PDA

View Full Version : Nater, Matt to twitter?

3dlee
12-17-2009, 06:23 AM
I know Matt's really busy and probably not big on such social networking sites, but I really enjoy following Chuck Liddell, Dana White, and even Joe Rogan. I think it'd be cool for Matt to be 'atwitter during his training for Renzo. Definitley understand if he's not intersted, but was curious if he's thought about it. In my opinion for famous ppl, twitter>myspace/facebook because it really seems to give an insight into what they do day to day. Just curious if there were any plans for it so I could be one of the first follow :cool:

Nater?

Miss Foxy
12-17-2009, 07:16 PM
I think thats lame if he did I can't imagine Matt as busy as he is twittering away..:laugh:

NateR
12-17-2009, 07:28 PM
We discussed it right around the same time that Matt set up his Facebook page. We ultimately decided that there wasn't really any point in doing the whole Twitter thing.

However, those of you who would like to see Matt Twitter, then feel free to argue your case here.

Llamafighter
12-17-2009, 07:51 PM
We discussed it right around the same time that Matt set up his Facebook page. We ultimately decided that there wasn't really any point in doing the whole Twitter thing.

However, those of you who would like to see Matt Twitter, then feel free to argue your case here.

I signed up and started following HIT squad, Chuck, Dana, Miguel Torres, and Shane Carwin. It might be cool for Matt to do it but he could also just have Todd put training updates on the HIT squad page. I know that Matt like to have people come to this site for info, so it's not a big deal if he doesn't do twitter.

TENNESSEAN
12-17-2009, 08:24 PM
Could be a good way to send new traffic to the website. Free advertisement.
I say try it for 3 months see if anything good comes out of it.

Jonlion
12-17-2009, 08:32 PM
I'm against it!

But its only me personally because I detest Twitter and don't use it!

3dlee
12-17-2009, 08:50 PM
i was certainly anti-twitter until i found out how many fighters are using it. its funny just to see chuck liddell cut up with buddies and tito talk to trash. i think matt could have fun with it.

TexasRN
12-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Please no. I don't want twitter. I want people to need to come here for Matt news.

~Amy

3dlee
12-17-2009, 09:48 PM
I believe this would definitely be the place to go for matt exclusives and news. twitters more of "on my way to the deerstand heres a pic" kinda thing as opposed to dropping big info. i dunno why im on such a big twitter kick. but if you were to sign up, follow some of your fav fighters, youd find its addictive. way more so than myspace for me. and it could even be "hey guys posted my new blog head over to matt-hughes.com to read it." i think it would bring traffic this way.

here's the big Q: If matt were to get a twitter, sign here if you'd get a twitter to "follow" him or use your current twitter to keep up with our hero.

1.3dlee

Crisco
12-17-2009, 09:49 PM
It is kind of cool to get updates on the fighters you support

Max
12-17-2009, 11:14 PM
I think it would be cool for mat to give twitter updates on the fights, if he were watching them that is

Chuck
12-17-2009, 11:23 PM
I think it would be cool for mat to give twitter updates on the fights, if he were watching them that is

Well then go add your name to 3D's list so he isn't left out!!! :D

MattHughesRocks
12-18-2009, 12:29 AM
I vote no but who am I? I voted no on myspace and what happened with that? :unsure-1:

:laugh:

Silverback
12-18-2009, 12:44 AM
Please no. I don't want twitter. I want people to need to come here for Matt news.

~Amy

Like anybodys going to listen to me, but I am with you TexasRN, this is Matt's farm ground.:punch::punch::punch:

3dlee
12-18-2009, 02:45 AM
thanks, chuck for the support! war twitter!lol also anyone following hit squad, or any other ufc/strikeforce fighters, a linky doo would be awesome

mikthehick
12-18-2009, 03:41 AM
naw guys don't do twitter, it's retarded.

Yes i'm a hypocrite b/c i have one, but i'm never on it and it just gets boring after awhile. I guess it is good for posting links to other sites tho.

Mac
12-18-2009, 03:45 AM
dont relly want to google it . What is twitter? ive heard it talked about but never looked at it i dont think . Im guessing it sends messages to your phone, doesnt that get expensive ?

Spiritwalker
12-18-2009, 04:54 AM
Could be a good way to send new traffic to the website. Free advertisement.
I say try it for 3 months see if anything good comes out of it.

As far as marketing .. go for it... but for real info on the goings on of Matt Hughes.. always link back to matt-hughes.com

The company I work for is starting to consider using it... just to hear from customers... But I don't really see Matt "tweeting".. today I have to "whatever"... he more "down to earth" than that... Should Matt want to be own twitter... use it..

I haven't updated my twitter in MONTHS and MONTHS.. just not that vain..

atomdanger
12-18-2009, 07:00 AM

I would be more interested in a HIT SQUAD twitter.
Just updated on fights for guys from there, whats new at the gym,
and it could include Matt's tweets as well.
Maybe random twitpics also

Just my 2 cents.

Llamafighter
12-18-2009, 12:37 PM
dont relly want to google it . What is twitter? ive heard it talked about but never looked at it i dont think . Im guessing it sends messages to your phone, doesnt that get expensive ?

It's like facebook if all it had was status updates and you were only allowed to type a sentence or two. I just got an account so I could follow HIT squad and Chuck Liddell, and Nater but I'm barely on it for longer than 5 minutes to read what people are up too.
Nater by the way does not give his twitter followers nuttin":laugh:

que
12-18-2009, 02:52 PM
i don't see the point in matt having a twitter. i consider his weekly updates on this site a twitter. and besides, doesn't he often say he barely has time for even those? if he doesn't have much time for those i can't see how he is going to remember/be bothered with doing twitters on a phone. that's just not him IMO

NateR
12-18-2009, 03:06 PM
If Matt did have a Twitter account, then I can give you a preview of what this week might have been like:

Monday 9:15 AM: At the gym now, this place is deserted. Everyone must be home for Christmas.

Monday 9:30 AM: Looks like a dodgeball day.

Monday 10:45 AM: Todd won all three games of dodgeball, so we're calling it National Retard Day.

Tuesday 11 AM: Getting ready to head to the airport to go out to Robbie's fight.

Tuesday 11:30 AM: Just heard that Prangley dropped out, wonder who they will get to replace him.

Wednesday 12 PM: Trained with Robbie this morning, still no word on a replacement.

Thursday 7 PM: Robbie's fight cancelled, I fly home tomorrow. Get home at 4:30.

Friday 2:30 PM: Getting ready to board the plane.

Friday 5 PM: Nate is late picking me up at the airport AGAIN! He better not be at the comic book store.

Neezar
12-18-2009, 03:10 PM
If Matt did have a Twitter account, then I can give you a preview of what this week might have been like:

Monday 9:15 AM: At the gym now, this place is deserted. Everyone must be home for Christmas.

Monday 10:45 AM: Todd won all three games of dodgeball, so we're calling it National Retard Day.

Tuesday 11 AM: Getting ready to head to the airport to go out to Robbie's fight.

Tuesday 11:30 AM: Just heard that Prangley dropped out, wonder who they will get to replace him.

Wednesday 12 PM: Trained with Robbie this morning, still no word on a replacement.

Friday 5 PM: Nate is late picking me up at the airport AGAIN! He better not be at the comic book store.

:laugh:

VCURamFan
12-18-2009, 03:20 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'd follow that!! SD, put me on your list!!!:happydancing:

CAVEMAN
12-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Twitter Smitter! If people have the time to sit and do that all day long, then they don't have enough to do!

Plus, if Matt ends up on every social networking site, what is the use of this forum. I say CAN the twitter.

Mac
12-18-2009, 04:17 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

TexasRN
12-18-2009, 06:27 PM

And this is assuming his phone will be charged enough to do these "tweet" things.

~Amy

Crisco
12-18-2009, 06:43 PM
I think the more important question is will Mark hughes twitter.

TexasRN
12-18-2009, 06:47 PM
I think the more important question is will Mark hughes twitter.

:scared0011: I didn't even think of that. Hmmm. I can see him on his tractor tweeting all day! Yep. Hilarious.

~Amy

Shoots like a girl
12-18-2009, 07:56 PM
And this is assuming his phone will be charged enough to do these "tweet" things.

~Amy

I would think Matt would be too manly for "tweeting"! LOL, can you picture that?

Matt, what cha doin?

Matt: "Im like totally tweeting"

It would only end up in Forrest Griffins next book! ahahahaha

LOL! Just dont see it!:laugh:

Miss Foxy
12-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Like anybodys going to listen to me, but I am with you TexasRN, this is Matt's farm ground.:punch::punch::punch:

Im with ya guys/dolls on this!! I hate twitter..It's so freakin' trendy and lame...

TexasRN
12-18-2009, 08:35 PM
I would think Matt would be too manly for "tweeting"! LOL, can you picture that?

Matt, what cha doin?

Matt: "Im like totally tweeting"

It would only end up in Forrest Griffins next book! ahahahaha

LOL! Just dont see it!:laugh:

I can just see the tweets he'd do now. :huh:

~Amy

Shoots like a girl
12-18-2009, 08:42 PM
I can just see the tweets he'd do now. :huh:

~Amy

It could be entertaining!

TexasRN
12-18-2009, 08:49 PM
It could be entertaining!

I would rather he stay out of twitter and stick to this site. He's different from all other mma fighters and this forum is different from any other fighter fan-site out there. It helps make it special. There are news sites that watch this place closely to see what's going on with Matt and quote his blog straight from here. If he starts this twitter business it just gives idiots more ways to miscontrue what he says and believes.

~Amy

3dlee
12-19-2009, 05:18 AM
I would rather he stay out of twitter and stick to this site. He's different from all other mma fighters and this forum is different from any other fighter fan-site out there. It helps make it special. There are news sites that watch this place closely to see what's going on with Matt and quote his blog straight from here. If he starts this twitter business it just gives idiots more ways to miscontrue what he says and believes.

~Amy

very true amy. twitter would give oppurtunities for more reasons to either love or hate, matt. i definitley am starting to see the reasons against it. hows about a video blog then? lol :w00t:

TexasRN
12-19-2009, 11:51 AM
very true amy. twitter would give oppurtunities for more reasons to either love or hate, matt. i definitley am starting to see the reasons against it. hows about a video blog then? lol :w00t:

Mmmm, I'd go for a video blog! :w00t:

~Amy

bradwright
12-19-2009, 12:26 PM
i for one really dont need to know every time Matt checks his mail or washes his truck (no offence Matt...although i'm sure some of the members here would love to watch you wash your truck (think girls here Matt) i'm not one of them...sorry.:))...besides i look forward to reading his blogs and if he twittered everything he did then his blogs wouldn't be quite as news worthy....i know Bonnie would have said this much better then i did (sorry for being so stupid Bonnie,:sad:i am trying you know.:) ) but i hope everyone gets the jist of what i'm trying to say here... if not then here's the short version...NO TWEETING PLEASE...thanks.:)

mikthehick
12-19-2009, 01:44 PM

~Amy

This is exactly one of the top complaints of people who use twitter.

For those of you who say it's 'trendy', don't worry too much, the next social networking evolution website will be here by summer
:cool:

J.B.
12-20-2009, 06:15 PM
The only reason I would say Matt probably SHOULD have a twitter is just so that people know there is an "official" page. Just like with Myspace and Facebook, people go out of their way to make fake pages of celebrities.

Also, it basically requires no work to update it since you can link it to Facebook and it will just automatically update twitter.