PDA

View Full Version : Strike force main event spoiler.

Mac
12-20-2009, 05:12 AM
Cung lee just doesnt interest me . He just throws constant kicks . Shamrock was commentating and saying that his strikes dont hurt , they just knock you off balance . I actually dont see how shamrock can say that seeing as how the last fight i saw him in , lee broke his arm with one of those painfree strikes. But i dont like the total one dimension . Smith howeve pulled it out late in the 3rd with a nice KO of Cung . He got lucky cause i will say , he was getting handled by lee. The whole fight i was thinking " they chould have gave Robbie the Cung Lee fight .

The commentator chick was already mentioning a fight between hendo and Fedor . She asked Dan if he would like that fight and he just kinda laughed and said thats down the road a good ways if it ever does happen . Kinda like " hey , i never said that" lol.

Llamafighter
12-20-2009, 05:21 AM
The commentating on that show always drives me nuts, and I know the fighter want to get paid but King Mo spraying Rockstar all over the mat was really stupid.
The Thomson vs Melendez fight was really fun to watch.
Cung Le is fun to watch but I kept thinking if he slowed down and Scott hit him clean he'd be in trouble,

Jason 16
12-20-2009, 06:37 AM
The commentating on that show always drives me nuts, and I know the fighter want to get paid but King Mo spraying Rockstar all over the mat was really stupid.
The Thomson vs Melendez fight was really fun to watch.
Cung Le is fun to watch but I kept thinking if he slowed down and Scott hit him clean he'd be in trouble,

I think(I was nodding off and on) at the end cung le was trying to finish him with boxing and thats when he got nailed with a left hook

Llamafighter
12-20-2009, 07:00 AM
I think(I was nodding off and on) at the end cung le was trying to finish him with boxing and thats when he got nailed with a left hook

YEah, I think after attempting that big slam he was a little winded. Looks good for Robbie to have a finish on Smith. He's taking out some big guys in the division.

atomdanger
12-20-2009, 10:05 AM
I have said all along that Cung was over rated.

cubsfan47
12-20-2009, 12:16 PM
Agreed.
Smith is just plain tough. Wow.

Enjoyed watching these fights more than some recent UFC events.

Jeval
12-20-2009, 12:37 PM

+1 on that. He looked like an idiot.

Tyburn
12-20-2009, 12:43 PM

:angry: He's not over rated! he was winning the fight! He just got caught...it happens...it doesnt mean he's over-rated :angry:

Spiritwalker
12-20-2009, 02:51 PM

I just wonder how a single loss equates "over rated".. 6-1 is nothing to sneeze at.

I think Smith has always been a bit under rated .. if anythign he just wasn't "hyped" enough.

Max
12-20-2009, 03:26 PM
I just wonder how a single loss equates "over rated".. 6-1 is nothing to sneeze at.

I think Smith has always been a bit under rated .. if anythign he just wasn't "hyped" enough.

It really depends on where you ranked Le. If you thought he was an elite top 10 MW then yes, he was over rated. If you thought he was a gatekeeper then he is not overrated at all.

Tyburn
12-20-2009, 03:27 PM
It really depends on where you ranked Le. If you thought he was an elite top 10 MW then yes, he was over rated. If you thought he was a gatekeeper then he is not overrated at all.

:unsure-1: I thought he was elite. I still do. :)

Spiritwalker
12-20-2009, 03:38 PM

In Strikeforce, he is easly top 5 (I say top 3)... in the UFC.. top 10

Spiritwalker
12-20-2009, 03:39 PM
:unsure-1: I thought he was elite. I still do. :)

Damn.. I am agreeing with Dave....:scared0015:

Next thing you know.. he will be making a flight and wanting to put his arm around me and stuff....:cry:

Tyburn
12-20-2009, 04:05 PM

thats EXACTLY my thoughts. He cant be a "gate keeper" with a perfect record, because Gatekeepers are used to rank others...well who is in? only Scott Smith thus far...no, in that organisation he's one of the elites...in the UFC...well I dont know...I think I'd still put him quite high up, probably top ten.

He isnt over rated...he just got caught...he was winning that fight before a stray got him...in exactly the same way that the guy who got finished by Damarques Johnson was in the last UFC...the guy was amazing in the first round...he just lost concentration when entering Johnsons guard...and it was curtains...They are singing his praises on suckerpunch...but I think the fight made him look shyte till he won

...oh and im really pissed off about pettis and paleszewski also...I'm angry at the whole lot of them. I'm angry at Brian Butler for it happeneing, I'm angry at Jeff Curran and Duke Roufus who own the two individual fight camps, I am Angry at Bart Paleszewski...and I just think Pettis was an absolute fool for signing to fight. I'm not only angry because Pettis now has his perfect record spoiled by another suckerpunch fighter, but the gulf between them was dumbass in the first place. I'm also angry because as fans of the management group...which could do with increasing...having to be forced to chose which fighter to support was absolute shyte.

I knew that Bart would win, but I wanted Anthony and that just made it irritating...thats the main reason I didnt get online last night when it happend. They didnt even have the nerve to put it on their website...well of course bloody not. I spoke to Patrick Barry about it...he just said that sometimes it happens with two of the best...but come on...must I spell out that a perfect record of 7/8 IS not going to fair well against someone with about forty fuggin fights?

atomdanger
12-20-2009, 09:57 PM
:angry: He's not over rated! he was winning the fight! He just got caught...it happens...it doesnt mean he's over-rated :angry:

He didn't "get caught"

He was certainly winning, but he got tired, and lazy against a fighter with heavy hands,
he paid for it.

atomdanger
12-20-2009, 09:58 PM

You rank le top 3 in Sf?

I don't think Le beats Miller, Shields, Jacare, Smith (Obviously), Lindland, MM, etc...
In fact, I hope MM is his next fight, MM will floor him.

atomdanger
12-20-2009, 10:04 PM

Wins and losses have NOTHING to do with being over rated.
Being called an elite MW by people when you have 6 fights and refused to defend your title does.

Other than Frank (Who was 1 - 1 in his last couple and his win was Baroni)
Frykland was coming off 2 losses in a row when he fought Le,
Morgan was 5 - 5 in his last 5 before Le, and now has 4 losses in a row,
Von Flue was 1 - 2 in his last 3 before Le.

So.... its not like he did much to deserve that hype,
in the UFC he wouldn't be near a title shot with that record,
let alone win the title. He is not a top 10 mw IMO.
Watch him lose to Miller, or MM.

Tyburn
12-20-2009, 10:40 PM
He didn't "get caught"

He was certainly winning, but he got tired, and lazy against a fighter with heavy hands,
he paid for it.

that still doesnt make him over-rated. Your just saying he was being lapse...your not saying he was caught because he doesnt have the skill, but because he wasnt paying attention.

Over-rated is about when there is a gulf between hype, and skills.

What skills does Cung Le lack that makes him over-rated :huh:

atomdanger
12-20-2009, 11:07 PM
that still doesnt make him over-rated. Your just saying he was being lapse...your not saying he was caught because he doesnt have the skill, but because he wasnt paying attention.

Over-rated is about when there is a gulf between hype, and skills.

What skills does Cung Le lack that makes him over-rated :huh:

I think he is over rated,
I do not think he has a place in any top 10 rankings,
and certainly is not even a top 5 in SF.

He hasn't even beaten a SF top 5 MW yet, so...
He lacks ground game, he lacks striking defense, he lacks cardio, etc...
Now, for a buy with 7 fights, he isn't bad at all,
but he isn't the top tier MW people make him out to be.

Max
12-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Wins and losses have NOTHING to do with being over rated.
Being called an elite MW by people when you have 6 fights and refused to defend your title does.

Other than Frank (Who was 1 - 1 in his last couple and his win was Baroni)
Frykland was coming off 2 losses in a row when he fought Le,
Morgan was 5 - 5 in his last 5 before Le, and now has 4 losses in a row,
Von Flue was 1 - 2 in his last 3 before Le.

So.... its not like he did much to deserve that hype,
in the UFC he wouldn't be near a title shot with that record,
let alone win the title. He is not a top 10 mw IMO.
Watch him lose to Miller, or MM.

I agree. Shamrock is a good win but it does not make Le elite. Aside from that 4 of his other 6 fights are against UFC rejects. He would not crack the top 10 of the UFC and I agree that there are a lot of MW's in Strikeforce who would beat him.

Llamafighter
12-21-2009, 12:20 AM
You rank le top 3 in Sf?

I don't think Le beats Miller, Shields, Jacare, Smith (Obviously), Lindland, MM, etc...
In fact, I hope MM is his next fight, MM will floor him.

Robbie would too!
and of course Hendo would.

atomdanger
12-21-2009, 05:05 AM
Robbie would too!
and of course Hendo would.

Exactly.

How did I forget those two? lol