PDA

View Full Version : It's a girl

County Mike
12-11-2009, 06:14 PM
I'm thrilled and worried at the same time. It will be awesome having a little girl but I know that I'll worry about protecting her every single day.

Haley Jean Everland - due May 7th.

Crisco
12-11-2009, 06:20 PM
I'm thrilled and worried at the same time. It will be awesome having a little girl but I know that I'll worry about protecting her every single day.

I hope she enjoys being locked in her room for the greater part of her teen years.

Silverback
12-11-2009, 06:42 PM
I have those same worries with my 4 son's that is what a parent is suppose to do, I just wished that I would have had a little girl, would have been icing on the cake. Good luck and god bless her.:):):)

Silverback
12-11-2009, 06:46 PM
I have those same worries with my 4 son's that is what a parent is suppose to do, I just wished that I would have had a little girl, would have been icing on the cake. Good luck and god bless her.:):):)

Along with my 4 boy's, just wanted to make sure nobody thought I wanted that little girl to replace one of them. Wait a minute, there has been times, no just kidding.

Bonnie
12-11-2009, 07:01 PM

I already told you you were having a girl! :rolleyes:

:laugh:

Congratulations Daddy!!! :happydancing:

Mac
12-11-2009, 07:32 PM
COngratulations Mike!!!!!!!! You wont know how you ever lived without her.

Boomer
12-11-2009, 07:40 PM
TO WARRRRR!! ARISE THE AMAZOINIAN WARRIOR BRIDES OF THE EVERLAND CLAN!!!! :headbanger:

Congrats buddy. Awesome name.

Tyburn
12-11-2009, 08:17 PM
:) Congratulations Mike :)

que
12-11-2009, 08:24 PM
congratulations man!

CAMPO
12-11-2009, 09:19 PM

CONGRATS!!!! I like the name too :)

flo
12-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Congratulations and best wishes that everything goes very smoothly!

TexasRN
12-11-2009, 09:24 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That's awesome! Congrats, Mike!!

~Amy

flo
12-11-2009, 09:32 PM
I also think that's a lovely name, Haley Jean.

OTOH, here are some not-so-great choices:

10. Moon Unit Zappa: Moon Unit Zappa, daughter of the late musician Frank Zappa, is sort of a pioneer in odd celebrity baby names. It's not so much the Moon that gets us... after all, plenty of hippies gave their children names originating from nature. It's the "Unit" that bothers us.
9. Sage Moonblood: It's a tribal-sounding name, but what tribe is Sly Stallone a member of? On top of that, the word blood in a name conjurs up the grotesque. And since when does a moon bleed?
8. Espn: Not one, not two, but four people have named their kids after the sports network. One guy took it further by giving his son the middle name of Montana after, you guessed it, quarterback Joe Montana. The child will turn out to be a dancer, hopefully.
7. Moxie CrimeFighter: We'll be honest. Moxie is kind of a cute name for a little girl. But did Penn Jillette have to give her the middle name of CrimeFighter? She's not a comic book character.
6. Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily: At least singer Michael Hutchence's daughter can go by the more traditional name of Lily. Glass half full.
5. Pilot Inspektor: My Name Is Earl star Jason Lee is starting his child on a lifetime of poor spelling. Tsk, tsk.
4. Bronx Mowgli: What else can we say but terrible, terrible, terrible all the way around. What's next for Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz? MullicaTownship Gunga Din?
3. Audio Science: Actress Shannyn Sossamon clearly named her child after a technical manual.
2. Superman: Pat and Sheena Wheaton of New Zealand wanted to name their child 4Real. But that was crazy, and the government denied the couple's request. So they went with the much more practical name of Superman, setting the bar way too high for any kid.
1. Adolf Hitler Campbell: The name of 3-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell hit the media late last year when his parents tried to order a cake with his name on it (the store refused). His sisters also have awful names: Joyce Lynn Aryan Nation and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell. We don't know what's going to happen to poor Adolf when he gets older, but we can only hope he changes his name as soon as possible.

Blade
12-11-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm sure you've given a few fathers sleepless nights in the past with some of your antics...ain't karma a bitch? lol Congratulations Country Mike, don't worry, you got plenty of relaxing years before the stress kicks in.

Shoots like a girl
12-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Congrats Mike! Girls are a huge blessing but and even bigger worry!

Bonnie
12-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Congrats Mike! Girls are a huge blessing but and even bigger worry!

Only because of boys like Mike! :laugh:

hughesfan4life
12-11-2009, 10:20 PM
:)congrats buddy!.

VCURamFan
12-11-2009, 10:29 PM

God has a sense of humor!!! :laugh:

County Mike
12-11-2009, 11:23 PM
For the record, my girlfriend's parents loved me. I was polite and respectful. Most of the stuff I say on here is in humor.

I think I'll make a rule: Anyone who wants to date my daughter has to get through a full week at the Shark Tank first. Sign the waiver, take your beatings and if you make it, THEN you might be allowed to date her. If you quit or miss a class, you lose the chance. :)

bradwright
12-11-2009, 11:28 PM
congratulations Mike ! ! !...i hope everything go's real well for you guys.:)

TexasRN
12-11-2009, 11:28 PM
For the record, my girlfriend's parents loved me. I was polite and respectful. Most of the stuff I say on here is in humor.

I think I'll make a rule: Anyone who wants to date my daughter has to get through a full week at the Shark Tank first. Sign the waiver, take your beatings and if you make it, THEN you might be allowed to date her. If you quit or miss a class, you lose the chance. :)

I'm pretty sure with you for a daddy she'll pick only good guys to date. Her self esteem will be so high that she'll be unreachable to any yahoos out there.

~Amy

Miss Foxy
12-12-2009, 12:17 AM
Ahh!! Congrats to you and your beautiful wife!! Don't worry Mike she's going to be okay im sure you will teach her a thing or 2!! :wink:

lyndsey823
12-12-2009, 12:27 AM
Congrats Mike!!! I bet she's going to be Daddy's Little Princess!

MattHughesRocks
12-12-2009, 04:22 AM
And congratulations in this thread to! :w00t:

My boss' wife gave birth to a girl today.She weighed in at 8.10! :scared0011:

County Mike
12-12-2009, 02:25 PM
And congratulations in this thread to! :w00t:

My boss' wife gave birth to a girl today.She weighed in at 8.10! :scared0011:

Lightweight. I was 9 lbs 10 oz. Kelli's scared. :)

Does explain why my mom's still mad at me though. JK

RG8144
12-14-2009, 05:16 PM

Congrats Mike! I felt the same way you described feeling when we found out last week that ours was a girl. Most of my concern about having a girl has subsided to healthier levels and I am just looking forward to holding her and trying to fully comprehend what it means to be a "Daddy". My heart melts already thinking about her.

I like your Shark Tank idea, I will keep you posted on any great ideas I come up with as well!

Twinsmama
12-14-2009, 10:07 PM
This girl will be the best thing that has happened to you yet. It's funny that you think you will detour her boyfriends. Luckily you have a long time to think that. :laugh: when boys weren't allowed in I just snuck out. All joking aside don't be foolish and think you're gonna be able to keep the boys away. If you raise a smart girl you won't have as much to worry about. Tell Kelli congratulations. I'm sure you guys are both so happy!!! You will make a great dad.

DonnaMaria
12-14-2009, 11:24 PM
I already told you you were having a girl! :rolleyes:

:laugh:

Congratulations Daddy!!! :happydancing:

I KNEW it was a girl too Bonnie!

It's called KARMA Mike! And it's taking a big bite of your A$$!:laugh:

* For the record I don't believe in Karma......but it sounded disrespectful to say that the Lord was biting Mike in the .......well....you know......:ashamed:

Let's just say that God gives everyone what they need to learn and grow...........

and God has a HUGE sense of humor!:laugh:

So therefore..........of course........... Mike is going to have a daughter! :laugh:

DonnaMaria
12-14-2009, 11:33 PM
AND for the record, any child is a blessing but girls really make you feel things you never felt before.........

worry, anxiety, fear, :laugh:

but also lots of joy!

oh, and they tend to talk a lot. A whole lot! Sure there are exceptions to every rule but in my 18 years of teaching the REAL talkers were the girls! :wacko: So be ready to listen!

AND Kelli is going to THE GREATEST MIDWIFE in the WORLD so at least the birth will be one less thing to worry about!!!!