyone has emotions now at work! You can't say anything without hurting someone's feelings.
There is a group of us that tell each other to shut up when we see each other(instead of hi or good morning). it is a great stress breaker. You have to yell it too! I walk in to the office, say good morning to a couple of people, and tell a guy to shut up! And then he says "No! You need to shut up!"
People freak out all the time over it! It is hilarious!
It makes my day.

Silverback
12-22-2009, 03:22 AM
I am very lucky, my office is the cab of a track-hoe so I am the only one that will fit in there, but then you have your concrete drivers that get stuck and you have to go pull them out and then fix their water hose and I could go on and on, so lets see if someone reads this and comes clean with what happened.:wink::wink::wink:

bradwright
12-22-2009, 06:02 AM
I am very lucky, my office is the cab of a track-hoe so I am the only one that will fit in there, but then you have your concrete drivers that get stuck and you have to go pull them out and then fix their water hose and I could go on and on, so lets see if someone reads this and comes clean with what happened.:wink::wink::wink:

and i feel very lucky as well as my office is the cab of a grader...and i quit pulling concrete trucks out a long time ago...i just find they never learn and I refuse to be an enabler any longer.:)

Shoots like a girl
12-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Although I love my office, my business and my co-workers there is one thing my closest co-worker does that just irritates me. Shes in the office next to mine and she talks ALOUD to herself alot. So at first I thought she was talking to me and was always asking her to repeat herself, now I dont even pay attention to her and she thinks Im ignoring her. LOL Its a lose lose situation!

Crisco
12-22-2009, 09:27 PM

What'd you have for lunch today?

Miss Foxy
06-29-2010, 01:00 AM
Mood is elevated on the irritating office peeves!!!!!! GRRRRR :muttering::timebomb::censored::fighting0008: This lady has a cup of ice and keeps chomping on it loudly!! Her cup is a hard plastic cup so it's irritating me every 30 seconds she's doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP ME !!! Im gonna have a BF!

Vizion
06-29-2010, 03:30 AM
I've actually responded "my lunch" when someone asked me what was in the container.Yep - drives me nuts when people get nosy like that. :talktothehand:

County Mike
06-29-2010, 11:56 AM
I hate when someone wakes me up.

Neezar
06-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Mood is elevated on the irritating office peeves!!!!!! GRRRRR :muttering::timebomb::censored::fighting0008: This lady has a cup of ice and keeps chomping on it loudly!! Her cup is a hard plastic cup so it's irritating me every 30 seconds she's doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP ME !!! Im gonna have a BF!

What is a BF? Or do I even want to know? :laugh:

County Mike
06-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Bisexual Fetish
Boob Fondling
Breast Fatigue
????

VCURamFan
06-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Haha, now no one will read Mike's post! :tongue0011:

County Mike
06-29-2010, 01:21 PM
Haha, now no one will read Mike's post! :tongue0011:

Punk!

MattHughesRocks
06-29-2010, 03:38 PM
I hate when I come back from my weekend every single week and all my pens are gone & the only one other person there says it isn't him :irked:

County Mike
06-29-2010, 03:56 PM
I hate when I come back from my weekend every single week and all my pens are gone & the only one other person there says it isn't him :irked:

The penis mightier than the sword!

MattHughesRocks
06-29-2010, 04:05 PM
Very funny :mellow:

:laugh:

The penis mightier than the sword!

Dethbob
06-29-2010, 04:18 PM

Youíre eating that? Donít you know that it:
A) causes heart disease/cancer/kills dolphins/destroys the rainforest?
B) is better/cheaper/more at store X?
C) is made from dogs/worms/people/lips and etc.?
D) I make that at home and mine is so much better than whatever youíre having.

flo
06-29-2010, 04:39 PM
and i feel very lucky as well as my office is the cab of a grader...and i quit pulling concrete trucks out a long time ago...i just find they never learn and I refuse to be an enabler any longer.:)

flo
06-29-2010, 04:41 PM

Broccoli fart? Baby ferret?

Inquiring minds want to know...

flo
06-29-2010, 04:43 PM
Of course, Mike's guesses were all sexually oriented. :laugh: Also, he didn't get the last post.

Again. :wink::tongue0011:

Miss Foxy
06-29-2010, 05:19 PM
What is a BF? Or do I even want to know? :laugh:

Bitch fit!! lol..

Twinsmama
06-29-2010, 09:10 PM
I hate when my husband comes to visit and I have to pretend I'm not on here or reading the newspaper online or checking tmz.com, or emailing my friends or online shopping or listening to county music videos on youtube .

He thinks I never work.....:laugh:

surveyorshawn
06-29-2010, 09:18 PM

I thought a track-hoe was a hooker who hung out by the railroad tracks.....oh wait, that's a track-ho :wink:

Bonnie
06-29-2010, 09:55 PM
Bitch fit!! lol..

I figured it was some kind of "fit". :laugh:

That would totally get on my nerves.....as my husband well knows! :rolleyes:

Miss Foxy
06-29-2010, 10:24 PM

I figured it was some kind of "fit". :laugh:

That would totally get on my nerves.....as my husband well knows! :rolleyes:

LOL!! Ice chomping is the worst!!! So today we had a potluck.. I participated, but I don't eat the food.. I hate how people lurk around the food.. Pick up a gosh dawg plate and handle it!! No reason to be shy!!

Primadawn
06-30-2010, 05:49 AM
LOL!! Ice chomping is the worst!!! So today we had a potluck.. I participated, but I don't eat the food.. I hate how people lurk around the food.. Pick up a gosh dawg plate and handle it!! No reason to be shy!!

Potlucks at work are the WORST! I always participated too...but I never ate the food unless it was my own...I've seen the cubicles these people work in...the "public" self they show people...I shudder to think what their kitchens might look like...:scared0011:

County Mike
06-30-2010, 12:32 PM
I love the office parties. Lots of good food and I think most of the people I work with are pretty clean. Any time I can get some free food, count me in. I usually bring the cups and try to get a game of beer pong of flip cup going. :)

BamaGrits84
06-30-2010, 04:23 PM
I hate when I hear a conversation in Korean and then "kelly" ever few seconds. What the hell. Don't talk about me unless i can understand it!

I hate when accounting or purchasing emails me to contact a vendor about an invoice. Uh not my job!

I hate when I'm sitting at my desk eating - clearly on mu "lunch" - and my boss ask me the status of something.

I hate when my senior manager threatens to move our desk to closer to his because we aren't being productive enough but he is the one that has held onto a correction report for 2 weeks and has yet to approve my corrective action plan.

:frantics:

VCURamFan
06-30-2010, 05:53 PM
I hate that my boss keeps asking my why I'm on the forums & not doing my job! :angry:

(Only kidding, forum-mom community! I only log on during lunch & at the end of the day when my tasks are done. :laugh:)

Play The Man
07-01-2010, 05:25 AM

Llamafighter, what did you have for lunch today at your toilet? . . . I mean desk.:scared0015::laugh:

Your office desk harbors far more bacteria than your workplace restroom, and if you're a woman, chances are your workspace has more germs than your male co-workers', a new research report shows.

Women have three to four times the number of bacteria in, on and around their desks, phones, computers, keyboards, drawers and personal items as men do, the study by University of Arizona professor Charles Gerba showed. Gerba, a professor of soil, water and environmental sciences, tested more than 100 offices on the UA campus and in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oregon and Washington, D.C. The $40,000 study was commissioned by the Clorox Co.

"I thought for sure men would be germier," Gerba said. "But women have more interactions with small children and keep food in their desks. The other problem is makeup."

Don't get Gerba wrong: Women's desks typically looked cleaner. But the knickknacks are more abundant, and cosmetics and hand lotions make prime germ-transfer agents, Gerba said. Makeup cases also make for fine germ homes, along with phones, purses and desk drawers.

Food in desk drawers also harbors lots of microorganisms, and it is more abundant among female office workers. Gerba found 75 percent of women had munchies in their desks.

"I was really surprised how much food there was in a woman's desk," he said. "If there's ever a famine, that's the first place I'll look for food."

The news isn't all negative for the fairer sex.

Gerba found the worst overall office germ offender is men's wallets.

"It's in your back pocket where it's nice and warm, it's a great incubator for bacteria," Gerba said.

Another hot spot for bacteria in men's offices: the personal digital assistant.

"Men tend to play with their Palm Pilots more," Gerba said. "I think they're playing video games or something."

The average office desktop has 400 times more bacteria than the average office toilet seat, Gerba said.

Gerba said using a hand sanitizer and using a disinfectant on office surfaces helps, with 25 percent fewer bacteria found on surfaces that were regularly disinfected. Once-a-day use should be sufficient.

"You don't have to go crazy with it, but with the key areas, desktops, phones and keyboards probably need to be disinfected once in a while," he said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/14/AR2007021401349.html

MattHughesRocks
07-01-2010, 07:13 AM
:angry:

Brat! :laugh:

I hate that my boss keeps asking my why I'm on the forums & not doing my job! :angry:

(Only kidding, forum-mom community! I only log on during lunch & at the end of the day when my tasks are done. :laugh:)

VCURamFan
07-01-2010, 05:37 PM
:angry:

Brat! :laugh:
Hahahaha, I thought you'd get a kick outta that, Mom - I mean - Michelle. :laugh:

Miss Foxy
07-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Llamafighter, what did you have for lunch today at your toilet? . . . I mean desk.:scared0015::laugh:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/14/AR2007021401349.html

Ewww I believe it some women are disgusting and can put a mans filth to shame!! Lets just say I am somewhat obsessed with cleaning my desk. I buy clorox wipes, purell, and alcohol by the bulk..:ashamed: I clean my desk honestly about 5x a day..

County Mike
07-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Ewww I believe it some women are disgusting and can put a mans filth to shame!! Lets just say I am somewhat obsessed with cleaning my desk. I buy clorox wipes, purell, and alcohol by the bulk..:ashamed: I clean my desk honestly about 5x a day..

You must be filthy to require that much cleaning. :tongue0011:

Twinsmama
07-01-2010, 09:28 PM
yikes that is nasty. i was eating when i read that.

my desk looks like a pig pen. maybe i should clean it.....I have six stacks of junk on it (otherwise known as work waiting to be done). I have a big wrap around desk and don't have enough room!!:laugh::laugh: Foxy you would have a heart attack if you seen my desk.

At the very least I won't eat something if I drop it on the desk anymore...unless the full 5 seconds hasn't passed:laugh:

VCURamFan
07-01-2010, 09:29 PM
yikes that is nasty. i was eating when i read that.

my desk looks like a pig pen. maybe i should clean it.....I have six stacks of junk on it (otherwise known as work waiting to be done). I have a big wrap around desk and don't have enough room!!:laugh::laugh: Foxy you would have a heart attack if you seen my desk.

At the very least I won't eat something if I drop it on the desk anymore...unless the full 5 seconds hasn't passed:laugh:
Hey, just so long as it's drop on an open portion with no visible dirt, I call it fair game! The way I figure it, I'm the only one who sits here, so any becteria that show up are mine anyhow! :laugh:

Miss Foxy
07-14-2010, 10:59 PM
So as usual I have been on an emotional rollercoaster and have been eating this week alot :sad Anyhoots I had a long meeting today and have busted my tail so I wanted some darn McDonalds!! I go and get a happy meal literally!! I come back and the gal that sits next to me tells me that I am being bad she smells a hamburger. I told her to stfu and mind her own business and go dye her gray hairs!! lol.. I know im bad...:punch:

MattHughesRocks
07-14-2010, 11:06 PM
When a girls gotta eat...a girls gotta eat :laugh:

Hang in there before you end up at Weight Watcher's like me,lol.

Miss Foxy
07-14-2010, 11:38 PM
When a girls gotta eat...a girls gotta eat :laugh:

Hang in there before you end up at Weight Watcher's like me,lol.

Lol!! No I have packed on a few pounds :ashamed:, and I am going back to my routine Monday! I need one last weekend of being a hog!! I am gonna end up at the county fair as the pig....:scared0011:

BamaGrits84
07-15-2010, 08:48 PM
It ticks me off when people just lay parts on my desk with no note on what I'm supposed to do with them. My desk is not the "i don't know where else to put it" place!

Neezar
07-15-2010, 09:17 PM
I hate it when people come to the emergency room with diarrhea.

Me: Have you taken any medication for diarrhea?
Them: No. I don't have any money to buy it.
Me: How are you going to pay for your prescription?
Them: :mellow:

*pause*

Them: Can I get a warm blanket and the remote?
Me: *facing them* :) Of course.
Me: *after I walk out* :yell::duh::headache:

TexasRN
07-15-2010, 11:29 PM
I hate it when people come to the emergency room with diarrhea.

Me: Have you taken any medication for diarrhea?
Them: No. I don't have any money to buy it.
Me: How are you going to pay for your prescription?
Them: :mellow:

*pause*

Them: Can I get a warm blanket and the remote?
Me: *facing them* :) Of course.
Me: *after I walk out* :yell::duh::headache:

My favorite when I was working ED was when a mom would bring a small baby in at 3 am saying, "He keeps crying at night!" And of course by then the kid is sleeping with not a thing wrong with him/her. :rolleyes:

Or the time a mom brought her 10 year old in for having a black tongue. The attending looked in his mouth and asked, "Son, what have you been eating today?" Kid answered, "Oreos." :laugh:

~Amy

Neezar
07-16-2010, 12:21 AM
My favorite when I was working ED was when a mom would bring a small baby in at 3 am saying, "He keeps crying at night!" And of course by then the kid is sleeping with not a thing wrong with him/her. :rolleyes:

Or the time a mom brought her 10 year old in for having a black tongue. The attending looked in his mouth and asked, "Son, what have you been eating today?" Kid answered, "Oreos." :laugh:

~Amy

I have horror stories of my own from the Peds ER (Peds scares the hell outta me :unsure-1:).

I took my son to ER one Saturday just sure he would need fluids. He was very sick and every couple of days would drink just enough. Then he went all day and night without peeing so after not being able to get him to drink it was off to the ER. As soon as the doc walks in and I say he hasn't pee'd he says, "But I have to go NOW." And sure enough he did. . And to top it off he comes out of the bathroom and says, "I want a hamburger!" The doc quietly starts writing, hands me my walking papers, and says, "Go get him a hamburger" and walks out. :ashamed::angry::ashamed:

Neezar
07-16-2010, 12:27 AM
Love the nursing homes, too!

We got one who was short of breath. She had dentures laying in the back of her throat. :laugh:

TexasRN
07-16-2010, 12:08 PM

I have horror stories of my own from the Peds ER (Peds scares the hell outta me :unsure-1:).

I took my son to ER one Saturday just sure he would need fluids. He was very sick and every couple of days would drink just enough. Then he went all day and night without peeing so after not being able to get him to drink it was off to the ER. As soon as the doc walks in and I say he hasn't pee'd he says, "But I have to go NOW." And sure enough he did. . And to top it off he comes out of the bathroom and says, "I want a hamburger!" The doc quietly starts writing, hands me my walking papers, and says, "Go get him a hamburger" and walks out. :ashamed::angry::ashamed:

I was lucky enough to get my kids to make me look like a nutty mom/liar at the pediatrician's office instead of the ED. Our ED visits always ended up with Hannah having to be held down by 3 nurses, a tech, me, and a doc to get anything done. Guess those TKD classes really help her defend herself. :laugh: Then of course she'd have a reaction to any meds they gave her and she'd bust out with hives all over and they'd have to treat that....she's one of those people with a long list of allergies and she's only 11. I can't wait for her to be labeled "drug seeker" for listing her allergies. :unsure-1:

~Amy

BamaGrits84
07-16-2010, 08:40 PM
I was lucky enough to get my kids to make me look like a nutty mom/liar at the pediatrician's office instead of the ED. Our ED visits always ended up with Hannah having to be held down by 3 nurses, a tech, me, and a doc to get anything done. Guess those TKD classes really help her defend herself. :laugh: Then of course she'd have a reaction to any meds they gave her and she'd bust out with hives all over and they'd have to treat that....she's one of those people with a long list of allergies and she's only 11. I can't wait for her to be labeled "drug seeker" for listing her allergies. :unsure-1:

My son was getting some shots in his butt and 2 nurses, myself, & the dr were holding him face down. He started yelling "I'll be good! I'll be good!" He thought we were fixing to spank him for not turning over on his stomach when we asked him to!

Neezar
07-16-2010, 09:14 PM
My son was getting some shots in his butt and 2 nurses, myself, & the dr were holding him face down. He started yelling "I'll be good! I'll be good!" He thought we were fixing to spank him for not turning over on his stomach when we asked him to!

Awwww! Bless his heart!

You people should be ashamed. :angry:

I talk my kids into laying there and taking them. :unsure-1:

All I say is, "Do you want to take that yucky medicine for 100 days or take a shot and it be over in 10 secs and we go to the MALL. :w00t:"

They go :unsure: "Will you buy me a toy?"

Me: Sure! Or I will give you ten....NO! TWELVE! quarters to play with at the mall!":w00t:

Them: TWELVE?! :w00t:

They agree. :laugh:

TexasRN
07-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Awwww! Bless his heart!

All I say is, "Do you want to take that yucky medicine for 100 days or take a shot and it be over in 10 secs and we go to the MALL. :w00t:"

Me: Sure! Or I will give you ten....NO! TWELVE! quarters to play with at the mall!":w00t:

Mine are too old for that trick now. :unsure-1:

~Amy

Neezar
07-16-2010, 09:41 PM
Mine are too old for that trick now. :unsure-1:

~Amy

Uh-oh! :unsure-1:

I better start learning the heel hook or something. lol

flo
07-16-2010, 09:59 PM

Now THAT'S good thinking! I'd take the shot too! :wink: Just substitute the 12 quarters for 12 plants.

MattHughesRocks
07-17-2010, 05:11 AM

Awwww! Bless his heart!

Bonnie
07-17-2010, 06:44 AM

They are never too young to learn about business, "The Art of the Negotiation". :laugh:

The only problem is when they get better at it than you. :laugh:

BamaGrits84
09-14-2010, 07:00 PM
I hate it when people use hard to read fonts/backgrounds in their emails and/or signatures. Save the cute font crap for all your stupid chain emails and stick to arial or times new romans for anything you actually want me to read!

VCURamFan
09-14-2010, 09:01 PM
I hate it when people use hard to read fonts/backgrounds in their emails and/or signatures. Save the cute font crap for all your stupid chain emails and stick to arial or times new romans for anything you actually want me to read!
TRUTH!!! :punch: